(Close Window)
Topic: Unseen Eugene Burger footage
Given that I was in sole possession of this footage, I thought that now might be an appropriate time to share it. This was shot last summer in Chicago during my visit with Eugene. I'm proud to share this with the public, and was given permission to do so by Eugene himself.

Hope you enjoy, and feel free to share.

https://youtu.be/dmsiaV1TeHE
Thank you.
Such a great person. He will be missed. He did your effect Unfazed justice!
An honor I don't take for granted.
What a masterful demonstration of a clever effect. It shows how presentation really does matter.
Great, thanks.
Excellent
Magnificent
Thank you :)
Having been a Mystery School Alumni who got to study under Eugene personally when I was younger, I was fortunate to get to know a bit more about the man - outside of his books and videos. I learned so much from Eugene and he, more than any other, had the greatest influence on my development. The shadow of his influence remains forever present in my work, as always. This news has only served to make an already bad summer even worse...

Thanks for posting this video up Ben. Here's a shot of Eugene and I back in 2001.

[IMG]http://i68.tinypic.com/adly78.jpg[/IMG]
Message: Posted by: Francois Lagrange (Aug 16, 2017 07:57AM)
Thanks for posting, Ben.
What a glowing human being!

Wherever he is; beauty is with him.
I wanted a great closing line from Eugene!
[quote]On Aug 16, 2017, Tim Cavendish wrote:
I wanted a great closing line from Eugene! [/quote]

Eugene did in fact have a great closing line just before his passing. It was shared with me by someone very close to him that was with him at the moment of his passing. It is not my place to reveal it here, but I can tell you that it is exactly what you would have wanted him to say.

Ben
I hope this doesn't hurt anyone's feelings but I was able to deconstruct the trick, just from Eugene's presentation. Having said that, I don't think it's because of a flaw in the his handling, I was just watching to closely and with the eyes of a magician/mentalist. I think the effect would floor laymen.

And as I said in another post, I am already missing Eugene, as he could always make me feel like a kid watching magic for the first time.

May he rest in peace.
Ben,

Thank you for sharing this. Your comment about a poetic departure is both beautiful and heart-wrenching at the same time. It should remain a mystery. It's only fitting.

Sincerely,

Sean