(Close Window)
Topic: TATTOO!
ATTENTION MAGICIANS & MENTALISTS
An original new contemporary plot - 5 plus minutes of surprising astonishing wonder direct from my show to yours. TATTOO! Watch the video. Don't delay. Order today. I have a few of these available – complete with special book, routine, script, downloadable tutorial, worldwide performance rights - including postage and handling – paypal $199 to info@magicopolis.com PLEASE SHARE https://youtu.be/ibm-tCFiA8g
Very cool..
Nice. Love the fact that there are different reveals possible.
I was expecting a !@#$* and then after verbally sharing the reveal, he actually points out it's not magic and then pulls up his shirt to reveal a tattoo of the image on his stomach that he got when he was in his 20's...
This isn't just funny, my wife and her girlfriend watched this and from a laymen's ( semi- layman in my wife's case ) point of view this appears to be real mind reading and also highlights other intellectual ideas. Audiences aren't as dumb as many assume and I think having a matching tattoo would spoil the authenticity and look like a force or stooge was used. Hard to tell, maybe MagicBrent was kidding?
No Mark I was serious. I just was thinking it was a visual reveal of a tattoo from a tailored F@@@@ book. Funny presentation by Steve.
[quote]On Aug 10, 2017, Barry Gitelson wrote:
Nice. Love the fact that there are different reveals possible. [/quote]

I have told that there is no force .... "and that there are 100 possible outcomes to divine".
I like this because it makes sense using a picture to clarify an image in one’s mind. It is plausible and believable, but who needs a book to have a person focus their concentration on some single arbitrary word like other book tests? This is especially great.
Interesting. Kinda looks like it might use something along the lines of Carlyle's Working Mentalist Dictionary. Obviously more hidden, but handling looks the same.
I think the big advantage of a tattoo over a word to me looks like the ability to enlarge in an intelligent manner a tiny scrap of information into a five star production.
Love it, very topical. Sort of a book test / design dupe without all the boring crap
I like this a lot. It's none of that look at the first word in the upper corner of the left hand page stuff. Will consider purchasing it.
Yeah. Keeping this on the RADAR for sure.
TATTOO! Not just for the young, had a couple hundred seniors at he show today, check it out: https://youtu.be/qemL_eS9qk8
Here's a couple of my first TATTOO performances:

https://www.facebook.com/steve.spill/videos/10207794548816642/

https://www.facebook.com/steve.spill/videos/10207837093920243/

https://www.facebook.com/steve.spill/videos/10207837309125623/
I did some research and can't find any book test done this way before, which is odd, since mind reading graphic art looks to me like it beats words hands down and seems so logically done with a printed image.
There was a book recently done with saints and such that kind of fits this description, and that itself is a reproduction/recreation of something from the 1800s I believe.

That being said, this looks (to my admittedly limited knowledge) to be new. I like it, personally, and hope I can afford to pick it up soon after I take care of some unexpected costs.
I think part of the appeal is also that this seems super up to date and not antiquated and stuffy like most mental stuff
I'm in, just ordered.
I just watched all the video links on this thread and I got to say anyone can say anything about how great their product is, and a bunch of clever editing can make something out of nothing, but these raw performance videos are physical concrete convincing evidence this routine kills. I see this as a must have for my show.
Trigger pulled, can't wait for it to arrive.
I saw this performed LIVE last night at Magicopolis in Santa Monica. Way more impressive in person than on video, the helper and audience were absolutely amazed, as was I. This is a killer! Both funny and amazing!
This should arrive this week. Super excited to get this. I love the effect! Steve Spill puts out real workers.
I do occasional parlour shows, which I think this would be great for, very topical theme and should remain so for quite some time. Tatts are now a part of popular mainstream culture virtually worldwide.

But I even think this could even work well for casual performances for friends and family, colleagues, etc. Seems so easy to get into, just say you're thinking of getting a tattoo and bring out the book, BAM-off you go. They'll be so far into it before even realizing there is a payoff that they'll never see it coming. Book looks to be fairly small and manageable size-wise.
TATTOO NEWS – Video of me doing this fun topical routine last sat night. I sold my last one today – but will have a few more back in stock August 31 – https://youtu.be/BARzZHyo9yk
Hi Steve,

Brilliant...i'm so satisfied... it's such a great book test and like you said images make more sense...

I once saw this big guy standing in line at the grocery store next to me with a tattoo on his arm that said MOM ..when he dropped his arm I noticed it now said WOW...
this really happened...

your routine is worth every dollar,,,,between this routine and buying your book I find that your artistry and creativity has been a truly inspiring and educating experience for me ...
i could go on but ... this is my first immediate reaction to watching the tutorial and playing with the prop....

thank you!!

mark
Mark - not sure if this was on one of the clips on the tutorial video or not, but when someone says wow during one of my routines - I have a prepared ad-lib that goes like this -
“I like wow - because wow backwards is wow - and wow upside down is mom - and mom upside down - was dad’s favorite thing.”
Mark also glad you like my book, for those who are unaware and would like to read it, here’s the link: http://www.amazon.com/Lie-Money-Outrageous-Magician%C2%92s-Misadventures/dp/1632204924
Can the book be left in the hands of the spectator outside of the routine? Or is it something that requires relatively careful audience management?
Oh man, I wish I was cashed up right now, I'd be all over this like a pit bull on a postman.
Hey Last Laugh,

I was playing with it last night and left my tat book overnight on the coffee table in the living room…

When I got up this morning my wife and her girlfriend were there having coffee. The friend was looking through the book and said to me, so this is yours? If you’re serious go with this one, she showed me the freaky tat with a ship sailing on a flood of a pretty girl’s tears…

I followed by saying let’s pick one at random… and I did my first tat performance. Have not done it in a show yet… But this was super-impressive in a non-show circumstance… and especially good because she examined the book for I don't know how long before I appeared on the scene.

mark
[quote]On Aug 22, 2017, Last Laugh wrote:
Can the book be left in the hands of the spectator outside of the routine? Or is it something that requires relatively careful audience management? [/quote]

Not really sure what you mean by "outside of the routine"?
There is somehing involved so it can't really be thoroughly examined but it can be handled quite freely by the spec as seen in the demos. That is all it needs to be examined or handled, anything more would only unnecessarily raise suspicions about the book.

Very little audience management is required. In fact, I would say about zero management is required. An extremely tiny percentage of people (if they were drunk for instance) may do more than you ask them to do, because they can already do all that is required for them to do to achieve what you are asking of them. There is no reason for them to even want to do more because they can already handle it as freely as anyone would want or need to.

This is a real winner in my opinion.
Definitely getting this one come Aug31.
Great trick, mine arrived and I love it!!
This is great thinking Steve. Congratulations!
Tattoos have become so mainstream that you can plunk down your Master card and buy a barbed-wire bicep-tattoo at the Henna Hut and get a valuable cash back bonus for your next purchase at Starbucks. I saw this performed live at Magicopolis so for me buying it is a no-brainer. I only wish I'd ordered earlier, can't wait for it to arrive, mine doesn't ship until aug 31.
I probably should have made this clear in my original post. This hardcover dust jacket book is personally illustrated, written, and gimmicked by me and produced on a small scale, just 20 units at a time. The first 20 sold out right away - 12 of the 20 available August 31 have already been sold, which leaves 8 remaining. At this point I have no idea if I’ll be able to devote the time and effort necessary into extending this offer any further, since my full time work for the last couple decades is putting butts in seats doing my show in my theater magicopolis.com - and it is routines like TATTOO! that have enabled me to do that..

The time is now if you need to build your reputation with an original new contemporary plot - 5 plus minutes of surprising astonishing wonder direct from my show to yours.

TATTOO! Watch the video. Still have 8 units available August 31 – and that might be it forever - complete with special hardcover dust jacket book, routine, script, downloadable tutorial, worldwide performance rights - including postage and handling – paypal $199 to info@magicopolis.com CHECK IT OUT: https://youtu.be/ibm-tCFiA8g
[quote]On Aug 23, 2017, markmiller wrote:
Hey Last Laugh,

I was playing with it last night and left my tat book overnight on the coffee table in the living room…

When I got up this morning my wife and her girlfriend were there having coffee. The friend was looking through the book and said to me, so this is yours? If you’re serious go with this one, she showed me the freaky tat with a ship sailing on a flood of a pretty girl’s tears…

I followed by saying let’s pick one at random… and I did my first tat performance. Have not done it in a show yet… But this was super-impressive in a non-show circumstance… and especially good because she examined the book for I don't know how long before I appeared on the scene.

mark [/quote]

That's very interesting and good to know, although I have to say that I am a little surprised that your wife's friend did not ask you anything about the you know what.
Have to think that perhaps you got a little lucky on that one because even though it does not look entirely out of place I would imagine that many people checking out the book for a long period of time may have a question about it just because they would be curious about it

But the great thing about this is that there is absolutely no force involved and you can get a genuinely different reveal each time. The method may not be new but it was totally new to me as I believe it will be to most, or at least have been long forgotten. Plus, describing some funny tattoo is so much more entertaining IMO that simply revealing a meaningless random word as in most book tests. I'd rather have a routine be entertaining AND amazing whenever possible.
For selfish reasons I hope Steve doesn't make any more of these after the current batch is gone.
Sideman I was more than lucky. The girlfriend is on the committee for a fundraising event and told them, more than a trickster, I have special mindreading powers and now I’m booked to do their charity gala!
Sorry Sideman, spellcheck typo, not Sideman, VIDEOMAN
Just got mine. It is great! I am overwhelmed!!
Watching the videos, logically, it seems to me to make more sense to an audience to have someone focus on an image in a book to aid mentally transferring detailed visual information. True, if you could really read minds you might have someone think of any picture and not use the book – yet staring at a tattoo to clarify the image in one’s mind is plausible, but who needs a book to have a person focus their concentration on some single arbitrary word? I like this.
CURRENTLY SOLD OUT - still accepting preorders for the next forty units that will be shipping September 25
Shipping new TATTOO! orders starting Monday September 25 - order here while still available: http://magicopolis.com/magicians-only/
I keep getting the very same question over and over and over. THERE IS NO FORCE WITH TATTOO - SPECTATOR HAS A FREE CHOICE, CAN OPEN THE BOOK ANYWHERE AND FOCUS ON ANY TATTOO THEY DESIRE - A HUNDRED DIFFERENT POSSIBLE REVELATIONS
Yes, absolutely free choice of ANY page.
I think Tattoo is the most modern and all-around BEST book test type of effect that I am aware of.

Never cared for the standard book test premise, because why use a book at all simply to think of a word?
Plus, the reveal (aside from the mind-reading aspect) is often pretty boring and mundane.
But with Tattoo, the use of a book makes much more sense and the reveal can be so much more entertaining.

Using Tattoo is a fresh, contemporary approach that people can relate to.
Devious, foolproof method as well.
I thank Steve for sharing it with the community.
Steve do you ever get spectators forgetting details of the name of the tattoo and elements of it?
In the performance videos I've seen they have been looking at the tattoo the whole time, aren't they?
Noble - one thing I was told years ago. Pick someone whose wearing glasses. that way, if she needs them, she already has them on and doesn't need to fumble or say they're at home.
Noble / Mark - Not sure if anyone forgets tattoo details, if they do it's never evident during the show. I suppose when you reveal details they don't remember they suddenly remember them. More often, when I'm revealing info I have to stop them from saying yes and revealing more details than I want. Often when I have a zombie tattoo, like last night, I'll start saying I'm getting the impression of a skeleton - and before I can stop them, the spectator says, no it's a zombie. I've had this routine go ten or twelve minutes. I get them saying yes to acknowledge I'm on the right track - often they'll say yes,yes,yes,yes and I'll take a pause and say "I was having a flashback..." and the audience screams with laughter - on those occasions when the revelation is complete the applause is deafening. Amazing how laughter can enhance drama - which is what mentalism is at its core.
I assume the joke is "Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes," as in a "flashback" about making love?
Right mum, I've had so many great hilarious moments with this - had one guy tell me he had a hidden tattoo that says "OK" and when it gets excited it says "oklahoma!" I sometime tell audiences I have a tattoo that says 333 because I'm half evil. Comedy creates a mood that puts a positive emotion on mentalism that makes those enjoy watching it that otherwise might not. When the visceral and the intellectual collide the senses are assaulted, and like drama, eliciting laughs enhances mind reading’s impact and extends the experience beyond the “ta da!” of the revelation. Even though only a handful of these have been offered so far, most orders have gone to a who's who of mentalism and magic pros - everyone from Jeff McBride to Derren Brown, Keith Barry, Farrell Dylan, Mike Hammer, Kozak, Williamson, Spencer Horsman with lots of facebook endorsements from Kenton Knepper, Marc Salem, and on and on..

An original new contemporary plot - 5 plus minutes of surprising astonishing wonder direct from the Steve Spill Show to your show. This hardcover dust jacket book is personally illustrated, written, and gimmicked by me, Steve Spill, and produced on a small scale. NO FORCE, SPECTATOR HAS COMPLETELY FREE CHOICE OF ANY TATTOO IN THE BOOK. Complete with routine, script, downloadable tutorial, worldwide performance rights - including postage and handling – paypal $199, foereign orders add $25 shipping to info@magicopolis.com

CHECK IT OUT: https://youtu.be/ibm-tCFiA8g
Tattoo is quite possibly the best magic investment I've made from a performing standpoint. Did it last night and the comments I got ranged from very surprising, thoughtful, intellectual, to unbelievable. The technique, the method, the subject matter, the special book, even the extra jokes in the later live performances on the training video, all mix to make this a masterpiece. I got the credit but wish to offer my thanks to you Steve Spill.
I had the opportunity to look at my friend's book. I think the method existed before.
I thought about this method about 7 years ago.
It would be interesting to find out. Was this method published before?
Any links? if you are afraid of disclosing a secret - send it to me with a personal message.
Thank you!
[quote]On Sep 5, 2017, mumford wrote:
Watching the videos, logically, it seems to me to make more sense to an audience to have someone focus on an image in a book to aid mentally transferring detailed visual information. [/quote]

From the videos, I got the impression they were just reading descriptions and not looking at actual images.
[quote]On Aug 12, 2017, Last Laugh wrote:
Interesting. Kinda looks like it might use something along the lines of Carlyle's Working Mentalist Dictionary. Obviously more hidden, but handling looks the same. [/quote]

That was my thought as well.
I think that the search for such material in the open part of the forum can lead to the disclosure of the secret.
Since I'm sure that it was published before. Just appreciate the work of Steve!
This is a very strong effect. I would like to buy this.
But I came up with my book test.
I believe that this is a new word in book tests, before Steve, no magician thought about that - to describe the picture, instead of words.

I opened the topic in the banquet hall.
https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?forum=37&topic=652208
3,419 views!!!
This suggests that many are interested in obtaining this (book) or are simply waiting for references and ideas for disclosing the method. :formal:
I own this and can tell you that each and every page and image is specially designed and essential to the method, plus all the tattoos have multiple cool details to reveal. The method doesn't matter unless you plan on drawing and designing every single page of your own book and publishing it hardcover with a dust jacket. This isn't some store bought book that's customized, it is built from the ground up. Personally, to me this is a killer. I recommended this to a friend and Spill answered he is backordered for a couple months but I saw its now at
www.penguinmagic.com/p/9143
[quote]On Oct 22, 2017, tmoca wrote:
[quote]On Sep 5, 2017, mumford wrote:
Watching the videos, logically, it seems to me to make more sense to an audience to have someone focus on an image in a book to aid mentally transferring detailed visual information. [/quote]

From the videos, I got the impression they were just reading descriptions and not looking at actual images. [/quote]

Hi everyone
I would love to get one.
I just wonder if there are language considerations. For instance, the participant has to read words, not only image.
Please ignore it if it leads to any secret exposures.
Thank you guys!