(Close Window)
Topic: Ahead of the pack
I bought this book despite the fact that I donīt particularly like cards, and the book is largely about cards. It has however also other effects, for example "Square Bashing", which was the first effect I read about in the book. I can now use for example someones age and immediately make a magic square based on that. Surprisingly easy. I havenīt finished the book yet, but I think I can say that it seems to be unusually easy to understand and follow the instructions.

Recommended

Mikael
Agreed, Mikael, and the card effects are pretty easily learned as well. If you're a major finger flicker, you may say that the effort from Jones and Avis is too simple. For me, however, it's a good book...an easy read and a source of plenty of good material.
I agree, this is a great book. There are some super tips and techniques, as well as full blown effects. The author's have a great way of looking at the subject matter, with a very sneaky approach. I also agree that it may not be for the expert card man from a technical point of view, but the quality of the material is stil grade A.

Regards
Dave
Very underated book some qualtity material from one of the best
An excellent handling of OOTW in there - one of the subtlest methods I've seen for handling the packet switch.
The method for OOTW seems the very same as 'Galaxy' [AOA 3] to me!
Blimey! I've just gone through both and your right! I've got too many books. I thought that final spread handling was only in Ahead of the pack. Man that's made me look at Galaxy again - a great handling.
Hi folks,

I would appreciate if you guys can please kindly express your honest opinions about this book???

I decided to get this book but I almost get 50% positive and 50% negative about this book.

I am still in doubt whether I should or should not purchasing this book??? :(

Thanks!

Best Wishes,
Andrew Loh
I would say No!.I don't want to put any of the material down but for me the best
thing in this book did not use cards.It is a mindreading anagram type thing.