(Close Window)
Topic: Vision - the card spread analyzer
Hello,

I'm very happy to announce my biggest and long kept secret project 'Vision'. This app allows you to capture a face-up card spread with the video stream from your iPhone. The order of the cards is detected within a fraction of a second and can be used by other programs. The order and the missing card (e.g. the selection) is shown right away. With the companion app 'Vision-Tricks' it is made good usage of this feature. Also, my other app SD-Poker which I have released last year regarding the Poker-Formulas by Pit Hartling can use this feature. Now you can deal the Poker-Hands from a shuffled deck!

Vision also supports the new 'CardTrack' app from Marc Kerstein. The combination of these two apps is just pure magic. A freely selected and lost card in the deck by the spectator can be found by ease. Even if they are aware that an iPhone is used or a picture is taken to determine the card, they have no clue! Several clever methods are combined which will leave a baffling audience!

More information regarding Vision and Vision-Tricks can be found here.
www.vision-tricks.com

My intention and hope is, that Vision becomes a growing platform with many different use cases. I hope you like it as much as I do and treat it with the necessary respect. I spent two years of development in this piece, which I'm very proud of!

All the best
Martin Eisele
Here you can see Vision in Action:

My take on the classic Effect 'Shuffle Bored' from Simon Aronson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHZ39b3SYYc

My take on the "Poker Formulas' from Pit Hartling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzGIFk5kZtQ
Message: Posted by: Pasteboard Alchemist (Nov 27, 2017 12:56PM)
Does a purchaser get an API key or the like so they're able to, for example, make a call via JavaScript to the server and get the info from their last scan? If so, then this goes from "cool" to "absolutely must buy right this second" for me.

Excellent work on this!
Thanks for you feedback and your question. It is already capable of doing so but I have not enabled this feature yet for the 'public'.
I'm thinking about to open it at one point, but for the moment you can access it only from my Vision:Tricks and SD-Poker app.

Reason:
I have some further ideas on how to improve Vision:Tricks. If I would open it now, everybody could use the interface and I would have no control anymore...
Message: Posted by: Pasteboard Alchemist (Nov 28, 2017 04:56AM)
Ah, I see. I suppose limiting it so users must purchase each individual trick/feature within Vision:Tricks and have no other option on what to do with their data after their initial $70 outlay is one way to go.

Thank you for answering my question. Have a great day.
Ok, that is one way to see it...

It is not about making most $ out of it, but I don't have control on what others do with the interface. I would have to give support on problems etc. Also I think that for me as the creator of it, I have the right to release my ideas first before somebody else does. This does not mean, that all of the ideas do cost something and that I strictly keep it close. As I mentioned before, I'm thinking about.

In General:
Since it is my tool, I guess I have the right to decide what to include and what not. I never promised / promoted that there will be a web-app. Everything which is included is stated very clearly.

Regarding the price:
If you would know how much work this app was, you wouldn't respond with such a message. For me the pricing was not an easy thing. As you can imagine, the development was very complex and took so much time, that I will never get paid properly for it. In software development a lot of work and effort is spent to make a good product. My approach is to make not only a "good" but a "perfect" product.

I can't make all the further developments for free - I really hope that you understand that. My first plan was to sell Vision at $149 decided then to make it relatively "cheap". I hope you can understand better now. I have also updated Vision with new features (a while ago) without any further costs. The new stealth mode, black and camera-mode. If you think about the possibilities and the power you have in your hands it is really "cheap".

Please try to understand my point of view and think it thru...

Martin
New Update available!

I have worked very hard the last few weeks to make Vision even better! I have found several optimizations to make the detection more reliable and quicker. I have just released an update for Vision.

The new features are:
* You can set you own user stack.
If this stack is detected it is shown in Vision itself (like it already did with Tamariz, Aronson and NPO)

* Removed 'checks amount' in settings.
A clever algorithm does the job now automatically for you.

* Completely new code for the detection of the cards

* Optimized the detection of the spread

* Several fixes and improvements

The last versions of Vision were very good, but I truly think that this update is a real 'game changer'.
Soon I will add more videos and information (also regarding the new version) to the secret area of the Vision webpage.

I'm currently also working on an update for Vision:Tricks and I can tell you, that Marc Kerstein is going to publish an update for his CardTrack app which will be great and the absolutely perfect additon to Vision.
I have made a little video to show you some basic features of Vision. You can get easily an idea about the power and reliability of it.

https://youtu.be/cQicP-5QQOE
That the power and capability of Vision can be better understood, I made a little video.
Please check also out the linked videos at the end of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEaAHTAOajI
This is a really cool app, I can see a lot of potential with it
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_eApOlt8Uk

In combination with the Vision app, ACAAN can be performed from a shuffled deck!
Does it supports ipad 2017..

Any plans for Android
Yes, it should support the iPad (iOS 10 is required).
To my knowledge, all iPhone apps run on an iPad as well.

Android: Not decided yet...
Today David Penn and Sean Heydon from the 'Wizard Product Review' did a review regarding the Vision app:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-fzEsWGWKs%26t=921
Can this work with the front camera of the iphone? imagine I have a fan of card in the hands and I just go above my phone, would be nice if it can detect which cards I have without ever touching the phone...

the only problem I have with this is to take out my phone.... if there is a way to hide the phone somewhere, maybe in a shirt or something and got the result sent to my apple watch, it would be perfect.....
It just works with the back camera of the iPhone at the moment. I'm testing the usage of an external camera at the moment, but I'm not sure, if this will lead to something useable. Holding 52 cards in a spread in the hand with all indices visible sounds like a big challenge to me...

Taking out the phone is no problem. With the right justification it can go by unnoticed. You can put your phone in a book, smal case, or any other object which you hold above the card spread. There are many ways how you can conceal it.

Please check out the Justifications section on my webpage:
https://www.vision-tricks.com/secret/vision/justifications.php
This looks very good.

Another vote for an android version of it.
Vision got an update (which should be available within the next hours) with the following features:

* Better detection of the cards.

* Improved the dection of the card spread.
White (or bright) backgrounds next to the close-up mat do not disturb anymore
(as long as the spread is completely on a surface with good contrast.)

* Removed switch for Phoenix Large Index in settings.
It is automatically detected if you use a large index deck or not.

* Added switch for 'requested cards' to avoid accidental changes.

* Several fixes and improvements
I had to make another update of Vision - V1.6 is now the current version.

COOL NEW FEATURE:
It gives you direct feedback about the quality of the card spread (also for the free version).
Every found card is highlighted, this makes it very easy to find problems.

Here is an example (screenshot is from full version, but free version does highlight the cards too):
[url=http://vision-tricks.com/media/img/index_highlighting/good_spread.png]See image[/url]
This is a great and helpful addition. Thanks Martin!
As mentioned on various places: Vision was available with an introductory bonus.

The price will go up by July, 1st. (From $69,99 to $99,99).
Now with Version 2.0 of Vision I offer a monthly subscription on a very low price.
It gives free access to Vision and all built-in features of Vision:Tricks.
I’ve registered vision and waiting for the email. This looks like a pretty nice app with many uses
I'm trying to find Vision on the iPhone app store ?
When I typed in Vision, I can't find it ?
PS: Having Vision work with a Bluetooth or WiFi external camera would be GREAT !
better yet, give user the choice :-)
Another nice touch would be to have it display information (like missing cards) on an Apple Watch, so, you don't need to look at a phone.
I just found this link for more info:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vision-the-card-spread-analyzer/id1183529356?l=de&ls=1&mt=8

It sounds like the app is now only available via subscription ?

That is not good :arg:
I don't like subscriptions.

If you only offer subscription access, then I think I will pass.

I also see some prices such as $220 to unlock Vision and $5 for full access ?
Did the price go from $70 to $220+ ??? … If so, I suspect sales fell off as well.

I am confused...can you please explain pricing ? Earlier in the Magic Café thread it looked like the app cost $70 then $100 ?

Please explain ?
Hi,

Vision is a high-tech tool with lots of know how and thousands hours of development. Nothing else like this exists and it gives you unlimited possibilities.

A tool like this should cost > $1.000 (especially if you target such a small group of possible buyers). People complained before, that the extra tools and tricks in the Vision:Tricks app costs something extra. I can't add constantly new features and utilities without charging anything - especially if the price is "low".

Moving to a subscription sounded very fair to me. The users gets access to Vision on a very low price ($5 per month is like nothing for this). As mentioned, you do not get only access to all features of Vision, but also to every built in feature of Vision:Tricks. This subscription model allows me to continue working on Vision and its tools. Also it is a very fair way for the users to try out and experience the full feature set of Vision at no risk, since the subscription can be canceled every month.

I know, that subscriptions are not for everybody, and it is hard to please anybody. But if you think about, how many $ have you spent in your magicians career for stuff, which landed in the drawer and was not used anymore, I hope that you agree that this is really a bargain. Vision is a pro tool with great functionality.

I hope you understand now better. Please let me know if you have any questions, I'm happy to answer.
Martin

P.S. Peek on Apple Watch is already supported (in Vision:Tricks). Vision:Tricks is the 'main' application you should run. Vision is 'only used as a tool', which is called from Vision:Tricks.
Hey guys,

So I have been working with Vision for a while, and recently I started to perform it for people, and really understand the true great power that this app allows you to do.

Only takes seconds, and you can work miracles with this. ACAAN no problem.
Need to find the card that is missing. No problem.

I still need to dabble in it some more, since there is Vision, and then Vision:Tricks.

I think the subscription that Martin has is a very fair one for the price. Think about how many apps out there are expensive, and think about that for a fee on a monthly basis you wont even feel it leave your wallet. This is something that is good to have, because sky is the limit to what is possible with this app.

Martin is a genious for coming up with this, and I really hope that other people begin to realize the power that they will have at their fingertips in using this app.

Martin is one of the nicest guys out there, and he is always available to help you whenever needed. That to me says a lot about his character, he stands by his products, and he cares about giving good customer service. Top notch.

If you are still unsure about whether this is right for you, there are several demo's available online, or email or write to Martin and I am sure he will be more than willing to help you out.

Thanks

Alex Alejandro
Thank you very much for these kind words Alex!

From what I have read I understood, that the concept of two apps is hard to understand. I have heared that a couple of times, so you are not alone!

At the beginning I was faced with the question, if I should integrate everything into one app or make Vision a separate tool (as I then did). Looking back it would have been probably easier for the users to have everything in one app. But logical wise (and from the handling), there are many reasons, why two apps make sense.

My main intention was, to make Vision available for other app developers, so that they can use Vision as if it would be integrated in their app (E.g. Marc Kerstein's CardTrack app). Vision can be called from another app, does its job and then returns with the captured data to the calling app. Everything I have developed so far for Vision is assembled in the Vision:Tricks app (Except SD-Poker, since this was available before Vision). But I have linked SD-Poker into Vision:Tricks, so that it can be opened with the current stack. (Due to this, it feels like as if it is integrated into Vision:Tricks)

Vision:Tricks is the central hub for everything around Vision. So this is the main app, which is opened when you want to do something (You don't have to open Vision manually anymore, once you have setup up everything). It will be always called from Vision:Tricks and then closed automatically. Just think of Vision as a tool.

There are many possibilities and settings. I tried to reduce/organize the possible settings dramatically with the new version 2.0. So the handling should be easier and it makes a lot of sense to start with Vision. Once you are familiar with Vision and its handling, you can continue to explore Vision:Tricks. From that point on, Vision can be seen as "only" a tool.

I made a little quick-start guide, which explains the concept and thinking behind it better. You can find it here:
https://www.vision-tricks.com/secret/first-steps/start-here/welcome.php

I hope this helps to understand. Otherwise please let me know - I'm happy to answer any questions!

Best regards & lots of fun with Vision
Martin
[quote]On Jan 25, 2019, Martin_Eisele wrote:
Hi,

Vision is a high-tech tool with lots of know how and thousands hours of development. Nothing else like this exists and it gives you unlimited possibilities.

A tool like this should cost > $1.000 (especially if you target such a small group of possible buyers). People complained before, that the extra tools and tricks in the Vision:Tricks app costs something extra. I can't add constantly new features and utilities without charging anything - especially if the price is "low".

Moving to a subscription sounded very fair to me. The users gets access to Vision on a very low price ($5 per month is like nothing for this). As mentioned, you do not get only access to all features of Vision, but also to every built in feature of Vision:Tricks. This subscription model allows me to continue working on Vision and its tools. Also it is a very fair way for the users to try out and experience the full feature set of Vision at no risk, since the subscription can be canceled every month.

I know, that subscriptions are not for everybody, and it is hard to please anybody. But if you think about, how many $ have you spent in your magicians career for stuff, which landed in the drawer and was not used anymore, I hope that you agree that this is really a bargain. Vision is a pro tool with great functionality.

I hope you understand now better. Please let me know if you have any questions, I'm happy to answer.
Martin

P.S. Peek on Apple Watch is already supported (in Vision:Tricks). Vision:Tricks is the 'main' application you should run. Vision is 'only used as a tool', which is called from Vision:Tricks. [/quote]

I have been doing magic for over 50 years.... so, while you are entitled to have a subscription model of charge whatever you like, I am sorry to say that I will pass. because I am not a professional who make significant dollars on performing...even though I do purchase many pricey effects and utilities.

Just so you understand, a working performer probably will you your app many times per month and the cost is insignificant. However, I will not use the app as frequently, so paying a subscription make no sense.

Sorry.... $60/year is no bargain in my humble opinion for a customer who will not use the app frequently...
If you decide to have a special for the original $69 for a one time fee, please publicize on the Café. Maybe next Black Friday....I'm in no rush :-)
Love the Idea of the App but the missing Cards displayed
are not readable for my Eyes. That's the Reason I'll wait
until this Issue will be corrected.

Otherwise a very good App
Martin just contacted me. Thank you Martin for the Great Service
you Provide.

this App is not Standalone. I installed Vision Tricks and Track Order.

Fantastic App. I will put in some time to understand all the Workings.

Thank you very much Martin for the Great Support you Provide

BTW: I have also Digital Force Bag. Both Apps are
Fantastic!!!