(Close Window)
Topic: Rubicon 2.0
Has anyone heard about this? Did Greg change something, or is it just new videos?
I am wondering about that too.
Same here
New demo with old clips. Assuming the Ďin the hand solveí after spec has mixed it up being the improvement.

https://youtu.be/XZUT15U9cFQ
Is there a price yet ?
That is the same demo video used for the original Rubicon and the final one-handed solve has always been part of the routine. So nothing new there.
The price seems to be the same - $350.00.

Typically, with any new 2.0 version the new improvements are highlighted prominently but I never see anything new mentioned in conjunction with Rubicon 2.0.
Sometimes there is also a discounted price offered to previous purchasers as well but I haven't seen anything related to that.
Basically the same ad copy and price, with just the name changed to 2.0.

For those that don't know, Gregory Wilson recently had a heart attack but fortunately he has recovered quickly and I believe is heading out now for another lecture tour so he may not be able to respond quickly. I was hoping (admittedly selfishly) that during his forced down time during recuperation he may have a chance to come on here and clear the air about 2.0 but I can't begrudge him for not doing that. So as of now, it remains a mystery to the community at large what exactly is new, if anything, about 2.0.

The original is great though IMO and I really don't know what could be improved with it.
I found it! I found it! We now know what the improvements are!

"Re-engineered cubes for maximum deception and easy handling!"

:bigsmile:
I was at his lecture 2 nights ago and 2.0 was never mentioned.
That's strange, it says "ready to ship" on his site.
The package has changed. It now states 2.0
This thread is a bit dated, but there was never a definitive answer. Without getting too much into the method, the improvement is in the construction and handling of the gimmick. I never handled 1.0, so I can't speak much to its construction, but I CAN say that 2.0 is solid and easy to use. The "updates" don't change the routine at all... it's all "behind the scenes". :)
Out now:
https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S22112
I wonder what the differences and new routines are. The trailer is exactly the same and looks the same as before. I an curious about the new routines though.
Heís only about 2 years too late. Anyone who was going to buy a trick Rubikís cube already has. So much better out there for a fraction of the price.
I agree with Pegasus. When this first came out, it was the only game in town. Hence the hefty price. Great routine but fast forward to now when there are so many better versions that are also significantly cheaper. My guess is heís just trying to unload old stock.
Well at $350 I was interested first time around but passed Because of the high price
I now have one on its way to me ordered through Mystique Factory Rubicon 2.0. at a really good price of $200 (Especially as first time around was approximately 7 years ago)
Really looking forward to receiving this
Sorry my mistake it was 4 years ago
[quote]On May 20, 2020, johndevacmaker wrote:
Well at $350 I was interested first time around but passed Because of the high price
I now have one on its way to me ordered through Mystique Factory Rubicon 2.0. at a really good price of $200 (Especially as first time around was approximately 7 years ago)
Really looking forward to receiving this [/quote]

Wow thatís a great deal John $200 thatís = to GBP162

I just checked Saturn Magic and itís selling for GBP328.13 !!

= $403 !! Better than a Half Price !!
Yes I know Jack being in the UK I always
check our dealers first and was astounded
at Saturnís price
[quote]On May 20, 2020, johndevacmaker wrote:
Yes I know Jack being in the UK I always
check our dealers first and was astounded
at Saturnís price [/quote]

He used to have very conservative prices but nowadays

Very expensive as you have shown us

Thanks for the heads up !
I think that they probably didn't lower the price for the 2.0 version. that would make the most sense and Mark seems like a good guy so I don't think he is trying to scam anybody.
328 pounds? Youíd have to be certified as insane. Saturn probably have a drop down box to confirm this before completion of sale.
No that is their price
I believe all your questions are answered in this Propdog review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbkhlRfjziA

Rubicon is discussed at 50:30 mark.

Best,
H