(Close Window)
Topic: Paul Harris
Hi all!
I have to say that the old clips of Paul Harris performing are spectacular. I absolutely love his style.
But why are there no new clips of him performing? And in the True Astonishment tapes he lets Bro Gilbert do the performing.

What happened to Paul Harris?
When the student is ready, Paul Harris will appear....
I too have always been curious given how seminal the Art of Astonishment series is that there is so little in recent years of Paul Harris performing. (but maybe I've missed it)
[quote]On Aug 22, 2017, Montana76 wrote:
And in the True Astonishment tapes he lets Bro Gilbert do the performing.
[/quote]

There is one effect where, at the conclusion of the performance, the camera pulls back to reveal that ol' Paul was the guy with the hands. I know that doesn't answer your question, though. I don't have THAT answer.
Harris has aged like everybody else and lost a considerable part of his thick mane. He persists in being photographed wearing a gangsta winter cap. It could be one reason why he has chosen not to perform publicly.

Copperfield got around this problem by wearing a ridiculous toupee.
I've had no hair since my mid-tewnties. Hasn't affected me at all so I doubt that has anything to do with it..
Paul just doesn't perform formally or lecture anymore, just the choice he's made.
According to August 2017 issue of Genii, Paul is part of the Genii convention lineup Oct4-7, details at geniiconvention.com Lynn
Did he ever do that much performance outside of the magic community?
Not really, I think he found that having to perform for a living was not his thing. He mentions it on one of the AOA DVDs