(Close Window)
Topic: New Bar Magic DVD?
I have been a bartender/magician for the last 10 years or so. A friend of mine suggested that I produce a DvD for magicians. My material is commercial enough to use outside of the bar as I do when I am doing a gig. My question for those of you out there do you think that there is room in the market for a dvd like this. I know that there are some great dvds already out. If I do this I think that I would do it with live footage of the bar that I work at and then teach the material inside a studio. To be honest I don't really want to do the work if there isn't a market for it. Any thoughts on the subject would be apreciated.

Tpdmagic
TPDmagic,

Maybe this will help you. First there are already some DVDs selling 'bar magic' that is a good sign.

But here are few more things to look at. Is the business of 'bar magic' dying?

Do a 'word search' on any Internet Search Engine with the words, "bar magic" and see what you find.

Get this, I know that every month 421 people type in the words, 'bar magic' into the Search Engines looking for information.

I also know that for the first time in the history of magic, there will be a "Bar Magic" convention next year 2005.

So stop worrying about whether or not it is a good idea and start figuring out what you are going to put into the DVD and make it your best. Get started.

When you have sold a few hundred, remember me.

Steve Hart
Steve,
Thank you for the kind words and the info. Do you have any info on the bar magic convention?

tpmagic.com
Well, if you are in it....it may lose money. I would hire a good looking model.....
Thanks for the support Rob...LOL
Yes, I do have some information on the "Bar Magic" convention in 2005 but it is not yet been confirmed so I will hold back that info.

You will hear about it soon enough.

Meanwhile, start working on your DVD.

Steve Hart
I guess it's time to make the story board. Steve please keep me posted on the convention...

tpdmagic