(Close Window)
Topic: Mentalism routine involving marked deck in cyclic stack
Hi. I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a beautiful mentalism routine that involves a marked deck in cyclic stack. Thanks!
Hmmm.

I know a great Mentalism routine that uses a cyclical stack (stebbins), though the cards aren't marked. Check out "A Tribute to Dunninger" in James Swain's "21st Century Card Magic".

It can be purchased for download as a pdf at L&L epub for little cost. The book contains many other fabulous routines as well.
Your definition of beauty and mine may be very different. In the end, what can you do with the stack that meets your definition? For any card selected, the mates are 13 cards apart for a tetradistic stack. The color/value mate is 26 away for Stebbins stack and many others. What can you do with that information that would be beautiful to you?

Patrick Page's book has a lot of material about stacked deck work. The associations of positions are part of it.

Patrick
Look for Lee Earle & Larry Becker's Demon Deck, and Osterlind's routines for his stack. PM me if you want more information.
[quote]On Aug 20, 2017, Sudo Nimh wrote:
Hmmm.

I know a great Mentalism routine that uses a cyclical stack (stebbins), though the cards aren't marked. Check out "A Tribute to Dunninger" in James Swain's "21st Century Card Magic".

It can be purchased for download as a pdf at L&L epub for little cost. The book contains many other fabulous routines as well. [/quote]

This is a great routine, and while it's not necessary, I think it actually could be made slightly cleaner with a m****d deck. It does require 3 participants fwiw.

Lot's of stack work can be made cleaner with a MD (you just need to go the other direction in your stack, if that makes sense).

Osterlinds 'Challenge Mind Reading' and 'Card Calling' are great and a MD adds another layer.
Either of the following Max Maven effects could theoretically be strengthened with the use of a marked deck.

'The Mockingbird' or 'The Hawk'.

Both effects use a cyclical stack such as Si Stebbins with a certain other principle that you will probably already be familiar with.

Another possibility is that you might reverse the order of a marked deck which you have first put into a cyclical stack order. Then do Richard Osterlind's 'Test Condition Card trick'. You will be able to read the sequential card from the top of the deck. No need for a card case peek. Hands off.

Of course a cyclical deck arrangement does not have to involve standard playing cards. You just require two attributes such as colour and shape or..........
Thanks, everyone.
Luke Jermay's Marksman Deck.
Ben Blau's Vindicator is an amazing effect, and you can make it even more impossible if you use a marked deck! You'd have to be a part of the Temporarily Out Of Order Facebook group if you want to learn this.
With just the marked deck Spectator as mentalist or something like that from Ted Lesley.
[quote]On Nov 7, 2017, MrEmagic wrote:
Ben Blau's Vindicator is an amazing effect, and you can make it even more impossible if you use a marked deck! You'd have to be a part of the Temporarily Out Of Order Facebook group if you want to learn this. [/quote]

I wish Patrick would find another way to share... maybe a google hangouts group? for the people that do not have Facebook but bought the book.

Marc