(Close Window)
Topic: The voyager by Joel Dickinson
[youtube]Ors7RA7aaCo[/youtube]

'That is freaking brilliant Joel', Gary Jones, Magician and Creator.

'The voyager was one of the most incredible things Iíve seen Joel do. As soon as I heard it was for sale I bought it and I canít wait to perform this in my show, very excited.' Kieron johnson, Magician and Creator.

The Voyager has been performed by Joel for over a decade.
It is a magic and mentalism cross over which packs one heck of a punch.

It can be performed as a killer close up routine or as a mind-blowing stage piece and it is INCREDIBLY EASY to perform.

Your audience watch as a participant experiences time travel and they bring back a coin from the past, the coin not only appears in your participant's hand but it is also engraved with the very year they are merely thinking of.

This is very commercial, it is easy to perform, fully scripted, self-working and an unforgettable professional routine.

There is no reset to worry about and the gimmick will last a lifetime.

What do I receive?:

A handcrafted set of The Voyager coins, a full HD video download and three full routines to start using The Voyager coin set immediately.

The Voyager is a reputation making routine. With bare minimal props and you will be ready to perform this memorable routine at the drop of a hat.

This pre-order will be a limited to the first 50 purchasers.
It will be ready to be shipped mid October LATEST.

The Voyager has been designed using British coins. If you are not performing in Britain I provide an alternative introduction to the routine to justify using British coins.

First come first served!

Best wishes,

Joel

http://tadaa.co.uk/
Just sent for this as it's by Joel, so basically that means it's a ready made worker.

All we have to do is add our own personality & entertain & create wonder.

Will review it when I recieve it mid October & when I have worked it several times.

Mike Donoghue
Wonderful effect ! Does it require preshow, Joel ?
Hi. Thereís no preshow at all.
[quote]On Sep 13, 2018, JoelDickinson wrote:
Hi. Thereís no preshow at all. [/quote]

Great, so the spectator never writes anything down ?
Am I correct in thinking this is basically Kenton Knepper's Time Machine with a bit of a different ending?
[quote]On Sep 13, 2018, WitchDocChris wrote:
Am I correct in thinking this is basically Kenton Knepper's Time Machine with a bit of a different ending? [/quote]

I thought the same! It was published in Wonder Words Volume two (The Real Work). It is a routine that is based of a routine by Larry Becker and this routine is by Kenton Knepper and Doc Hillford. When I watched the video it seems to me to be the same routine with the same ending(you tell them the time they are thinking of that is also on the coin). I have done Kentons routine a long time ago. I have bought a few routines in the past from Joel, but to me this feels like it is to much the same. Maybe Joel can shim in here and explain

All the best /lp loeld
This reminded me of Christopher Taylor's terrific "There and Back" effect where a participant selects a country to visit and goes on a mystical journey to that country. When the participant returns from his/her imaginary trip, he/she now has a coin from the country in his/her hand which the person can keep. The methodology of There and Back and The Voyager appears to be quite different. What is important in this type of effect is how clean and free the selection of the date chosen by the spectator is in The Voyager. Obviously the person cannot select any date so the selection process has to be appear to be extremely fair. The selection of the country in There and Back was extremely open and and free. Hopefully The Voyager is the same.

Michael
When I did Time Machine I forced the year. From what I recall Kenton had a way of allowing a freely named year, but that wouldn't stand up to too much scrutiny (trying to be vague so as not to give away methods here).

This seems like the year is clearly printed and could be examined by the volunteer? If so that's a worthy change in my mind.
Hi all, I donít want to give anything away.

Time Machine is a handling of what stems from Korans Medallion.
The Voyager is a different handling, I canít personally perform Time Machine but it has been a great inspiration for my work on the plot and The Voyager allows me to perform the effect close up and get the impact required.

If anybody has any direct questions that theyíd like to ask then please send me a message directly as Iím more than happy to help and to let you know if this is for you or not.
This looks almost 90% Larry Becker... the minor difference being he limited the year choice to a particular century. Then great audience management and deft use of the props, that the person will agree the coin was engraved with the year chosen.

If in this routine there is a point the person must write down their year at any point, I'd say it was 98% Becker. If there was a point to limit it to a certain time span (to align with the coin's era) it is 99.9%.

I do the Becker routine quite often - and I really can't see the differences here from the video.
Another thing that must be considered is that this uses British coins only. I have tried to emphasise this. If you are not of a British performer I suggest an introduction for the presentation, however, you must really consider this.

Best wishes,

Joel.
Larry used a Pirate Dubloon.
The beauty of The voyager is that the coin transforms in their hand, from a modern coin to an old coin.
This means the routine does not have to happen only on A stage, it can happen up close with groups.

I provide a variety of methods including techniques that have never been applied to the Koran Concept, the routine is modular.

Hope this helps.

Joel.

[quote]On Sep 13, 2018, WitchDocChris wrote:
When I did Time Machine I forced the year. From what I recall Kenton had a way of allowing a freely named year, but that wouldn't stand up to too much scrutiny (trying to be vague so as not to give away methods here).

This seems like the year is clearly printed and could be examined by the volunteer? If so that's a worthy change in my mind. [/quote]
To clear up things from my end - I had a little chat with Joel and I'm sure this is different enough from the routine I'm familiar with to warrant a separate release. It sounds like a wonderfully emotionally engaging routine.
I think the reactions speak for themselves. This was no staged, sansminds, effort.
Agree. Joel puts out a lot of effects for the worker! This looks really good!

RNK
Hope Joel decides to put out an American version. Joel definitely puts out true workers.

Michael
Great reaction from the woman...

Kinda interested though I know it wouldn't suit me...
I have bought this but obviously not received it yet.

However, I am familiar with TIME MACHINE & Joel has explained the method & subtle differences with The Voyager to me.

In my humble opinion( & I love the work of all of the other mentalists mentioned in this post), I think that The Voyager is my prefered take on this.

It IS different, MORE convincing & much stronger for me.

The subtleties do a lot to elevate the effect.

Really like this & can't wait to receive the actual coins in the post.

I am not going to tip the work on this as it is unfair to Joel.

To me though as usual it will be worth a lot more than the price he is charging as it is super practical, direct & will create a massive impact with very little effort apart from presentation.

Also, I have paid for this so get nothing for singing it's praises apart from the fact that more performers will be slaying the public with Joels work

Joel would be the 1st to say that he stands on the shoulders of giants.

What he also does is elevate standard plots & make them VERY REAL WORLD masterpieces.

Well done Mr Dickinson on another great release.

Mike Donoghue
Ah go on, I've ordered it...see what I can come up with...
Just ordered a set even though I reside in New York. I do not mind using British coins for this type of effect as they can led to an interesting story. If Joel decides to make these in USA coinage, I will get a set of them as well.
Michael
The UK has a strong lineage with Time Travellers of note - such as H G Well's scientist in the Time Machine - and we got Doctor Who going for decades.... plus a ton of others from British sources.
Dr Spektor there are 2 great ideas for patter .

Thank you.

Mike Donoghue
I am wondering if this can still be done with a euro coin. As I am from Ireland, I can get my hands on an old Irish coin and this should translate as per the demo. I am wondering if the method will allow for this change of currency. Thanks.
This currently canít be performed with any currency other than british coins. Ronald is working super hard crafting The Voyager coins and heís always thinking. We will aim to bring other currencies at some point in the near future... or will it be in the past?
Some questions before I buy this:

- Can the spectator choose ANY date ? Free choice ?
- Does he have to write something ?
Iím not referring to methodology on an open forum. Feel free to drop me a direct message if you want to know any answers to see if this is for you.
Just a couple more days and the pre order will be closed.

Thanks a lot.

Joel
I would be interested in a review of this, as I'm considering it.
Thanks
Hey, it wonít be long until it hits door stops.

Best wishes,

Joel
Hi all,

Thanks to everybody who pre-ordered The Voyager.
After a lot of work I am well ahead of schedule and happy to announce that The Voyager is complete and it will be shipped world wide, first thing tomorrow morning.

As with 100% of the Tadaa line of magic I am super proud of The Voyager and it's a pre-order success :)

Best wishes,

Joel.
Well I now have this as it arrived several days ago.

I have got to say that I am dissapointed !

Maybe I should clarify that statement.

I am dissapointed that Joel has released it as it's SO GOOD that I only want Joel & me to be performng it.

Obviously I had known the method before it's release date & knew I was onto something really good before I received it.

However, it is when you actually perform an effect in real working situations that you realise just how powerfull it is.

I have a very light hearted comedic approach to my magic & am very laid back when I perform for a lay audience( some would say crazy).

BUT this effect alows you to create a really deep mindblowing feeling of just " NO WAY", a look of shock & then a smile & they are really moved.

Thanks again Joel.

You are a master at messing with peoples feelings.

Friend & fan.

Mike Donoghue
Thank you very much with your review, I'm really glad people are going out to professional gigs and performing my material.
Not just that people are going out and performing my material but it's enhancing reportoires.

Best wishes,

Joel
Hi Joel,

the reason people perform your material is because it is "Real world, fully tested stuff & all of the pitfalls & eventualities have been FULLY explored & scripted"

Plus it's bloody good ha.

It's work by a Pro. for pro's & semi. pro's who want to reach the next level.

Also ofcourse, if you are purely a hobbiest, your stuff makes anyone look very, very good.

Mike Donoghue
[quote]On Sep 14, 2018, doriancaudal wrote:
Some questions before I buy this:

- Can the spectator choose ANY date ? Free choice ?
- Does he have to write something ? [/quote]

Hi, now that this has shipped, could someone help shed some light on the above 2 questions?
ErmmóI think Joel had already clarified that he would prefer that methodology wasnít discussed in this open forum... and was in reference to this exact question.
So I received this last week. I bought this effect as I had seen Joel perform this live and it killed.

I thought I new the method but was pleasantly surprised on how magical it was.

The other thing that I didnít expect is how much stuff you get for your mony.

I think the effect is great value and the effect is solid.

You receive two methods and all the tools and knowledge to perform this.

Bothe methods are solid and will fool a audience. I will personally have performed both versions I prefer Joelís original one but both got great reactions.

Iíve also Started to add some of my own thoughts to this effect.

I like it itís a worker

Kind regards

Kieron
Thanks so much for your review Kieron, I am a huge fan of your magic and performance skills as you know. I'm so happy you are performing The Voyager, it is my favourite trick.

Seth you are bang on.

All, The Voyager is in stock and ready to ship and it is a project I am super happy with.

Best wishes,

Joel.
Joel PLEASE

do your best to give us a Euro currency version :)

THANK YOU in advance!
[quote]On Oct 23, 2018, Lseeyou wrote:
Joel PLEASE

do your best to give us a Euro currency version :)

THANK YOU in advance! [/quote]

To my friends across the pond. Should Joel be able to satify your request would be great, however; I actually enjoy incorporating foreign coins in my routines. They present a certain mystique. Just food for thought. 😈

Best

Steve
[quote]On Oct 23, 2018, Seth speaks wrote:
ErmmóI think Joel had already clarified that he would prefer that methodology wasnít discussed in this open forum... and was in reference to this exact question. [/quote]

I fully understand this but I PM'd Joel a few days ago but have not received any reply even though he posted here after my PM...

>Joel, I would appreciate a reply.
Okay, I have succumbed to the bullying and peer pressure :D and ordered my set of Voyager coins. I remain skeptical that this will work better than the time machine I am already building; although all it does at the moment is go forward in time at the normal rate of everything else... so what can it hurt to try.

Anyway, Joel has rarely let me down, so I am looking forward to this! Besides, I am a sucker for bizarre effects that use interesting foreign coins

Iíll post thoughts when Iíve played with it a bit.

Seth
I received my preorder last week too. Thanks Joel for such a great effect! I had an inkling as to the method before I put my money down, and so pleased I did - the presentation is wonderful; the method is exactly the sort of approach that I like. I will be using Joel's first method, but it is good to see that Joel has thought of other options too.

I'll definitely be carrying voyager around with me!

Thanks again,
Matt.
Thanks so much everybody.
The Voyager is a killer piece of magic that will fit in your pocket and literally perform to huge audiences or one on one.

Best wishes,

Joel
Received this today.
I love the effect, and the coins too.
Great scripting, with bonus effects too.
Best 30 odd quid I have spent in a while...highly recommend.
Another vote for euros
Hello, I will be working on foreign currency with Ron over the next couple of months.
Any specific requests regarding coins?
[quote]On Jan 12, 2019, JoelDickinson wrote:
Hello, I will be working on foreign currency with Ron over the next couple of months.
Any specific requests regarding coins? [/quote]

US quarter

PS, just finished watching the video for Bound and really like it. Extremely practical and easy.
Will this be for sale at Blackpool
Hi, it sure will. Itís a tadaa exclusive. Be sure to say hello and I will perform it for you too.

Best wishes,

Joel

[quote]On Jan 12, 2019, rowland wrote:
Will this be for sale at Blackpool [/quote]

I understand the Australian market is tiny, but I do wish there were more creators making stuff in Aus currency. We hardly ever see US or UK coinage over here, so it always stands out as strange whenever its used - which you can steer into, but it definitely makes it hard to do gimmicked coin work that appears to use "ordinary objects"
I appreciate that.

Can you send me an email

magic{at}tadaa.co.uk

The Voyager is a tadaa exclusive and myself and Ron (my coin making wizard) both manage The Voyager coins and we will be happy to help but there are a few thing we need to know before making the coins.

Iím about to fly to work in Austria however I will access the Cafť and emails ASAP.

Best wishes,

Joel

[quote]On Jan 13, 2019, Morganjj wrote:

I understand the Australian market is tiny, but I do wish there were more creators making stuff in Aus currency. We hardly ever see US or UK coinage over here, so it always stands out as strange whenever its used - which you can steer into, but it definitely makes it hard to do gimmicked coin work that appears to use "ordinary objects" [/quote]
Hi, it sure will. Itís a tadaa exclusive. Be sure to say hello and I will perform it for you too.

Best wishes,

Joel

Looking forward to meeting you and seeing it 👍🏻
HI all,

Just picked this one up at Blackpool, and canít wait to perform it. I just wants to address an issue raised in this forum. Although the coin in the spectators hand is an integral part of the experience and the effect, I donít see why people are asking for Euroís, US or any other coin type. Iím from Denmark and will use the coin supplied

I think there is two ways about it,

- Go with the coin supplied, and address the shakespearean England and spin the story that we are going back in time to the familiar settings that we know so well from a lot of movies.

- Or I will let the spectator be chosing where to go and what year - still using the supplied coin as a symbol of the journey. Or if want to go with a coin from your own country -> There are many ways to switch a new shiny coin for an old coin ( a simple s...tch from Boboís coin magic will do the trick. Itís been fooling people for 100 years, and is fast learned and easy to perform).

I believe the methods supplied with this effect, will allow the spectator to do any free choice of year. And if you chose to use the first method explained, you will have a time tested method that will save you a bundle of money on devices in your future with mentalism. Simple is sometimes just much better - and much more fun to perform - after all - it is a craft.

Joel, thanks for a great effect - I will be sure to test it out - very soon.

Jan
U.S. quarters please!
I have full stage performance routine coming soon to video, this is only available to people who have purchased The Voyager.

Regarding a US version, the US gimmick will become available soon.
Iíll post here to let you know once itís ready.

Best wishes,

Joel
Biritish Voyager coins are back in.

Best wishes,

Joel.
Joel any updates regarding US Quarter version?
[quote]On Apr 16, 2019, JoelDickinson wrote:
I have full stage performance routine coming soon to video, this is only available to people who have purchased The Voyager.

Best wishes,

Joel [/quote]

I purchased this from you at Blackpool how will we find out about any updates
The updated stage performance will be going live tomorrow. Itís on the same page as your instruction card.
Do you still have the details to the video page? If not, let me know and I can send you the details. That wonít be a problem.

Best wishes,

Joel

[quote]On Jun 13, 2019, rowland wrote:

Best wishes,

Joel [/quote]

I purchased this from you at Blackpool how will we find out about any updates [/quote]
[quote]On Jun 13, 2019, JoelDickinson wrote:
The updated stage performance will be going live tomorrow. Itís on the same page as your instruction card.
Do you still have the details to the video page? If not, let me know and I can send you the details. That wonít be a problem.

Best wishes,

Joel

[quote]On Jun 13, 2019, rowland wrote:

Best wishes,

Joel [/quote]

I purchased this from you at Blackpool how will we find out about any updates [/quote] [/

Has this update gone live yet. Canít find it on the original instructions
OK - I'm taking the plunge. So look forward to this! Will report back but the gang here is trusted by me and I'm sure my review will be the same as what is already here.
Review
Just received The Voyager today. I must admit I'm disappointed. Not because it's a bad effect...I should know, since I have performed it a couple of times, and it's a GREAT effect. How can I have performed The Voyager when I just received it today you might ask. I didn't... I have performed Time Machine from Wonder Words. So don't be mislead by some of the other comments in this thread.

IT IS THE SAME EFFECT

So the question is do we have a new handling, method, presentation? no comments in this thread answers that...

In The Voyager Joel offers two handlings/methods. The first handling is 100% Kenton Knepper and Docc Hilfords Time Machine. Kenton Kneppers variation is explained in Wonder Words and on his DVD Time Machine and Touches. Docc Hillfords handling is available on his Alakazam release DVD the Vault. To my knowledge all these products are still available.

The second handling is something different form the original, but this is NOT the handling shown in the video ad. Joels explanation left me with the impression that he never have used this handling him self. BUT I might be mistaken (hopefully). In this version you end more clean, but you limit the freedom of choice. Personally I don't like this version, to others it might be worth the whole investment.

You get most of the necessary gimmicks for both versions. The gimmicks will fly in performance, but I will NOT say "precision made" or "high quality". One of the supplied gimmicks will last you a lifetime...bur my bet is You will get another one or go without gimmicks.

My recommendations save your money if you want to perform this go with the originals. I think Kentons handling is best for stage and Doccs is the best close up (He also explains how to do the effect without gimmicks, so you don't need to dust off Bobo's)

Best regards Bjorn

ps. Hope my review will help in making the right buying decision for you. I will give my version of Joel Dickinson's the voyager away for free. and hope It will make somebody happy...in that way my money won't be a total waste :-)
My package arrived today and will review on the weekend. Now I'm scared . . .
My Voyager I ordered last year never arrived. I PMíed Joel a polite and even apologetic message, he read my PM... and didnít respond. I then contacted him through the ta daa website where iíd ordered it, and... crickets. I didnít even ask for a replacement, since it was likely lost in the mail, I just asked if a small discount would be possible if I reordered it. So, I guess the multiverse is saying ďnoĒ to Voyager coins for me. :D

Seth
Thanks Bjorn for your instantly negative review. I can see youíre going to be an engaging member of the green Cafť.
The Voyager is a routine I regularly head out and perform in my shows and close up. Sorry youíre missing the strengths of it, I hope you can actually head out and perform it as it gets great reactions. I have live performances that will be added that prove this.

Iíll happily take your version off your hands if itís still an offer.

The Voyager routine performs differently to Kenton Knepper routine, the majority of methods for this plot require that specific thing.
However with The Voyager that magic moment happens in their hands and theyíre as equally amazed.

Seth, Iím sorry I missed your message. Many apologies as thatís not good enough on my behalf. I have sent you a PM requesting your address and Iíll include some additional routines and effects.

Best wishes,

Joel
Well, Joel contacted me via PM, and I gotta say he really took care of it. He stepped up and took full responsibility, and we apologized to one another, and now Iím excited to await arrival of Voyager.

Thank you, Joel! Accidents may happen, but you are a class act.

Seth
So what is the difference between this and Kenton's routine then?

All the best,
Dan
Just to clear up some misunderstandings:

1. I LOVE the effect and it plays STRONG...I have been doing Time Machine where the coin change in the participants hands for around 7 years. Before that I did copper, silver rutines with and without gimmicks, where the final change happened in the hands of the participant (I think I got it from David Roth) and in the beginning I did spong balls...still do from time to time. So I feel I know how the Voyager plays :-)

2. I will give my version of The Voyager away for FREE as long as that person will get one of the ressources I mention in my review. JOEL thanks for the offer, but I think sending it to you kind of misses the point...sorry.

3. if anybody can show me wrong, misleading or unfair in my review I WILL change it.

JOEL I feel a bit like I cheated you out a FREE Voyager sorry. So I have another gift for you. I will give you my copy of Kenton Kneppers DVD Time Machine and touches. just PM me an address. then you have the tools to do the research (I think you should have done that a year ago, when the issue was first raised) and then you can make me change that review.
Hello BJORN (no idea why you emphasise my name with capitals) , Iím not bowing down to sarcasm. Youíre entitled to your opinion.

You clearly havenít performed The Voyager and you donít intend to which is absolutely fine.

Best wishes,

JOEL
Hi Joel.

I wrote your name I capital because the offer was meant for you and only you. Sorry if that in any way offended you, it wasn't the intention.

I'm not being sarcastic. Seriously I will give you Kenton's DVD if you want it. So do you want it?

If you prefer we can make an arrangement with a dealer, who works with Murphys Magic I'll pay the price of the dvd and the shipping, and the dealer will send the dvd to you.

https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=42765

If you follow the above link you can se its still in stock and available. its $35, so I'm not giving away the farm here.

btw Murphys also has an uncut performance video of Kenton doing the time machine.

Best regards
Bjorn

PS. I'm also serious about changing the review, but I can't find a way to change my previous posts. So I will have to do the next best thing...apologize in public and write where I made a mistake. You don't have to correct me in open forum you are welcome to PM me.
Took the plunge. Looks very good. I to is not from the UK. But. Euros.. Ireland. But cannot wait to get this. Hopefully the weekend it will be here
[quote]On Sep 22, 2019, Bjorn wrote:
Just to clear up some misunderstandings:

1. I LOVE the effect and it plays STRONG...I have been doing Time Machine where the coin change in the participants hands for around 7 years. Before that I did copper, silver rutines with and without gimmicks, where the final change happened in the hands of the participant (I think I got it from David Roth) and in the beginning I did spong balls...still do from time to time. So I feel I know how the Voyager plays :-)

2. I will give my version of The Voyager away for FREE as long as that person will get one of the ressources I mention in my review. JOEL thanks for the offer, but I think sending it to you kind of misses the point...sorry.

3. if anybody can show me wrong, misleading or unfair in my review I WILL change it.

JOEL I feel a bit like I cheated you out a FREE Voyager sorry. So I have another gift for you. I will give you my copy of Kenton Kneppers DVD Time Machine and touches. just PM me an address. then you have the tools to do the research (I think you should have done that a year ago, when the issue was first raised) and then you can make me change that review. [/quote]

I will take yours PM me
Magicmind it's yours and on the way. 10 days plus time in Customs.

Have fun.

Bjorn
Bjorn, do you have to find and purchase gimmicks for Kenton's effect?
[quote]On Sep 25, 2019, rkp wrote:
Bjorn, do you have to find and purchase gimmicks for Kenton's effect? [/quote]

Yes you have to find one yourself if you don't already have one. It is not supplied with any of the releases I'm mentioning. The gimmick come in different currencies and with different price tags. In the states you can find one for 15 USD the same coin in my country cost 22 USD, because of local taxes and stuff. My guess is you will eventually end up getting of these anyway.

So rkp, you might prefer Joel's product, because you get allmost all the parts for a discounted price, Or if you live in the UK and want to use UK currency. BUT at least you will have made an informed buying decision. Or as informed it can be in the magic industry :-)

best of luck with your decision.
Thank you Bjorn for your input. I inquired on the Voyager and a U.S. coin version is not currently available , which I would prefer to use. I am now considering Kenton's routine. I assume it can be played close-up and using U.S. coins/gimmicks? Thank you in advance for insight on what appears to be a excellent routine to perform.
Message: Posted by: Christopher_Rawlins (Sep 26, 2019 02:46AM)
I am struggling to see how this is differnet from Kenton's routine that is part of the WW series?

Not an attack, just asking foor someone who has both to outline what this has added to that, and why it's different.
The reason you're struggling with it is because they are the same. At least one of the version that Joel teaches... the other version is different, in that version they can verify the date, so you'll have to figure out how to achieve that, as Joel doesn't want to discuss the methods here. In fact it doesn't seem like he wants to discuss this effect at all.

All the best,
Dan
Iím more than happy to discuss. Iíve been on holiday for two weeks and have been super busy with performing work. Thatís all.

The routining is different, youíre actually also provided a method where the coin is handed out to be examined and the date matches and the gimmicks for that is also included.

The actual coin physically changes in the participants hand which adds an extra element of astonishment and also helps add to the impact by revealing the date on both a dual level and participant level.
How is the routining different? Other than you're not using the story about H.G. Wells? I think that's what a lot of us are wondering...

All the best,
Dan
Hi Dan,

I have dropped you a pm.

Thanks a lot.

Joel
Message: Posted by: Christopher_Rawlins (Sep 26, 2019 08:49AM)
[quote]On Sep 26, 2019, dyoung wrote:
How is the routining different? Other than you're not using the story about H.G. Wells? I think that's what a lot of us are wondering...

All the best,
Dan [/quote]

I was wondering this too.

From what I see it's Kenton's premise and method.

So I'm curious to know why this is different and what Joel has added to it.
[quote]On Sep 26, 2019, Christopher_Rawlins wrote:
[quote]On Sep 26, 2019, dyoung wrote:

All the best,
Dan [/quote]

I was wondering this too.

From what I see it's Kenton's premise and method.

So I'm curious to know why this is different and what Joel has added to it. [/quote]

Hi Christopher,

I believe my review to be accurate...at least no one has correcte me in public og private. After reading it your welcome to send a PM if I need to clearify details.

Best of luck

Bjorn
[quote]On Sep 26, 2019, JoelDickinson wrote:
Hi Dan,

I have dropped you a pm.

Thanks a lot.

Joel [/quote]

Hi Joel

I'm wondering what it is you can share with Dan and not with me, that will explain the difference between the voyager and Kenton's/Docc's the Time Machine?

best regards
Bjorn
Hi Bjorn,

If you can send me your phone number I can call you.

Best wishes,

Joel
Message: Posted by: Christopher_Rawlins (Sep 27, 2019 03:19AM)
[quote]On Sep 26, 2019, JoelDickinson wrote:
Hi Bjorn,

If you can send me your phone number I can call you.

Best wishes,

Joel [/quote]

Joel, and me?

This isn't anything other than me asking a curios question, no offence intended.
Hi Joel,

Normally I think it's a great idea to speak on the phone or over a cup of coffee. It's a fare better way to solve stuff than writing on an Internet forum.

There is just this thing...

Your actions has lead me to believe that it's all intentional.

In the beginning I just thought "sloppy research" and I might have teased you a bit by offering to buy one of the resources.

Now, I believe that you intentionally ripped off Kenton and Docc's the time machine. I have shared my thoughts with some of the people I know and in some of the networks I'm a part of.

This was good, because someone said the best way to solve these kind of issues, is to keep it publicly. I feel his right...(Thank you to Brad, all credit goes to you.)

So my suggestion is that we keep it public and maybe we can get back to "sloppy research" not just for me, but for everybody. So what du you say?

Best of all
Bjorn
Thatís absolutely fine Bjorn and youíre welcome to judge my character.

To elaborate, I have previously had routines taken from other well known creators and rereleased, intentionally.

My living is creating and inventing magic for magicians, as well as performing and lecturing in the UK. That is how I pay 100% of my bills.

To have you come along and insult me telling me Ďit is intentional theftí is an absolute cheek.
As a victim of theft and copyright your accusations are beyond my character and something I would never wish on anybody.

My conversation with you is over and rest assured the right thing will happen. Not to please YOU but because that would be the right thing.

Best wishes,

Joel
I'm not judging your character, how can I? I don't know you.

I'm honestly telling you how all the misinformation in this thread looks and I'm pointing at a way out.

What do your friends tell you?

When you know the feeling of seeing someone else rereleasing your stuff, why are you then so reluctant to admit: Yes its the same effect I can see that, yes my main handling is the same.

Imagine how it would feel if it was the other way around...somebody saying "Sorry Joel, I was a bit to fast there, I will make sure everybody knows you had the idea first. I still think I have value to add, so is it ok if I keep my version on the market?"

It is my hope that you will seek and get Docc's and Kenton's blessings to keep "The Voyager" on the market. Then it can keep helping you pay the bills and maybe keep the rutine alive for the next generatons.

btw I don't expect an answer

Best of luck
Bjorn
ps. I am sincere, if I was angry or thought you to be baaad. Then I would have pointed out that you misquoted me or been very sarcastic in a mean way...maybe both
Out of curiosity Joel says the right thing will happen. What does that mean? Will he now contact Kenton and Docc?
I too am curious what he will do.

Also curious why over a year ago when it was pointed out that it was basically Kenton/Docc's routine, we were told it was different and that Kenton's original was a great inspiration for Joel's routine. What has changed in all that time?

All the best,
Dan
Message: Posted by: Christopher_Rawlins (Sep 30, 2019 04:52AM)
I'm sure Joel has a reasoning for this, and it's very possible that he has spoken to Kenton about this.

Either way I'm sure there is no bad intention here on Joel behalf.

I was just curious.
Update?
I just watched the download and Joel credits all of them...
Doric you wrote:

"Out of curiosity Joel says the right thing will happen. What does that mean? Will he now contact Kenton and Docc?"

The right thing is often a matter of perspective, so you will just have to wait and see...Just ignoring this thread and wait for it all to die out, can be the right thing to do, in one perspective :-)

Fero
You are right...Joel does credit Kenton Kneppe. I think the issue is that it only adds to the confusion. See Dan's post above.

Joel writes repeatedly that the voyager is different from Time Machine. Most resent as a response to my review.

So the question is, if Joel knows about Time Machine, then shouldn't he know it's the same effect and even the same method?

Why not just tell us instead af all those misleading comments about it being different?

Another little misleading issue is the coin. Quote: "The actual coin physically changes in the participants hand...". This very special coin is described in Discoverie of Withchcraft...so why does Joel mislead about this, by all the time writing about this special gimmick coin and giving the impression that you can't do the effect without, when in reality it's old as the hills?
My dealings are with Kenton and NOT you Bjorn.

You clearly have a bone to pick with me and it is wearing thin.

Youíre now even talking about gimmicks that relate to the method.

The advert states : ďYour audience watch as a participant experiences time travel and they bring back a coin from the past, the coin not only appears in your participant's hand but it is also engraved with the very year they are merely thinking of.ď - this is describing the effect and that is what happens.

Best wishes,

Joel
Sorry is the advert for Kenton's trick or yours? ;)

//Dan
Joel I didn't know you had your own shop until I came across this thread.
Just ordered Voyager and a few other items.
Looking forward to it, hope you're well :)
Iím so confused.
[quote]On Oct 18, 2019, mikenewman wrote:
Iím so confused. [/quote]

Best post in a long time :)
Did Joel actually contact Kenton then? Does anyone here know Kenton well enough to ask him what's going on as Joel wont say what the status of his conversation is (assuming a conversation is actually happening). Just curious.
Annnnd.. still waiting on my order.
No tracking number, so I tried emailing for delivery update, no reply.
That's a pet peeve of mine with any business
Hi,

Iíve tried messaging you back on here but your inbox is still full.
Also I donít have an email from you. My direct email is me(at)joeldickinsonmagic.co.uk

Please drop me a message. My email at Tadaa is a nightmare.

Best wishes,

Joel

[quote]On Oct 28, 2019, 252life wrote:
Annnnd.. still waiting on my order.
No tracking number, so I tried emailing for delivery update, no reply.
That's a pet peeve of mine with any business [/quote]
Hi Doric,

Yes Joel did contact Kenton Knepper.. thank you for your concern.

Joel

[quote]On Oct 19, 2019, Doric wrote:
Did Joel actually contact Kenton then? Does anyone here know Kenton well enough to ask him what's going on as Joel wont say what the status of his conversation is (assuming a conversation is actually happening). Just curious. [/quote]
I PMíd you on here for a totally different reason lol.
As for the email to the business, I replied to my order confirmation.
I guess that wasnít the way to go now. My apologies
Thx
Hi,

your inbox is still full, I canít send you a message is what Iím saying.
I canít see your real name so I donít know who I am contacting.

Me personal email is above, please get in touch.

Joel
Gosh, isnít being a creator/dealer fun?