(Close Window)
Topic: Just Joshin' by Josh Janousky
Hey guys! I'm super happy to announce that my book Just Joshin' is now available through your favorite magic shop! These have been huge hits at my lectures and I'm glad to finally be able to share them with you all.

Here is the trailer:
[youtube]1Z4CjlCC8NU[/youtube]

And here is the ad copy!

[quote]Just Joshin’

A beautiful 34-page booklet featuring 10 powerful workers and 97 color photographs.

Royal Twist
Four Aces magically flip from face up to face down. Think you’ve seen this trick before? The surprise royal flush ending (done in the participant’s hand) will catch you off guard.

The Alchemist
During the times of King Arthur, scientists practiced the art of alchemy—turning metal into gold. Like an amateur scientist, you transform a silver ring into solid gold within a burst of flames.

Billuminati
Thanks to Nicolas Cage in National Treasure, many people believe that dollar bills have secrets within. A participant isolates her dollar bill, yet the performer ascertains which Federal Reserve the bill was printed in.

LexICON
The apps on your cellphone rearrange to spell the name of a selected card, color, or other reveal. The best part? This requires no special software and works on any device.

Frost
A credit card slowly melts through the fold of a dollar bill. The visual looks astonishing, and the method will make you smile every time you perform.

Band Thru Thumb
One of the coolest superpowers is intangibility—passing solid objects through each other. An ordinary rubber band is wrapped tightly around your thumb, and it melts through your flesh and bone, leaving you unscathed

Jumping Jack Flash
A progressive handling of “Dr. Daley's Last Trick” merged with “Oil and Water.” The final phase concludes in the participant’s own hands!

Fly
Chris Kenner’s classic “Three Fly” reimagined. You know it. You love it. And now you'll love it even more. Josh’s streamlined handling is fun, visual, and easy to do.

Revise
One folded card is switched for another. The clever gimmick is self-contained within a playing card.

IG
An impossible prediction using social media. Get everyone to interact, gain new followers, and predict the future using Instagram.[/quote]

As always I'm here to answer any questions you may have!

You can pick it up from your favorite magic shop or through me directly. http://www.justjoshinmagic.com/just_joshin_notes.html
Congratulations Josh!
Thanks so much Marc!
Yes, CONGRATULATIONS Josh!

Is there any video accompaniment to your book, performances, demos?
Thanks EZRhythm!

Nope, there aren't any supplemental for this book. However everything is taught in extreme detail and all of the tricks are represented in the demo so you can get an idea of the visuals.

Great question!
Excellent, Thank You Very Much!
My pleasure! Let me know if you have any other questions!
Any of this stuff taught in your upcoming Penguin Lecture ?
[quote]On Feb 23, 2018, rekoj wrote:
Any of this stuff taught in your upcoming Penguin Lecture ? [/quote]

Great question!

Three of the effects are taught on my Penguin Live. Frost, Fly, and The Alchemist. However I cover unique ideas in both, so if you end up getting both, you won't be getting the exact same info twice
Happy for you man. :) I'm a fan, and the book is good work from a guy that has put in the time to do it just right. Good luck with it. :)
Thanks so much man, I really appreciate that! I'm super happy with how these turned out.
Josh gave me a copy at Magi-Fest and I think it's great! The tricks in it are expectedly practical and awesome, and as a bonus, the layout and pictures are really nice.

- Ari
Thanks Ari! I appreciate the glowing endorsement! =D
Josh is by far one of the youngest up and coming minds in magic, quickly joining the ranks of "30 under 30". I've been able to have some time to thoroughly read thru "Just Joshin'" and it's loaded with a lot of goodness. The layout and art is easy on the eyes, making it easier to follow along. I highly endorse LEXIcon, IG, and Billuminati as my favorite effects in the book.
Thanks Matt! That means a lot. I'm glad you enjoyed the layout as well, we worked really hard to make sure this book was visually pleasant and easy to understand
The always fantastic Ekaterina just posted a review with her thoughts on one of the effects taught. You can check it out here!
[youtube]Ll9hW0HtuKM?t=2m52s[/youtube]