(Close Window)
Topic: The President's Choice by SansMinds
This looks like a super fun trick.
I am sure it will get great reactions and the fact that you can hand out the bill at the end makes it very organic.

More info:
http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=59463

Best regards,
Titanas
Nice but expensive handout.
This does look nice we have it here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magic-shop/the-president's-choice--dvd-and-gimmicks--by-sansminds--dvd.html

I might go to the trouble of printing up some promotional money, would be a good giveaway.
Can the gimmick be used many times or we should prepared new bill for each presentation?
And the most important question about to the SansMinds products - is it practical or it is just good ad and only for camera not for real close up situation...
Looks great! Very creative
More importantly, how much of a nightmare is it to construct?
Reminds me of the Presidents Message by David Acer.
[quote]On Mar 27, 2017, emyers99 wrote:
More importantly, how much of a nightmare is it to construct? [/quote]
Better question If you pre-order it now, will you have to weight six to eight months while others can just show up to a convention and buy it?
Something doesn't add up.

At the end of the Murphy's video, it says it takes about 15 minutes to construct the gimmick - which I'm assuming includes the mouth that opens, as well as the work to get the card to appear in George's mouth (hope it is not more elastic work!). 15 minutes?

Then, in the video, it appears that you can actually immediately hand them the same bill - this is shown once, and the words used are "and you can immediately hand over the bill for inspection". I've got to think that this is after a switch with another bill that has a small card pre-attached. In one scene, it does show the trick followed by him handing the bill to a girl to look at, but it cuts away before she has a a chance to examine anything...then there's an immediate cut to the magi holding the transformed bill, an handing it to someone to inspect, which she does by turning it over. As this is a SM video, that could mean that you've got to take the bill back and switch it prior to handing it out. I don't own the trick, but doing otherwise would give them a souvenir that gives the method away.

Naturally, there's nothing wrong with a switch in magic. But there are so many videos out there that are passive aggressive - put together very carefully to make it appear that there is no switch, while at the same time being able to say, "We never said there wasn't a switch..."

Still, it looks like a fun trick that people will get a kick out of seeing.
[quote]On Mar 28, 2017, Chessmann wrote:

At the end of the Murphy's video, it says it takes about 15 minutes to construct the gimmick - which I'm assuming includes the mouth that opens, as well as the work to get the card to appear in George's mouth (hope it is not more elastic work!). 15 minutes?

Then, in the video, it appears that you can actually immediately hand them the same bill - this is shown once, and the words used are "and you can immediately hand over the bill for inspection". I've got to think that this is after a switch with another bill that has a small card pre-attached. In one scene, it does show the trick followed by him handing the bill to a girl to look at, but it cuts away before she has a a chance to examine anything...then there's an immediate cut to the magi holding the transformed bill, an handing it to someone to inspect, which she does by turning it over. As this is a SM video, that could mean that you've got to take the bill back and switch it prior to handing it out. I don't own the trick, but doing otherwise would give them a souvenir that gives the method away.

Naturally, there's nothing wrong with a switch in magic. But there are so many videos out there that are passive aggressive - put together very carefully to make it appear that there is no switch, while at the same time being able to say, "We never said there wasn't a switch..."

Still, it looks like a fun trick that people will get a kick out of seeing. [/quote]

After watching the trailer, the statement "bill can be handed out immediately" might be true. I can't speak much as it was merely my speculation, but did you notice how Jason quickly took away the deck from the spectator after he handed out the bill? Your guess my friend :)

Just my 2cents. Have a great day

Wayne
Good point! Maybe he's DDD - ditching the dirty in the deck :)
That would make the most sense. Putting the bill in deck is motivated by having the President search for the card so it would seem like the perfect moment to uncover the card and ditch the talking gimmick. In fact, it actually make a lot of sense. I wish I had thought of it.

Good point! Maybe he's DDD - ditching the dirty in the deck :) [/quote]
Looked great I have a Bill like that only the mouth just opens & closes it's more of a gag bought it years ago. This is nice to see the bill combined with the card into a magic effect I like It !

Still, it looks like a fun trick that people will get a kick out of seeing. [/quote]

I think we have been down this road before remember egyptian ink , could never been performed as shown in the DEMO
This is a fun effect.. I wonder if it could be adapted to U.K. notes? Somehow it's even funnier if the Queen is your assistant (to a Brit anyway). Sadly no people on Euro notes - only bridges and archways.
Sansminds???
Is still somebody buying stuff from them???
Personally I bought 2 products (the gimmick broke after 2 performances) and they put out a new product every week that 99,99% of the time gets bed reviews.
My video review

[youtube]rKo4f8FzDmk[/youtube]

video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKo4f8FzDmk
I recently bought this from SM. Am a little taken aback at the enormous amount of time it will require to construct the gimmick, but I'm used to arts and crafts, so I'll put my mind to it to get it done.

But I must say that 15 minutes to construct the gimmick is really an underestimate. I would guess closer to an hour, after I viewed the DVD.
[quote]On Mar 27, 2017, emyers99 wrote:
More importantly, how much of a nightmare is it to construct? [/quote]

There you go. ^ ^ ^
I'm not sure if "nightmare" is the best word. But for sure you have to be meticulous in your attention to detail. Sedulous effort required.

All comes down to whether or not one has a penchant for arts and crafts. But if you like arts and crafts, you will be in your element . If not, then I suggest you steer clear.
Also, sixteen stickers are included. If I put all that work in constructing it, I'm surely going to want to perform it more than sixteen times!

Anybody know if SM sells replacement stickers?

I wrote them down o ask, but they didn't answer me.
Continuous issues continue with their products. I hope more and more magi are ordering less and less from them until they turn things around.
Specifically?