(Close Window)
Topic: New from TEB3
A master course in Seance

http://www.lulu.com/shop/lary-kuehn/mysticum-artium-magister/paperback/product-23319325.html
Great price as well. All we need now are some coupons......
Azoy? A class on seance work? That is pretty much what you get in Mysticum Artium Magister.
Try LULU20 - worked for me today as 20% off in UK
6LZFHB4T - discount code for 25%
Curiosity is peaked.. Would like a bit more info on content. I love my bigger book of boo by T. Everett Bookings III
An excerpt from the Forward by Neil Tobin describes the contents quite well:

"Lary and Traveler are following Eugene's [Burger] path. And in this book, they've set out a step-by-step course for designing your own, personalized theatrical seance experience. The bones are all there: potential effects, storytelling hints, overall structure, and even promotional angles."

...and...

"a half dozen talented seance enthusiasts to follow their plan and share their "final exam" results -- some of which are remarkably inventive."

Including TOC and the usual non-numbered pages it tops out at 200 pages.

[Full disclosure: I am a contributor to Mysticum Artium Magister.]
I just came up with $65 in my magic budget and was about to either order Witches Almanac, the seance book by Scott Davis, Transformations by Larry Hass, and now this is on my radar! Will consider this...
I just ordered it. It'll probably take about a week or so to get it. I'll contribute whatever worthwhile information that I can about it after I have a chance to look it over. But if Yitzhak was involved, I'm confident it's going to be very worthwhile.
[quote]On Sep 7, 2017, topherhester wrote:
I just came up with $65 in my magic budget and was about to either order Witches Almanac, the seance book by Scott Davis, Transformations by Larry Hass, and now this is on my radar! Will consider this... [/quote]

Full disclosure, I too am a contributor. If it tips the scales for you and you are in the US I have acopy of Transformations, like new you can have for 20.00 shipped, that should leave you enough with one of the discount coupons to pick up this new and exciting book.
"I just came up with $65 in my magic budget and was about to either order Witches Almanac, the seance book by Scott Davis, Transformations by Larry Hass, and now this is on my radar! Will consider this..."

All good. The choice is yours but, you need to set your own priorities.

Also had communication (meaning long talk with Scott) two weeks ago. If you weren't aware, Seance was created in Shelly's and my living room when Scott was over for dinner one night. He was in Dallas for a big honcho meeting for PBS TV. Gosh, now we only go back about being friends since the very first Invocational much less PEA stuff.

I don't personally know Larry Hass but have a lot of respect for his work.

Lary/TEB3/Traveler
Bud, check your email. PayPal sent. Thanks
And just ordered Mysticum Atium Magister!
I will have to check this out :)
I have seen the actual proof copy and everything is fine. So now Mysticum Artium Magister is officially available via:http://www.lulu.com/shop/lary-kuehn/mysticum-artium-magister/paperback/product-23326446.html

Here’s a quick quote from Neil Tobin’s foreword:
“Lary and Traveler are following Eugene's path. And in this book, they've set out a step-by-step course for designing your own, personalized theatrical seance experience. The bones are all there: potential effects, storytelling hints, overall structure, and even promotional angles. From there, they let loose more than a half dozen talented seance enthusiasts to follow their plan and share their "final exam" results — some of which are remarkably inventive. (How about a seance designed to take camping, free of elaborate props and Victorian trappings? It's in there.)”
A must have......my order is in.
Lulu is doing its' sale thing 30% off through the 14th on print books.
Code is SAVENOW30

Great time to get your text book for the MAM degree.

TEB3
This is a gem. The first several chapters in this Master of Mystic Arts Degree Plan offer the instructor's advice on performing seances culled from his many decades of experience in the field. I first saw Brother Shadow's Black Rock Ritual performed by Masklyn ye Mage at an early Invocational, and Lary includes T. Everett Bookings' version. Terry Tyson includes a wonderfully unique campsite seance. Yitzhak Schlomi offers a delightful and thorough Jewish mystical flavored piece that can easily be adapted to your own style. Brahm Corstanje (a favorite presenter at ECSS) delivers a nice Konxari themed Haunted Box. Bud Scott gives us a fine spirit bell routine. Robert Orander's true story seance begins with a nice zodiac bit, then a haunted key, and a shard of charred wood. Justin Ferguson's seance is an effective routine that includes a haunted key, a pendulum, and a message written in ash. Mary Tomich's sweet seance routine involves fresh rose petals. Christopher Thisse's psychological drama seance uses a pendulum in the mouth of a glass (by the way, Christopher' s own book, Psycho Seance, is well worthy of reading). My own contribution is a spirit writing planchette that (amongst other things) I will be teaching at ECSS IV. The Foreword is by Neil Tobin. All in all, Mysticum Artium Magister is well worth picking up by anyone interested in seance magic.
Code LULU15 if (like me) you're late to the party, until 9/21....
Received my copy in the post yesterday. I'm impressed with the diversity of presentations. There is surely something within that will touch your performance style.
Thanks for the kind words, Jim.

Excited to receive my copy of this.
Lulu is having another sale. 25% off.

The code is LULU25

Lary

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/teb3
Is it still on sale??
They are having a sale right now. It expires on the 7th. Discount Code is FIFTEEN.

TEB3