(Close Window)
Topic: Which one Traveler or Quiver
Anyone have an experience with either or both of these and could recommend one
I have a Traveler and carry it with me every day. Also, the effects taught are worth more than the price of the Traveler itself. All of Jeff Copeland products are top notch so you will never go wrong with one. Check out reviews on his site. He also has an active Facebook group that share ideas.
https://www.copelandcoins.com/
I have and like both - so much so that I have two of each, but they're two very different animals.
It's kind of like asking someone to recommend an egg bag or a change bag. It all depends on what you want to do with them.

The Quiver is a great switching device - best used IMHO to do "invisible switches" -- that is, switches your spectators don't (and shouldn't) know have occurred such as switching billets and ringing gaffs in/out, or at least time delayed switches vs the immediate visual changes that (again IMHO) put tons of heat on the purse.

The Traveler is a nice basic coin purse with a holdout feature, and as Poof mentioned, a bunch of well thought out material that incorporates and complements the purse.
The jumbo coin production from the purse is a thing of beauty.
I only have Quiver but definitely recommend it :) having looked at the Traveller I also think Quiver looks more natural.
Thanks guys, I can't really afford both or would probably go that way so I have to make a decision soon, Anyone else like to share there thoughts, I would appreciate it.
I think the real question is: what do you want to do with it? They're completely different tools (even though they both masquerade as purses) and it's kind of like asking if someone should get a Scotch & Soda or a Coin Bender.

Do you want to have an invisible switching device that works for both coins and other items? Then get a Quiver.
Do you want a well crafted leather wallet and excellent instruction on basic coin sleights/starter effects you can do with the wallet? Then the Traveler's the best buy.

Do you just want a simple, straightforward, no-frills pouch to hold your coins rather than doing anything fancy? Then you should consider one of these: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8988

Nothing to knock either one, but it's a completely reasonable alternative as a coin purse if all you want is something to carry your props. Especially if either (or both) is a stretch of funds, or if you're not sure what you want to do with them. I'm a big fan of buying things you think you'll actually use, rather than because it looks shiny or just because you've heard it's good.
If we're throwing alternatives into the mix, Tony Miller's Mobius is also worth serious consideration:

http://www.rfaproductions.com/products/mobius.html
Also a good one, but I don't see it as meaningfully different from the Traveler in this context - a similar "feature" and cost (yes, I realize they're different, but I'm talking about a very high level").

It also wasn't one the OP asked about, and while good to bring up, I was mostly talking about "the third option" of getting something cheap, rather than at the $30 price point.
I too have a question for those who own Quiver who also own I Hate Kids. Could someone PM me?
Bought a Quiver after seeing it come up again and again on the trick of the year thread. As others have mentioned itís a very different beast from the Traveller but I will be getting a lot of use out of both. Both are exceptionally well made and brilliantly thought out.
It sounds like traveler would be great for a beginner??
Iíve heard a lot of people like quiver, Iíve played with it and think itís pretty cool. Personally Iíd rather not have to use a coin purse as for me it isnít something Iíd have.
I own both quiver and traveler. They both have unique features that encourage creative thinking. Quality of product is great in both. Quiver looks like something you could buy commercially as a coin container, is disarming and very versitale. Traveler gives the appearance (favorably) of a origami handmade coin pocket that generates interest and lends itself to a story of a (ie. craftsman in Mexico). Both have secret aspects that will generate creative working. I am appreciative of the creative effort put into these products. Your imagination and performance style will take it from there. Enjoy your magic.
For me, having both, I vote Kelvin Chow QUIVER!
Why?
Quiver LOOKS like many normal coin pouches!
traveler looks nothing Iíve seen. But is disarming.
The gaff of Traveler is good. But for more options and ease of use, Quiver wins head and over shoulder!
I liked traveler! BUT, I have sold the Traveler.
Quiver?...I would never sell, and I might even FIGHT over mine! LOL
End of discussion!
Steph
[quote]On Apr 22, 2018, Stephon Johnson wrote:
For me, having both, I vote Kelvin Chow QUIVER!
Why?
Quiver LOOKS like many normal coin pouches!
traveler looks nothing Iíve seen. But is disarming.
The gaff of Traveler is good. But for more options and ease of use, Quiver wins head and over shoulder!
I liked traveler! BUT, I have sold the Traveler.
Quiver?...I would never sell, and I might even FIGHT over mine! LOL
End of discussion!
Steph [/quote]

Agreed, I got Traveller but ended up selling it virtually immediately where as I've just purchased a second Quiver as it's that good :)
Quiver all the way!!
Quiver is amazing and very versitile. Traveler is also valuable in a different way. I have 4 Quivers and can switch sets of sets . . . Like deck switching but easier.
I also have both and would be willing to sell my quiver, only used enough to know I didn't really like it
[quote]On May 30, 2018, Magic_son wrote:
I also have both and would be willing to sell my quiver, only used enough to know I didn't really like it [/quote]

Curious what you didn't like about it? I think it is one of the coolest items available. I even have a photo of my wedding ring I keep in it and after some ring work I put my ring back on my finger, show quiver, the photo, put the photo in and do the visual change with the purse open back to my real ring, which is off my finger when they look. gets a killer reaction.
I have both and I also vote for Quiver.
Traveler is cool with its "origami" style, but with Quiver you can really do a lot of useful changes (I'm currently using it in my CSB routine).
I also have a C-Purse which is similar to Quiver but slightly larger (see http://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=665552 )

By the way: when I bought Quiver I never received any link to the instructions video.
Obviously it's not crucial, but still I am wondering: is there a way I can get it?
Degio,
You aren't missing anything as one of the weaknesses of the Quiver are it's terrible instructions. I had trouble getting mine to work consistently when I first got it. I pmed a member on here and he solved the problem with two sentences.
My issue is consistency. Either I don't have the knack, or I'm not doing something right.
[quote]On Jun 4, 2018, Magic_son wrote:
My issue is consistency. Either I don't have the knack, or I'm not doing something right. [/quote]

Agree that the instructions leave something to be desired! BUT with about 5 minutes of focused practice you can get the VISUAL switch down and it is AWESOME! The open a or b should be easy and take no practice. The trick to the instant visual is NOT opening the purse all the way. Try half way and then slowly release pressure and you'll flip a to b. If not try 3/4 of the was and slowly start closing. Find your own purse sweet spot. Hoper this helps. I find this so valuable I have multiples. Bought 5. When done with one trick I can put it in my pocket. Later bring out purse again but it is #2. #2 starts with what #1 ended up with - say a silver dollar - but it may be gaffed now. If needed I find another coin to add to #2 and go on with that trick. At the end purse goes back to the pocket. So you're doing a deck switch but purses and legitimately you keep switching in the pocket. I have them overlapping in an up, down mouth position along the bottom of my right jacket pocket. I use 4 at the most. That is 4 clean gafffs deployed! Nobody ever has questioned the purse as they hold it in the first use. They just assume it is the same one! Love it!~
Agree that the instructions leave something to be desired! BUT with about 5 minutes of focused practice you can get the VISUAL switch down and it is AWESOME! [/quote]

You don't think the visual switch brings too much heat on the purse?
Great idea with the "deck" switches.
Now if they only had a non-gaffed one -- complete with the little tab -- to ring in at the end....
[quote]On Jun 5, 2018, inigmntoya wrote:
Agree that the instructions leave something to be desired! BUT with about 5 minutes of focused practice you can get the VISUAL switch down and it is AWESOME! [/quote]

You don't think the visual switch brings too much heat on the purse?
Great idea with the "deck" switches.
Now if they only had a non-gaffed one -- complete with the little tab -- to ring in at the end.... [/quote]

I thought the same about the heat but a move of the hand and bang! It's fooling to me when I'm doing it. Use a gold plated half as a change from a clad one to a silver to Gold and the gold is in the purse. Beautiful and surprising. No heat on the purse. Agree with the non-gaffed one as a Magi but the people don't deed it because they have held and opened it themselves anyway. They don'
t think the way we do. Thanks on the deck switch comment. I love that and use it all the time. I even have some going in my right pocket and then later coming out of my left. Discrepancy never noticed.

JT
Quick question - Iíve got a nice coin set together now and Iím planning out a set of routines for any occasion, long/short etc. and I have 8 had dollar size coins in the set:

-Triception
-Mag Half
-English Penny & Shell set
-Copper/Silver Plus half dollar shell
- 4 half dollars

I was wondering if I could carry these about in the Quiver - probly the gaffs (3) in the secret bit and the 5 normal coins in the normal bit. I wouldnít use all of them in a routine - just for carting about and then Decant coins in and out to pockets depending on the routine.

Would I squeeze 8 in?
[quote]On Jun 10, 2018, Bridgehouse wrote:
Quick question - Iíve got a nice coin set together now and Iím planning out a set of routines for any occasion, long/short etc. and I have 8 had dollar size coins in the set:

-Triception
-Mag Half
- 4 half dollars

I was wondering if I could carry these about in the Quiver - probly the gaffs (3) in the secret bit and the 5 normal coins in the normal bit. I wouldnít use all of them in a routine - just for carting about and then Decant coins in and out to pockets depending on the routine.

Would I squeeze 8 in? [/quote]

In my opinion, you would be better off using a JOL coin carrier... http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S11598 for the number of coins you wish to carry. I donít think that using a quiver just to carry all those coins would utilize the true potential and effectiveness of it.
[quote]On Jun 10, 2018, Wravyn wrote:
[quote]On Jun 10, 2018, Bridgehouse wrote:

-Triception
-Mag Half
- 4 half dollars

Would I squeeze 8 in? [/quote]

In my opinion, you would be better off using a JOL coin carrier... http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S11598 for the number of coins you wish to carry. I donít think that using a quiver just to carry all those coins would utilize the true potential and effectiveness of it. [/quote]

I'll only use it for 8 for transport - I'll load up or out depending on what I want to do and use pockets to distribute. More importantly, I'd like to incorporate the switch into the routine as well so a normal purse won't give me that functionality. I'd like it to earn it's keep in the routine as well as being there for transport.. It also looks like the c-purse might be a bit bigger so might be a better bet..
I agree with the JOL for the sets and quiver for one trick with the need for the secret part.
I think quiver is awesome but when mine came it was hard to get it to work.
My issue is consistency. Either I don't have the knack, or I'm not doing something right. [/quote]

I had the same issue. Sometimes it opened sometimes It did not. I donít get why!!??
[quote]On May 31, 2018, Signet wrote:
Degio,
You aren't missing anything as one of the weaknesses of the Quiver are it's terrible instructions. I had trouble getting mine to work consistently when I first got it. I pmed a member on here and he solved the problem with two sentences. [/quote]

What was that problem? I sold mine because I couldnít get it to work.
I got a Quiver, and a c-purse as I wanted to try both.

Quiver took about 30 mins to get a solid dependable always opens the right way method sorted. Same for c-purse.

The Quiver is excellent - it will go to 6 halves if you need it to. C-purse is also excellent - different, but excellent. Itís bigger than Quiver and the llama leather is quite exceptional. It will hold 8 halves comfortably, and maybe a few more.

C-purse canít be handed out the same, but my view is due to the leather thickness it will tolerate more spectators fingers inside having a feel around to show it empty.

Iím using c-purse to carry around my main coin set and Quiver for a CSB set and they both do their thing admirably. OH is a crafty sewing type and she said they were both well made and loved the look/feel.
[quote]On Jun 16, 2018, Bridgehouse wrote:

Iím using c-purse to carry around my main coin set and Quiver for a CSB set and they both do their thing admirably. OH is a crafty sewing type and she said they were both well made and loved the look/feel. [/quote]

Out of interest what size CSB set are you carrying ie dollar or half dollar size ?

Iím using c-purse to carry around my main coin set and Quiver for a CSB set and they both do their thing admirably. OH is a crafty sewing type and she said they were both well made and loved the look/feel. [/quote]

Out of interest what size CSB set are you carrying ie dollar or half dollar size ?
[quote]On Jun 16, 2018, warren wrote:

Out of interest what size CSB set are you carrying ie dollar or half dollar size ? [/quote]

Half - and thereís plenty of room for the 4 coins in the set.

I would say the Quiver does a half set perfectly, and the c-purse would do a dollar set very comfortably.
[quote]On Jun 4, 2018, StarManager wrote:

Agree that the instructions leave something to be desired! BUT with about 5 minutes of focused practice you can get the VISUAL switch down and it is AWESOME! The open a or b should be easy and take no practice. The trick to the instant visual is NOT opening the purse all the way. Try half way and then slowly release pressure and you'll flip a to b. If not try 3/4 of the was and slowly start closing. Find your own purse sweet spot. Hoper this helps. I find this so valuable I have multiples. Bought 5. When done with one trick I can put it in my pocket. Later bring out purse again but it is #2. #2 starts with what #1 ended up with - say a silver dollar - but it may be gaffed now. If needed I find another coin to add to #2 and go on with that trick. At the end purse goes back to the pocket. So you're doing a deck switch but purses and legitimately you keep switching in the pocket. I have them overlapping in an up, down mouth position along the bottom of my right jacket pocket. I use 4 at the most. That is 4 clean gafffs deployed! Nobody ever has questioned the purse as they hold it in the first use. They just assume it is the same one! Love it!~ [/quote]

I have only just purchased Quiver as I had no need for it until I decided I want to use it as a lead in to a bigger trick.
What a brilliant item. Well made and can be used for the basic switch straight out of the box.
It took me about 10 attempts to get the visual switch, you are correct, it is about finding that sweet spot.

I don't think I will be using it for the visual switch but it does look good, even when you're the one doing it.
I can't understand why anyone would worry about a spectator holding it if vanishing notes as on my Quiver this is not at all noticible.

Thank you for your input as this is what prompted me to purchase it.
Thrilled I could be helpful and that you indeed liked it after getting it! That's what this whole place is about!
I definitely have a hard time fitting more than 4 coins without being noticeable. I believe the tutorial recommends thin objects.
[quote]On Jun 16, 2018, StarManager wrote:
Thrilled I could be helpful and that you indeed liked it after getting it! That's what this whole place is about! [/quote]

So much so I'm ordering another one this week. I've been playing around with it this weekend and have gone from never seeing me use it to now a ton of reasons I want to.
I wish I had the money to get a couple more, I can envision a Monte style effect using 3.
[quote]On Jun 17, 2018, st3v13 wrote:
I definitely have a hard time fitting more than 4 coins without being noticeable. I believe the tutorial recommends thin objects. [/quote]

I certainly think it's more suited to notes / billets.

I have tried it with coins yet as that's not what I'm looking at performing with it, but I am going to give a few different coins a whirl in it this week to see if the handling of it can disguise anything noticeable.
[quote]On Jun 17, 2018, Wravyn wrote:
I wish I had the money to get a couple more, I can envision a Monte style effect using 3. [/quote]

Wravyn,

That's exactly what I am getting the second one for. I was going for three but decided that having just the two and having the spectator hold one and I hold one would have a greater effect.

I've been playing around with routines as I've been handling the Quiver (sounds wrong) but like most of my routines they tend to come to me when I'm working on something else. Oh my disorganised creative mind.
Personally I feel that if you bring out one of these as a coin purse it is ignored and not scrutinized as a prop. IF you bring out two or three of these with tabs on them all looking identical you are screaming a gaffed case. You cannot hand these out for examination and while that is fine if you use ONE it is not if you use three. I love the creativity shown by my brothers on this thread, but I urge against this monte approach with this prop. Please don't hate me!

JT
Sometimes if I want to do just a single coin vanish at the end of a coinís across it would be nice to use my quiver instead of sleight of hand depending on who and how many ppl I am performing for. The problem with quiver is that the leather material is not thick enoughTo hide the shape of my Morgan dollar. Can anyone recommend a different coin purse or similar item to achieve this?
[quote]On Aug 26, 2018, sOnrisemagic wrote:
Sometimes if I want to do just a single coin vanish at the end of a coinís across it would be nice to use my quiver instead of sleight of hand depending on who and how many ppl I am performing for. The problem with quiver is that the leather material is not thick enoughTo hide the shape of my Morgan dollar. Can anyone recommend a different coin purse or similar item to achieve this? [/quote]
=============
Quiver has now made a l;artge version. This one works to do the hide of a morgan shell or morgan sized coin perfectly. Ellusionist has the new ones. Select QUIVER and now you'll see a dropdown for size. Hope this helps you!
Sometimes if I want to do just a single coin vanish at the end of a coinís across it would be nice to use my quiver instead of sleight of hand depending on who and how many ppl I am performing for. The problem with quiver is that the leather material is not thick enoughTo hide the shape of my Morgan dollar. Can anyone recommend a different coin purse or similar item to achieve this? [/quote]
=============
Quiver has now made a l;artge version. This one works to do the hide of a morgan shell or morgan sized coin perfectly. Ellusionist has the new ones. Select QUIVER and now you'll see a dropdown for size. Hope this helps you! [/quote]

Thank you for that information I appreciate it. Do you know if they made the leather thicker?
Seems same to me on leather thickness but as the purse is taller/wider, toy don't see the coins in it and you sometimes could with the smaller one.
Cool, thanks again, much appreciated 👍🏼
I have both. One can do a lot more with the Quiver, including effects that don't involve coins at all. I use the Traveler just to carry coins around. Maybe I'm not getting enough out of it?
Note to those with smaller hands - the Quiver+ (bigger one) is harder to operate as the squeeze of the opening is larger. I love it as stated above in this thread and I feel safe hiding 2 stacked Morgans and showing both sides of this one where the original smaller quiver was risky. No talking with the big one either
A monte style effect can be routined with just one quiver prop. Use three cups or three pockets or three envelopes, etc. and have your spec guess where the coin or coins are. ;)
Do you guys now if several small coins fit in the Quiver +? Around 15-20 coins, sizes would be like american pennies, quarters and nickels, let's say 15 in one side and three or four on the other. My idea is to take out the 15 coins from the purse, spectators choose a few coins and drop them on the Quiver, then I switch them, the other coins would be on the table during the switch.
[quote]On Oct 10, 2018, Jorge Betancourt wrote:
Do you guys now if several small coins fit in the Quiver +? Around 15-20 coins, sizes would be like american pennies, quarters and nickels, let's say 15 in one side and three or four on the other. My idea is to take out the 15 coins from the purse, spectators choose a few coins and drop them on the Quiver, then I switch them, the other coins would be on the table during the switch. [/quote]

That would work with the regular Quiver but would be better with the newer, larger Quiver+.

Good idea!
[quote]On Oct 10, 2018, Jorge Betancourt wrote:
Do you guys now if several small coins fit in the Quiver +? Around 15-20 coins, sizes would be like american pennies, quarters and nickels, let's say 15 in one side and three or four on the other. My idea is to take out the 15 coins from the purse, spectators choose a few coins and drop them on the Quiver, then I switch them, the other coins would be on the table during the switch. [/quote]

That setup should work. You would be able to "hide" 15 to 20 coins on one side, but it sounds like with the plan you have that wouldn't matter as you'd pour out the full 15 and are really just doing a switch of 3 or 4. That would work as long as the spec doesn't have an opportunity to hold the Quiver or they might notice something...
I enjoy my Quiver.. I have two if anyone needs an extra.. pm me.
Message: Posted by: Nate The Magician (Sep 10, 2019 11:30PM)
I have tried both Quiver and The Traveler- I only got the Traveler out of curiosity when my Quiver got pickpocketed (alongside 5 of my silver Walking Liberties).

I personally would say that the Quiver is better at coin switches and coin vanishes while The Traveler allows you to steal and stash coins better and do final loads. Quiver requires very little sleight of hand to accomplish anything with, while The Traveler requires you to to a metric ton of sleights to accomplish even the simplest effect. Thankfully, The Traveler also includes 3 hours of instructional video- nothing you wouldn't find in Bobo's, but it has good applications.

This said, I loved my Quiver for the 3 months while I had it, but I've had The Traveler for a while hence and have found it much more rewarding IMHO.
Are different and both have their place. They are both exquisite.
I have just bought the standard Quiver ...
I am even fooling myself with this as I go through the method.
The performer can have the spectator(s) open the coin purse and they will find nor suspect anything.

A true worker, and built to last.
The spectator is never going to find the secret to this one.

My best buy of 2019!
Highly recommended.
Hand your Hopping Half coins out for inspection!

Comes with great 30 minute online tutorial and routines.
Iíd say for switches quiver (though Iíve only played with a knockoff), but my vote hands down is the real manís coin wallet from tony Miller.
I am having slight issues with my Quiver purse, hence I have posted a new thread within secret sessions.
I have a a travler and its beautifully made. It feels a good way to carry around some coins. In all honesty I don't use the hold out much.
I know I'm late to the party here, but for my money, it's the Quiver purse, (or Quiver +), all the way. I honestly think that the purse is the best utility item since the thumb tip. Really. Well made and limited only by your imagination. I have three of them. I produce either a single coin or a Triple Threat gimmick from the 'empty' purse, go into a routine and vanish it again after putting it in the purse. I've held the purse open and have had spectators feel the inside of the purse and never felt the coin hidden in there. When done right, it's a heck of a strong thing. I also use all three for an "I Hate Kids" type of routine. ...And you can let the spectators open the purse if you want. I can't say enough about the Quiver purse. For switches and vanishes and productions...it's limited only by what can fit in it and your imagination. Worth every single penny.
I recently picked up a Quiver and a Quiver + but I don't see the benefit in letting the spec open it with a gaff hidden and a regular coin in the part they dump out. It is still obvious to me that there is more coins in the purse (which would scream trap door in my opinion). Don't get me wrong, I really like both but I would never hand it out with a gaff (maybe a bill or a prediction but never a coin). I only bring it up because so many people feel letting the spec open (without finding the secret) is a plus.

I also have Traveler and have carried it every day for several years now. I really love it for different reasons. he secret poses the same problem if you hand it out (I do not) but it has so many little utilities built in that do way more for you than simply hiding a coin/gaff.

Now that I have both, I will use both (for different reasons) but I will give my vote to Traveler overall. (But grab both if you can afford both).
[quote]On Jun 12, 2020, Poof-Daddy wrote:
I recently picked up a Quiver and a Quiver + but I don't see the benefit in letting the spec open it with a gaff hidden and a regular coin in the part they dump out. It is still obvious to me that there is more coins in the purse (which would scream trap door in my opinion). [/quote]

I don't disagree with that at all. You definitely don't want to hand it out with a coin in it. The only time I let a spectator open it is when I'm doing a routine with bills. And it's a matter of proper audience management. They open it, see the bill, and either retrieve it or allow me to retrieve it, and then I take the purse back. There's no focus on the purse. The purse is/should be inconsequential. I don't let them 'inspect' the purse. Why would I? It's just a purse. What's inside, (in those instances, for me, it's a bill), is what matters.

Regarding allowing them to 'feel' inside the purse, that, also is a matter of handling and audience management. For that, I use those times when I want the 'normal' opening of the purse to reveal the coin. I have the coin in the main, 'normal' compartment. I engage the gimmick and open the purse and show it empty. The coin is on the side of the purse that is against my palm. I hold my hand, palm-down, purse open. I shake it upside down and show it empty. I will tell the spectator that they can 'feel around' if they want and I tell them to, "go ahead...stick a finger in there and feel around". While saying that, I stick an index finger in and I only run it across the bottom of the purse. With a big, heavy coin, if it's "hidden" in there, gravity would suggest that it would be on the bottom. I don't point that out, it's just inherently assumed. They almost always only do the same thing I do; so I think the natural move I do, serves as a subconsciously suggested instruction. It's a subtlety that's effective. I don't do that every time I use the purse, just in those times when it serves the situation and routine. I've only done it maybe a dozen or fifteen times, but only ONCE did anyone sweep their finger arcoss the top part of the purse. ...And the guy didn't realize he felt a coin. Or, if he did, he was polite and a good actor; which wasn't the case, because he proceeded to try to "catch" me doing stuff. So if he'd had realized that he swiped his finger over anything, he'd have said something. So when performing a one-coin routine, (or a multiple coin routine using a gimmick, such as a shell or a 3CM/Triple Threat type gimmick), where I produce a coin from the purse, I'm confident in using the purse that way. I wouldn't do that following a production and a vanish using the purse, or even after a vanish; as the purse may become suspect. It's better if they expect an empty purse because they haven't seen anything come from, or return to the purse.
But that's as close to spectator inspection I get with coins. In fact, I do not carry a coin in the purse while it's in my pocket. I don't use it as a coin purse when not actively performing; because the leather, (to its credit, as it is soft, supple and good quality), will conform itself to the coin and the purse will look like it has a coin in it when it doesn't. That could be beneficial to some magicians, in some instances, I'm sure. But not for me. So I don't, and wouldn't recommend, carrying coins in the purse when not performing. Load the purse just prior to performance.

For tricks with bills, it's not an issue. When I'm going to be doing that routine, I have the purses loaded with two bills each in my jacket pocket or purse. But coins...I don't carry in the purses.

So you're absolutely right - you can't leave a coin, or any bulky item, in the hidden compartment of the purse and allow a spectator to open it. That would be an epic failure. LOL
But with proper audience management, timing, scripting and minor misdirection, I am comfortable with letting a spectator open the purse to reveal/retrieve a folded bill when a folded bill is also loaded in the hidden compartment.