(Close Window)
Topic: Crash!
Hello

I'm trying to trace a magic dealer in the USA, so I guess this is as good a place as any to start.

Some years ago I purchased an effect called 'Crash'. It was a tray on which you place a glass and at your command the glass shatteres, apparently of its own accord. It was mechanically operated.

It is a great effect and has been used by me many times. I am in the process of writing my next book, 'Black Book IV' and am writing about the routine I use with this effect. I want to credit the manufacturer but have lost their details.

Can anyone help please?

I can be contacted at kh@blackhart.co.uk

Thanks

Keith Hart
Try Abbotts & Tannens
Hello Russo

Thanks, but neither of them.

Keith Hart
Is what you are looking for "CRASH TRAY" by Dimenico Dante. It was sold by HOCUS POCUS.

FWIW

Cheers! ;)
Possibly Stanyon, I've attached a picture to see if it the same as the one you are referring to.

Keith Hart
Keith -

What are the physical dimensions of that? If it's 1.5" x 9" x 14" it's most likely the one.

Steve
Hello Stanyon

Yes that is just about the size, so I guess that its mystery solved.

Many many thanks.

Keith Hart
Ah! No it was NOT Hocus Pocus.

As is often the case because I had stopped trying to think about the magic dealer who supplied 'Crash', my brain carried on sorting through the information sub-consciously, and last night as I was lying in bed thinking of other things, the name of the dealer popped into my head!

Hank Lee's Magic Factory!

So this morning I googled 'Hank Lee's Magic Factory'...

I guess that I'll just credit the effect to 'A magic dealer in the USA!

Keith Hart