(Close Window)
Topic: Bravo Colin!
Colin Cloud (McLeod) absolutely kills it on AGT (to air next week).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB5MnB9nTPY
Thank you for the link. That was fantastic!
Bravo Colin!
Bravo Colin, but also BRAVO to you Eric!
Well done, fantastic. Now that was fast paced, engaging and entertaining mentalism.
Congratulations, Colin!
Fantastic performance, Colin! Very entertaining, fast-paced, and I loved how you engaged the entire audience as well as the judges throughout the routine. A shining example of great entertainment.
Great performance congrats Colin..
[quote]On Jun 3, 2017, takeachance wrote:
Well done, fantastic. Now that was fast paced, engaging and entertaining mentalism. [/quote]

You said it! What a pro...the 10,000+ hours really showed and this was a killer first round. I see Colin going very far this season, super impressed.
My wife and I loved this performance as well as your recent appearance here in our area in 'The Illusionists'. I thought your reveal in that show was spectacular. The one on AGT was Brilliant! One comment though. My wife, who is enamored of such things, thinks it would have been even better if Oscar had been a Bobcat. Just saying..
Like Holmes, Colin is generally three steps or more ahead in his thinking. He likely has mapped out his endgame and exactly how he is going to get there.

Establish premise
Display premise
Take it to the next level
90 seconds 💥👊
I saw this the other evening, and I thought it was brilliantly well done. Nice to watch it through a link so I don't have to watch the whole show.
Masterful
Well done on all fronts !

Really like the fact that he came out with a psychological premise (Sherlock) but interspersed his performance with reveals that couldn't be accomplished through deduction. This goes out to all the naysayers that believe the psychological approach limits your options for material.
Very entertaining. Well done Colin.

Ray
Very very good
WEEEE HAAAAAA That's how it's done!!!!!!!
[quote]On Jun 3, 2017, eSamuels wrote:
Colin Cloud (McLeod) absolutely kills it on AGT (to air next week).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB5MnB9nTPY [/quote]
What is the date of the airing .. my wife would love this ..
It took me far too long to realize he McLeod and Cloud are the same person, he really switched up his image and his act was super sharp
Very well done, as usual.
[quote]On Jun 5, 2017, magic maniac wrote:
Well done on all fronts !

Really like the fact that he came out with a psychological premise (Sherlock) but interspersed his performance with reveals that couldn't be accomplished through deduction. This goes out to all the naysayers that believe the psychological approach limits your options for material. [/quote]
Absolutely agree! If you stick to the main theme of your presentation and are consistent with your stage persona, you can do almost any classical mental effect. Only some adaptation is needed.
Really like the fact that he came out with a psychological premise (Sherlock) but interspersed his performance with reveals that couldn't be accomplished through deduction. This goes out to all the naysayers that believe the psychological approach limits your options for material. [/quote]
Or it means that he demonstrates a grab-bag of wildly inconsistent powers.

I'm not a fan of the white cat named Oscar kicker ending, which plainly shows that certain elements were predetermined. It prompts backtracking which is way too easy in such a short act. Yes, Derren Brown has used this sort of kicker at the end of his full-evening shows, but due to the far greater length of his show, important details have the time to become fuzzy and misremembered. That's not the case with a 5-minute AGT act.
[quote]On Jun 9, 2017, Tim Cavendish wrote:
Or it means that he demonstrates a grab-bag of wildly inconsistent powers.

I'm not a fan of the white cat named Oscar kicker ending, which plainly shows that certain elements were predetermined. It prompts backtracking which is way too easy in such a short act. Yes, Derren Brown has used this sort of kicker at the end of his full-evening shows, but due to the far greater length of his show, important details have the time to become fuzzy and misremembered. That's not the case with a 5-minute AGT act. [/quote]
Tim, in general, I agree with you, but not in this particular case. Colin has demonstrated four effects. He guessed occupations of two people, guessed in wich hands the coin was (with four jury members), revealed what one woman was thinking about and then there was a prediction. He only prediced the ending of one effect and this may be considered as his understandig of how people think.
[quote]On Jun 9, 2017, Panov wrote:
Tim, in general, I agree with you, but not in this particular case. Colin has demonstrated four effects. He guessed occupations of two people, guessed in wich hands the coin was (with four jury members), revealed what one woman was thinking about and then there was a prediction. He only predicted the ending of one effect and this may be considered as his understanding of how people think. [/quote]

You just need to take a quick look at the comment section and you'll find Tim is right.
[quote]On Jun 10, 2017, Max Wells wrote:
[quote]On Jun 9, 2017, Panov wrote:
Tim, in general, I agree with you, but not in this particular case. Colin has demonstrated four effects. He guessed occupations of two people, guessed in wich hands the coin was (with four jury members), revealed what one woman was thinking about and then there was a prediction. He only predicted the ending of one effect and this may be considered as his understanding of how people think. [/quote]

You just need to take a quick look at the comment section and you'll find Tim is right. [/quote]
There are very few comments to draw certain conclusions, and most of them concern the method by which he did it. But I understand Tim's point of view and as I said partly agree with him.
I think in the context of this being an audition the kitty was perfect. At this point the job is not to confound the YouTube kiddies who have speculated both wildly and correctly on pretty much every single audition or televised piece of magic. Colin's objective was to impress those 4 judges long enough for them to say "It's a yes from me". The other objective to fit in with the needs of the production company is to make 2-3 minutes of good tv.

Colin achieved those aims. He has performed that routine or variants of it several times on UK tv without the kicker kitty ending but in that context in that moment the kitty did the job as evidenced by both the audience and judges reactions. Also the number of my layman friends who have shared this on FB indicates that the general viewing public loved it.

Mark
I'm glad the comment section was brought up. I'm a huge Colin fan but the sheer number of people correctly guessing the method(s) is quite sobering. This is on FB, YouTube, and regarding both the which hand and the kicker elements. And these are clearly not magicians or mentalists.
The time compression is certainly a factor. It's like the opposite of time misdirection.
The cold, hard fact when it comes to performing any kind of magic or mentalism on TV is the certainty that your methods will be exposed, either in the comments section of social media, or on one of the internet sites specifically dedicated to exposing secrets. There is no longer any way to avoid it -- it's now part of life. I think mentalists are even more of a target for those wanting to expose because whether you are claiming to read minds, or body language - those doing the exposing seem to take even more delight in proving that you are really only doing "tricks".
That said - I loved Colin's performance!! Not a single wasted moment!
[quote]On Jun 12, 2017, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
I think in the context of this being an audition the kitty was perfect. At this point the job is not to confound the YouTube kiddies who have speculated both wildly and correctly on pretty much every single audition or televised piece of magic. Colin's objective was to impress those 4 judges long enough for them to say "It's a yes from me". The other objective to fit in with the needs of the production company is to make 2-3 minutes of good tv.

Colin achieved those aims. He has performed that routine or variants of it several times on UK tv without the kicker kitty ending but in that context in that moment the kitty did the job as evidenced by both the audience and judges reactions. Also the number of my layman friends who have shared this on FB indicates that the general viewing public loved it.

Mark [/quote]

Mark, are you saying Colin's only objective was to entertain the crowd and judges with his performance and not adhere to some ideal of what mentalist should be ? That's crazy talk !!! You need to be careful or the mentalism police will have you locked away for good.
[quote]On Jun 13, 2017, Mr. Mindbender wrote:
The cold, hard fact when it comes to performing any kind of magic or mentalism on TV is the certainty that your methods will be exposed, either in the comments section of social media, or on one of the internet sites specifically dedicated to exposing secrets. There is no longer any way to avoid it -- it's now part of life. I think mentalists are even more of a target for those wanting to expose because whether you are claiming to read minds, or body language - those doing the exposing seem to take even more delight in proving that you are really only doing "tricks". [/quote]

This is so true!! It feels like a nail in the coffin when you see methods exposed, for no other gain than views. The sad thing is
most are merely curious an not students of our craft or care for it. The only way things can be protected is with the assistance
of the production team and good editing. Enter Peter Turner....he would fry them into believers....
[quote]On Jun 16, 2017, Michael Clifton wrote:
[quote]On Jun 13, 2017, Mr. Mindbender wrote:
The cold, hard fact when it comes to performing any kind of magic or mentalism on TV is the certainty that your methods will be exposed, either in the comments section of social media, or on one of the internet sites specifically dedicated to exposing secrets. There is no longer any way to avoid it -- it's now part of life. I think mentalists are even more of a target for those wanting to expose because whether you are claiming to read minds, or body language - those doing the exposing seem to take even more delight in proving that you are really only doing "tricks". [/quote]

This is so true!! It feels like a nail in the coffin when you see methods exposed, for no other gain than views. The sad thing is
most are merely curious an not students of our craft or care for it. The only way things can be protected is with the assistance
of the production team and good editing. Enter Peter Turner....he would fry them into believers.... [/quote]
Unfortunately about the video editing and the use of stooges they speak on the Internet even more than about the methods that we use. Pre-show work, dual reality all can be exposed on Internet. But there is good news. I noticed that we often exaggerate the power of the Internet. People are looking for information in which they are already interested, so most of the people we perform for, have no idea how it's done. In addition, many people are fairly stable in their belief systems, so even a lot of exposures do not change their beliefs.
Colin is brilliant! Not often do we see fast paced mentalism that actually works and is entertaining. Colin nailed it!
Wow. Hats off to you, Colin
I cant wait to see him next time
Wow I just saw this am a huge fan of Colin and cant wait to see him next time
High quality act, thoroughly enjoyed it!
Congrats on getting a weblink included.
Well done.
Extremely entertaining, awesome job.
Very entertaining, although I do agree with Tim re the ending...
To illustrate Colin's incredible grasp of showmanship, in the Illusionists show his finale caused 2000 people in the audience to issue a collective gasp. If you have ever done or experienced that, know hard it is to accomplish.
The link is no longer working.
Message: Posted by: Gandalf the Wizard (Jul 14, 2017 11:22AM)
When is Colin appearing again? I really enjoyed it!
[youtube]CsxCeyyxKmw[/youtube]

fantastic job :)
Agt have the second performance up on YouTube now!

Link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gdOeJai_xEc
Colin´s work is fantastic. A clear premise, commanding, charismatic and surprising.

I am glad that Mentalism is being shown to the audience at this level.
[quote]On Jul 26, 2017, Rob_magician wrote:
Agt have the second performance up on YouTube now!

Link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gdOeJai_xEc [/quote]

Thanks for the update!
[youtube]gdOeJai_xEc[/youtube]
[quote]On Jul 26, 2017, Lseeyou wrote:
[youtube]gdOeJai_xEc[/youtube] [/quote]

Never knew how to do that...,
[quote]On Jul 27, 2017, Rob_magician wrote:
[quote]On Jul 26, 2017, Lseeyou wrote:
[youtube]gdOeJai_xEc[/youtube] [/quote]

Never knew how to do that..., [/quote]

Right mouse button, copy the link, put it on here... :bg:
No, you have to use:

(youtube)youtube link (/youtube)

but use brackets instead of parentheses...
[quote]On Jul 27, 2017, Last Laugh wrote:
No, you have to use:

(youtube)youtube link (/youtube)

but use brackets instead of parentheses... [/quote]

It's actually just the video ID and not the whole link.
Ah yes, right you are. Thanks!
Both performances were fantastic, but the second one was my favorite. His script to achieve what he achieves was really nice. No guilty, just direct boldness. Pure focus on presentation... Nice work Colin!
I enjoyed that show. Colin is a breath of fresh air. The guy has everything.

Will.
Just watched the second video. Wow. What an amazing entertainer.
As someone who is realitivly new to mentalism I loved being fooled by the goddess part
Colin moved on to semi-finals by the DD audience "save" on 8/30/17!
Simon Cowell and judging was a little critical, a little too procedural and less "showmanship" than previous performances, so thankfully the home audience responded well with the save.
Colin's always been ace. His books are a must read too.
Now that's how you use a TV competition show to your advantage!
Brilliant use of the medium/conditions!

e
I think that's his best yet, as it should be.
Well, AGT is over for me for the season. Just singers and dancers left, so I have no interest in watching next week.
[quote]On Sep 12, 2017, Last Laugh wrote:
I think that's his best yet, as it should be. [/quote]

Agreed....best yet, with all the showmanship and grand involvement as Simon Cowell had advised.
Too bad he did not get out through, but it is clear this year that the more tragic, heart-saddened and sucrose-ridden is your "back-story" as scripted by the producers,....well, the greater chance you will be going to the "finals"...!