(Close Window)
Topic: Screwed Card by Adrian Vega
Http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8654

Isn't it Rejoined by Joo Miranda Magic and Julio Montoro??
Didn't axel hecklau have something similar to this?
TWO: Fusion by Axel Hecklau is what I immediately thought of. The handling of this seems slightly different.
The outcome of the effect looks interesting. However the process/handling of getting the cards signed looks too unnatural.
It would be nice to see an uncut performance to gain a better understanding of how the handling flows. I agree that seeing how the spectators sign the card on the trailer (only half exposed) doesn't look very deceptive (at least to us magicians) but the final outcome of the restored card looks terrific.
[quote]On Jul 10, 2017, Magicalos wrote:
Didn't axel hecklau have something similar to this? [/quote]
Something simular ??? This is a pure rip off!
Except, Axel Hecklau does it good and is a magician.

http://www.axelhecklau-shop.com/lng/en/magic-routines-tricks/onetwist-/-twofusion-set-performance-rights-dvd-explanation-tools.html
[quote]On Jul 10, 2017, Jared wrote:
It would be nice to see an uncut performance to gain a better understanding of how the handling flows. I agree that seeing how the spectators sign the card on the trailer (only half exposed) doesn't look very deceptive (at least to us magicians) but the final outcome of the restored card looks terrific. [/quote]

Second video is an uncut performance.
[quote]On Jul 10, 2017, scott0819 wrote:
It would be nice to see an uncut performance to gain a better understanding of how the handling flows. I agree that seeing how the spectators sign the card on the trailer (only half exposed) doesn't look very deceptive (at least to us magicians) but the final outcome of the restored card looks terrific. [/quote]

Second video is an uncut performance. [/quote]

That was most definitely NOT an uncut performance!!!
As it has Maiden backs, I assume it'll need refills... or can it be done by splitting cards ?
[quote]On Jul 10, 2017, Lou Cirulli wrote:
[quote]On Jul 10, 2017, scott0819 wrote:

Second video is an uncut performance. [/quote]

That was most definitely NOT an uncut performance!!! [/quote]

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8654
Video #2 is a two camera edit of the whole signing process and restoration with very minimal cutting away. I'd say it's pretty fair. Are you really going to quibble it's not a static shot of the whole trick?
I will certainly quibble, but only because Penguin stated in the title of the email I received that it was an uncut performance. I'm not thinking about the signing, which we already knew what was going on. I was disappointed in the camera moving from in front of the performer to the side just as the restore was happening. Then it jumped again.

I am fine with companies trying to protect themselves from reverse engineering. Just don't tout the performance as uncut.
Fine. If you want to see the restoration UNCUT, watch the Axel Hecklau link posted above. That portion of the routine looks very similar to Axel's IMHO.
I own twist by Axel, and the handling is really clever, and a lot cleaner than this version.
[quote]On Jul 11, 2017, Fatgumbo wrote:
I own twist by Axel, and the handling is really clever, and a lot cleaner than this version. [/quote]
Indeed. This is not one but 20 steps backwards.
I don't like how you have to hide half the card with another card. Lame.
Axel's method is soooo clever ! just go and get it !!
I agree that Axel's version is far superior and gets my highest recommendation.
Is this not exactly like Rejoined?!
No. With Rejoined, you fuze the outer ends of the cards, the borders. With this, you restore the card in the same way you tore it
The more I look at the "restored" card, adding an additional gimmick and patter would allow you to show the entire face of the cards during the signing.
So basically this uses the SAME gimmick as Alex Hecklau's effect but a different handling?? Am confused...
Watched the instructions for this and I am looking forward to receiving my cards. I really like how this looks!

I think Alex's version looks more clean but in Layman's eyes I do not think it will matter.

RNK
[quote]On Jul 14, 2017, RNK wrote:
Watched the instructions for this and I am looking forward to receiving my cards. I really like how this looks!

I think Alex's version looks more clean but in Layman's eyes I do not think it will matter.

RNK [/quote]

RNK, is it worth it to buy this if you already have Rejoined?

Thanks.
I have Rejoined. Do you all think one version looks more aesthetically pleasing to the spectator's eyes?
[quote]On Jul 14, 2017, Magic KL wrote:
[quote]On Jul 14, 2017, RNK wrote:

RNK [/quote]

RNK, is it worth it to buy this if you already have Rejoined?

Thanks. [/quote]

I do not have Rejoined. But I will say I used this yesterday at a festival gig for 4 hours and it was a huge hit! People loved it!!

RNK
Thanks, RNK