(Close Window)
Topic: Looking for a book test
I have began a search for a book test. My only requirement for this test so far is the books it uses. The books I want to use can be considered essential reading for self help and business. So I am seeking a test that includes books such Think and Grow Rich and the others like this. Is there a test out there that includes those books? Is using a Hoy method the only current solution?
Message: Posted by: Philemon Vanderbeck (Aug 16, 2017 09:10AM)
There's a book test that uses a colored pencil that can be used with any book. The exact name escapes me at the moment.
Honestly, you might want to look at the magazine test in Mark Wilson's CCIM. Simple, not hard, as cheap as the books you want to use. And totally examinable afterward.

Patrick
Steve Valentine's Booked will do the job.

Mark
Alain Nu has Word Work 1 and 2, both of which allow you to use whatever books you want and both have very different methodologies. They are both excellent.
Spellbinder's "Better Book Test" in The Wizards' Journal #6, shows how to use any books and even give the spectator a choice of several different books from which to select a word or even a sentence or paragraph.
The Coolest Book Test Ever by Nathan Kranzo seems like something you could use.
Message: Posted by: MentalistCreationLab (Aug 19, 2017 01:03AM)
Meir Yedid if I am not mistaken some years back put out a version of his wow book test using self help books. There have been several versions of this test from him over the years and it may be a place to start your hunt. The wow book test will come with two books and it does not matter which is chosen. Just do not buy a set without dust jackets Like the one on ebay about 2 years ago. Still wonder what that seller was thinking.
[quote]On Aug 17, 2017, Mark_Chandaue wrote:

Mark [/quote]

I love Steve Valentine's 'Booked'. Highly recommended.
I kind of like To Lovecraft by The Jack. Saw it at MINDVention 2016. It was strong and you give the book away after you're done.
On colin mcleods dvd opening minds theres a great one I use once in a while
Marc Paul's would do the trick too.
The important point in a book test is that a random word is being selected from the possibility of many words. The best possible way to present this would be to have many books to choose from or one book that someone happens to have on them. I wonder why it's important to you that it be a particular book.
[quote]On Aug 19, 2017, minty wrote:
[quote]On Aug 17, 2017, Mark_Chandaue wrote:

Mark [/quote]

I love Steve Valentine's 'Booked'. Highly recommended. [/quote]

Another vote for Booked. I also use my own Poor Man's Book Test from my book Inspired which allows me to use any book.
Thank you all for the suggestions. Very helpful. I have chosen for now to just use a simple method. I was asked why those specific books. I have an idea for a corporate presentation with those books and lead in material for corporate training work is all.
I pretty much second the ones mentioned so far. Methods that works with any book should work with the books you're going for. If you want to go for a customized hands off book test, I would suggest you check Docc's lecture, there's a great idea there.