(Close Window)
Topic: M****r tube
Message: Posted by: Paul Budd (Sep 18, 2018 09:23AM)
I've tried hard to find answers to these questions but haven't had any luck, so:

Some time back, I bought a bundle of used magic, and in that bundle, there was a M****r tube. I think its a pretty standard size..........but:

1: What's the deal with the two holes in the bottom, There is a black, wooden 'floor' and each side has a hole (about finger sized). What gives?

2: Any classic books/videos that discuss this device? When I fall in love with something, I get very obsessed with learning 500 ways to use that item!

Thanks for any tips!

Message: Posted by: Dynamike (Sep 18, 2018 10:41AM)
"Master" tube?
Message: Posted by: Bill Hegbli (Sep 18, 2018 01:35PM)
M****r tubes to not have a floor, and the ends are open. If you mean by bottom, a black divider, then it is not a m****r tube, but a change device.

Need more information or a picture to help you further.

Is it a Plexiglas tube or a mesh screen tube?

How large is it?

Note: Always ask the person for all the instruction sheets to the apparatus.
Message: Posted by: Paul Budd (Sep 26, 2018 11:49AM)
It's a mi***r tube...........and.....maybe it is a change device. Hmmmmmmm................ Yes, it does have a black 'floor' at the bottom..............each 'side' of the floor has a finger-sized hole drilled in it.

It appears to be made of plexiglas.
Message: Posted by: Paul Budd (Sep 26, 2018 10:20PM)
So, considering the above......any routining books/tips/ideas?
Message: Posted by: Bill Hegbli (Sep 27, 2018 12:47AM)
Oksy, I will take one more stab at it being you will not give any information.

It is called the Automatic Change Tube from the box it comes in, it is a prop made from India. Abbott's Magic has had it on their website for several months.


If you would have described it as vertical, that would have helped, as most m****r tubes are horizontal held when working, and they are Round, not square.

Watch the demo video, and you might get an idea of the working. Maybe Abbott's will sell you a copy of the instructions.

This type of prop is considered a stand-up or stage effect because of angles while performing.
Message: Posted by: Paul Budd (Sep 27, 2018 10:09AM)
Thanks for the info.
Message: Posted by: hugmagic (Sep 27, 2018 08:29PM)
There was also a switch tube made by Supreme that was invented by Warren Stephens. It had and internal moving compartment. It exposed one silk while another was hidden from view. I just can't think of the name of it right now.