(Close Window)
Topic: Anyone interested in trivia?
I've always enjoyed quizzes and games, but I've never really taken them seriously. However, I am a little bit inclined of late to start memorizing a few lists, dates, facts etc, for reasons of personal gratification.

Does anyone do that kind of stuff here? How hard/easy have you found it?
I love trivia.
No Googling: What year did Trivial Pursuit come out?
Let me be more specific: when did the form of the board game released by Selchow and Righter appear in the US market?
1982?

For the record I now Googled it after I answered.
Iím thinking late 60ís. Final answer 1969.

Tom
Dunno. I'll guess, 1987.
Message: Posted by: Mark Boody Illusionist (Jan 5, 2018 04:01PM)
I remember playing it in 1983. But I will go with Danny saying 1982.
I'll say 81
I won't post the answer here so people can still play if they want. Of course, y'all can Google to see how close you came...
I love really obscure stuff. In the 30's, there were two radio adventure shows. They were produced by the same company and the producers decided the two characters, despite being separated by many years and miles, were related! Today, the rights are owned by different people, so the relation can't be referred to.

Who were they and what was the relation?
[quote]On Jan 29, 2018, ed rhodes wrote:
I love really obscure stuff. In the 30's, there were two radio adventure shows. They were produced by the same company and the producers decided the two characters, despite being separated by many years and miles, were related! Today, the rights are owned by different people, so the relation can't be referred to.

Who were they and what was the relation?[/quote]
I'm thinking the Lone Ranger and the Green Hornet.

I cannot recall exactly, but Britt Reid was something like the Lone Ranger's grandnephew or great-grandnephew.
[quote]On Jan 29, 2018, S2000magician wrote:
[quote]On Jan 29, 2018, ed rhodes wrote:

Who were they and what was the relation?[/quote]
I'm thinking the Lone Ranger and the Green Hornet.

I cannot recall exactly, but Britt Reid was something like the Lone Ranger's grandnephew or great-grandnephew. [/quote]

You called it, grandnephew. Dan Reid was the nephew of the Lone Ranger, his son Britt, would go on to be the Green Hornet. (BOTH of whom need a decent modern movie!)