(Close Window)
Topic: Need Effect for Local TV Show
Any thoughts on a nice effect I would perform on a local TV show? I would have 3-5 minutes and would be with one host. Was thinking about doing something simple with the host's name written on a playing card. Like MM's "phil" trick I believe.
Cryptext
Thanks for the input. Do you mean calculator trick?
Http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=623381&forum=218
Philraso:

Yes, I would think anything involving the HOST (i.e. the Hosts's name) would be ideal....after all, HE is the STAR of the program, not you.

Personally, anything involving iPhones & computers and/or calculators - just screams "electronic wizardy" and/or special Apps.

The credit for a good trick, should go solely to the skill of the magician...NOT to an electronic gadget.
I would like to include the host and make her look good and amazed. And not use my phone.
Are you a magician or mentalist?
Do.

Your.

Act.

You do have one right?
[quote]On Sep 19, 2018, Futureal wrote:
Do.

Your.

Act.

You do have one right? [/quote]

I agree. Do something you have performed regularly for years, not something new that someone on here suggests you perform. Just think about it for a second, which is going to represent you better? A new routine a stranger suggested you try, or a routine you’ve perfected over hundreds of performances? I know which one I would do.
How did it go so long ago?????