(Close Window)
Topic: Stardust Book Test
Hi, I am the creator of the Stardust book test here is a short overview:

Description
Where did this book come from? Concept

In July of 1969 we succeeded in what is still referred to today as “the most complex technological achievement in the history of mankind”. The Apollo 11 mission took us to another planetary body and back safely. Inter-planetary travel.

Apparently, there is a “Counsel” out there in the universe that distributes 24 volumes of the Book of Knowledge. A book that contains facts and secrets and powers and important knowledge of the known universe. The Council decides if and when a volume is awarded to a qualified civilization. Achieving inter-planetary travel qualified Earth for volume 1 of the 24-volume book.

The Power of the Book

It is the book that gives everyone that looks at it, the ability to temporarily have advanced cognitive powers, not the performer. The performer merely “manages” the experience the specs may have.

It is not a standard “mentalism book” routine where the performer displays his “abilities”. The performer is the “curator” of the book, its knowledge and its power.

Of course, it can be done like a standard mentalism book test if you chose that presentation.

It can also be played very “cheeky”. After all, in your hands is a book of extraordinary information no one else in the world has ever seen.

You can have your this week here:
https://magicartifacts.com/product/stardust-book-test/
Wasn't there a "stardust" book test put out by Outlaw effects?
Yes, I did most if not all the work on it this is the same finished book test. Even the font used only I have the copyrights to use.
That is GREAT! Some of us have the Stardust from Outlaw but got no manual for it. Will you share the manual with us? The book I have is a hardback copy.
For those interested I will have a video on the working soon.
I will assume the video will accompany the sales.of the book, am I correct? Will it be also available to those of us who bought your creation from Outlaw, and at what cost? Thanks for your reply.
If you send me a photo of yourself with the book I will give you access to the video for free. I never received my part of the sales from Outlaw for Stardust but that's His fault not yours.

I will let you know here when I get it done. Or you can sign up for my news letter at www.magickartifacts.com since that's where you will have to go anyway to see the video.
That is generous. I don't expect you to provide it free.
That is very generous of you, Chris.

This is an act of taking care of the brethren.

Even though I do not own Stardust, I am inclined to support your work from how you are showing yourself as a creator.

Best wishes,

David
My copy is hardbound, but I think the spiral looks more authentic.
Thanks, yes I like the spiral and also I changed the cover from "The Book of Knowledge Volume 1 The First 500" to "File 34215" I think it also looks more authentic. But I have it so anyone can add/change the title to any thing they want.
[quote]On Jul 12, 2018, chrisnet wrote:
Thanks, yes I like the spiral and also I changed the cover from "The Book of Knowledge Volume 1 The First 500" to "File 34215" I think it also looks more authentic. But I have it so anyone can add/change the title to any thing they want. [/quote]

I think those are good choices. Is the book size the same?
Yes the size is 4 pages to a 8.5 * 11 inch paper so that is 4.25 * 5.5
This will be the last time I use this size unless people ask for it. I like 4*6 or even 5.5 * 8.5
This will be the last time I use this size unless people ask for it. I like 4*6 or even 5.5 * 8.5 [/quote]

I worked for NASA in 1965 and all their stuff I saw was full sheet and never hardbound. Have you considered spiraling the full sheet?
Yes I have and it would not be any harder. I can custom make in size I am planning my next book test "H H Holmes" release in a few weeks and I am planning to make it 5.5*8.5 and a limited leather bond one made by me in a full sheet 8.5*11.
Yes I have and it would not be any harder. I can custom make in size I am planning my next book test "H H Holmes" release in a few weeks and I am planning to make it 5.5*8.5 and a limited leather bond one made by me in a full sheet 8.5*11. [/quote]

Great!
It is easy to go from 5.5*8.5= "8.5*11" to 8.5*11= "11*17" it is about the same formatting.
I also got mine from Outlaw and agree that a spiral bound 8.5" x 11" version would be awesome.
If I get 5 people wanting the 8.5*11 version I will make them!
An H. H. Holmes Book Test sounds awesome!
[quote]On Jul 13, 2018, chrisnet wrote:
If I get 5 people wanting the 8.5*11 version I will make them! [/quote]

WeepinWill would probably know but I suspect NASA's document would have single-sided pages
Message: Posted by: ProfessorMagicJMG (Jul 14, 2018 09:54PM)
[quote]On Jul 13, 2018, chrisnet wrote:
If I get 5 people wanting the 8.5*11 version I will make them! [/quote]

Tried to click the link but it says your account has been suspended as of 07-14-18
Can't help but notice the right hand pages look very similar to other Outlaw/Gemini book-tests (numbered entries). Similar?
The Sponge,
Yes I did make this for Outlaw but that system was not invented by Outlaw or Gemini!

ProfessorMagicJMG,
I had so much traffic to my site that I had to move to another server it is back up now.

Mind Guerrilla
Yes you might be correct on the single sided pages
[quote]On Jul 14, 2018, BizarreRich wrote:
An H. H. Holmes Book Test sounds awesome! [/quote]

It is almost done!
I am putting together the insert package now! like, Worlds fair tickets, Photos, receipts, ect... and a large fold out map of the city that has its own forces.
Yes, I bought (and received!) this from Outlaw too. A very original idea which lends itself to an interesting presentation with an 'alien life' flavour. I agree that the new version of the cover is somewhat superior, i.e. more 'authentic', than the hardback version, though I'm very happy with it.

I received a pdf 'manual' of 6 pages, and copied some information from the forum as well. There wasn't much on the forum, but there was mention of a 'star !@#$*' which wasn't explained, which has me intrigued.

A very nice creation with various different revelations possible. I would love to see the video when available, so I'll send you a photo of me with the book at some point as proof. It might also clear up one or two things I am unclear on also. Thanks for sharing your ingenious creation!

Very best,
Francis
[quote]On Jul 17, 2018, chrisnet wrote:
The Sponge,
Yes I did make this for Outlaw but that system was not invented by Outlaw or Gemini!
[/quote]

To be more clear on the system I was talking about here are some links
http://www.conjuringcredits.com/doku.php?id=mental:number-limiting_procedure_for_book_tests&s[]=number&s[]=limiting&s[]=procedure&s[]=book&s[]=test
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?forum=218&topic=423058#0

I was not talking about "Lillian method" because I do not know this method, I was only commenting about the number limiting procedure.

Thanks Chris
When I left outlaw and started to produce the Stardust book test on my own I should have researched the workings of the book to make sure that it did not infringe on anyone else’s work.

I now know some of the workings of Stardust was originally created by Vic Nadata!

It is with great humility and respect for Vic that publicly apologize for infringing on his work. In the coming weeks I will either do one of two things I will rewrite the directions leaving out the certain workings or get permission to continue to produce Stardust as is.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause the community. But it is important to give credit where credit is due and to respect each other’s rights as builders and developers to the best of our ability with that said I’m truly sorry and thanks for your understanding.
Any follow-up news on this? Or a hit-and-run yet again?
[quote]On Aug 12, 2018, chrisnet wrote:
When I left outlaw and started to produce the Stardust book test on my own I should have researched the workings of the book to make sure that it did not infringe on anyone else’s work.

I now know some of the workings of Stardust was originally created by Vic Nadata!

It is with great humility and respect for Vic that publicly apologize for infringing on his work. In the coming weeks I will either do one of two things I will rewrite the directions leaving out the certain workings or get permission to continue to produce Stardust as is.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause the community. But it is important to give credit where credit is due and to respect each other’s rights as builders and developers to the best of our ability with that said I’m truly sorry and thanks for your understanding. [/quote]

Which of Vic's items is his creation of this system found in? I own a lot of book tests and it seems such systems are shared between some of them. For example, I see some of Yearbook in Phantoms, as well as the forcing system similar to Luna, but modified.

What I do find to be very propitiatory among all of the book tests is the extensive pdf that is often included. To me these are like written books and show a lot of creativity and thought. The 62 page one for Fathoms is a perfect example.
Stardust is structurally similar to another book test method. I do not know this method, but I was assured that it is close enough.. Due to these possible similarities, I pulled the item from my store as a professional courtesy last year. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.
[quote]On May 20, 2019, chrisnet wrote:
Stardust is structurally similar to another book test method. I do not know this method, but I was assured that it is close enough.. Due to these possible similarities, I pulled the item from my store as a professional courtesy last year. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. [/quote]

Thank you for your professional courtesy in doing so, it is an admirable character quality; however, it begs another question: "Since you did this for Outlaw, and some of us bought it from outlaw, what is our ethical obligation, in your opinion, as far as using it, since we bought it in good faith?" Seems to me this is a conundrum. Do we destroy them? Is there a buy-back policy? If that were the case, I'd have to probably destroy almost all of the magic I own because very little of it is original with the creator, it is just out of copyright.

I really don't expect a buy-back or etc, just playing the devil's advocate here by pointing out a situation you have adopted out of statement of others and seemingly not a factual observance for yourself or a check on copyrights. I'd want to see the evidence and judge the similarities for myself. I hate to see you take something off the market because it is said to be "similar enough" to another effect. Maybe you and those who are in disagreement can work something out. On the other hand, if you don't produce it, it makes mine more valuable, so I really don't have a dog in this fight, so to say.
Too bad - could have used this book for a new thing I'm developing.
[quote]On May 20, 2019, morgaine_le_fey wrote:
Too bad - could have used this book for a new thing I'm developing. [/quote]
You can buy one second hand. I've seen some.
Morgaine, try contacting Chris directly.
Chris I tried to pull up the majick artifacts link with no luck!
Is it active? I would like to be on the list for the HH Holmes book test.
Thanks
[quote]On May 21, 2019, DocBenWiz wrote:
Chris I tried to pull up the majick artifacts link with no luck!
Is it active? I would like to be on the list for the HH Holmes book test.
Thanks [/quote]
Messaged
Magick Artifacts is now Arcane Relics
www.arcanerelics.com
Sorry for the confusion
We have the HH Holmes book test "Madness At The Castle" in-stock now!
https://www.arcanerelics.com/product/madness-at-the-castle/
I like the hardback version.
Chris, I'm not able to access & load those links/pages to your site, keeps timing out.....anyone else able to get on the site ?
I'm very interested in your HH Holms book test !
Merlin,
Are you using your phone or computer?
Phone, sounds like I need to jump on my pc then.
Merlin,
Try it now! It looks like the mobile redirect script was not working.
Yes Chris mobile site working, thank you.