(Close Window)
Topic: Kraken Card Wallet (with SUC) by Kieron Kirkland and Daniel Young
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8_lFNQ5BzU&ebc=ANyPxKqXhG0jN6Abp4Kd41twUg9LxQzzhiKlXcTVua7TqUZkC1FKiqG60tO_F4pnkiVrXw0poRhi0BtwWsy_PD-KeBgDQtj6YQ

With the full permission of Mark Strivings, Kieron Kirkland and Daniel Young have adapted the SUC case to offer everything a mentalist needs at their finger tips in one pocket sized, slim wallet.

The Kraken Case features an incredible range of features:

SUC function

Impression Device

Billet Index

Out to lunch

And it's slim enough to fit in your front pocket!

The Kraken Case measures 108mm by 80mm (closed). It comes with the wallet, an impression device (that can be removed and used elsewhere), and gimmicked marker. Plus 7 amazing routines from the fertile and creative minds of Kieron Kirkland and Daniel Young!

These are very labour intensive to produce, so we (Alakazam) only have a limited amount in stock.
How much si it then?
And it isnot on there website so what is going on then
It is on their website
Yeah I know I found it now thanks mate
Https://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-The-Kraken-Case-.html
Yeah I know thanks I said I found it mate,I bought it any way
I actually thought I was going to see a review of this for a moment as I have had my eye on this oh well never mind hopefully someone will put a review up soon :)
Does not state if it can hold bills. I assume it does. It also does not state if the SUC function is accessible from the bill fold section of the wallet (assuming it contains one) or from one of the credit card slots.

It is also not clear at all if the imp. device is accessible only after the wallet is opened again and/or something else is removed from the wallet. SO far the best imp. wallet to date is the parapad wallet IMO.

Michael
Hello everyone!

The Kraken Case is a business card case, and as such is not designed to fit bills.

And the imp is only accessible if you open the wallet again.

Any other questions and I'm happy to answer them!

//Dan
Dan,

Thank you for your very helpful response.
Best wishes,
Michael
[quote]On Apr 3, 2017, dyoung wrote:
Hello everyone!

The Kraken Case is a business card case, and as such is not designed to fit bills.

//Dan [/quote]

Would this business card type wallet be able to hold a packet trick ?

I would presume that a mercury folded card could be loaded in to it and also presume you could carry a bill inside the wallet if the bill was folded but can you confirm these points ?

Thanks
That is a good question, being U.K. plastic notes are not easy to fold.
[quote]On Apr 3, 2017, warren wrote:
[quote]On Apr 3, 2017, dyoung wrote:
Hello everyone!

//Dan [/quote]

Would this business card type wallet be able to hold a packet trick ?

I would presume that a mercury folded card could be loaded in to it and also presume you could carry a bill inside the wallet if the bill was folded but can you confirm these points ?

Thanks [/quote]

Yes to all three. Its more of a tricked out business card wallet. It's very well designed. Same quality as a Stealth Assassin.
If Kieron is reading this, can he please PM me...

i don't know if he remembers a conversation we had in a pub a few years back, and something I showed him that I had made...
I hadn't tried the impression until yesterday and it appears that the leather is too thick on mine. The pen and imp material work fine, just not through the thickness of the leather. Anyone else having this issue?
Got it today and definatly don't like it,wish I had not have buyed it
[quote]On Apr 6, 2017, Karl M wrote:
Got it today and definatly don't like it,wish I had not have buyed it [/quote]
Hi Karl, can you be more specific please? I would love to have a SUC alternative and I was looking at this one in particular.
Thanks
[quote]On Apr 6, 2017, Karl M wrote:
Got it today and definatly don't like it,wish I had not have buyed it [/quote]

Could you be more specific. What you don't like about it?
This looks pretty neat. But I already have so many wallets I never use...
So many wallets. Not enough gigs. Hey Karl, why do you wish you hadn't buyed it?
Alazazam has released the Kraken!!
Thanks everyone for your interest in the case. I'm sorry if the impression device isn't working that well for you Yuan - I've pm'ed you. Also Karl I've pm'ed you to check in. A quick note on the impression part of the case - we've been using it for simple images, initials, two digit numbers or a choice from a list. It works well for that. I wouldn't recommend it for words or complex images. The impression you get is a mirror image, that's why it's ok for pictures, but doesn't work as well for words or complex shapes.

Also quality wise the cases themselves were made by Tony Curtis so are top notch!
A further quick thing is that the design of the Kraken is geared towards it being a very compact, pocket sized case. That naturally limits the available size for the imp. The actual window to view the imp is 80mm x 45mm. In the set up for routines I'll always guide the spectator to draw something simple, which works out well as between the size of the business card and the thickness of the marker they don't have the space to draw anything too complex! We talk through this and the use of the other features on the videos that come with the case.
I have one on order, but was wondering how it compares with the Informant.

Currently I use the Informant as my everyday carry wallet/notepad.(I carry a SUC when I work.)
It looks like they are essentially the same in function except with the Informant allowing for a peek of the imp without opening the wallet, and BC peek method, the Informant using the Jax peek like Outlaw used in their first runs and the Kraken using the SUC method. Both have the OTL build in, I know the Kraken says it has an index, but anything can hold an index and the Informant has 2 extra CC pockets and full card sized storage behind each window.

Also, how do the imps compare, and does the Kraken come with a pen?

Tony
Hello Tony,

First off, yes it does come with a pen.

I think the main difference is an aestethic one. The Informant is more "casual" looking and thicker, whereas the Kraken has more of a sleek business card wallet design. For me, if I would be doing a gig, I wouldn't bring my wallet out, with credit cards and cash and all that, but I would take out a business card case. So personally I use our Espionage wallet in casual situations, and the Kraken in gigs. Well actually I would use The Kraken in both professional and casual environments.

As for the index, it is a series of slits on one side in the wallet. That you can place folded bits of paper in. Sure in theory you could just use pockets as a natural index, but this is just a bit more convenient.

Hope that helps!

All the best,
Dan
Thank you, Dan.
Looking the part of a professional is half of the work in turning your passion for magic, mentalism, hypnosis, ANYTHING into profit.

When I'm handed a 32pt business card that came from a stylish business card case by someone, I know they get it and place a lot of thought into their business. Likewise, if a prospect takes my card and just pocket it vs put it into a business card case with their cards, it says volumes.

Why do I say all this?

The reason is pretty simple; the Kraken Case is more than just another toy that you throw into the drawer and forget about. It is the way you frame what you do, how much you care for a potential clients business and how much you value your own based on how you treat the tools of your trade.

I'm not saying that people will react to your wallet, but deep down when you pull your business card out of a business card case instead of all smashed up with your credit card numbers subtlety imprinted into like it was shoved down the Death Star's trash compactor, they will understand you are a pro.

You get the smug feeling of knowing that and it has all of the tool that a working mentalist needs to put on a perfect impromptu performance (impromptu is in readiness, not gaff-less).

Rather than rant on, take a look at why the fine craftsmanship of the Kraken Case has made real difference in my networking. Unleash the Kraken!

http://bit.ly/2qcLCZI

XX,
-Jacob

P.S. I've even mentioned in the video how I am using this lovely device in my work to create raving fans on the fly.
Much line a P.I.N., a S.U.C. is a S.U.C.!

ok, my mini reviewette...

lets credit first, ParaLabs were the first to market with an imp wallet/case as far as I'm aware...

this uses the same material, in almost the same way, but not as well...(as stated, words and numbers will be reversed)

like the stealth assassin, I always felt the leather strips were weak for an OTL and will eventually get baggy and stretched or maybe even ripped...even business cards folded always felt too thick to be inserted in the SA and this KC...so for me, paper b*ll*ts, from a notepad work best...but even then, I feel the orientation of the slits are the wrong way for optimal use...

the SUC function works well...I would not say 90-95% visible, but 65-75% for safety's sake

the marker is big in comparison to the case, which not a negative, just a proportional thing I mention as Jacob mentions it in his video...there is no marker loop in the case...

I think this is average, well made as in good quality leather and construction/build...but it is somewhat badly put together gimmick wise, apart from the SUC function...6/10
[quote]On Apr 6, 2017, IAIN wrote:
If Kieron is reading this, can he please PM me...

i don't know if he remembers a conversation we had in a pub a few years back, and something I showed him that I had made... [/quote]
What was your beef,you said that then gave it some bad review
None of your business
It is I think because you posted about it on public forum mate,oh well,never mind mate its your secret then
Your character's tone is slipping..
I donnt know why your always tickeling my trout mate but its funny,ha ha,anyvway now I would give the Kraken case a 9 out of 10 because I come up with some routine for it and keiren gave me a tip about the imp bit what makes it work better than when I furst got it so that's a score from trying it out on peeps,ask him if you don't beleive me