(Close Window)
Topic: Where to buy manilla envelopes in Europe?
Message: Posted by: magiccube (Sep 7, 2017 04:21PM)
Last year when I was in the USA I bought 2 boxes (1 box = 500 count) full with Manila envelopes from Office Depot. The best size for business or playing cards is by the way 2,5x4,5 inches, which is called "#3 coin envelopes". Very practical and fancy! Even though I still have enough, I'm scared of running out of these envelopes. Office Depot doesn't deliver international and it's also pretty expansive. Does anyone know where to get these in Europe or Online? Thanks so much!
Message: Posted by: Al Desmond (Sep 7, 2017 04:39PM)
Wouldn't Amazon UK have them? They may have a different description (I know Europeans have different size designations for this stuff), but Amazon should have them.

Maybe?
Message: Posted by: Last Laugh (Sep 7, 2017 05:02PM)
From what I understand, coin envelopes are not widely available in Europe. You may well have to have them shipped from the states....
Message: Posted by: innercirclewannabe (Sep 7, 2017 05:16PM)
[quote]On Sep 7, 2017, Last Laugh wrote:
From what I understand, coin envelopes are not widely available in Europe. You may well have to have them shipped from the states.... [/quote]

At the current rates the shipping would cost more than the envelopes!
Message: Posted by: Raum (Sep 7, 2017 05:31PM)
Https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01DDQNLGW/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1X2ONHBG1ORN3&coliid=I3F9200OL0GP4H
Message: Posted by: Mark Timon (Sep 7, 2017 05:54PM)
I live in Japan but order in amazon.com. Shipping costs are not that expensive.
https://www.amazon.com/Columbian-CO545-2x4-1-4-InchCoin-Envelopes/dp/B000AN0VCO/ref=lp_2587545011_1_1?srs=2587545011&ie=UTF8&qid=1504824708&sr=8-1
Message: Posted by: Last Laugh (Sep 7, 2017 06:17PM)
[quote]On Sep 7, 2017, Raum wrote:
Https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01DDQNLGW/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1X2ONHBG1ORN3&coliid=I3F9200OL0GP4H [/quote]

Yeah, there are those. They are not really the same thing as the US coin envelopes though.
Message: Posted by: Delimbeau (Sep 7, 2017 11:57PM)
Via Staples may be? Luc.
Message: Posted by: magiccube (Sep 8, 2017 08:29AM)
[quote]On Sep 7, 2017, innercirclewannabe wrote:
[quote]On Sep 7, 2017, Last Laugh wrote:
From what I understand, coin envelopes are not widely available in Europe. You may well have to have them shipped from the states.... [/quote]

At the current rates the shipping would cost more than the envelopes! [/quote]

That's so true!
Message: Posted by: magiccube (Sep 8, 2017 09:43AM)
[quote]On Sep 7, 2017, Mark Timon wrote:
I live in Japan but order in amazon.com. Shipping costs are not that expensive.
https://www.amazon.com/Columbian-CO545-2x4-1-4-InchCoin-Envelopes/dp/B000AN0VCO/ref=lp_2587545011_1_1?srs=2587545011&ie=UTF8&qid=1504824708&sr=8-1 [/quote]

This one is the cheapest international shipping so far, which adds up to $45 for 500 pieces, but oh well.
Thank you so much!! I was looking for coin envelopes on Amazon before too, but didn't find this one.
Message: Posted by: One Inch Man (Sep 8, 2017 10:58AM)
What about these? They come from the US via the UK amazon site.

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000Y4X6E4/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2KVF7QXNCLV8H
Message: Posted by: Mobius (Sep 8, 2017 01:15PM)
Thanks One Inch Man: I have been looking for a reasonable option for ages and have somehow missed this.
Worked out that the total price for 500 manila envelopes is £17.19 including delivery. That's not too bad considering the increased quality and practicality over our flimsy European version. Definitely getting some!
Message: Posted by: magiccube (Sep 8, 2017 02:46PM)
[quote]On Sep 8, 2017, Mobius wrote:
Thanks One Inch Man: I have been looking for a reasonable option for ages and have somehow missed this.
Worked out that the total price for 500 manila envelopes is £17.19 including delivery. That's not too bad considering the increased quality and practicality over our flimsy European version. Definitely getting some! [/quote]
Im glad this helped your
Message: Posted by: One Inch Man (Sep 8, 2017 03:48PM)
[quote]On Sep 8, 2017, Mobius wrote:
Thanks One Inch Man: I have been looking for a reasonable option for ages and have somehow missed this.
Worked out that the total price for 500 manila envelopes is £17.19 including delivery. That's not too bad considering the increased quality and practicality over our flimsy European version. Definitely getting some! [/quote]

No problem.
I haven't bought them myself, so I can't vouch for their quality/authenticity or anything, but £17/500 is definitely the cheapest price I've come across for #3 coin envelopes in the UK.

If you do end up getting some, let us know how it works out and what they're like!
Message: Posted by: magiccube (Sep 9, 2017 06:03AM)
[quote]On Sep 8, 2017, One Inch Man wrote:
[quote]On Sep 8, 2017, Mobius wrote:
Thanks One Inch Man: I have been looking for a reasonable option for ages and have somehow missed this.
Worked out that the total price for 500 manila envelopes is £17.19 including delivery. That's not too bad considering the increased quality and practicality over our flimsy European version. Definitely getting some! [/quote]

No problem.
I haven't bought them myself, so I can't vouch for their quality/authenticity or anything, but £17/500 is definitely the cheapest price I've come across for #3 coin envelopes in the UK.

If you do end up getting some, let us know how it works out and what they're like! [/quote]

I surely will.
Message: Posted by: Sven Rygh (Sep 9, 2017 07:20AM)
Quality Park is the way to go
Amazon carries #6, #3, and I believe also #1

https://www.amazon.com/Quality-Park-50262-Kraft-Envelope/dp/B00NJXWHJM/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1504959421&sr=8-5&keywords=quality+park+%233+coin+envelopes
Message: Posted by: Cervier (Sep 9, 2017 10:49AM)
I got mine there (French site):
https://www.enveloppes.com/product/178/98x67-mm-enveloppe-manille
Message: Posted by: magiccube (Sep 9, 2017 10:52AM)
[quote]On Sep 9, 2017, Cervier wrote:
I got mine there (French site):
https://www.enveloppes.com/product/178/98x67-mm-enveloppe-manille [/quote]

Looks like they only deliver within France, right?
Message: Posted by: magiccube (Sep 9, 2017 10:55AM)
[quote]On Sep 9, 2017, Sven Rygh wrote:
Quality Park is the way to go
Amazon carries #6, #3, and I believe also #1

https://www.amazon.com/Quality-Park-50262-Kraft-Envelope/dp/B00NJXWHJM/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1504959421&sr=8-5&keywords=quality+park+%233+coin+envelopes [/quote]

They don't ship to Europe though. I also looked at Walmart, because on their website they also sell these coin envelopes, but when I've asked a staff, they told me it's an online product only.
Message: Posted by: Cervier (Sep 10, 2017 11:08AM)
[quote]On Sep 9, 2017, magiccube wrote:
[quote]On Sep 9, 2017, Cervier wrote:
I got mine there (French site):
https://www.enveloppes.com/product/178/98x67-mm-enveloppe-manille [/quote]

Looks like they only deliver within France, right? [/quote]

I checked, they are in fact british! (Enveloppes "France", sure... ;) ).
If they can ship to France, I'll bet they can ship to the rest of Europe as well.
Message: Posted by: magiccube (Sep 10, 2017 11:18AM)
[quote]On Sep 10, 2017, Cervier wrote:
[quote]On Sep 9, 2017, magiccube wrote:
[quote]On Sep 9, 2017, Cervier wrote:
I got mine there (French site):
https://www.enveloppes.com/product/178/98x67-mm-enveloppe-manille [/quote]

Looks like they only deliver within France, right? [/quote]

I checked, they are in fact british! (Enveloppes "France", sure... ;) ).
If they can ship to France, I'll bet they can ship to the rest of Europe as well. [/quote]

I just checked that. They only deliver to France, Réunion, Monaco, Luxembourg and Belgium.
Message: Posted by: Cervier (Sep 10, 2017 01:06PM)
It seems their "real" site (not country-specific) is http://www.envelopes.org/
Message: Posted by: magiccube (Sep 10, 2017 01:28PM)
[quote]On Sep 10, 2017, Cervier wrote:
It seems their "real" site (not country-specific) is http://www.envelopes.org/ [/quote]

Oh they have it country specific. Thank you so much for your help! They are pretty cheap there and very close to the manila envelopes in the USA. I hope this also helped many others as well, who had the same problem like me.
Message: Posted by: dusty (Sep 10, 2017 01:35PM)
The envelopes you bought in the US are not the same as coin Manila envelopes sold in the UK. The US version is much better quality and is an orange colour.

UK envelopes are a muddy brown colour and are inherently dull. I know, I live there!
Message: Posted by: Sven Rygh (Sep 10, 2017 01:36PM)
[quote]On Sep 9, 2017, magiccube wrote:
[quote]On Sep 9, 2017, Sven Rygh wrote:
Quality Park is the way to go
Amazon carries #6, #3, and I believe also #1

https://www.amazon.com/Quality-Park-50262-Kraft-Envelope/dp/B00NJXWHJM/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1504959421&sr=8-5&keywords=quality+park+%233+coin+envelopes [/quote]

They don't ship to Europe though. I also looked at Walmart, because on their website they also sell these coin envelopes, but when I've asked a staff, they told me it's an online product only. [/quote]

They do indeed ship to Europe, at least to Norway and my address
I have been buying from them for many years

Quality Park Coin/Small Parts Envelopes, #3, Brown Kraft, 2.5 x 4.25-Inches, Box of 500 (50262)
4.4 out of 5 stars 44 customer reviews |5 answered questions
Price: $14.47 + $21.67 Shipping & Import Fees Deposit to Norway Details
Your cost could be $4.47: Qualified customers get $10 in bonus on their first reload of $100 or more.
In Stock.
[b]This item ships to Slemmestad, Norway.[/b] Want it Wednesday, Sept. 13? Order within 26 hrs 10 mins and choose AmazonGlobal Priority Shipping at checkout. Learn more
Message: Posted by: magiccube (Sep 10, 2017 01:40PM)
[quote]On Sep 10, 2017, dusty wrote:
The envelopes you bought in the US are not the same as coin Manila envelopes sold in the UK. The US version is much better quality and is an orange colour.

UK envelopes are a muddy brown colour and are inherently dull. I know, I live there! [/quote]

I know that, but if I order them from the USA, the shipping is even more than the envelopes itself. I wonder why they are so unpoplar in Europe. What are they mainly used for in the USA? Really just to keep coins inside?
Message: Posted by: Mobius (Sep 16, 2017 01:12PM)
I ordered 500 manilla envelopes from Amazon UK on 8th September and they arrived today.

They are Quality Park No.3 coin envelopes made of sturdy 28lb stock with the all important "orangey" colour. They cost £17 including delivery from the US and, at around 3.5 pence an envelope, are definitely worth it. Wife finding it a bit sad that a grown man can be so excited over 500 small envelopes, though she will be happy to know that I will now be able to break the habit of having to go into every new stationary shop I come across in the blind hope that they will have something nicer than the "muddy brown and inherently dull" that I have been using for years.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000Y4X6E4/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2KVF7QXNCLV8H
Message: Posted by: One Inch Man (Sep 16, 2017 03:58PM)
[quote]On Sep 16, 2017, Mobius wrote:
I ordered 500 manilla envelopes from Amazon UK on 8th September and they arrived today.

They are Quality Park No.3 coin envelopes made of sturdy 28lb stock with the all important "orangey" colour. They cost £17 including delivery from the US and, at around 3.5 pence an envelope, are definitely worth it. Wife finding it a bit sad that a grown man can be so excited over 500 small envelopes, though she will be happy to know that I will now be able to break the habit of having to go into every new stationary shop I come across in the blind hope that they will have something nicer than the "muddy brown and inherently dull" that I have been using for years. [/quote]

Cool, thanks for the update. I'm glad you're satisfied with the envelopes, not to mention relieved that I didn't inadvertently lead you into to making a dodgy purchase!
Message: Posted by: ChrisWall (Sep 17, 2017 10:29AM)
I too bought the above-mentioned envelopes (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000Y4X6E4/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2KVF7QXNCLV8H) a while ago and can attest to the quality. I never thought to share on the Café despite my troubles finding them as well.

You can get the same envelopes in bigger and smaller sizes too:

2.25 * 3.5 in: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000Y50ZD8/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_x_bkPVzb9MVJ6VG
3.125 * 5.5 in (#5): https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0007UQCUU/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_x_7jPVzbS07Y9NY
3.375 * 6in (#6): https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0012VIB0C/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_x_yrPVzbYWTZQTD
3.5 x 6.5 in (#7): https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000LGLBP6/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_x_8jPVzbXA625EK

Worth noting that the price fluctuates based on the dollar as these are direct from the Amazon U.S. store but because Amazon now has their own delivery network they don't charge you as much for P&H so the cost comes WAY down as opposed to sending the same item via UPS or equivalent.

Chris.