(Close Window)
Topic: Can you name one good thing about this performance?
Be fascinated to hear your opinions.

[youtube]haZ4usH_Wqg[/youtube]
Yes. He gave away some candy and a Batman toy!
It ended.
This was posted on my 'Trix in the Stix' Facebook group and has drawn many negative comments, and rightly so. It was Mister Chubbz last magic show and that is probably for the best. If I was to offer a serious critique of the performance. I would say that the most important thing when working for children is to be enthusiastic and look like you are enjoying yourself. He clearly isn't doing either of these things. Forget the swearing, forget the rudeness, the exposure, the fumbling. Forget the way he stops the show to leer at a woman in the crowd and comment on her rear end. Forget the fact that he keeps telling the children that he will be Santa this Christmas. The number one problem with this performance is that he looks like he doesn't want to be there in the first place. He has clearly lost all love for what he is doing, if he ever had any in the first place. He's chosen to retire and that is definitely the right decision. For that at least, I respect him.
My computer is malfunctioning, and I couldn't watch it. 2 million thanks, Kimmo1! You've saved me from watching it.
It's a shame as this is the kind of thing that leads to the stereotypical kid's magician by many lay people. So much wrong here. Stempleton got it right.