(Close Window)
Topic: Control vs. Silent Assistant
Quite the unlucky timing. Opinions?

Control: http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=52841

Silent Assistant: http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=57793
Out of the two I would go for control since one is made by sansmind
I have an inkling that "Control" has more power. I already have devices that do the same thing, but I am picking up "Control" manically for the insights on the effects and I think it might be a more refined product than what I'm using now.
Save money and get PK Blista, it's more versatile and a LOT cheaper. New isn't always better.
There have been some questions to myself regarding Control with comparisons to Silent Assistant? Being one of the testers of Control and seeing it’s evolution I’d thought I’d give my opinion. I appreciate all the private messages on Control. This will be easier as I’m crazy busy.

Full Disclosure Darryl is a brother I’m lucky to benefit from his magical thinking.

Darryl Vanamburg has created an invisible Utility device that you will actually use.

After seeing the "silent assistant" video ... when you put the two side-by-side the "Control device" You can do more with Control.

It stays in position without the risk of it falling off and you can put your hands completely flat/open when using it. No fear of this falling off.

Control comes with an entire kit of usable props. Plus you can get in and out of control in a split second. Showing your hands completely empty. This has proven valuable to me when performing for the most skeptical individuals.

The quality manufactured items is second to none.
The in-depth instruction by Gregory Wilson will propel your magic forward. This will be fun to practice and only limited by your imagination.

Looking forward to 2018.
Mike
Hello all…Hope you’ve all enjoyed your Christmas and are getting ready for a great New year.

I/We Put so Much Time/R&D into all this…

Id like to clear the air after Sans Minds decided to release Silent Assistant “Following” the pre-release Of Control…

No surprise I found out Sans intended to release silent assistant months down the road …but changed their plan the moment they saw that the Control Pre-Order release took place. So For this I Do apologize for all the confusion between the two Releases.
For the record I would never do such a thing. That is not how I do business. I respect the magic community and have integrity. Control has my blood, sweat and tears. I believe you should be rewarded for hard work, time and Dedication on a worthy Product release like this. As well as go to the extent to obtain the Blessing from the first mover creator to go ahead with a similar release. This is not how they chose to operate… and it is frustrating to say the very least, to a point it makes me not want to share what I’m working on right now. I know I’m not the only one feeling this way. Thanks to all for the positive messages and support.

To Clarify the differences between the two for you all….
When designing “Control” the end vision of it was to allow the performer to create astonishing visual mind over matter type magical PK effects(Hence the hands of Power) for magicians and Mentalists alike.

The Goal was to allow the performer to start with actual empty hands..Then with in a very quick moment retrieve the very Powerful device with out the risk of it falling off.. and then execute the effect. Immediately after the effect - With-In literally a split second the performer is left With their Hands Completely Empty and Absolutely Clean.

—>Control is exactly that!!

1. Your Hands Are Truly Empty…Then Retrieve Device in real time secured into position.

2. Perform the Magical Feet…

3. Show the Hands Completely Empty right after.

The capabilities with this are extensive…The Watch stop, Rock Whirl, Bill/paper/Napkin Through Drinking Glass and Or coin or other items through glass Table surface etc is just a few of many favourite effects I like to perform with it.

Once retrieval of the Invisible device is executed…The Sure Strength & Power of the Custom Designed M****t is securely snugged into place allowing the hand to open flat with out the risk of it slipping off from your Hand.

The Gimmick is also Adjustable to fit snugged to ones Finger size

and Yes…You can Flash the Gimmick as well.

I wanted the device to be Strong to allow Great distance from the Items… which means you can manipulate objects from further away, from underneath a table, and really make it feel as if you aren’t coming anywhere near the object being manipulated etc…

This strength and Security certainly helps Make all the difference when it comes to maximizing the confidence in the performer to allow them to focus all energy on their performance and audience interaction…and less energy worrying about something screwing up and or getting caught out etc.

Aside from all Above…I really wanted to provide something that allowed No Limitations and to inspire personal creativity with this…And So We Put together an entire arsenal of routines, props, Gimmicks and Ideas to allow you the performer to get the most out of the Control System…I might add all the Material Provided and Taught By Gregory Wilson along with The Murphys Magic Team are of great Value as well.

Hope this has provided some level of clarification for you all.

Thank You and I Wish you all have a great 2018!!

Darryl Vanamburg
I'm very interested in getting into this sort of thing, so it does kind of suck that they both came out at the same time. However, from what I'm seeing, it looks like Control is a much more complete package for the beginner. Is there a US distributer of Control, or is it all in the UK?
[quote]On Dec 29, 2017, XaviumLord wrote:
I'm very interested in getting into this sort of thing, so it does kind of suck that they both came out at the same time. However, from what I'm seeing, it looks like Control is a much more complete package for the beginner. Is there a US distributer of Control, or is it all in the UK? [/quote]

I ordered mine from Penguin. Hocus Pocus probably has it too.
Wait ... Sans Minds did something shady? AGAIN?!? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.

The fact that people continue to do business with this company is so sad for the magic community as a whole. And yet, they do, so <sigh>
[quote]On Dec 29, 2017, bloodkin wrote:
I'm very interested in getting into this sort of thing, so it does kind of suck that they both came out at the same time. However, from what I'm seeing, it looks like Control is a much more complete package for the beginner. Is there a US distributer of Control, or is it all in the UK? [/quote]

I ordered mine from Penguin. Hocus Pocus probably has it too. [/quote]

Thanks for that. Would I be right in assuming that Control is a more logical step for beginners? Silent Assistant seems to only include the singular gimmick itself, but from what I'm reading, Control comes with a few other small things as well to really help get you started. If that's the case, my choice is pretty clear.

Some of the places in the US (probably more, but here are several) :

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S24345

https://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/product_detail.cfm?item=45528

https://www.magicandsuch.com/product/control-gimmicks-and-online-instructions-by-darryl-vanamburg/
Hello Xaviumlord

The Package Comes with an Arsenal of Stuff.

Darryl :-)
[quote]On Dec 29, 2017, mistifyed wrote:
Hello Xaviumlord

The Package Comes with an Arsenal of Stuff.

Darryl :-) [/quote]

Here I am trying not to spend more money, but this looks pretty interesting. You mentioned in another thread there's no finger palming necessary. One of the things that turned me off from other in-the-hands devices such as, say, Tarantula, is how unnatural you look with it. Silent Assistant seems to hold snug to you pretty well. If you've got a guarantee that I don't have to contort my hands/fingers into ungodly shapes to use Control, you'll win me completely over.

EDIT: oh, and is it easy to adjust to get that snug fit?
I'm just going to get them both. I'm sure there will be uses for both, 1 over the other at times eh ?

I ordered mine from Penguin. Hocus Pocus probably has it too. [/quote]

Thanks for that. Would I be right in assuming that Control is a more logical step for beginners? Silent Assistant seems to only include the singular gimmick itself, but from what I'm reading, Control comes with a few other small things as well to really help get you started. If that's the case, my choice is pretty clear. [/quote]

Yes. Especially if you are looking to do PK type effects. Although the bill through glass routine is killer. You could assemble your own materials fairly easily, but if you're starting out, having an all in one with the teaching to go along with it will give a huge jumpstart with this particular method.
Xavium I can absoultley guarantee you don't need to feel awkward with your hands.(no hand contorting.) It is with intelligent design to keep your hands looking natural and free of any trickery. You will be wearing Control and it stays secure. This has way more power than Silent Assistant. Plus the ability to have your hands complety empty and clean before and after any of the effects. No need to worry about cleaning up the gimmick like silent assistant. I have taken care of everything from the beginner/hobbyist to the working pro.

I have used this for the last few years with great success, it is easy and fun to perform.
And yes it is easy to adjust and get the snug fit.

Darryl
Alright, you win. Preorder placed through Penguin and looking forward to it :)
I don't know, so I ordered both. I'm attracted to these items.

I still don't see the issue with the ring. Plus I have worn one for decades (going back to Omega) and never ruined a credit card.

Also, I used to use The Bat when I needed a barehanded, quiet, change or vanish, and my hands were empty after the action.
[quote]On Dec 29, 2017, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
I don't know, so I ordered both. I'm attracted to these items.

I still don't see the issue with the ring. Plus I have worn one for decades (going back to Omega) and never ruined a credit card.

Also, I used to use The Bat when I needed a barehanded, quiet, change or vanish, and my hands were empty after the action. [/quote]

Hey Tony, how was your walk?

I still use my bat. Had to replace the fabric and also made a more powerful version. Great for wearing on your shoes.
Aren't both of these variations on Nick Night's Enigma from about 30 years ago?
[quote]On Dec 29, 2017, Ray Pierce wrote:
Aren't both of these variations on Nick Night's Enigma from about 30 years ago? [/quote]

Silent Assistant pretty much is a modified version. I'm hopping both credit him. I have gotten thousands of miles out of my Enigma.
Aren't both of these variations on Nick Night's Enigma from about 30 years ago? [/quote]

Hi Ray that definitely was a blast from the past as you know;) I have seen the Enigma gimmick so I'm familiar. Control is very different from Enigma. What I have created with Control gives you so much more than just putting a bill through a glass. I wanted to create a stealth device that you can retrieve in a moment's notice. Look at all the different routines/effects that is shown on the trailer.
I will say that from what I have seen silent assistant is more along the lines of an updated Enigma gimmick i.e. weaker m****t and having to bend or contort your fingers to hold it in place.
Darryl

Silent Assistant pretty much is a modified version. I'm hopping both credit him. I have gotten thousands of miles out of my Enigma. [/quote]

Bloodkin
for sure Greg Wilson gives Nick a shout out during the teaching of bill through glass routine.
Darryl
[b]Off Topic[/b]

I have most of these gizmos or have seen them physically. Here are my 2 tiny little loonies:-

Irrespective of the shape of magnet used, almost all these gizmos (that I have seen) have a curved shaped contact area (the place/spot where an object is made to stick/adhere). Please keep in mind that any curved surface, due to its shape, makes a point/line contact. Whereas a flat surface has a greater contact area.

When using magnets, irrespective of the strength of the magnet the contact surface area plays a very important and vital role. Let's take the case of a magnet ring. Due to its inherent round (cylindrical) shape and with or without a rounded outer surface, makes a point or a line contact with the object it holds. Thus the holding power of a magnet ring will be many times lesser than that of a tiny flat disc magnet of the same strength just because of their difference in contact surface area.

For magic purpose which need holding of a flat surface object (like metal bottle caps, steel coins etc.) I use a simple disc magnet 8mm dia x 2.5mm thick - N40/50 grade (Magnetized through the thickness) hidden under a Band-Aid. This tiny magnet has a much stronger holding power than a magnet ring of the same strength. In case you don't like the idea of using a Band-Aid, you might like to checkout Hank Morfin's 'Any Ring PK Gimmick'. Hank Morfin's 'Any Ring PK Gimmick' will solve most similar problems encountered. With the Any PK Ring Gimmick you will be able to select and use a magnet of appropriate size and strength. Also the Morfin's gimmick can be easily attached & detached.

[b]Damping Of Sound[/b] - When a magnet attracts an object.

For this you need to apply a thick coat of matt finish Plasti Dip rubber coating. This does two things - Firstly it helps in dampening the noise when an item is attracted to the magnet. Secondly it slightly reduces the magnetic force of attraction thus making it easy to retrieve the item stuck to the magnet. Plasti-Dip also comes with five specially formulated tints. When combined in various proportions & combinations it can provide thousands of color possibilities. One can even coat a PK Ring or any other type of magnet (that requires sound dampening as well as color camouflage) with the color of one’s choice. The rubber compound can be put to many other uses.

Hope this helps! :)

[b]Back on topic please . . . and please continue . . .[/b] ;)

:xmas:
[quote]On Dec 29, 2017, mistifyed wrote:

Silent Assistant pretty much is a modified version. I'm hopping both credit him. I have gotten thousands of miles out of my Enigma. [/quote]

Never doubted he would. Can't wait to start using this!

Bloodkin
for sure Greg Wilson gives Nick a shout out during the teaching of bill through glass routine.
Darryl [/quote]
Control it is for me. I have never been let down by Vanamburg. Sandsmind let down more than a few times.
I just purchased Silent Assistant. I will admit that I was a little leery, because it is a Sansminds product. However, I was very pleasantly surprised! I'm really impressed with the look, feel, and strength of the gimmick. This will certainly be replacing my P.K. ring for many of my routines. I cannot speak about Control, as I have not had a chance to check one out, but I'm curious to read other's opinions of it.
Thanks Brian. To be honest, I would like to see a comparison of the two. If the differences are meaningful enough, I'm going to purchase both of them, I love PK effects so much.
Silent Assistant, was first presented by Penn Jillette under the name Teller.I hope sansmind gives him credit for the original. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
[quote]On Jan 1, 2018, Glenn Watson wrote:
Silent Assistant, was first presented by Penn Jillette under the name Teller.I hope sansmind gives him credit for the original. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: [/quote]

That.
Was.
Horrible.
I joke! I joke!

Happy New Year!
I just wonder why Control is aiming only telekinesis kinda effects in the ad and Silent Assistant only vanishes and changes!?

Aren't vanishes possible with Control and will PK effects not work with Silent Assistant?!
Isn't this just the same as Event Horizon by Hand Crafted Miracles?

Ah well...
I definitely want to pick one of these up..but which one ?????
I love to vanish and reappear items and I love some PK effects, I think the vanishes are more magical than having the ability to move objects with your mind so I want the one that will best for walkround......any one got any views or recommendations. Also do any of these 2 effects come with shimmed coins etc ?
Thank in advance
[quote]On Jan 3, 2018, AceFace wrote:
I definitely want to pick one of these up..but which one ?????
I love to vanish and reappear items and I love some PK effects, I think the vanishes are more magical than having the ability to move objects with your mind so I want the one that will best for walkround......any one got any views or recommendations. Also do any of these 2 effects come with shimmed coins etc ?
Thank in advance [/quote]

Same here - what I need to know is if the Control gimmick is as low profile as the SA as I'd rather go with that one even at the higher price because it is by Darryl V....But if it's anything like the Movemint one it would be way too bulky and pronounced for what I intend on using it for even if it is stronger.

BTW I really don't like Sansmind exposing of the product for all to see (not really an issue here but the demo can be seen by anyone on Youtube or browsing magic sales websites inc. Penguin, MM, etc.) and think it should be edited to remove the actual goods. No reason to be so blatant about it. I've emailed them my concerns but doubt anything will come of it.
Here is the email I sent to Sansmind:

"Hi,

I appreciate the fact that you provide this gimmick and have gone through the trouble of having it produced and available for working magicians. It seems like a great utility....but one whose "operation" should be closely guarded. Therefore, I have a real concern about your demo video of it where the method is totally exposed....in fact, ADVERTISED.

While I know you are probably targeting magicians as your prime customers, the problem is anyone can view this video on magic seller websites or even find it on YouTube. Exposing such a well conceived idea to laymen or nosy internet browsers dies nothing but hurt the product and potentially tips the secret even without looking for it to anyone who views the video. In fact, there are already comments on the YouTube vids with people saying "Thanks for saving me the $$...I'll make my own" and others who mention it just being a Sanada gimmick with a magnet. Could they maybe have guessed that...yes.....but putting it out there on your actual product video confirms it and leaves no question about the method, which I assume will hurt the sales of it and affect your bottom line.

Please consider editing out the brief visual of the actual "works" and instead let people wonder and/or have to order it to be privy to the method. Thanks."

"BTW....here is one of the YouTube links....read the comments."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11xve0fI524
While exposure might lose some sales, it's not the only outcome. It also *produces* some sales, since there are people who were on the fence - particularly because they didn't know what was included and how much it overlapped with something they already owned.

By clearly outlining what the product is, those people get a clear answer, and can make a more informed decision to purchase the item, knowing they'll be satisfied. I believe the same thing happened with Jeff Copeland's Blackbirds.

Most things are more nuanced than you might at first think.

I read some of those youtube comments, but I'm not sure which ones you were referring to. Many seemed to be from teenagers who probably wouldn't have purchased it in the first place, if it wasn't exposed. So it's not really a lost sale there, either.
I just received Silent Assistant. I like it. It is well made and does what it is supposed to do. It fits nciely on my ring finger. The 1 hour and 5 minute video instruction is detailed and comprehensive covering all you need to know on how to put on and ditch the gimmick, use the gimmick and various routines including changing different items into another item, a nice chop cup type routien using a small paper catsup cup, and a cap in bottle routine. Silent Assistant comes with three (3) "assistants" for you to gimmick items. I also ordered COntrol, but have not received it yet so cannot compare the two utitily items.

Michael
[quote]On Jan 5, 2018, magicinsight wrote:
I just received Silent Assistant. I like it. It is well made and does what it is supposed to do. It fits nciely on my ring finger. The 1 hour and 5 minute video instruction is detailed and comprehensive covering all you need to know on how to put on and ditch the gimmick, use the gimmick and various routines including changing different items into another item, a nice chop cup type routien using a small paper catsup cup, and a cap in bottle routine. Silent Assistant comes with three (3) "assistants" for you to gimmick items. I also ordered COntrol, but have not received it yet so cannot compare the two utitily items.

Michael [/quote]

Thanks for that Michael.....please do post a comparison or pro/con of each when you have time to have worked with both....If these are different enough or more suited to one effect vs another I may do just as you have and order both.
Thanks and yes plese do post a comparison. How silent is the silent assistant when vanishing a coin with a wave of the hand? Could you do it one on one with someone in a pretty quiet room?
Luckyram, what you say doesn't make sense to me. It looks as if you think layman know about the tools we are using, the kind, of their name. And furthermore, going by your own logic, your post should be deleted too because you use key words like "s*n*d*" and "m*gn*ts" which are searchable.

If someone finds this thread, this guy is very unlikely to be a non-magician. Also, I've never heard of anyone reporting "The spectator knew how I have vanished the coin, he said he found the Raven on Penguin Magic". When someone knew how one of my effect is done, it is because of exposure from their close relatives. The last one I've heard is "I knew you had a th*mb with a p*ncil lead on it, to write your prediction, because my father used to do that to me". Another one, also recently, after I've done Nightcrawler, yet a totally ungimmicked effect, I hear "Are your ring normal ? I know there is out there a ring that can *pen" and when I ask her (she was probably 5 yrs old) about how she knew that, she told me it's his little brother who owns some magic tools. Still another one is "I know your effect, you cause the card to jump to the top, here's how it's done" and she was telling the others how it's done, and she was right. Then she said, "I know that because my little brother does some magic as well".

In my opinion, this is kind of hysterical.

magicinsight, thanks in advance for your review of Control. I'm pretty sure I'm going to purchase at least one of these tools.
[quote]On Jan 5, 2018, mh1001 wrote:
Luckyram, what you say doesn't make sense to me. It looks as if you think layman know about the tools we are using, the kind, of their name. And furthermore, going by your own logic, your post should be deleted too because you use key words like "s*n*d*" and "m*gn*ts" which are searchable.

If someone finds this thread, this guy is very unlikely to be a non-magician. Also, I've never heard of anyone reporting "The spectator knew how I have vanished the coin, he said he found the Raven on Penguin Magic". When someone knew how one of my effect is done, it is because of exposure from their close relatives. The last one I've heard is "I knew you had a th*mb with a p*ncil lead on it, to write your prediction, because my father used to do that to me". Another one, also recently, after I've done Nightcrawler, yet a totally ungimmicked effect, I hear "Are your ring normal ? I know there is out there a ring that can *pen" and when I ask her (she was probably 5 yrs old) about how she knew that, she told me it's his little brother who owns some magic tools. Still another one is "I know your effect, you cause the card to jump to the top, here's how it's done" and she was telling the others how it's done, and she was right. Then she said, "I know that because my little brother does some magic as well".

In my opinion, this is kind of hysterical.[/quote]

Huh??....I wasn't referring to a non-magician coming upon the thread here.....I highly doubt it, which is why many similar things are discussed freely as this is more a private club and I don't think laymen or people looking for exposure are primarily coming here for info (nor might they know the actual name of the effect to look up)...I don't see many comments or input from those not "in the know". Could there be lurker laymen perusing this site for info?....yes, but I think that would be a rarity here. YouTube is another matter, however. Anyone could easily see this product vid pop up as a sidebar "related video" if looking up a coin vanish, etc. They might be totally unaware of such a gimmick but by viewing the video would now know and be able to blab about or expose the method. And the part about me using the "m" word, etc.....I refrained from using it in my posts here but unfortunately did not block it out when I copied and pasted my text of email to Sansmind. Keep in mind my mention of it was via a quote from an actual YouTube comment where a poster mentioned the Sanada item as well as others who blatantly called out it's workings. While I should have redacted it here I have no doubt 99.9% of us on MC reading these threads know of or could pretty much guess the method if not describe the actual item....reading the majority of posts & questions about this effect alludes to that. IMO the much more valid & greater concern is those not in the magic community coming upon it on YouTube or otherwise.
Ok, but this is what you say here :

"Exposing such a well conceived idea to laymen or nosy internet browsers dies nothing but hurt the product and potentially tips the secret even without looking for it to anyone who views the video."

You were not talking about magicians. Laymen, at least some of them (and I suspect, a minority of them) will google some key words, such as "how to v*nish a c*in in spectator's hand" and they look for a youtube video. These guys are too lazy to actually put the time to read a thread like this one. But they will not type things like "Raven ... blablabla".

About the guy mentioning Sanada, well of course, SansMinds could have deleted this comment. Even if they didn't, only magicians watch SansMinds Youtube Videos. And if some feel smart to actually construct the gimmick themselves, they can try. If SA is as good as advertised, in its construction and workings, it's unlikely that the homemade gimmick of these magicians will even match SA in terms of reliability. A big waste of time and money, which could and should have been invested in the real, professional product.

I wouldn't bother with the advertisement. There's no need to.
[quote]On Jan 5, 2018, mh1001 wrote:
Ok, but this is what you say here :

"Exposing such a well conceived idea to laymen or nosy internet browsers dies nothing but hurt the product and potentially tips the secret even without looking for it to anyone who views the video."

You were not talking about magicians. Laymen, at least some of them (and I suspect, a minority of them) will google some key words, such as "how to v*nish a c*in in spectator's hand" and they look for a youtube video. These guys are too lazy to actually put the time to read a thread like this one. But they will not type things like "Raven ... blablabla".

About the guy mentioning Sanada, well of course, SansMinds could have deleted this comment. Even if they didn't, only magicians watch SansMinds Youtube Videos. And if some feel smart to actually construct the gimmick themselves, they can try. If SA is as good as advertised, in its construction and workings, it's unlikely that the homemade gimmick of these magicians will even match SA in terms of reliability. A big waste of time and money, which could and should have been invested in the real, professional product.

I wouldn't bother with the advertisement. There's no need to. [/quote]

"it's unlikely that the homemade gimmick of these magicians will even match SA in terms of reliability." Exactly....but by exposing the exact item in the product vid it will lead to some attempting to make a poorly constructed gimmick or half azzed version that will ruin it or cheapen the impact of the real item.

You say I was not talking about magicians???...No, I wasn't...I was always referring to laymen coming upon the secret easily from the demo vid....not sure what your point is there.

I just put in "coin vanish gimmick" as a YouTube search and SA turned up...not sure if it's because of my recent history or not but it did show so I assume it can come up to anyone even not looking for it.

No offense...I don't know if you're just being argumentative for argument's sake but I don't get why you have an issue with my concerns or attempts to have SansMind think better of what they did. Where's the harm?? Wouldn't any practicing magician be against purposeful exposure by a magician/magic retailer esp. when it really wasn't needed?....(we ALL here knew pretty much what the method was). The exposing of the item did little to garner interest or excitement about the product....in fact, take that few seconds out (where actual item is exposed) and IMO the demo becomes more interesting, protects the secret, and does nothing but make the desire to purchase it even greater.
I actually admire SM for a no BS trailer.
They show you exactly what you are buying.
Luckyram, You claimed earlier (and I quoted you) that SM exposes the secret for laymen, then I answered that laymen will not type keywords like "SansMinds", "gimmick", "Silent Assistant" etc. Even now you continue to assume that laymen will find these videos so easily by knowing exactly where to look for, what key words they should type for these to come up. Sorry but that doesn't make sense at all...

And as reignofsound said, they show you what you buy, they are at least honest about it. Your post initially was about fear of exposure to laymen, not to magicians. Then, that is a non-issue.
I agree I am glad Sans Mind is showing what you receive as well. To many times we purchase something and then get it and complain about it.
At least we know what we are buying this way.
So Sansminds finally shows the exact gimmick and now someone is complaining about that too? Lmao, This is why you can’t please everybody and really shouldn’t even try.
Back on track. Any reviews or comparisons yet?
Hi, here is my review of Silent Assistant:

-

Already made my own version of this ages ago using thumb tip material and magnet, but never replaced my PK Ring. This won't either I'm afraid.
I knew what I was getting of course but still hoped this would have been better than it is.

Fits okay, but seriously, the skin colour is WAY off to my own, which is AVERAGE caucasian white. This is obviously made to match the skin colour of an asian person. It's just annoyingly a few tones too dark. If it was just a bit lighter it would be so much better.

It looks like a brown plaster / band aid. There's no way you'll want ANYONE looking at your hand. A brief flash yes... it'd dissapointing. I thought it would hold up to a little more scrutiny.

The magnet is nowhere near as strong as I was hoping. I'd say 60 percent that of a PK ring.

Oh, and it's NOWHERE NEAR SILENT. The 'ping' nice has gone, but now you're left with a THUD instead. I'd say it's 50 percent quiet, if that. So why is it called SILENT assistant if it is not silent. IT is not silent. Nowhere near. Probably impossible to achieve... but why say it??

This thing might have some uses, for dissapearing shells etc, or youtube videos, but it is Definitely, by no means a replacement for a PK ring and never will be.

Overall: 5/10,

More of a MEH assistant.

Don't know if Control is any better or not.
I have read a moment ago in a french forum, a guy who likes it a lot, and he says it's silent. Well, I guess not everyone agrees on the definition of "silent". If you mean, performing in a library, this is not relevant. It would make more sense, if the silent aspect of SA applies to situation where there is a least some few noises (I obviously [i]don't mean[/i] the usual big noise in a restaurant). About the strength now, I don't know, I will wait other reviews. The reason why I would buy this or Control is to do PK effects, not coin vanishes (at least this will not be my main use). About skin color indeed, they should have provided several options for different skin tones.
Regarding the finish, wouldn't it be possible to get a near match flesh tone paint closer to your own and paint the outside? Also, someone on one of their posts mentioned using a rubberized type paint to deal with noise issues, although I'm not sure how that might affect the strength.

That's why Darryl V.'s stuff is prime...everything is well thought out..if you have Movemint you'll know what I mean as with that effect you are given options regarding skin color/tone. I haven't received Control yet but maybe Darryl can chime in and advise whether the same option is included with Control.
[quote]I just put in "coin vanish gimmick" as a YouTube search and SA turned up...not sure if it's because of my recent history or not but it did show so I assume it can come up to anyone even not looking for it. [/quote]

That's 99% your search history. I just tried in an incognito window, and I got mostly retention-type "how to vanish a coin" videos, along with a couple for the raven/gecko.

Laymen are much less likely to stumble across it by accident. I still appreciate their candor and upfrontness about what you're getting. But you can't satisfy everyone.
[quote]On Jan 6, 2018, mh1001 wrote:
I have read a moment ago in a french forum, a guy who likes it a lot, and he says it's silent. Well, I guess not everyone agrees on the definition of "silent". If you mean, performing in a library, this is not relevant. It would make more sense, if the silent aspect of SA applies to situation where there is a least some few noises (I obviously [i]don't mean[/i] the usual big noise in a restaurant). About the strength now, I don't know, I will wait other reviews. The reason why I would buy this or Control is to do PK effects, not coin vanishes (at least this will not be my main use). About skin color indeed, they should have provided several options for different skin tones. [/quote]

Hello all....

Vanishes including perfectly silent wave vanish is possible with some of the items in the package.
You can apply some items to other objects such as a coin...with a continuos wave motion of your Palm up hands..the stone, coin, or guitar pick is vanished with zero sound and all cleaned up empty hands in a simple beat with the extra something included in the package.

This is also very strong that is targeted towards pk type effects...with a bit of creativity many other effects are possible...including an instant visual clap vanish off specs hands by means of your hand clapping down on specs hands and vanish executed(simple clean up empty hands in one beat)

LUCKYRAM
Yes, customizing the gimmick to ones hand tone is covered in the instructional.

It is vey Durable and many times more powerful than SA and is secured into place allowing you not to worry about if falling off.

Thanks all.

Darryl :)
Can this do instant vanishes be unseen and rung in and out
with ease ? I am more for changes than pk effects although I love the haunted card regards Tarik :)
[quote]On Jan 6, 2018, Tarik Flash wrote:
Can this do instant vanishes be unseen and rung in and out
with ease ? I am more for changes than pk effects although I love the haunted card regards Tarik :) [/quote]

Yes...I believe there is also more info through-out this thread on this question.

Darryl :-)
Ok thanks Darryl just purchased it 🙂
There have been more questions asked on comparisons between Control and Silent Assistant.

Instead of answering all the questions one at a time, I visited with Darryl this past weekend and asked him if we could film him performing some quick visuals with control for you all and he Agreed.
This is more of bonus for you along with some Strong Clear Clarification for you all.

I must say Seeing Darryl do this infront of me was so clean and visual with absolutely No clunk are thud sounds. I might add, Darryl performed some of these effects for me one on one in a perfectly silent room as well. was Perfectly Silent.

Someone mentioned that Silent Assistant has an obvious loud thud sound and other issues. With Darryls Mod that he has allowed me to share with the magic community-->There is absolutely No clunk or thud sounds.

Here Is the Unlisted Youtube Link of the Cool Looking Visuals.
https://youtu.be/5lG8hpckMfY

The Camera does not do it justice in my honest opinion. But you Really can do Everything that "silent assistant" allows and SO much more.

Darryl Has agreed to provide the mod details and an Image... but he explained that he cannot provide detailed photos of the mod applied to the gimmick due to Exposure reasons.

Mod details: (Note - this Bonus stuff is not included on the instructional, But is very simple to do)

-Flesh/Skin colored felt from fabric store or walmart etc.
-Double sided Carpet tape for bond strength(apply to a 2" X 2" square flesh colored felt)
-Then Cut Felt to Size in Image below-->then apply flesh colored felt strip to bottom of control gimmick in centre bottom down middle end to end.
-Apply carpet tape to a steel shim disc that is aprox the size of a quarter and .003" thick--->Stick into your Coin Sh*LL((The shim Darryl Uses is called PRECISION BRAND STEEL SHIM IN GREEN BOX) .003 thickness available anywhere online(Google search Precision Brand Shim)

The Quick get ready and clean up of the main Control gimmick works exactly the same with the extra something in the control kit when Utilizing Darryls Mod.
Simply Follow the Steps above.

that's It...Your Gimmick is ready to perform vanishes, transformations, Changes etc Simply peel the flesh colored felt strip off When Wanting to perform PK Effects etc.

Thanks all

Mike
Ok to clarify once I receive this do I have to make this up myself or is this to make a spare or tidy up when wearing out etc ? Or is it a diy project from the start ? Best wishes Tarik 🙂
Bought both, still waiting for Control. Very pleased with SA so far. Instruction covers all details, matching the color to skin tone and how to adjust the magnetic strength to make it silent for the object you work with.

Did coin visual change in my last gig all night. Feels like real magic to show both hands empty lol. No clink when it picks up the shell. I'm so happy as I've always wanted to do this with my PK ring. Worth every penny for me. Can't wait to receive Control and play with it..
[quote]On Jan 9, 2018, Tarik Flash wrote:
Ok to clarify once I receive this do I have to make this up myself or is this to make a spare or tidy up when wearing out etc ? Or is it a diy project from the start ? Best wishes Tarik 🙂 [/quote]

Hello Tarik

As Noted, this is an added bonus From Darryl as a diy. It is Very simple to do.

This is for all the performers that really like to do changes, transformations, vanishes etc with coins and other items that have Control.

There are many that cannot afford to buy both and are looking for further clarification. And so Darryl has provided insightful clarification for all, as well as provided his simple Control Mod.

This is also to Clarify exactly what Control is capable of that it can do all this and much more, as it has the needed Strength to perform PK effects, penetrations etc as well as the changes, transformations, vanishes with other items etc.

Thanks

Mike
Ok Mike so when I receive it I take the instructions from the your Café post above to
make it up ? Will once I have made like this will it still be able to do all the other effects or is a kind of secondary gimmick I will be making or just adapting the first so it does everything ? Best wishes Tarik 🙂
Ok Mike so when I receive it I take the instructions from the your Café post above to
make it up ? Will once I have made like this will it still be able to do all the other effects or is a kind of secondary gimmick I will be making or just adapting the first so it does everything ? Best wishes Tarik 🙂 [/quote]

If you want to do vanishes and transformations, you have the fabric taped onto the Control gimmick. If you want to do the PK effects, you just have it off. Really, the mod is just a specially cut piece of fabric with tape. Not that that discredits it! I actually gave it a go last night, and I did find a bit of an issue. The dimensions provided for the fabric are correct, but I found that around 50% of the time I would do a vanish, the coin would clink directly onto the gimmick before settling on the fabric part, thus making a noise. I've made my fabric cut a lot wider, personally, to try to alleviate this.
[quote]On Jan 9, 2018, AaronishMagic wrote:
Bought both, still waiting for Control. Very pleased with SA so far. Instruction covers all details, matching the color to skin tone and how to adjust the magnetic strength to make it silent for the object you work with.

Did coin visual change in my last gig all night. Feels like real magic to show both hands empty lol. No clink when it picks up the shell. I'm so happy as I've always wanted to do this with my PK ring. Worth every penny for me. Can't wait to receive Control and play with it.. [/quote]

I to am waiting for control to arrive. Excited to say the least, By the sounds of what Others are saying it looks like Control can do Everything SA can do And A lot More.

Strange to hear your experience with SA, I have had the exact opposite experience, and have really worked it, I am not Incapable by all means and I have great knowledge on how stuff should and should not work.

Glad it is working for you, but It is Useless for me. Placed in the "Non-Usable Item Drawer" LOL
[quote]On Jan 9, 2018, XaviumLord wrote:
make it up ? Will once I have made like this will it still be able to do all the other effects or is a kind of secondary gimmick I will be making or just adapting the first so it does everything ? Best wishes Tarik 🙂 [/quote]

If you want to do vanishes and transformations, you have the fabric taped onto the Control gimmick. If you want to do the PK effects, you just have it off. Really, the mod is just a specially cut piece of fabric with tape. Not that that discredits it! I actually gave it a go last night, and I did find a bit of an issue. The dimensions provided for the fabric are correct, but I found that around 50% of the time I would do a vanish, the coin would clink directly onto the gimmick before settling on the fabric part, thus making a noise. I've made my fabric cut a lot wider, personally, to try to alleviate this. [/quote]

Hello Xavium

Darryl Explained to INSURE to use .003 thickness and the shim to be placed in centre of Sh@#L and that It works 100% every time.

Shim disc is to be no Larger than a US quarter and .003 thickness Darryl also mention .005 thickness shim works well aprox diameter is size of US quarter.

Xavium
Can you explain what you had done and what diameter and thickness of shim you used exactly - so that all get this correct. and if you are using a Sh@#L ?

A normal steel coin will Make a Clink Sound do to the amount of Solid steel material inside it.

Thanks

Mike

Really comes down to your Preference. Can leave it in Mod state and perform the PK effects just the same. Or Revert back to Pre-Mod state.

Mike :-)
Technically, they were just tests with the size of the fabric. I was actually using proper coins for this. My main intention was to pick up a shim sh**l quarter. Figured that would work just as well as taking a sh**l and sticking my own shim in it, yeah?

If you want to do vanishes and transformations, you have the fabric taped onto the Control gimmick. If you want to do the PK effects, you just have it off. Really, the mod is just a specially cut piece of fabric with tape. Not that that discredits it! I actually gave it a go last night, and I did find a bit of an issue. The dimensions provided for the fabric are correct, but I found that around 50% of the time I would do a vanish, the coin would clink directly onto the gimmick before settling on the fabric part, thus making a noise. I've made my fabric cut a lot wider, personally, to try to alleviate this. [/quote]

Correction:

Darryl Says to Use only .003" shim disc the Size of US quarter---And Not .005" thick shim disc.

Experimenting with a .003" shim disc around the size of a nickel and or a Penny sized disc is always worth a try as well to perfect anything.

thanks

Mike
No good deed goes unpunished
Thanks Mike regards Tarik 🙂
Technically, they were just tests with the size of the fabric. I was actually using proper coins for this. My main intention was to pick up a shim sh**l quarter. Figured that would work just as well as taking a sh**l and sticking my own shim in it, yeah? [/quote]

OK, to clarify, you were using a normal magnetic coin and Not A Sh@LL? (as a Sh@LL with Noted Shim Size is recommended by Darryl) Just need clarify to eliminate confusion between using reel steel coins VS using Shim and Sh@#L

thanks Xavium

Mike
[quote]On Jan 9, 2018, magicmike30 wrote:
Technically, they were just tests with the size of the fabric. I was actually using proper coins for this. My main intention was to pick up a shim sh**l quarter. Figured that would work just as well as taking a sh**l and sticking my own shim in it, yeah? [/quote]

OK, to clarify, you were using a normal magnetic coin and Not A Sh@LL? (as a Sh@LL with Noted Shim Size is recommended by Darryl) Just need clarify to eliminate confusion between using reel steel coins VS using Shim and Sh@#L

thanks Xavium

Mike [/quote]

I was using a coin with a very thin magnet attached as a means to test the fabric, so no, was not using a sh**l. The intent was to see if the type of fabric I already had would cover up extreme noises. I was then looking into getting shim s**ll quarter or something from VI.
[quote]On Jan 9, 2018, magicmike30 wrote:

thanks Xavium

Mike [/quote]

I was using a coin with a very thin magnet attached as a means to test the fabric, so no, was not using a sh**l. The intent was to see if the type of fabric I already had would cover up extreme noises. I was then looking into getting shim s**ll quarter or something from VI. [/quote]

Thanks for Clarifying Xavium.

Please, all Follow the Mod details for best Maximum results.

Darryl Tells me the felt he uses is also A Dense Felt. A bit more stiff and little thicker than standard craft felt, Ill Have the proper dense felt noted here soon for all.

You could always double up the flesh colored craft felt and stick together with the double sided carpet tape and flatten a bit before cutting out your felt strip.

Looking forward to the specifics of the dense felt.
So the shim is .005" thick? I think there was a typo in your correction Mike.
I could be wrong. Cheers
[quote]On Jan 9, 2018, pelicantrapper wrote:
I could be wrong. Cheers [/quote]

It's 0.003". He says to NOT use the .005. Interestingly, I couldn't find any shim discs on the brand website that was mentioned. Hmm.
[quote]On Jan 9, 2018, pelicantrapper wrote:
I could be wrong. Cheers [/quote]

It's 0.003". He says to NOT use the .005. Interestingly, I couldn't find any shim discs on the brand website that was mentioned. Hmm. [/quote]

Hello again :)

.003" is the thickness to use.

Here is a link:
https://precisionbrand.com/products/0-003-steel-shim-stock-6-x-100-roll/
Note--The link shows .007" pictured, but read description-They supply .003" as well. I think they go down to .001" as well.

Click on the drop down menu of page.

Then click "Distributor Locator" to locate nearest Distributor near you to either walk in and pick up, or order online.

If your nearest distributor does not carry .003" inch thickness steel shim.
They can order it in for you.

You want the steel shim in "Green Box"

Mike
Both products showed up in the Wizard Product Review today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLbM4SXdyT8&t=726s
Topic starts at 4:50

[quote]On Jan 10, 2018, XaviumLord wrote:
Both products showed up in the Wizard Product Review today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLbM4SXdyT8&t=726s [/quote]
Pretty scathing review. To say they hated both products seems an understatement.
Yeah, I didn't really expect it to be that brutal.
Glad I watched that today.
Saved me some cash.
Will stick with my Raven
I don't get it. If one wants to do PK animations, just stick with the Pro PK (aka go buy yourself that small brick of you know what for like less than half the price that these things cost) and if you want to do vanishes or changes, get a Raven.

If you want to do the chop cup stuff, good ole PK ring.
Unless of course you have reasons not to want to use a PK ring (for which there are various), and want to perform in short sleeves.

What's wrong with having options?

[quote]On Jan 10, 2018, kissdadookie wrote:
I don't get it. If one wants to do PK animations, just stick with the Pro PK (aka go buy yourself that small brick of you know what for like less than half the price that these things cost) and if you want to do vanishes or changes, get a Raven.

If you want to do the chop cup stuff, good ole PK ring. [/quote]
[quote]On Jan 10, 2018, lumberjohn wrote:
Pretty scathing review. To say they hated both products seems an understatement. [/quote]

Have to agree. Totally biased Reviews.

Seems those wizard guys simply have it out for Silent assistant and control and really comes off like they both put a negative review to protect Nick night more than show concearn for the actual review of the product as I just received this today and all I can say is How could anyone NOT like this thing. I feel wizard really loosing their integrity these days with new product reviews, almost like an attack toward the creators of both effects. Then the whole “I wonder if nick night has contacted these people” - - lol so sad really

Now after all that being said, I have not had a chance to watch the instructional or work with Control just yet. I plan to tomorrow or over the weekend.

But my first impression from pulling out the main gimmick is “very impressed” not to mention all the very well made extras in the kit.

Main gimmick is very cool and very well thought out. can’t wait to start working with it.

Will post review after weekend hopefully.

Cheers
I feel like a lot of their complaints were directed at the instructional video. Honestly speaking, I kind of agree with them in that I also lack some confidence in a few of the routines taught. Some of them seem very obvious. But, you gotta think outside the box. You can do all this PK ring stuff with something more invisible now. No way I'd ever use a PK ring, because THAT'S beyond obvious as well. I'll take the gimmick I can take on and off in a moment's notice AND stay hidden, thanks.
Rather than not believe in the product, I felt genuinely connected to Greg Wilson during his explanations of Control and appreciated the genuine struggles that come with presenting the effect. It was just an angles thing with the bottle trick. From the side and presentational skills, Controlling the tide of the water in a bottle was pretty Impressive I thought imho. The only thing I think I would like about the silent assistant which I don’t own is that it would be more invisible whereas Greg presents some effects from a seated position where you may lap, remove gimmick, put back on, repeat which would t be necessary as much with the silent assistant. Would you agree?
[quote]On Jan 10, 2018, MagicBrent wrote:
Rather than not believe in the product, I felt genuinely connected to Greg Wilson during his explanations of Control and appreciated the genuine struggles that come with presenting the effect. It was just an angles thing with the bottle trick. From the side and presentational skills, Controlling the tide of the water in a bottle was pretty Impressive I thought imho. The only thing I think I would like about the silent assistant which I don’t own is that it would be more invisible whereas Greg presents some effects from a seated position where you may lap, remove gimmick, put back on, repeat which would t be necessary as much with the silent assistant. Would you agree? [/quote]

Probably the only thing SA has over Control is the fact it's a lot more invisible. I was honestly a bit taken aback by the Control gimmick the first time I saw it, wondering how in the world I would get away with using it. From what I can see, that's just me overthinking it. So yeah, Control comes with the extra bit of having to get down your ditching, but it's honestly easier than I expected and allows your hands to be clean so quickly. I feel like my more astute observers are going to be demanding to see hands pretty quickly, and Control would be long-gone by then.
I personally like the SA it is much easier to conceal than control and still can do many of the classic okbring effects without as much noise. It isn’t perfect by any means but overall, I’m satisfied. My only wish is they could have included much more ideas on the download than they did.
[quote]On Jan 10, 2018, JasonL2112 wrote:
Unless of course you have reasons not to want to use a PK ring (for which there are various), and want to perform in short sleeves.

If you want to do the chop cup stuff, good ole PK ring. [/quote] [/quote]

You can perform vanishes with the Raven in short sleeves. Animations with the Pro PK type unit also does not require sleeves. With Pro PK type unit animations, you basically also don't need to ditch anything and your hands and arms are completely barren of anything needing to be concealed. Pretty much same goes for the Raven as the way it works, there's nothing to conceal and hide in practice, ditching is automatic as well without hands ever needing to leave the sight of your audience.

Options for the sake of options is nonsensical. If a new method or device does not really improve on technology which was already available, it's essentially unnecessary apart from the fact that all it's doing is providing options for the sake of options.
Just received my Silent Assistant. Obviously knew what I was getting so no surprise there. Overall happy with the quality and it fits my finger well. In my mind options are good... everyone of these PK devices has pros and cons I don't care what it is (and I own many). Some require more set-up, some are noisy, some are harder to hide, etc, etc. Silent Assistant will get used by me and is great for the applications I want it for. Could I use something else, perhaps, but the small size and ease of getting in and out of it work for me. I like PK rings but do not always want to commit to wearing one, for me this is a great alternative that will be used. As always it is about finding the right tool for your needs and as always needs and opinions will vary, nothing wrong with that.

Cheers,

John
[quote]On Jan 11, 2018, kissdadookie wrote:

You can perform vanishes with the Raven in short sleeves. Animations with the Pro PK type unit also does not require sleeves. With Pro PK type unit animations, you basically also don't need to ditch anything and your hands and arms are completely barren of anything needing to be concealed. Pretty much same goes for the Raven as the way it works, there's nothing to conceal and hide in practice, ditching is automatic as well without hands ever needing to leave the sight of your audience.

Options for the sake of options is nonsensical. If a new method or device does not really improve on technology which was already available, it's essentially unnecessary apart from the fact that all it's doing is providing options for the sake of options. [/quote]

Respectfully for the time, yeah they were fine.

No attack to anyone but Opening control and seeing what is in the box for the first time, I half to say “No more Huge Thick M****ts for me.

This thing is definitely more than alright. Very cool design and very strong stealth like device here.

With raven or m5 you need long sleeve to bring the m*****t near to manipulate——and Raven? With short sleeves, good luck on that one, but with sleeves sure np.

To call it straight - There is absolutely No comparison between raven, m5/pro pk and control or SA

That’s why the thread is called Control vs SA.

And SA is totally Different from Control as well. The real similarity is the skin tone factor and the fact a m****t is used.

Will have full review soon

Ok back to the control vs SA shall we.

Cheers
[quote]On Jan 10, 2018, McIntyreMagic wrote:
I personally like the SA it is much easier to conceal than control and still can do many of the classic okbring effects without as much noise. It isn’t perfect by any means but overall, I’m satisfied. My only wish is they could have included much more ideas on the download than they did. [/quote]

Glad it is working for you but I wonder why this thread is even existent as SA is more comparable to Enigma by nick night. SA is pretty much enigma with a different material.

Control is very much different from both of these and has at least 10 times the strength and allows you to do everything that SA/Enigma can do and whole lot more in the world of PK magic and other possibilities. They are all similar in that a m???#t is used and flesh covering. But Control is meant for very different effects is all with the added bonus it can do everything that the others can do as well.

Control is also very easy to conceal as it secures in place allowing natural hand movements(no finger contort to hold it) and can show hands actually empty before and after the effects.

Thanks Mike. I have seen the gimmick for Movemint and while clever and well made it was a bit bulky. I may very well pick this up as well but would like to be able to how stealth it is first. SA fits the need I have now and I can use without telegraphing any "guilt", but am always interested in different devices and tools in this arena.
[quote]On Jan 11, 2018, J M Talbot wrote:
Thanks Mike. I have seen the gimmick for Movemint and while clever and well made it was a bit bulky. I may very well pick this up as well but would like to be able to how stealth it is first. SA fits the need I have now and I can use without telegraphing any "guilt", but am always interested in different devices and tools in this arena. [/quote]

Hi Talbot

It really comes down to what sort of effects one would like to perform.

Control is stealth like as well and provides more versatility for many different effects.
[quote]On Jan 11, 2018, magicmike30 wrote:

Glad it is working for you but I wonder why this thread is even existent as SA is more comparable to Enigma by nick night. SA is pretty much enigma with a different material.

Control is very much different from both of these and has at least 10 times the strength and allows you to do everything that SA/Enigma can do and whole lot more in the world of PK magic and other possibilities. They are all similar in that a m???#t is used and flesh covering. But Control is meant for very different effects is all with the added bonus it can do everything that the others can do as well.

Control is also very easy to conceal as it secures in place allowing natural hand movements(no finger contort to hold it) and can show hands actually empty before and after the effects.

Mike :-) [/quote]
I also have played with control, really do love it and appreciate the extra strength but just enjoy the concealment of SA. Personally, I found it easier to conceal. While Control is a great product it just wasn't AS easy for me.
P.S. I completely agree, enigma is a great product and this thread is a little bit irrelevant...
Thanks McIntyre

Appreciate your opinion.

Just to requote what I noted above.

It Really Does come down to what sort of effects one would like to perform.

Control is stealth like as well and provides more versatility for many more different effects. With More options to fit ones performing style.

With sa You cannot perform nearly as much as you could with control.you are limited. No real comparison here as control allows you to do everything sa allows and much more.

Any good effect deserves the time and practice to make it fit and work for the performer. This also comes down to if one is a serious worker or hobbyist respectfully.

Mike :)
Not sure why the push to suggest these items are the Swiss army knifes for PK/magnet stuff. SA is clearly much smaller and easier to comfortably conceal in the hand. It however is designed for changes and vanishes of lighter items primarily and due to the smaller size the force is weaker than Control. Control provides a much stronger force but as result a larger item to conceal in the hand. It's strength is in cool PK stuff. I don't own Control, I do own Movemint and have been told the size is pretty much the same. Again it comes down to picking the right tool for your application.

I see Gregory Wilson as a serious worker but to me in the demo's I get sense he is palming something. Part of that is we know he is palming something so are looking for it, but still it is more difficult to conceal in the hand convincingly for most. And yes I realize both of these items can be ditched but I am talking about the heat during the actual performance.

Verdict for me.. if you want to create movement or need a stronger force get Control. If you want to vanish or change lighter items like coins, shells, etc get Silent Assistant. Or if you just like to experiment get both. They are both great tools with different primary strengths. Mike if we ever run into each other at Browser's Den perhaps you can prove me wrong :)

Cheers,

John
Problem being is that every so called PK movement looks like a magnet is in play. There’s no getting around that unfortunately. I use a PK ring for Prohibition, and that’s it. Most of the effects in the demo’s look awful.
[quote]On Jan 11, 2018, rustic wrote:
[quote]On Jan 11, 2018, kissdadookie wrote:

Options for the sake of options is nonsensical. If a new method or device does not really improve on technology which was already available, it's essentially unnecessary apart from the fact that all it's doing is providing options for the sake of options. [/quote]

Respectfully for the time, yeah they were fine.

No attack to anyone but Opening control and seeing what is in the box for the first time, I half to say “No more Huge Thick M****ts for me.

This thing is definitely more than alright. Very cool design and very strong stealth like device here.

With raven or m5 you need long sleeve to bring the m*****t near to manipulate——and Raven? With short sleeves, good luck on that one, but with sleeves sure np.

To call it straight - There is absolutely No comparison between raven, m5/pro pk and control or SA

That’s why the thread is called Control vs SA.

And SA is totally Different from Control as well. The real similarity is the skin tone factor and the fact a m****t is used.

Will have full review soon

Ok back to the control vs SA shall we.

Cheers [/quote]

Raven with short sleeves is perfectly doable. The only clothing requirement is that you need a button down short sleeve so you can't perform it in a t-shirt.

I bought Movemint and used it for awhile. I know what Control is roughly going to be because it's based on that same gimmick but this one is stronger (Control) which means that it is going to be even larger than the Movemint gimmick. Pro PK/M5 type device would be both more powerful, work through tables, and leaves your arms and hands completely free.

To put it simply, based on what you have said about the Raven and Pro PK/M5 it sounds to me that you either never used them OR you have them but never bothered to work with them all that much to figure out that for example the M5 does not need a upperbody hook up at all for animations. Like I said, the Pro PK/M5 style device works through tables.

Let's put it this way, the SA does not appear strong enough to perform animations with so the utility of it is relegated to things like chop cup routines and vanishes/changes. For chop cup routines you might as well just use the ring. For vanishes/changes, the Raven is the cleaner and thus superior method.

For animations, the Pro PK/M5 would be the better option since there is nothing to ditch and you do not need to wear it on your arms or hold it in your hands, so essentially due to that and the fact that it works through tables, it is cleaner than Control as your hands and arms can be clean throughout and you can be shirtless if you wish.
Seems like you have an opinion of what works for you, that's awesome, keep doing it.

Not sure why you seem to feel everyone else should feel the same though.

I rarely use my raven since I'm typically in a t-shirt, and have other reasons not to use the Pro PK / M5 too often. For one, I don't like carrying it around / the "load" necessary when you're not at a set location, and 2,unless you unload there are other risks since the coverage area is always active so-to-speak.

Control certainly has its own limitations and down-sides as well, but in the right circumstances can absolutely slay and is VERY easy to bring in & out of play. It can be done multiple times within a single routine for that matter, which make for some VERY clean displays.

Again, different strokes for different folks. I'm not even a big fan of animations myself, but I'm surely not going to try to talk anyone else out of doing them.

Find what works for you and roll with it. Control is a nice piece of kit, is very versatile, and all I can say is that I'll absolutely be using it.

Now, all of that said, I'll also say that I can't see any way to do a full palm up flash with this. It DOES need to be actively concealed while its in play. This is not difficult given its nature, but I surely won't be doing any palm up open hand flashes with it.
[quote]On Jan 12, 2018, JasonL2112 wrote:
Seems like you have an opinion of what works for you, that's awesome, keep doing it.

Not sure why you seem to feel everyone else should feel the same though.

I rarely use my raven since I'm typically in a t-shirt, and have other reasons not to use the Pro PK / M5 too often. For one, I don't like carrying it around / the "load" necessary when you're not at a set location, and 2,unless you unload there are other risks since the coverage area is always active so-to-speak.

Control certainly has its own limitations and down-sides as well, but in the right circumstances can absolutely slay and is VERY easy to bring in & out of play. It can be done multiple times within a single routine for that matter, which make for some VERY clean displays.

Again, different strokes for different folks. I'm not even a big fan of animations myself, but I'm surely not going to try to talk anyone else out of doing them.

Find what works for you and roll with it. Control is a nice piece of kit, is very versatile, and all I can say is that I'll absolutely be using it.

Now, all of that said, I'll also say that I can't see any way to do a full palm up flash with this. It DOES need to be actively concealed while its in play. This is not difficult given its nature, but I surely won't be doing any palm up open hand flashes with it. [/quote]

Ah, the fear of flying knives, I’ve had that fear in the past when I used the Pro PK type device but never had that mishap happen.

Tbh, animations, I personally would still use IT for those truth be told. Looks better, cleaner, and the least things to carry. Plus I don’t have to prep the object.
Years ago a bought a PK ring solely to do prohibition cap in bottle. I stopped doing it bacause I did nothing like wearing or taking the ring on and off. I bought SA for just that purpose and it is fine for that. Pricier than I would have liked and could probably make up something yourself with a little thought but it works fine
So far I’ve watched the instructional for control and have been working with the kit. Loving the main gimmick and the possibilities it offers.

Hope to have full review mid to end of next week. Want to really work with it.

A friend told me wizard removed their Review on this.

I wonder why??

after thinking about It further I looked back at the wizard “movemint Review” of David Penn saying how much he loved it along with Craig Petty. See Movemint review link below. I think Penn really contradicted him self here. As Control gimmick is similar to Movemint, But with a greatly improved advancement for the main gimmick. And so I could not wrap my head around why Penn would try so hard to tear Control apart after loving movemint?? All I could really think was to protect Nick Night, at least that is how they both came across in my opinion, even though Control is Very different from Enigma

SA is pretty much an Enigma knock off with different material - so I can understand their point here but Control is in a different realm from SA and Enigma in my honest opinion.

Here are the links - note that Control/SA Review was strangely removed??

Movemint https://youtu.be/7Ggpzgw4qF4

Control/SA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLbM4SXdyT8&t=726s (was remove)
[quote]On Jan 13, 2018, gtx magic wrote:
On Jan 12, 2018, rustic wrote:

Wonder why ?

The reason the wizard review was removed was because of a product they reviewed called Project Swiss army by Chris Turci and Brandon David. They released the details to soon, they got ahead of themselves and released the details to early. [/quote]

WOW they are also mixing up other creators release/marketing plans.

Wizard really going for the throat on everyone huh

Thanks for the update gtx
They also screwed up my release of just a thought as it was far superior to 52/1 . Completely different method and I had been doing it years before their version . They then even had the cheek to rerelease theirs by adding cards to copy my product description just a tad more Tarik 🙂
[quote]On Jan 12, 2018, rustic wrote:
So far I’ve watched the instructional for control and have been working with the kit. Loving the main gimmick and the possibilities it offers.

I wonder why??

after thinking about It further I looked back at the wizard “movemint Review” of David Penn saying how much he loved it along with Craig Petty. See Movemint review link below. I think Penn really contradicted him self here. As Control gimmick is similar to Movemint, But with a greatly improved advancement for the main gimmick. And so I could not wrap my head around why Penn would try so hard to tear Control apart after loving movemint?? All I could really think was to protect Nick Night, at least that is how they both came across in my opinion, even though Control is Very different from Enigma

SA is pretty much an Enigma knock off with different material - so I can understand their point here but Control is in a different realm from SA and Enigma in my honest opinion.

Control/SA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLbM4SXdyT8&t=726s (was remove) [/quote]

Because Movemint the gimmick in the context of the Movemint effect and variations on the effect, the device is perfect for it + ringing it in and ditching is self contained as in Movemint is actually 3 gimmicks all working together in conjunction along with it hidden cleverly in sight. They reviewed Movemint as the trick you buy and use it as whilst Control has a different review due to the fact that it’s supposed to be a utility device thus requirements for both use and handling must be scored differently.

It’s like as if they were to review a hot dog as a hot dog (bun, ketchup, relish, etc.) and then later reviewed a hot dog that is meant to also be in the place of a hamburger, chicken sandwich, grilled cheese, and a McFish. In the latter, the hot dog obviously would not score as high as it was scored when scored as just being a hot dog.
[quote]On Jan 14, 2018, kissdadookie wrote:
[quote]On Jan 12, 2018, rustic wrote:

I wonder why??

Control/SA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLbM4SXdyT8&t=726s (was remove) [/quote]

Because Movemint the gimmick in the context of the Movemint effect and variations on the effect, the device is perfect for it + ringing it in and ditching is self contained as in Movemint is actually 3 gimmicks all working together in conjunction along with it hidden cleverly in sight. They reviewed Movemint as the trick you buy and use it as whilst Control has a different review due to the fact that it’s supposed to be a utility device thus requirements for both use and handling must be scored differently.

It’s like as if they were to review a hot dog as a hot dog (bun, ketchup, relish, etc.) and then later reviewed a hot dog that is meant to also be in the place of a hamburger, chicken sandwich, grilled cheese, and a McFish. In the latter, the hot dog obviously would not score as high as it was scored when scored as just being a hot dog. [/quote]

Exactly my friend, both are very close aside from different hiding places.

Cheers 😃
Hi everyone,

here is my review / comparison of Control and Silent Assistant.

Hope it helps :)

[Youtube]GkN3LFXSCnQ[/youtube]

Best,
Kaan
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but if you're on the fence between these 2 and are thinking about using them with "The Gift", Control works great, but Silent Assistant has the wrong polarity and will only work after making modifications to the "Gift".
Silent Assistant – Sansminds

Product description : You maybe know the PK Ring which is a strong tool for any magician or mentalist. There have always be a few problems with it, such as the sound it makes when it connects with a coin for example or the fact you have to wear it when you’re not typically wearing jewellery. Sansminds thought about it and produced Silent Assistant which is basically a half sanada gimmick with a magnet inside (I’m not spoiling, it’s clearly shown in the trailer). So you can do vanishes, travel and many more things with it.

Price and where to buy it : This is sold at $49.99 and you can find it in nearly every Murphy's magic « partner » shop !

What you get : You get a little cardboard box, with inside 3 little magnets which you can load into almost anything. They’re round and flat, quite small. You also get the link in order to watch the explanation video, the first part is cool, they teach you how to use the gimmick and then they stop talking and show you ideas they had. And you can see that one idea, the transposition of 2 coins, one of which is on a wallet, can’t be done in real life, they edited the video to make it look cool but don’t expect to be able to do it, it looks so crappy in the tutorial. Apart from that, the other ideas are cool. You finally get the gimmick which is really well made and should blend into any white type skin. If your skin isn’t matching the gimmick, you can use make up so it will fit your color. The gimmick is nice, I find the magnet to be not that strong so you’ll have to be close to the magnetic objects you’re using. Overall, it’s a bit overpriced for what it is but it’s made well.

Teaser : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11xve0fI524

The pros and the cons : Here is the core of my review, let's begin with the cons, as I will usually be doing, I prefer to keep the good things for the end.

THE CONS :
• It’s overpriced for what it is, it should have been sold for $10 less at least.
• The magnet is not that strong, this more to steal magnetic object in your hand rather than doing telekinesis stuff.
• You cannot adapt the gimmick to make it fit better and hold a bit better on your hand, it has a U shape and you can’t bend it even slightly to make it fit more comfortably !

THE PROS :
• I really like the way the gimmick look, it’s really well made and when you close a bit your fingers, it will be 100% invisible.
• The magnet is strong enough to take objects like magnetic shell or things like that so it all depends on what you want to do with it.
• The sound is really low with it, maybe because of the material in which the gimmick is made, which feels like rubber and allows to minimize a lot the sound the object makes when connecting with the gimmick.
• It’s small enough to be carried in your pocket and you don’t have to have it on you at all time, just “palm” it when you need to. No fear of losing data when you’re approaching your credit card to the previous PK Ring.
• If your need is to pick up a light object without making any sound, SA is perfect but if you need a really powerful magnet, you may have to check Control by Daryl Vanamburg.

Overall rating : It’s a really interesting and well-made gimmick, if you have a use for it, you will love it ! I’m still not sure whether I would use it but still, great tool, 3/4 hearts.

As for the difficulty level, it depends on what you’re planning to do, I would say 2/5 stars.

Similar products : Control by Daryl Vanamburg is similar, PK Blista too.

If you liked this review, make sure to check all my other ones on my website : http://lesavisdalexis.wixsite.com/reviews