(Close Window)
Topic: Anagram creation software (that trains you, too!)
Hi Everybody,

I've seen some folks on the Café asking about anagram creation software, so I thought I'd mention this here. Today I released an iPhone/iPad app that creates branching anagrams and helps you practice them as well. So after it creates the anagram for you from your word list, the app serves as an imaginary spectator who's thinking of a word and will answer yes/no about a given letter. This way you can practice remembering and applying your anagram without first failing on a few spectators. :-)

I hope anyone interested in mentalism finds the app helpful. Note that I have priced it to keep it away from the merely curious.

http://appsto.re/us/rKeNkb.i

Thanks,

Richard
I feel that nobody is merely curious about anagrams ...
At that price let me know how it goes
[quote]On Jun 26, 2017, Aaron Smith wrote:
I feel that nobody is merely curious about anagrams ... [/quote]

I think at that price - it's not to keep the merely curious away - but those who actually want it
Lol. Hilarious.
You can charge what you want but whatever made you think it's worth £85? That's a big chunk of cash. And why would the merely curious need to buy it when the description says exactly what it does in detail.
Sounds like a really smart idea but it's priced higher than both iUnlockYourMind and WikiTest; two pretty popular and well reviewed apps.
I'm more than merely curious but I guess not enough at that price.
Yeah I agree with everyone else, when I read "to keep the merely curious away" I expected something like $20. I've never met anyone who would pay $20 for an app, outside the magic community. 84 pounds is kind of.. well.. WAY TO MUCH.

You can charge what you like, but I suspect considering everyone else so far is agreement, you might want to re-think your pricing.
Priced not to sell !
As others have said, I think this sounds cool but it is too expensive I my opinion. I understand why say inject or IUYM are expensive as the creator is pricing in the inevitable need to update every time the OS updates or visually something changes, but this feels expensive for what it is given that other tools have been created in the past using excel and therefore updating is likely to be relatively low maintenance
It's a shame really. This seems like a great tool, at say 15-20 dollars, but not for the price he is asking.
I think the two other main creation softwares are FREE

So it's only the practicing part of the app that you are paying for

When the excellent ultimate stack trainer is something like $2.99 to $3.99

This seems stupidly high priced

No branching but I've created an anagram for the creator

"viced roper"
Hehehe

"viper coder"
I got the chance to see the product and the workings, so let me say my thoughts on this one.

As an anagram lover, I love this type of stuff and was an use of a previous software that allows you to create Anagrams.

I like the fact that now, I can have a powerful tool that allow me to create anagrams on the spot, I mean, it's on my phone.

I can travel and create anagrams on the road, and I usually do this.

The tool allow you to create anagrams, email them, print them, and copy.

The trainer part is very interesting and allows you to practice without a participant, I love this section.

Overall, it works and it's a very useful tool, I will use it (as I am now using) and I highly recommend this APP.

Good job !
Yeah

Doesn't sound like you paid for it though

It's nice the product is good, in your review

But it's the is it worth the money, that should be the crux of any review... and you haven't mentioned whether that is the case
To build your own anagram you won't need much time. Peter Turner talks about this in a lecture and spending $80 for something you can do by yourself quiet quick is total overpriced. Even inject with all its functions and effects doesn't cost that much...sorry, but in my eyes a rip off...
I believe the creator will change the price after all our opinions.

IMHO, the price should be lower, not a surprise.

And will be I believe :)
Atlas Brookings teaches a very practical way to create anagrams. It's a great system which actually isn't that difficult to do. I agree with the others: this app is too expensive.

Mainly because this App isn't a necessity. It's a luxury.
Fully agree with all that has been said - a great idea for an app and potentially useful but just far too expensive.

Also, I believe much value can also be had forming your own anagrams but not necessarily restricting them to just letters. Doing this can be a good way to get the creative juices flowing.

Neil
Is there a lexicon component to the app or does it work with just what you put in, i.e. Can I just use German words?
Again it feels ppl are missing the point a bit

I don't think it's the creation part that is this apps USP

as Atlas and others have free apps for that

This app is all about the being able to 'test' yourself

I guess this part [too] will soon become a free app somewhere

I think if this is $2.99 - then that will deter other free versions from being made

Otherwise this is DOA [no that's not an anagram]
The price has gone down. It is still expensive, I do agree to that. Still, I find the training portion very useful, especially for an occasional anagrammer such as me.
£50

Needs to be less than a tenth of that price
I could pay $20 max for this
I’d pay $30
Right now at $49.95. Half that would be fair.
What would be most helpful would be a way to put in anagrams by hand to train (and save them) rather than having to use the algorithm to create one.
[quote]On Jul 7, 2017, m.o.pfeil wrote:
What would be most helpful would be a way to put in anagrams by hand to train (and save them) rather than having to use the algorithm to create one. [/quote]

Oh, this is not a feature? Absolutely should be. A place to program and practice anagrams I already use would be very helpful, in addition to creating new ones.
Actually, the practice mode works based on the letters that are in the words, no matter what the anagram is. For instance, let's say you enter the star signs as your list of words. You can then practice using whichever letter order / anagram you prefer. So you would just enter the star signs, hit generate, then ignore the anagram that the app recommends (assuming you like another better) and start guessing letters based on your preferred anagram. Make sense? You could paste in Doug Dyment's excellent anagram, for example, and practice with that.

The next version will include the ability to save/load previous anagrams as well (instead of just copying them, emailing them, etc.).

Thank you,

Richard
Very interested but unfortunately it prices me out as I don't use anagrams professionally. I really want WikiTest 2.0 but even that is incredibly expensive for my typical R&D budget right now and it's first in line.

With that said, I'm not advocating dropping the price as I believe creators should charge what they want to retain secrecy.
Perfect update Richard, thank you!