(Close Window)
Topic: Moolah Coins by Alex Lourido
Http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/moolah-coins-by-alex-lourido-trick-p-21103.html#.WQ82YYh96Uk

From the creator of over 20 popular effects (CAPtivated, Glass Mirage, Butter Coin, Silver Impression) Alex Lourido brings to market his greatest contribution yet! Moolah Coins took 5 years to develop and manufacture and nothing like it exists on the market today. Each mechanical set is beautifully machined by Roy Kueppers and painstakingly assembled by Alex Lourido himself. Moolah Coins works on a new principle that combines two technologies that allow a magician to vanish or produce anywhere from a few coins, to an entire handful of assorted change! And amazingly this visual illusion can be performed with NO sleeves or Topit! Also, these sets are modular so you can add as many coins as you wish, and the coins flow and clink together naturally!

WHAT YOU GET!

Moolah Coins is the easiest method to produce or vanish gobs of coins in a strikingly visual manner! Every set comes with a free add-on accessory and a stainless steel carrying case! The included DVD is professionally mastered and produced, and teaches 10 beautiful routines and 2 bonus tricks that are favorites of Alex. So if you love visual coin magic, and you have always wanted to cleanly perform with handfuls of change, then look no further than Moolah Coins!

Anyone heard of this before ? Thought it looked visual and surprisingly there's no thread for this though it came out some time ago .
I am interested in this too. Anyone have it?
WOW! This does look very good! Anyone have it yet?

sleepy
Nice! Looks amazing
Has anyone got this?
Looks good, but you'll need a jacket and I don't have copper coins in my country unfortunately

And I don't think you can switch the coins out
[quote]On May 29, 2017, Fatgumbo wrote:
Looks good, but you'll need a jacket and I don't have copper coins in my country unfortunately

And I don't think you can switch the coins out [/quote]

The claim is no long sleeves or topit required.
The trailer shows different coin setups. I don't see why you would need copper coins for the effect. Just use whatever coin/currency you have.
You don't need a jacket. Obviously you have to get rid of something, but Lourido goes over many ways to do this, depending on your preference, what you're wearing, other utility items you may wish to employ, etc. Really, this is a steal for what it is. Very well made, does what it is supposed to, and it's just a terrific effect. The instruction is clear and thorough - you can tell that Lourido has been using and thinking about this for quite awhile. Lots of great ideas for all kinds of situations.

In its current form, it's limited to the same U.S. coins you see in the trailer. There's a teaser in the video, though, saying that international versions are forthcoming.

One of the shots in the trailer uses more than one gaff, meaning that you'd have to purchase two to recreate that particular sequence. But there's plenty you can do with the basic gaff and a bonus "extra" that comes with it.

The gaff (or "gaffs," with the bonus item) comes with a small, sturdy tin that you can use to carry everything in your pocket to keep things safe. The tin can also be used as a utility item for appearances and vanishes.

For me, anyway, this exceeded expectations, and I'm excited about practicing and using it.
[quote]On Jun 22, 2018, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
You don't need a jacket. Obviously you have to get rid of something, but Lourido goes over many ways to do this, depending on your preference, what you're wearing, other utility items you may wish to employ, etc. Really, this is a steal for what it is. Very well made, does what it is supposed to, and it's just a terrific effect. The instruction is clear and thorough - you can tell that Lourido has been using and thinking about this for quite awhile. Lots of great ideas for all kinds of situations.

In its current form, it's limited to the same U.S. coins you see in the trailer. There's a teaser in the video, though, saying that international versions are forthcoming.

One of the shots in the trailer uses more than one gaff, meaning that you'd have to purchase two to recreate that particular sequence. But there's plenty you can do with the basic gaff and a bonus "extra" that comes with it.

The gaff (or "gaffs," with the bonus item) comes with a small, sturdy tin that you can use to carry everything in your pocket to keep things safe. The tin can also be used as a utility item for appearances and vanishes.

For me, anyway, this exceeded expectations, and I'm excited about practicing and using it. [/quote]

thanks for the review, I'm gonna have to add this to the list :)