(Close Window)
Topic: AmazeBox Kraft by Mark Shortland
A new updated version has been released and I like it a lot.

It is compact, folds flat for transport easily, has magnetic locking and looks like a cardboard box.

Check it out here https://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magic-shop/amazebox-kraft--gimmick-and-online-instructions--by-mark-shortland-and-vanishing-inc--theory11--trick.html

We are also supplying free of charge some extra gimmicks to enhance the use of the box for anyone buying this from us, along with a bonus video to show you how to install the extra gimmicks.
I have the original version and would like to know some more details.
1. What are the dimensions when flat?
2. How easy is it to collapse and re-build?
3. Can it be flat and loaded?
4. Can it be assembled in front of an audience?
5. Does it "work" the same as the original?

Thanks, Ted
Love the look of the new box, looks very natural, well as natural as you can get! Very tempted!
[quote]On May 22, 2018, tgplano wrote:

Thanks, Ted [/quote]

1: The envelope it comes in is approx 55 x 43cm
2: Very see my Facebook Vlog https://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/blog/
3: No
4: Yes but it would not be loaded which would be of no use.
5: The method yes but box design is different and improved.

We also include a free magnet pack to add to the box to make things a little bit better if you buy from Saturn Magic. https://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magic-shop/amazebox-kraft--gimmick-and-online-instructions--by-mark-shortland-and-vanishing-inc--theory11--trick.html
I have it and love it as it provides just another look in addition to the white and black one. I'm not going to go into details why this is great prop.
[quote]On May 22, 2018, Saturn UK wrote:

Thanks, Ted [/quote]

We also include a free magnet pack to add to the box to make things a little bit better if you buy from Saturn Magic. https://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magic-shop/amazebox-kraft--gimmick-and-online-instructions--by-mark-shortland-and-vanishing-inc--theory11--trick.html [/quote]

Doesn't it already come with magnets or do you provide extras?
Message: Posted by: innercirclewannabe (May 23, 2018 01:22PM)
[quote]On May 22, 2018, rklew64 wrote:
I have it and love it as it provides just another look in addition to the white and black one. I'm not going to go into details why this is great prop. [/quote]

You don't have to, a simple google search will show the curious more than enough on the trailer. It really p***es me off the way its gone. No more secrets, all about the sale. There's zero chance I will buy this or any of the other of the "latest & greatest" that Mr or Mrs Google can find with the explanation trailers.
[quote]On May 23, 2018, innercirclewannabe wrote:
I have it and love it as it provides just another look in addition to the white and black one. I'm not going to go into details why this is great prop. [/quote]

You don't have to, a simple google search will show the curious more than enough on the trailer. It really p***es me off the way its gone. No more secrets, all about the sale. There's zero chance I will buy this or any of the other of the "latest & greatest" that Mr or Mrs Google can find with the explanation trailers. [/quote]

Donít forget YouTube.
[quote]On May 23, 2018, magicinsight wrote:

Thanks, Ted [/quote]

We also include a free magnet pack to add to the box to make things a little bit better if you buy from Saturn Magic. https://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magic-shop/amazebox-kraft--gimmick-and-online-instructions--by-mark-shortland-and-vanishing-inc--theory11--trick.html [/quote]

Doesn't it already come with magnets or do you provide extras? [/quote]

Our magnet set is in addition to the ones installed, I feel they are needed I'm surprised they did not fit them or something else to do the job as standard.
Does this version still use Velcro?
What is the size of the box when assembled ?
[quote]On May 23, 2018, shomemagic wrote:
What is the size of the box when assembled ? [/quote]

See here for details https://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/blog/
[quote]On May 23, 2018, Saturn UK wrote:
[quote]On May 23, 2018, magicinsight wrote:

Thanks, Ted [/quote]

Doesn't it already come with magnets or do you provide extras? [/quote]

Our magnet set is in addition to the ones installed, I feel they are needed I'm surprised they did not fit them or something else to do the job as standard. [/quote]

Does this mean that it is not really working as well as it should with the supplied magnets?
These are extra and nothing to do with the ones supplied.
I love how clever the amazebox is. I have my black one collecting dust until I find something cool to use it for. To be fair, I donít so much mentalism work.

You don't have to, a simple google search will show the curious more than enough on the trailer. It really p***es me off the way its gone. No more secrets, all about the sale. There's zero chance I will buy this or any of the other of the "latest & greatest" that Mr or Mrs Google can find with the explanation trailers. [/quote]

I was going to say that while I agree with you, utility items are usually a bit more google-proof because, in most cases, they seem a minor part of the presentation. Nope- google cardboard box prediction and a link to buy from Vanishing Inc comes up near the top. F. that. (Cue all the 'pros' lining up to say that specs don't care about secrets, real performers don't care about Google, blah, blah blah.).
Now try that same Google search in an incognito browser, where google is not using your magicians history to show you more relevant searches, and you will get a different result with none of the links you mention.

99.99% of spectators just want to be entertained and have no interest in googling anything magic related. The couple who are also have to be savvy enough to get the correct search terms, which is NOT a given.

Believe what you want, but I think this is much to do about nothing.

[quote]On May 23, 2018, Calvin826 wrote:

I was going to say that while I agree with you, utility items are usually a bit more google-proof because, in most cases, they seem a minor part of the presentation. Nope- google cardboard box prediction and a link to buy from Vanishing Inc comes up near the top. F. that. (Cue all the 'pros' lining up to say that specs don't care about secrets, real performers don't care about Google, blah, blah blah.). [/quote]
I agree with Kaliix.
Message: Posted by: innercirclewannabe (May 24, 2018 02:28PM)
[quote]On May 23, 2018, Kaliix wrote:
Now try that same Google search in an incognito browser, where google is not using your magicians history to show you more relevant searches, and you will get a different result with none of the links you mention.

99.99% of spectators just want to be entertained and have no interest in googling anything magic related. The couple who are also have to be savvy enough to get the correct search terms, which is NOT a given.

Believe what you want, but I think this is much to do about nothing.

[quote]On May 23, 2018, Calvin826 wrote:

I was going to say that while I agree with you, utility items are usually a bit more google-proof because, in most cases, they seem a minor part of the presentation. Nope- google cardboard box prediction and a link to buy from Vanishing Inc comes up near the top. F. that. (Cue all the 'pros' lining up to say that specs don't care about secrets, real performers don't care about Google, blah, blah blah.). [/quote] [/quote]

If you're going to quote me Kaliix, will you at least quote me correctly. Also, I mentioned no words for a google search, not sure how you understood that I did? Finally, we will have to agree to disagree on this one. I believe that the art is dying a death because, simply put, secrets are not secrets anymore. The mystery that was once associated with what we do is now too easily exposed. Hence me taking extra care not to get caught up in the 'latest and greatest'. Good luck to those that do. I have my opinion and you have yours. Carry on.
:D
Innercirclewannabe, I understnd that quoting 2 replies in the same post can be confusing but you should know by now that it's typically the LAST post in the quote that is being replied to so I believe Kaliix was responding to Calvin826 and not you. And what Kaliix said is true. Googling cardboard box prediction does NOT bring up anything exposing the trick if done from a neutral browser history.

You are free to believe that the art is dying a slow death but it is difficult to provide any conclusive evidence that that is the case.
For most effects it is hard to google an expose and the vast majority of people do not bother anyway.
Not to mention that the the enjoyment and entertainment should go beyond merely the secret anyway.
But fair enough, we can agree to disagree if you like. :)
Innercirclewannabe, I wasn't quoting you. The only person who cited a google search was Calvin826. My post was directly after his and his statement was quoted in my post. So if you are going to quote me, at least do it correctly. ;-)
Message: Posted by: innercirclewannabe (May 24, 2018 03:54PM)
[quote]On May 24, 2018, Kaliix wrote:
Innercirclewannabe, I wasn't quoting you. The only person who cited a google search was Calvin826. My post was directly after his and his statement was quoted in my post. So if you are going to quote me, at least do it correctly. ;-) [/quote]

Point taken. I seen my username beside a quote that wasn't mine - hence the confusion. Anyway, I stand by my opinion as I am sure you do.
Message: Posted by: innercirclewannabe (May 24, 2018 03:56PM)
[quote]On May 24, 2018, videoman wrote:
Innercirclewannabe, I understnd that quoting 2 replies in the same post can be confusing but you should know by now that it's typically the LAST post in the quote that is being replied to so I believe Kaliix was responding to Calvin826 and not you. And what Kaliix said is true. Googling cardboard box prediction does NOT bring up anything exposing the trick if done from a neutral browser history.

You are free to believe that the art is dying a slow death but it is difficult to provide any conclusive evidence that that is the case.
For most effects it is hard to google an expose and the vast majority of people do not bother anyway.
Not to mention that the the enjoyment and entertainment should go beyond merely the secret anyway.
But fair enough, we can agree to disagree if you like. :) [/quote]

Absolutely Videoman. Well said.
Hi, I'm a long-time reader and a first-time poster. I'm on the fence trying to decide whether AmazeBox Kraft by Mark is worth buying. Can standard-sized playing cards be put into it and force them to other cards without folding them?
What irks me about this whole thing is that I paid a lot of money for this very clever, but still made of cardboard, box. Now they have a new version and if we own the original we have to pay full price for the updated version? Thatís bulls**t.
[quote]On May 25, 2018, BAGWIZ wrote:
What irks me about this whole thing is that I paid a lot of money for this very clever, but still made of cardboard, box. Now they have a new version and if we own the original we have to pay full price for the updated version? Thatís bulls**t. [/quote]

I bought a TV a couple years ago, guess what they now have a newer better version and if I want it I have to pay full price.

I guess I have to stick with my old one that works or sell it on and get the new version I really like the look and features of.
[quote]On May 25, 2018, Saturn UK wrote:
What irks me about this whole thing is that I paid a lot of money for this very clever, but still made of cardboard, box. Now they have a new version and if we own the original we have to pay full price for the updated version? Thatís bulls**t. [/quote]

I bought a TV a couple years ago, guess what they now have a newer better version and if I want it I have to pay full price.

I guess I have to stick with my old one that works or sell it on and get the new version I really like the look and features of. [/quote]

He does have a valid point. Many companies today offer return customer upgrade discounts for returning customers that already own the previous release/product TVs are just one example of those that don't. Many do.

Mobile Phones
Software Companies
Roku
Xbox/Microsoft
GM, Ford, Jeep
Xerox
[quote]On May 25, 2018, tmoca wrote:
[quote]On May 25, 2018, Saturn UK wrote:

I guess I have to stick with my old one that works or sell it on and get the new version I really like the look and features of. [/quote]

He does have a valid point. Many companies today offer return customer upgrade discounts for returning customers that already own the previous release/product TVs are just one example of those that don't. Many do.

Mobile Phones
Software Companies
Roku
Xbox/Microsoft
GM, Ford, Jeep
Xerox [/quote]

I would dare say that most products don't.

It really doesn't matter how many do or how many don't; if that's what's important to you, then it's up to the buyer to find out that information prior to the purchase.

Don't blame the seller for not doing something that he never packaged with the sale. (This coming from a person that's in the same situation as you - but I don't expect him to refund me for my purchase).
I'm on the fence on getting this, as I live in South Africa, so it's quite an investment every time I purchase something (as I have to buy 3/4 expensive items to warrant the DHL costs)

Without getting the whole "Experience and spectator management" lecture, does the box switch back to the spectator billets from the force billets when it's closed back up? I'm just wondering if you ever get a situation where spectators want to look in the box after the reveal.

I suppose it's overkill, was just wondering :-P
Waiting for it arrival :yippee:
No Nathan it does not automatically switch back
Hi Nathan,

Xcath1 already answered your question directly but itís worth adding that there are alternatives ways to accomplish your goal. Without tipping too much... consider the possibilities if you use a few different colored slips of paper... OR you could always just p***/l*** some papers that are then read aloud to show ďwhat could have been.Ē

Best,

Drew
I HATE the AmazeBox. Why? It is so good I don't want anyone else to use it, seriously don't buy it. I want to be the only one to perform it.
[quote]On Jun 12, 2018, DrewBstoss wrote:
Hi Nathan,

Xcath1 already answered your question directly but itís worth adding that there are alternatives ways to accomplish your goal. Without tipping too much... consider the possibilities if you use a few different colored slips of paper... OR you could always just p***/l*** some papers that are then read aloud to show ďwhat could have been.Ē

Best,

Drew [/quote]

Thanks Drew and Xcath1!
I'm waiting for mine in the mail. Purchased it from Theory11. The instructional video had me so excited!

I have a corporate gig next month where the guests are a bunch of golfers. Can't wait to unleash this upon them :-P (Thinking having them complete imaginary scores on 9 hole golf score cards)
Good luck if you check the Amazebox Facebook page you will see that there are a ton of negative reviews on the Kraft version. Much worse than the white box. Whoever they had mfg these ( probably China) did a poor job. Just about everything about it is poor. Off center, the flaps will not stay closed, the slot is is off enter at the top. A lot of angry people. I know I got one. Terrible quality.
Thatís too bad, sorry to hear that.
So maybe you try to save a few bucks in order to keep the selling price down and try a different manufacturer. But then you discover the quality is sub-par.
But you just go ahead and sell them anyway?
Here is my mini review:

The best just got even BETTER! I simply love the improvements of this new version of one of the cleverest switching devices ever.

Mark Shortland was genius in coming up with this, and I have owned both the original white box since it was released + the black one. I have used the boxes for the past 3+ years in many of my stage and parlor shows and it flies under all radar. BUT this new Kraft style box exceeds them all. It looks 100% brown paper innocent, and there are many small improvement including

1) ease of set-up. The box requires ZERO arts & krafts, cutting, gluing, X-acto knifing. None. This is a plug & play box, and with the video you will be up and running in 10 min. In the past the originals required some crafts. The Kraft edition needs nada. Great!
2) Box is BIGGER - holds WAY more billets
3) The addition of improved inner magnets (already built-in) holds the inner secret area, and precludes the possibility of a spectator discovering the secret
4) Easy unpacking for travel.

I give this new Kraft version 5 stars. It is exceptionally innocent and the best yet.
[quote]On Jun 24, 2018, magicbyswh wrote:
Good luck if you check the Amazebox Facebook page you will see that there are a ton of negative reviews on the Kraft version. Much worse than the white box. Whoever they had mfg these ( probably China) did a poor job. Just about everything about it is poor. Off center, the flaps will not stay closed, the slot is is off enter at the top. A lot of angry people. I know I got one. Terrible quality. [/quote]

NOT TRUE.

Mine is perfect and the quality is perfect. I have all 3 versions and bought the original Mark Shortland white box when 1st released.

My flaps stay closed. The thing is made of PAPER/CARDBOARD. You bend it as taught in the video, wear the paper in a bit... flaps stay perfectly closed with the velcro. The slots are perfect and align.

This is a PLUG & PLAY box. No cutting, no muss, no fuss, no tape, no glue, no X-acto knives, no taping magnets... NOTHING. Just build your box in 10 min. I highly recommend this product. Sensational.
[quote]On Jul 9, 2018, saysold1 wrote:
[quote]On Jun 24, 2018, magicbyswh wrote:
Good luck if you check the Amazebox Facebook page you will see that there are a ton of negative reviews on the Kraft version. Much worse than the white box. Whoever they had mfg these ( probably China) did a poor job. Just about everything about it is poor. Off center, the flaps will not stay closed, the slot is is off enter at the top. A lot of angry people. I know I got one. Terrible quality. [/quote]

NOT TRUE.

Mine is perfect and the quality is perfect. I have all 3 versions and bought the original Mark Shortland white box when 1st released.

My flaps stay closed. The thing is made of PAPER/CARDBOARD. You bend it as taught in the video, wear the paper in a bit... flaps stay perfectly closed with the velcro. The slots are perfect and align.

This is a PLUG & PLAY box. No cutting, no muss, no fuss, no tape, no glue, no X-acto knives, no taping magnets... NOTHING. Just build your box in 10 min. I highly recommend this product. Sensational. [/quote]

It really seems hit or miss. I have a white one and never had an issue with it. a friend of mine picked up a white one at the same time and it is great. He picked up the black one and it had a slot issue. He got the kraft version and the first one had the not staying closed issue. Second one stayed closed but had the slot issue. Third one had both. It wasn't until the fourth on that it was fine.
Ya but the thing with the CLOSURE is pretty simple to figure out: The stiff cardboard needs to be un-stiffened and worn in to help it stay closed. Mine too was initially stiff. Now it stays closed after just a bit of bending back and forth.

These are natural paper products.

I think Vanishing Inc and Theory 11 are two of the best magic companies on the planet. I know they will both stand behind their stuff.

The Amazebox Kraft is the cat's meow - genius idea, best version so far, and I own them all.
Do you have to have yours facing a certain way around to prevent things falling where they shouldn't go?

It's a pretty big problem with mine and clearly visible unless orientated the right way. I wouldn't feel safe getting a helper to collect the bullets and open the box on their own.
[quote]On Jul 9, 2018, Pixelated wrote:
Do you have to have yours facing a certain way around to prevent things falling where they shouldn't go?

It's a pretty big problem with mine and clearly visible unless orientated the right way. I wouldn't feel safe getting a helper to collect the bullets and open the box on their own. [/quote]

That seems to be the biggest issue with them right now, the gap. It's not from people not following the instructions.
I donít understand what facing a certain direction means???

Is what facing? The slot? The opening? Falling where they shouldnít go?

Look - load the billets/ flip flap open/ close box and flaps on sides/ pass box around audience to fill. Itís very simple. Nothing should go where it shouldnít. The New Kraft box is 99.9% ready and built. Just fold and assemble.

Like I said Iíve owned 3 of these units since the first week released. The original, the black one and now this new Kraft. The black one was honestly a slight pain because it required cutting and tape/glue to assemble. Thus Kraft box is ready to roll so itís the best one thus far. Iíve used these for years now and itís ingenius and works.

Your mileage may vary. But I stand behind my wholeheartedl recommendation.

Is what facing? The slot? The opening? Falling where they shouldnít go?[/quote]

He's talking about having them drop the billets in the box when the box's opening side/tab side is facing them or facing you. Some of these boxes have a gap between the two partitions and when they drop their billet in the box, they could pitch it into the force side.
There is a noticeable gap inside the slot if viewed from the front of the box and I think the concern is that someone may insert the billet in the gap. Donít know if that is likely to happen but I think that is what people are referring to.
[quote]On Jul 9, 2018, PatrickGregoire wrote:

He's talking about having them drop the billets in the box when the box's opening side/tab side is facing them or facing you. Some of these boxes have a gap between the two partitions and when they drop their billet in the box, they could pitch it into the force side. [/quote]

Now I see - so if billets don't go IN the slot, they might get caught at the top?

For me it's an audience management thing - "ladies and gentlemen, please make sure your FOLDED slip goes all the way straight through the TOP slot - into the box."

He's talking about having them drop the billets in the box when the box's opening side/tab side is facing them or facing you. Some of these boxes have a gap between the two partitions and when they drop their billet in the box, they could pitch it into the force side. [/quote]

Now I see - so if billets don't go IN the slot, they might get caught at the top?

For me it's an audience management thing - "ladies and gentlemen, please make sure your FOLDED slip goes all the way straight through the TOP slot - into the box." [/quote]

IT is a pretty big gap like over a quarter inch. At the point it is beyond audience management, If the lights are dimmed if you have it set up and having people drop stuff in pre-show things like that then there is a chance it can do in the wrong side and maybe end up somewhere where you REALLY don't want them. I love the box. I use mine a ton. But I have seen the issues with the kraft box first hand. It is really hit or miss with these.

Did you experience an issue like this with the Kraft box Patrick?

Bottom line is any dealer should offer you an exchange for a manufacturing defect. For me it is hard to relate to as the one I have was 100% perfect.
[quote]On Jul 10, 2018, saysold1 wrote:

Did you experience an issue like this with the Kraft box Patrick?

Bottom line is any dealer should offer you an exchange for a manufacturing defect. For me it is hard to relate to as the one I have was 100% perfect. [/quote]

My friend had to return his kraft box three times before he had one with no slot issue or closing issue. If you are a member of the facebook group, you can see the pictures of some of these boxes and the gap and it seems to be an issue with the kraft boxes. People have talked about that yes the paper has ended up in the wrong part of the box. Yes T11 and Vanishing Inc are exchanging the boxes, but it is odd that something that wasn't an issue with the gen 1 white boxes are now an issue with the gen 3 boxes. My advice is for those who end up with a bad box send it back until you get a proper box because these things are amazing. They are limited only by your imagination and creativity.
I own the Kraft, had a small issue with the flaps didn't staying closed, and the mentioned gap is also in my box

As to the flaps, if it hould be a problem, peel off the velcro tabs, and apply bigger ones, like 2x2 cm
Problem solved.

The gap is refered to as all billets inserted end up in the wrong compartment
That I not so
If you are extremely unfortunate, maybe one or two will
Depending on how many billets you use, the chance for that a billet which ended up in the wrong compartment is chosen,is very small.

If that should happen, I am certain that you will find a way out.
[quote]On Jul 16, 2018, Ceratini wrote:
I own the Kraft, had a small issue with the flaps didn't staying closed, and the mentioned gap is also in my box

As to the flaps, if it hould be a problem, peel off the velcro tabs, and apply bigger ones, like 2x2 cm
Problem solved.

That I not so
Depending on how many billets you use, the chance for that a billet which ended up in the wrong compartment is chosen,is very small.

If that should happen, I am certain that you will find a way out. [/quote]

It was not an issue with the white version. We shouldn't have to have and out for something that should not happen in the first place. The gap started with the black box and got worse this time around.
Thereís no gap in the original? The gap on the Kraft is very apparent to me especially when opening the from the front and looks suspicious. So much so I prefer to have the box opened from the back.
[quote]On Jul 16, 2018, Ceratini wrote:

Problem solved.

That I not so

If that should happen, I am certain that you will find a way out. [/quote]

So replacing the Velcro and having to have an out ready in case the wrong billet gets selected is not really any big deal to you?
Wouldnít it have been better to exchange the product for one constructed properly?
This is not a big problem for me.
However, such a box is not perpetual, but a consumer article
I expect my to last for 15, maybe 20 performances, and that's ok for me.

What I do is to notify the supplier of the deviations and request a discount in the price of the next box I order
Wow people on this forum really do like to cry don't they?!

Firstly, nobody is forcing anybody to buy this product. One common thing I see all the time is people discussing magic products as though the creators/distributors are forcing them to buy it. Of course they have to make sales, but if something is not for you and you don't like it, don't buy it. Simple.

Secondly, you don't have to pick out the tiniest flaws and exaggerate them when there's no reason to.

I was completely unaware of what the Amazebox was until recently. I took a good look (online) at all 3 styles and decided to go with the Kraft version. There is NOTHING wrong with it. Once again it's just magicians/mentalists overthinking and overanalysing every aspect of everything to the point where it is borderline psychotic.

If you own the Kraft version and you are worried about that gap, try this: Set your box, fold a billet, now try and intentionally put the billet through that gap. See how odd and unnatural that feels? Yeah, exactly. I can't imagine any audience member doing that. You have to make a conscious effort to push a billet through that gap.

Now try this: Turn your box around so that the top, opening tab is facing away from you, now try and insert a billet into that gap. This time it is even more difficult. You'd have to actually know exactly what the Amazebox is to be able to get a billet through there, and even then it is a struggle.

Still worried about the gap? Get a different style box. Want the Kraft but still worried about the gap? Mark your force billets with a pencil dot. That way you will see if your spectator removes one of 50+ force billets or an extremely unlikely audience billet. Even if one did manage to get through, the chances of them picking that one out of 50+ are extremely slim. I'd be willing to bet money on it. If your spectator does somehow manage to get an audience written billet, ask them to open it up and read it out loud. If it isn't your force, simply say, "As you can see, every mind in this audience is different. If we were to ask everyone else what they wrote, it would be different from what is written there. You probably thought of something different too. So as you can see, this is completely random. Now take out one more and that is the one we will use." Now you've not only cleaned up, you've also shown that there are indeed different choices coming from the box.

Also remember, you know what this box is, how it works and how it is made. You've seen and handled it from all angles in all lighting. You've practiced with it, set and reset it, numerous times. Your audience members see a simple cardboard box for a few moments while they drop a piece of paper inside. If anyone or anything is causing problems, it is you.
Should the velcro be insufficient could you not just permanently glue it. That, I assume, would mean one would have to keep it together instead of taking apart for transport but I think most keep it together anyway.
Sadly I must retract my original glowing review.

Got badly burned at a corporate show a few days ago. What happened? Multiple folded index cards went in that nasty gap - and spectator of course picked one of those. I got out of it and it was a mid piece so no disaster but that stupid gap is far more troublesome than I anticipated. My original small white box was a superior design.

These need to be rethought. Itís a darn shame. For those who say the odds are slim that things can go awry, au contraire.

Iím curious as to why creator Mark Shortland didnít catch this gap error?
[quote]On Jul 9, 2018, kipling100 wrote:
There is a noticeable gap inside the slot if viewed from the front of the box and I think the concern is that someone may insert the billet in the gap. Donít know if that is likely to happen but I think that is what people are referring to. [/quote]

I was wrong. You are absolutely correct.
This is why mine is still in the packaging after setting it up once. I wanted to use it for a finale but the risk is too high for a closer.