(Close Window)
Topic: List of easy reveals
Maybe people might find this fun :)

Let's create a giant list (ordered if poss) of all the interesting, but SW, ways we can reveal a simply c*n**rolled or f*rced card.

1) Ribbon spread - pulse reading
2) Ribbon spread - another card as 'Geiger' counter
3) Looking for thumbprints
4) Smelling for the spectator's 'hand odour'
5) Prediction card - the mate
6) Duplicate card - in wallet or pocket or somewhere weird
7) 'The name of the card is ...' Ten of hearts reveal
8) Spelling down in the pack to the named card
9) Spelling down silently and thinking 'Stop!'
10) Pure mind reading
11) Prediction written down in envelope
12) Air-drop turnover
13) Cr*ss-Cut to card
14) Reading the specs body language or 'tells'
15) Reveal printed on another card
16) Reveal printed on card case
17) Reveal on T-shirt or other clothing or tattoo
18) Co*ntdown force to chosen number
19) Rising card
20) Phoning a 'wizard' friend who names the card
21) Reveal by technology - i-phone or PC etc

Over to you ... :)
Reveal card written in ashes rubbed on forearm.
This is not my style, but I know a magician in NYC who actually retrieves the selected card from inside a womanís pants.
I'm going to NYC this weekend, maybe I should learn that sleight of hand... seems pretty useful :D
[quote]On Mar 28, 2017, arthur stead wrote:
. . . I know a magician in NYC who actually retrieves the selected card from inside a womanís pants. [/quote]

. . . why he was wearing the woman's pants I'll never know.
Reveal on a large paper or poster, e.g., Magician's Insurance Policy.
Even more interesting as an english magician.....you see, we (correctly) wear our pants on the inside of our trousers........makes finding that ladies card a whole lot more fun , imho
To quote my card-finding friend in NYC: ďI open her zipper, stick my hand in, feel around in there, and then produce the card.Ē
Trump-ini the Great? ;-)
I have Amazon's Echo Dot.
I just ask Alexa to reveal the chosen card.
She gets it right every time.
People freak out.
Another great reveal.
I recorded a clip from Penn &Teller's Fool Us.
It shows 2 actors from the TV show, Jane the Virgin.
They are having a conversation and then suddenly one of them holds up the selected card and says "Is this your card?"
After I fail to find the selected card, I show this video clip on YouTube.
There's this great app: ANYCARD by K52

It's a great reveal in your phone.
Show wrong card and change it to the right one.

Selection rises from the deck.

Pre-introduced Stranger card later shown to signed selection....
Is This Your Card? - Paul Le Paul
Combination of wiregrams with flash paper
Have the rest of the deck turn blank or make their card vanish from the deck
Card boomerang
Prediction Wand. I believe it was in an issue of Magic in 2008. J.G. Thompson's book, THE LIVING END, is full of these reveals.

Some shoe companies now let you design your own - I have a pair of Adidas that has "5 of Clubs" embroidered where it would normally say the style of Adidas shoe, i.e. Samba.
I like to have a selected card printed in the classifieds of a local newspaper saying something like " Mary will be impressed by Ray because she selected the Queen of hearts".
[quote]On Aug 30, 2017, Ihop wrote:
People freak out. [/quote]

This sounds amazing. We have got Alexa to choose a card before but did not realise she could reveal one as well.

Which skill is this using please?
Patrick Kun - Instagrab
Image of card appears in a crystal ball ala Mike Rogers or clear cube/die (currently available) etc.

Duplicate card on back of 52 on 1 card.
The Warmth of Your Touch- Wakeman.
A Cutting Discovery- Elias
One I recently did:
1. F*r*e a 10, put it back, say it will turn face up.
2. Reveal a 5 has turned face up, pretend you messed up
3. "We can still do something about this..." deal that card's value down to find the spectator's card.
4. "Oh but since I messed up, I'd like to make up for that" reveal that the dealt cards complete a royal flush.

Pretty much self working after the f*r*e.
Message: Posted by: The_Mediocre_Gatsby (May 5, 2018 02:29PM)
Have the card buried inside a time capsule at some location you and the spec used to frequent as children. When the person is with you, you remind them of the time capsule you buried 20 years ago and today was the day you agreed to dig it up. When you do there's the card encased in a note written in a child's writing that says something like "20 years from now, I, Susan (whatever her name is), will choose the NAME OF CARD." You could also have some other things in the capsule (maybe a Tenyo item) that allow you to do other cool things.

This is an idea inspired by Andy at thejerx.com
[quote]On Jan 26, 2018, rboyd wrote:
[quote]On Aug 30, 2017, Ihop wrote:
People freak out. [/quote]

This sounds amazing. We have got Alexa to choose a card before but did not realise she could reveal one as well.

Which skill is this using please? [/quote]

Sorry for the late reply . The skill is "card finder" by a magician that is a member here on the Cafť.
You can also search for "magic trick" in the skills section.
Great suggestions all. One could also learn Aldo Colombini's fantastic Fireworks MRR and take your pick. Also, The Multiple Revelation Project by Andi Gladwin and Rob James has about 70 revelations and many are "easy." Other sources to consult are Daryl Eastman's work as well as Paul Cummins's seminal Fusillade.

I know the OP asked for a list but I have a hangover.
With Halloween coming round again, check out The Evil by Andy Nyman and Propdog.
A sandwich works nicely. I typically use the jokers and take them out of the deck, have the card selected and then lost in the deck, then wave the jokers over the deck and the card appears between them face-down. Or, have the card selected and lost, have the jokers placed in between a spectators hands, and the card appears in between them after some patter.
The Triple Discovery- Miller/ McMillan
Quick and Easy, Lorayne- And Finally!
Anyone mention the "Long Card" ? always a good reveal for a bit of fun.
Another Cutting Discovery- Elias
The Revelation- J.C. Wagner
Spin-Cut Revelation, J.K. Hartman- AfterCraft , Card Dodgery
On a Yoo-Toob clip of Ricky Jay performing his 52 Assistants he does a wonderful multiple location routine. Half way through he takes an imaginary strand of hair and uses it to pull a selection up out of the pack. Itís a very easy but visual card reveal. Almost like a rising card. I would be interested to know where it is in print if anyone knows?
That's a lot of potential ways to reveal a forced card! :)

Out of curiosity, does anyone do any of these? I mean, just a simple f*rce and cool reveal? If you do, tell us about here :)
See Daryl's 5 volume Card Revelations set.

http://www.daryl.net/product_detail.php?cat_id=80&id=776
[quote]On Feb 26, 2019, Terrible Wizard wrote:
That's a lot of potential ways to reveal a forced card! :)

Out of curiosity, does anyone do any of these? I mean, just a simple f*rce and cool reveal? If you do, tell us about here :) [/quote]
Yes. I do all of the ones I contributed here. But never to just reveal a forced card.
Finding the card 'psychologically'-i.e. getting them to name every rank from Ace to King and making the appropriate deduction. For example saying that they slowed down at 4, so their card is a 3.
On Page 106 of Semi-Automatic Card Tricks Vol 11 there is a great revelation called the Altman Flip Flourish which I LOVE. Also Something I like to do if a selected card is on top of deck is to Spread through upjogging a small Bunch of cards from the centre, Add the selection to top of small Packet with your right thumb as you strip out, then perform the Bob Farmer Small Packet Shuffle from The Bammo Ten Card Deal Dossier and just Flip the top card over. It looks really messy as if you could have no control but then the card just appears.

P.s. Semi-Automatic Card Tricks Vol 11 has a surprising amount of really really visual magic in it. I was very nicely surprised by this. Lots of cool revelations.
Here's the small packet shuffle referred to:

False Shuffling a small packet of cards can be awkward. A better approach is a False Cut that looks like a shuffle. Try this with a small packet of cards:

ē Hold the packet in the left hand.

ē Push off three or four cards in a loose pile (without changing their order) and take them into the right hand.

ē Push off another packet (without changing the order) and take it on top of and outjogged from the first packet.

ē Place all the cards back on top of the cards remaining in the left hand, the outjogged portion square with those cards.

ē Pull out the injogged packet (the original top portion) and drop it on top.

ē Repeat.

The Charlier Shuffle is mentioned frequently as a good packet shuffle, but I find it awkward to do and it actually cuts the packet, so avoid it.
Nice one Bob. It is such a great little Shuffle. Thanks for sharing the description Ł
Sounds identical to Harry Lorayne's Utility Mixer.
Message: Posted by: scottvraneshfallin (Apr 10, 2019 03:03PM)
[quote]On Apr 9, 2019, magicfish wrote:
Sounds identical to Harry Lorayne's Utility Mixer. [/quote]

I'm pretty sure Mr. Lorayne's Utility Mixer shows up in his earlier works, but it is definitely in And Finally.
No, this is a Bob Farmer Shuffle first published in his Bammo Ten Card Deal Dossier in 2014.
[quote]On Apr 12, 2019, stickmondoo wrote:
No, this is a Bob Farmer Shuffle first published in his Bammo Ten Card Deal Dossier in 2014. [/quote]
Are you familiar with the Utility Mixer?
The one published in Jaw Droppers Two. I am.
I see. Well, these are definitely near identical items. Sounds like a case of independent invention. Great minds think alike!
I got so much from The Ten Card Deal Dossier. It is such a good book. Max Maven had a great spelling version of the Ten Card Deal In there. The one with the written instructions was genius too. This shuffle was my favourite thing in the book though. I use it all the time and have done since I first read it there. I think Harry says in Jaw Droppers Two that it had already been published by someone else.
Back to the easy reveals. This is one that always gets a great reaction. Itís just a double lift really but for some reason it can really fry some people. You do a double then turn it down take the single card off the top face down. Place the deck on the table. Lift up half of it and spin the face down card through the middle of the deck then show itís changed. Some people think the first card somehow knocks out the selected card and you get kudos for being a card ninja Ł. Very easy but very strong.

Spelling someoneís name is a nice easy reveal too. Just jog shuffle the required number of cards on top. Annemann recommends this (spelling someoneís name, not the jog shuffle) and I agree with him. Scott Cram has a wonderful spelling revelation like this called ďThe Sweetest SoundĒ.
I got so much from The Ten Card Deal Dossier. It is such a good book. Max Maven had a great spelling version of the Ten Card Deal In there. The one with the written instructions was genius too. This shuffle was my favourite thing in the book though. I use it all the time and have done since I first read it there. I think Harry says in Jaw Droppers Two that it had already been published by someone else. [/quote]
Not quite. He said that a long time ago someone mentioned that he'd seen something like it in print but that Harry never had.
Anyway, it is definitely a beauty.
Fallout Move- John Bannon
Vernonesque- Lovell
Gag Card From Pocket- Malone
Reverse Faro Ending- Lorayne
The Australian Barbecue Move....

Itís not really called that.

It is an easy revelation though. In Semi-Automatic Card Tricks vol 8 there is a move by Lewis Jones called Double Under/Down Deal. I call it the Australian Barbecue because itís uses Steve Beams Australian Crawl and Australians have their barbecues outside on the Pateo. This move is so versatile. I use it for a lot of things.

I always thought that the Pateo force is a bit redundant and very easy to figure out if you are using objects you can see and know where they are. I think itís much more deceptive when using envelopes or face down cards like with The Australian Barbecue. The trick that follows the Lewis Jones idea is brilliant. One is the loneliest number.

MagicFish, where is the Bannon fall out move published? Is it a waterfall reveal? Your other three choices are great. I love the Harry Lorayne five card ending and use it all the time. Mentioning Malone made me think of I Should have Done it Myself from his first DVD set. He is so funny itís not funny.
It is published in High Caliber
Back to the easy reveals. This is one that always gets a great reaction. Itís just a double lift really but for some reason it can really fry some people. You do a double then turn it down take the single card off the top face down. Place the deck on the table. Lift up half of it and spin the face down card through the middle of the deck then show itís changed. Some people think the first card somehow knocks out the selected card and you get kudos for being a card ninja Ł. Very easy but very strong.

Agree on that one. It fries layman.
Another similar one to the reveal above is to do a double to show an indifferent card then turn the double down and lay the now selection face down on the table. Spread the rest of the deck across the table and take the face down card and run it along the back of the spread. Ask your helper to say stop and tell them wherever they say stop it will be their card. When they say stop flip the card you are holding face up. I think because of The time delay and the garden path, so to speak, this also gets a really good reaction.
This is Your Card by George Coon.
10-11-12, Giobbi