(Close Window)
Topic: Mystic Crystals
Hello!

I present to you bizarrists: The Crystal.

This is a tool for the bizarre performer, psychic, serious mentalist, or metaphysical worker.

The Crystal can be used to demonstrate the transfer of thought or energy, to show the presence of a spirit, to convince someone they are hallucinating, or indicate the beginning of a ritual.

As shown in the demo video (see below), the change from clear to pink is gradual. It looks... well, like real magic. The color is much more vivid in person; the camera does not do it justice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss0BQBN6QNE

You can perform this surrounded, under scrutiny, and it can be handled and examined by the audience without anyone finding anything.

It can be held in your hand, their hand, set on a table, or on a cloth – it works by itself, while still under your control.

Each set includes:
– 2 specially made crystals
– A cloth for storage
– Instructions for use

Yes, it’s expensive – but it is also a scientific anomaly. The crystals will last years, and do not have a maximum number of “charges”. i.e.: they don’t need replacing.

If you have any questions, let me know!

Best,
Tom
What's expensive (how much)?
[quote]On Nov 30, 2017, afinemesh wrote:
What's expensive (how much)? [/quote]

They are $95 for a set. Sorry, I should have specified that in the previous post.

I'm going to see if I can get a better video of it tomorrow.

Here's the page with details, video, and purchase info: http://wanderingmagic.com/products/crystal

Tom
Interesting idea.
Message: Posted by: Philemon Vanderbeck (Nov 30, 2017 09:13PM)
Having bought one of these, I can say they are absolutely worth it! You'll immediately start figuring out clever ways on how it can be used.
Yeah, agree and great service and fast delivery too.
Just got my order in. Looking forward to playing with these!
As did I. Thoroughly intrigued.
Alrighty, only a couple sets left.
Any more available? Very interested.

Best :)
You would need to provide something extra to perform it indoors, good luck with that sitting on your couch! Which makes this impractical at best for interior performances. Thanks for mentioning it in the Ad Copy.

If "while still under your control" means, simply opening your hand? Again the ad copy is misleading.

To state in the instructions to not review this on the Café is ridiculous, when you used the Café to advertise it so poorly. FB at least you can delete it easy enough after if you are so concern with having it out there in the public. You even mention the words "Crystals... change from clear to pink", so it's super easy to find.

I ordered this on Nov 30th. Received an email "only" three days ago saying it would ship today. 18 days later!? Surprise! And why bother shipping a week before Christmas the worst time of the year? This is a joke right?

I don't believe anyone should take orders for a product, then go ahead and make it, only to ship it weeks later, without that being specifically stated upfront at time of payment.

I can't help but feel I was taken advantage of on several levels. Even if that was not the intention, that's clearly what happened.

Merry Christmas Spookies, and people wonder why this is a ghost town.
Darkness, you have been refunded.

TimonK, there is one set available, since I managed to get the package back before it left.

Darkness, if you have control of your hand, and the spectator's hand (which you should), then the change is under your control.

For anyone else looking at this, yes, there is a limitation. No, you should not be performing this while sitting on your couch - it's a tool to be reserved for special moments. But that doesn't matter, as it will not be sold to performers again.
You still haven't shipped it?? Ha, what a joke. And you want others to reward your bad service and product with their hard earned dollars?

And BTW, I wasn't being literal when I said perform it on your couch lol. Why didn't you disclose that you have to be in a suitable physical location or have extra setup not included. That it can't be performed anytime and place or as you now put it, "special moments". You're still not representing it fairly! So let me warn others for you.

No one needs you to misrepresent your ad copy then take almost three weeks to ship it, then pull the sale without contacting the customer first. This is how you do business? Like you have the holy grail and we should take this treatment just to have the privilege to own it? Thanks for the refund. I'm one of the lucky ones. I won't be buying from you again. Shame on you. Take your ball and go home then Tom. Please do us all a favor and don't sell to performers again if this is how you insist on doing it.

Your welcome.

Up to you Timon (or anyone else) if you wish to reward bad behavior.
As someone who purchased this weeks ago, if there is a big limitation to performing this indoors, I surely would have liked to know. My intention was to perform this indoors without some sort of impractical setup.

Any clarification would be appreciated. Thx
Well, you're clearly upset Darkness. I think it's understandable for Tom to refund your order considering it's extremely likely you wouldn't have been happy with it.

Personally, I like this item. I have used it in therapeutic settings. I haven't used it for performances, but I do know that the environmental restrictions are not so great that I couldn't find an easy solution to using it in a performance. It's not meant to be a "holy grail" that's performed at every gig - it's meant to be reserved for special circumstances, as so many bizarre items are.

Like a statue that can cry blood - this isn't something you'd use in every performance. It's a special item for special occasions.
You purchased it weeks ago too? And yes everyone would want to perform this indoors anytime anywhere (this is my main complaint). I don't know about you but I don't perform in the snow or rain. Did you not get the PDF three days ago or notice of it shipping?
And refund me he should lol. I'm not overly mad but my words may seem like it (I've spend more on less). How many times do we buy things where the ad copy is not forth coming? This really needs to stop. Tom should have spoke to me when he saw the post. Instead I got a paypal refund first, not an attempt to simply say sorry you feel that way. I don't need or expect an apology and in this case his customer service response was expected. I just want to tell others what happened. It's not about how I feel it's about communicating fairly. Which he did not do.
Usually I take these kinds of complaints with a grain of salt, but Darkness is also a creator, and I have purchased most of what he offers and everything, I mean EVERYTHING, was as described and shipped promptly. He talks the talk, but he most definitely walks the walk. So when he feels something is amiss, I take notice.
I had emailed Tom on Dec 1 about delivery and received a prompt reply the next day about the production run as well as two follow up emails from Tom on the status of the crystals. My gut feeling is that Tom is a straight up and honest person to do business with and would be surprised otherwise, but understand the concern given how people here have been burned by other vendors who never delivered.
I have replied (through PM) to everyone who has expressed concern about the limitation and/or wondering if something fishy is going on. Including Darkness.

The reason I mentioned in the instructions to not review this on the Café or elsewhere is: I don't want this idea to become popularized and receive attention from people who wish to reverse-engineering the thing and sell it to the general magic audience. It's not supposed to be used to "guess the color someone is thinking of", but that is exactly what will happen if a large company gets their hands on a method. They exist solely to make money, and these little rocks will sell like hotcakes until the next cash-machine comes along. Even if they don't figure out THE method, this kind of effect is well beyond the scope of most magic tricks, and considering how it is currently being used, I do not wish for it to become a "commonly known effect" (like the ID or Sven).

So I'd like to request that if anyone has questions or concerns, to please contact me privately (email, Café PM, Facebook PM, skype, or phone if you have my number).

And just so everyone knows, the reason I went ahead and refunded Darkness without contacting him first is this: When someone makes sarcastic or rude comments such as these:
- "good luck with that sitting on your couch"
- "Thanks for mentioning it in the Ad Copy"
- "you used the Café to advertise it so poorly"
- "18 days later!? Surprise!"
- "This is a joke right?"
- "Merry Christmas Spookies, and people wonder why this is a ghost town"

without actually owning/trying the product yet, or talking it over with the seller first, I can't help but think: "Hmm, this doesn't sound like the kind of person I want to do business with." If he had posted the same message, minus the snarky remarks, I definitely would have contacted him first to work out the kinks.

And then later comments such as these:
- "You still haven't shipped it?? Ha, what a joke"
- "Thanks for the refund. I'm one of the lucky ones."
- "Take your ball and go home then Tom."
- "Please do us all a favor and don't sell to performers again if this is how you insist on doing it."

aren't helping the situation.

I do way too much behind-the-scenes work for the magic community (for free) to take my ball and go home, so heads up: you will be seeing me on the court more often.

After reading Intrepid's comment, I understand that people here have been burned by other sellers. But as a general rule, let's try to not assume the worst about someone. I made that mistake by pulling the order before contacting Darkness.

Again, for the people who have bought this, if you have questions or concerns after reading the entire PDF, please contact me privately.

If, for whatever reason, I don't get back to you within 36 hours (wiggle room for time zones), then go ahead and call me out on the thread. I'm pretty sure there's only been 1 time when I didn't get back to someone promptly, and that's because I was helping some people clean up after a fire in their home. Otherwise, I get back to people usually the same day.

Tracking numbers will be sent out to all the buyers later today, along with a second document containing a performance application that I forgot to put in the first PDF.

Best,
Tom
Message: Posted by: Philemon Vanderbeck (Dec 19, 2017 09:13AM)
I use my crystal in my séance act, which is held indoors in dimly lit conditions. It wasn't too difficult to rig up the necessary set-up to make the crystal work. Granted, I'm using it in a slightly different way than originally presented.

And as I type these words, I realize that the crystal could also be used in conjunction with "cloud busting." You would naturally have the conditions necessary for the crystal to work by itself.

The crystal is a nifty little idea that each performer will need to figure out the right way to incorporate it into their act. It is not a "plug and play" device complete with a routine. Instead, you'll need to exercise a bit of creativity into adapting it for your needs. It is not a magic trick; it's an item you pull out for special occasions to create an unforgettable "impromptu" experience for a few participants.
[quote]On Dec 19, 2017, Philemon Vanderbeck wrote:
I use my crystal in my séance act, which is held indoors in dimly lit conditions. It wasn't too difficult to rig up the necessary set-up to make the crystal work. Granted, I'm using it in a slightly different way than originally presented.

And as I type these words, I realize that the crystal could also be used in conjunction with "cloud busting." You would naturally have the conditions necessary for the crystal to work by itself.

The crystal is a nifty little idea that each performer will need to figure out the right way to incorporate it into their act. It is not a "plug and play" device complete with a routine. Instead, you'll need to exercise a bit of creativity into adapting it for your needs. It is not a magic trick; it's an item you pull out for special occasions to create an unforgettable "impromptu" experience for a few participants. [/quote]
Excited to try this out. Per the USPS tracking number a mystical crystal should be in my hands by tomorrow night. An early Christmas gift for myself ;-)
I also appreciate all the additional and thoughtful handling tips Tom has added.
I made several of these for a gathering back in October - out in the woods, capturing spirits in crystals during the day, and communing with them at night. It was a good time.

So I've got a handful of these left over, ready to package and ship if anyone wants a set. http://wanderingmagic.com/products/crystal

As said in the previous posts, this is not something to be used at banquets, table-hopping, or for walk-around - it's a special moment effect, intended for the metaphysical worker/psychic and/or serious performer. Therapy, crystal healings, crystal readings, blessings, spirit summoning, etc., are the sorts of things this was designed for.

Tom Phoenix
And here's a video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss0BQBN6QNE

The color is much more vibrant in person. Once of these days I'll get a better camera.
I got a set last year and have cherished them ever since. Like Tom said, these are for special moments and I've effectively used them maybe 4 times...But every single use on its own was already worth far more than what these cost. Recommended!
[quote]On Dec 13, 2018, TimonK wrote:
I got a set last year and have cherished them ever since. Like Tom said, these are for special moments and I've effectively used them maybe 4 times...But every single use on its own was already worth far more than what these cost. Recommended! [/quote]

4 times in a year!? That's admirable. That's showing restraint. I've definitely used these more than 4 times this year.
Only busted them out when I felt there was a perfect moment for them - I don't think it was as much about restraint as it was about creating the right magic at the right time. Just to be clear to anyone reading, I love these rocks and would reorder them, even if the price were much higher, were I to ever lose them.
That being said, this may also be to do with me performing almost exclusively in theaters, so my standard performing situations don't really lend themselves for this effect - so for that reason too, they remain a special moments item to me.
Excuse the double posting.
Now that I think about it, I haven't used these much more than 4 times... only 10 or 11, though in different areas of the country. And yeah, they really are a special-moment item; it's one of those moments people never forget.

And there are 2 sets left.
1 set left.

These are kind of a pain to make in bulk, as it's tricky to get it just right, so I won't be making any more until at least next October.

http://wanderingmagic.com/products/crystal