(Close Window)
Topic: Ellusionist are now selling decks without tucks and calling them RELOADS
Introducing RELOADS... A tuckless deck wrapped securely in cellophane. https://www.ellusionist.com/green-keepers-reloads.html

If you're anything like us the cards LIVE in your hands. You sometimes set them down at your desk, in your kitchen or in the bathroom. (Don't pretend that's just us.)

Often in performance the tuck is discarded, or placed safely in your case while your deck takes on the inevitable damage of bends, slaps, crimps, sweat, sharpie and the sticky fingers of spectators.

For cardists the tuck is actually a hinderance. One more first world problem to elimate. Those seconds removing the deck from the tuck really add up.

With RELOADS we help to streamline your EDC (every day carry), help the environment (by not printing tucks that can be reused) and provide a cost effective solution to your increasingly expensive passion.

From just $2.98 per deck when buying 12, these decks arrive in the mail in perfect condition and can be opened with a quick cello-snap.

The first deck to introduce this concept is Sea Green Keepers. A maiden voyage deserves a skipper we can trust.

Keepers are designed for workers, so Green Keeper RELOADS are perfect for those who hop from table to table destroying decks and giving away signed cards.

Printed on Cartamundi's famed B9 stock for durability, these outlast any deck we've ever put it head-to-head against.

RELOAD your playing card supply today : https://www.ellusionist.com/green-keepers-reloads.html

Hopefully the workers here appreciate this initiative. :)

- G
How much would the empty tucks cost to buy?
Tucks and Reloads, is that slang for meaning something?

Never heard this language before.
I guess Tuck is a friar

Reloads was a Matrix sequel

Some kind of new version of a Matrix effect that will fry specs brains [?]

Or... they have come up with the 'genius' idea of selling cards unboxed - hmm
[quote]On May 15, 2018, GeraintClarke wrote:

With RELOADS we... help the environment
[/quote]

:rotf:
I guess I'm not seeing what the benefit of this is.

It's a deck, securely wrapped in cellophane... that you later take off, and cannot put back on.

Here's something I used to do: carry 3 decks - 1 in a card box (for effects which use a box), and rubber bands around the other 2. When Deck #1 was shot, I'd toss it, take out another deck, remove the rubber band, and load it into the box. When done in front of people, it now makes sense to have a rubber band to use for effects, rather than "randomly pulling out this ordinary rubber band that I just happen to carry". And if it's a g*******d band, then it's even better, since people have seen a justified use of the band, prior to it being part of the magic.

Anyway, is this intended to reduce the number of empty boxes we all have laying around?
I didn't relate to the ad copy either--and I'm a worker that burns through a deck an hour, on average, at an event. They go straight into a Porper Clip when I'm not using them. I've never put an unboxed deck of cards in my pocket--not sure why I would. Is that common?
I found the idea excellent, I will be ordering for sure bn. I only wish the decks were red or blue
So, for me I see the huge benefit being this:

- My tuck boxes tend not to get damaged for a long time but my cards do. It seems a waste to throw tuck boxes away that are in good condition just because the deck is worn.
- The price of a standard deck of Keepers is $7.
- If you buy 12 Reload decks of Keepers the cost is $2.98 a deck.

So for 1 brick of all boxed keepers that's [b]$84[/b] but for a brick of Keeper Reloads it's [b]$35.76.[/b]

The benefit for me is a [b]massive saving of $48.24[/b] per brick, for some of the best premium playing cards on the market. All you need is to look after a tuck box to keep the current deck you're using at the time in.

However, if you do want to buy Keepers with a tuck box, the option is still there. I can't see any negatives to this at all. Only strong positives.

Cheers,
Lloyd
Actually think this is great. It seems a lot people will under estimate just how much printing and cutting of packaging can cost.

Just a shame I'm over here in the uk so shipping makes it not quite as good a deal.
Kind of hints at where the costs of producing decks mostly come from. LoL.

This offering makes sense though, boxes lasts far longer than cards. Buy the cards with the boxes first and then refill as needed until your boxes are in horrendous condition.
[quote]On May 16, 2018, Lloyd Barnes wrote:

- My tuck boxes tend not to get damaged for a long time but my cards do. It seems a waste to throw tuck boxes away that are in good condition just because the deck is worn.

So for 1 brick of all boxed keepers that's [b]$84[/b] but for a brick of Keeper Reloads it's [b]$35.76.[/b]

The benefit for me is a [b]massive saving of $48.24[/b] per brick, for some of the best premium playing cards on the market. All you need is to look after a tuck box to keep the current deck you're using at the time in.

However, if you do want to buy Keepers with a tuck box, the option is still there. I can't see any negatives to this at all. Only strong positives.

Cheers,
Lloyd [/quote]
To be honest, I feel like Keepers with tuck boxes are pretty overpriced. You could buy a brick of elite editions for 40$ WITH tuck boxes!
[quote]On May 16, 2018, Lloyd Barnes wrote:

Cheers,
Lloyd [/quote]

My first concern is that you see no negative here. Are you saying you don't want us to buy Blue Bikes in boxes with good cello, so that we can perform "Ghost System"? If you use reloads, the cello on the box / tuck you reuse is going to eventually lose its cello, so you may as well buy new decks that work. (Not just "Ghost System" but there are tons of effects that use the box / cello that re-using all the time would damage eventually).

I also have to agree the math is flawed. Most "workers" use Bikes, Tally-Ho, Phoenix that can be bought for anywhere from $12 - $40 a Brick - ALL complete with their own reusable box / tuck and wrapped in cello "outside the card box". Plus, if you truly want a "Premium" deck, you can get Richard Turner Gold Seals for $3.85 ea.

[quote]On May 15, 2018, GeraintClarke wrote:
With RELOADS we... help the environment
[/quote]

If each deck is wrapped in cellophane to be torn off and the cards put in an old tuck box, you are still putting non biodegradable cellophane into the environment. Once opened, the wrapper is trash in this case. At least with regular decks we have now, the wrap stays with the box and serves as a holder for an extra card or so, hiding or being a gimmick or part of one which makes the "trash" still usable for the duration of the box and deck.
Also their maths is sneaky

As if you buy a brick with boxes, it says on their website it will be $5

Or a brick without $3

But in this thread you are taking the volume discount for the boxless ones and comparing that to the single unit amount for those with boxes.

TBH I lost interest in ‘keepers’ when I saw the silly video of magicians being blindfolded and being asked which deck was the keepers and which were bikes

At the end the video says the ‘keepers’ decks “won”

What?

You asked them if they could tell the difference, then when they said ‘these are the keepers’ counted that like they were saying that was the best deck

Super shady both on the magicians (false endorsements) and on ppl watching the video (by trying to pull a fast one)

So for me ellusionists decks are most definitely not ‘keepers’
[quote]On May 17, 2018, The Duster wrote:

Or a brick without $3

But in this thread you are taking the volume discount for the boxless ones and comparing that to the single unit amount for those with boxes.

TBH I lost interest in ‘keepers’ when I saw the silly video of magicians being blindfolded and being asked which deck was the keepers and which were bikes

What?

You asked them if they could tell the difference, then when they said ‘these are the keepers’ counted that like they were saying that was the best deck

Super shady both on the magicians (false endorsements) and on ppl watching the video (by trying to pull a fast one)

So for me ellusionists decks are most definitely not ‘keepers’ [/quote]
I mean, buyers will see that its 5$ so I think it wont be too much of a problem. Also, with that keepers vs bikes vid, it is really deceptive. I hate how magic shops mislead others just for their own profit. :P
[quote]On May 17, 2018, KazMagic wrote:

Or a brick without $3

What?

So for me ellusionists decks are most definitely not ‘keepers’ [/quote]
I mean, buyers will see that its 5$ so I think it wont be too much of a problem. But with that keepers vs bikes vid, it is really deceptive. I hate how magic shops mislead others just for their own profit. :( [/quote]
This is one of the more ridiculous things I've ever heard of. Won't they be more suspect to damage if not in a case? I only use Richard Turner Gold Seal Bicycle cards, keep them in a Porper clip and I have decks that last for a month or even longer. Don't think that would be possible if there was no case. And these cards are strictly for when you want to just leave them around on your coffee table, desk, back of your toilet..... so they can easily spill everywhere. Wouldn't you prefer a case so you can keep them in a clip in your pocket, or bag? I'm never more than a few inches from a deck of cards. If there's not a deck in my hands, it's in my pocket. There's also one in my briefcase. If I'm sleeping, there's a deck in a clip on my bedside table. If I did that without a box, it'd be a mess. To me, this is planned obsolescence.
Pepka

The idea is the deck you use has worn out, or been torn and restored / signed and kept as a souvenir....

Then you take a new boxless packet and put it in the old box

So the box gets reused many times

You are just ‘reloading’ it with the new (boxless) decks

So they are not suggesting you use decks sans boxes, and have them sitting around loose
Pepka

The idea is the deck you use has worn out, or been torn and restored / signed and kept as a souvenir....

Then you take a new boxless packet and put it in the old box

So the box gets reused many times

You are just ‘reloading’ it with the new (boxless) decks

So they are not suggesting you use decks sans boxes, and have them sitting around loose [/quote]

This guy gets it.
[quote]On May 15, 2018, TheSecretFire wrote:
When done in front of people, it now makes sense to have a rubber band to use for effects, rather than "randomly pulling out this ordinary rubber band that I just happen to carry".
[/quote]

As opposed to randomly pulling out this pack of playing cards I just happen to carry?
I remember seeing Sankey lecture WAY back and he advocated having the deck unboxed in your pocket when working to just minimise the time lapse of taking it out of the box, an action he described in the lecture as the kiss of death for your momentum in performance. I used to do that and it did feel pretty pacy, just grabbing out the cards, but then I never really felt like a boxed deck slammed the brakes on so who knows.

I do know how flipping expensive the box is when you are having decks printed though, lol. Good luck guys!

Phill
Outside of what's been stated... Simple way to put it... If you like the Keepers Decks and use them regularly, then save some money and by the ones with no tuck cases and reuse the tuck cases you have. Simple as that.
What does box that holds the brick look like?
Normal brick boxes.
Any plans for a pinochle deck? With Revive being released, it would be nice.
Some people really do burn through decks. I don't but I do make crafty use of the tuck boxes.
I don't use cards much though, probably have a 10 year supply now.
I do miss those decks with cards wrapped in cellophane and placed inside a tuck box. So clever.
Makes complete sense to me. My card box, out lives my decks, always. I will be purchasing as soon as reloads come out in Blue/Red keepers. Thanks