(Close Window)
Topic: The Inner Circle of Bizarre Magic Gathering of the Magi 2018
It looks like The Gathering is back. After a year of rest and recouping due to health issues, I am told that The Gathering will be held this year. It will fall on the second weekend in November, so it conveniently falls just after Halloween and before Thanksgiving.

Joe is dedicating this Gathering to the memory of Eugene Burger who attended many of them in the past.

Bruce Barnett will be lecturing on building your own electronic devices. I'm really looking forward to this lecture. I have a few ideas in mind and zero knowledge of electronics.

Leslie Melville will be returning.

So, who besides me is looking forward to attending another Gathering?!?
Where would be a good start.

Maybe a link to a website.

Cost is usually a good thing to talk about.

I might me interested if I had this info.

Don't assume everyone reading you post knows what you are talking about.
Here's the Web site: http://www.icbmmagick.com/ No news about a 2018 Gathering yet.
Good points Al.
I believe the website will be updated soon with all the information.
It's in CT. It's at a different hotel than in the past. I don't know that info yet. But it's usually in the Waterbury, CT area.

More info once I know.
Awsome news Dan. ICBM is not to be missed!
Website partially updated.
Dates and location added.
Prices and talent coming soon.

I was told David London will be performing this year. If you've never seen David London, you ARE missing out.
Count me in
Me too
Here's an update from Joe Cabral about The Gathering...

Hello everyone,
I have info on the web site so attendees can see and print a schedule, book a room, see who is performing so far, print a registration form to mail in.
I am waiting to hear from a few people to complete the performing schedule so it's TBA for now. so please check out the web site and let me know what has to be fixed.
when you go to the web site go to the top of the page and you should see registration forms schedule performers click on them and it should take people to were they need to go.
i have been up most of the night doing this so if you call or email me I most likly wont get back to you until the after noon. tomorrow for the UK friends.
Joe Cabral
I understand that David London will be performing his P.T. Barnum Seance at the Gathering this year. I am really looking forward to that!!!
Leslie Melville will be hosting William Warlock's Appointment with Fear once again. It happens in the hospitality suite at midnight. William Warlock may be reaching out to you to perform, or if you so feel inclined, let Mr Warlock know you'd like to perform and perhaps he can put you on the lineup. It's a nice, informal show in an informal setting. It's a great, safe place to perform if you don't have much flight time under your belt.
Gonna try and make it for once even if it's just for one day. Waterbury is only a 30 minute drive for me so I really have no excuse not to go.
Just heard the great news that Quentin Reynolds will be appearing at the Gathering in November!

And with David London's 'Barnum Seance' also featured, it's coming together nicely!
Terrormaster, The Gathering will be held in Rocky Hill, CT...not Waterbury. Hope that's even closer for you.
EvilDan, saw that and yes much closer - only about 25 minutes drive.
I miss the days of it being only a 2hr drive
Be glad you don't have to travel three and a half thousand miles! - But it's worth every inch!
:snail: :rotf:
A note from Cyril the Sorcerer...

Adding to the many reasons to attend the 27th Gathering of the Magi is the return of the Auction of the Oddities! Bring your magics, eldritch and otherwise, for sale. Bring your cash to pick up great deals at wondrous prices! Whether you buy, sell or merely ponder, make sure to
register at *www.icbmmagick.com <http://www.icbmmagick.com>.*

There are several rules:

1) No cursed items
2) No items banned by the International Convocation of Warlocks as being
hazardous to the public.
3) Nothing living or undead. Dead is okay.

*"Magic, by its ability to capture the imagination, can change the world." *
*- Cyril the Sorcerer*
I'm hoping to be able to make it this year along with Brother William. This is ALWAYS a great time. Great people and great magick discussions.
David, hope you can make it this year as well.
Bruce Barnett will be teaching how to make one of these bad boys at this year's Gathering. Will you be there? I know I'm not going to miss this!!!

https://m.facebook.com/groups/233884110118814?view=permalink&id=978837612290123&comment_id=978904775616740¬if_t=group_highlights¬if_id=1529344980314151&ref=m_notif
Todd Robbins is scheduled to be at the Gathering as well. This is shaping up to be one great convention.

Don't forget to register and book your rooms.
Summer had come and gone. It's time to gear up for the Gathering. Make sure to reserve your room and send in your registration. It's going to be a great time.
Looking forward to seeing old friends and new friends. There is some great stuff happening this year at The Gathering. Don't forget to send in your registration, book your room, and get ready to have the time off your life. See you in November.
Just confirmed our registration! Adrian and I are looking forward to seeing you all in November!
This year William Warlock will be bringing you - THE PLAGUE! :arg: :arg: :arg:
David London will be offering a workshop on Sunday. I'll be signing up for it at the end of the week to take advantage of the special pricing.
Flights booked! - The Plague is coming! :arg:
I am so looking forward to this years gathering! All my stuff is ready to go! I'll see everyone there in just a few short weeks!!!

S. Patrick
I'm so looking forward to this.
Awesome line up, can't wait to attend ICBM! Always a convention to remember.
Jabberwocky.

Quentin Reynolds tells me that he is bringing a few copies of “Jabberwocky – The Lost Writings of Tony ‘Doc’ Shiels” to the forthcoming ICBM/New England Gathering - 8th – 11th.November.

Tony Shiels, as many will know, is one of the original thinkers from the early days of ‘Bizarre Magick’. In the late 1960’s he wrote 13 articles in The Budget (the monthly magazine of the IBM British Ring). He also made contributions to Tony Raven’s ‘Invocation’.

Quentin has compiled into one 68 page, immensely readable book, all of these writings, plus many of The Doc’s additional thoughts, interviews, and insights into our strange world.

It makes fascinating, informative and very entertaining reading and I don’t expect him to be taking any copies back home!