(Close Window)
Topic: Breakaway scissors
Anyone know of a source for these? I've looked around the web without success. Ideally in the UK?

Thanks!
I bought two pairs. One a locking 'Golden Fun Scissors",and one a break apart Golden.....from Supreme about 40 years ago. They were great. If you see a set on the used market, and, they are in working order, I would snatch them up. Edwin didn't MAKE them, but, someone in England did.
Bazar De Magica made a pair about 15 years ago that you may still be able to find. They were not so much breakaway as they were a falling blade as one blade would drop down. They weren't good for cutting though, just fyi. If you want to know more about them, pm me.
Just finding this thread again and noticed I forgot to add that Bazar also made a full set of four scissors for rope routines. A Falling Blade pair, a Cut No Cut pair, a Broken Blade pair (where the handles will open but the blades do not, and a Blades Away pair (where you can actually disconnect the blades when you hand them to the participant). I have all but the Blades Away pair, and they are really beautiful, real pairs of scissors. The Cut No Cut will actually cut rope too.
Bump. Still looking!
I should add: thank you for these replies which I somehow missed. Sorry! Ive got a huge stiff pair that I bought from international magic in London and theyre kinda ok but clunky. Id like something lighter but it may not exist.