(Close Window)
Topic: Matt Pulsar's "Nebula"
Just a heads up that this is now on penguin. http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8517

If you're looking for a workers method designed for horizontal info on a business card sized paper this is a great deal.

If you have it already, please leave a review on Penguin.

Blessings, SP
Hello SP,

How many gram of paper thickness does this technique need?

Can I used it with normal A4 paper(around 80 grams)?

Best
Yes, any paper that you can tear when folded twice works. It was developed using business card stock but I've used it with post it notes, with scrap paper, and pretty much anything lying around.
Is there a reason why we need another CT? What makes this one special?

I may end up buying it anyway, but I have to ask.
This tear is less paper quality dependent. As SP claim above "pretty much anything lying around".
I am practicing with cheap card stock and it works great. Still have to test it with scrap paper and post it notes.

UBT,TDBT can not do that. I don't have PCT though but I "assume" PCT need specific paper according to Richard Osterlind.

Another CT I knew that can claim "pretty much anything lying around" is Matt Mello's CT but Nebula is more invisible(trade off with more practice).

In teaching video SP also give a presentation idea, psychology and resource that useful for beginner like me.

Hope this helps.

Best
[quote]On Jun 27, 2017, Max Wells wrote:
Is there a reason why we need another CT? What makes this one special?

I may end up buying it anyway, but I have to ask. [/quote]

No, there's no reason.

This was developed because Matt 😉 Wanted a method that would work with horizontal info on a business card without anything weird looking. He used Osterlind's PCT for a long time and then switched to Dr. Bill. Both those are great but need the paper in a slightly different configuration than he wanted. I released terrified a few years ago and in it is my Palm T, Nebula is the result of Matt using the Palm T for a number of years and coming up with a better handling. This is the CT I use all the time now.

It's just another method or another tool for the tool box. If you have a CT that works for you that's great. I don't think I'll be needing to learn another. With this, Kodama, and Acidous I'm ready for just about anything.
Ning Cai just reviewed nebula on her blog:

http://ningthing.com/review-nebula-matt-pulsar/
Hello,
I use Osterlind’s method. what advantages does this method have? just designed for horizontal info? anything else?
can it be used for landscape format too?
[quote]On Jul 6, 2017, toniyammine wrote:
Hello,
I use Osterlind’s method. what advantages does this method have? just designed for horizontal info? anything else?
can it be used for landscape format too? [/quote]

Horizontal and landscape are the same things. You can get a very large section of the paper using Nebula. I think it's easier than Osterlind's method. It can be used with pretty much any paper and is adaptable to lots of paper sizes. Also there are some moves in other cts such as nesting the paper inside another folded sheet that I think telegraph something suspicious. This was designed to take out suspicious moves.

There is also a lot of good info on performing a ct on the video, and Matt just started a Facebook group for those who have purchased Nebula to discus performing the CT. Ning's review covers most of what you need to know. But also, it's very reasonably priced compared to many out there.

If you purchased this, check on the question and answer section on penguin under your mypenguinmagic page and you will find instructions for joining the Facebook group. It's called "Pulsar's Nebula"
Can it be done quickly like T-Rex? It would be nice to see how this looks from the spectators view, though I guess it's not very expensive...
It can be done as quickly as you can tear up a piece of paper. I think most good ct's can be. I don't perform it that way though.
For those of you who have purchased "Nebula" Please leave a review on penguin: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8517
Having a lot of success with this method where I've struggled with others. No problem with the orientation of the the info while still tearing in a smooth motion. Also get a large centre area. Very similar to Osterlind's and he does credit that, but I like this better. Just a couple of slight changes has made all the difference for me at least. If you don't have a favourite CT, this is well worth checking out
Glad to hear it "takeachance".
Reviews so far on Penguin, if you purchased Nebula, leave yours...

"Nebula is among the best CTs I ever learned.
Easy to perform - the card is used in landscape format and provides more space for the word...
Just great!" -Rudolf Künzli from Dijon, France

"I've bought a few methods for CT's but never used any of them. With a more recent purchase of jhana which gives a great routine and justification to use a CT I thought I'd see if this offered something more than some of the others because I really wanted to do the routine in that download, and it had to be a CT not a peek from a wallet or business card. I'm so glad I invested in this. This is to the point and looks so natural. First time I tried it, worked like a charm. Well worth the pennies asked for it." -Anonymous from Austrailia

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8517