(Close Window)
Topic: Patron lives matter
I just don't get it. We put all that money into restaurants, but they don't give a darn about our health. For example, why don't ALL restaurants have wheat bread making it an option for us? Some patrons are diabetics. The yeast from regular bread contains sugar. If they gave us a choice like Subway Restaurants do it will show they are concerned about our health. The healthier foods will help increase their business because will we live longer to give them more visits.

Another example is decreasing the germs. When we walk in we must push or pull the door open. Who knows how germs are on the door handle from other patrons. It would be nice if they had a sensor to open the door for us like CVS, Walmart, Walgreen's, etc.

We could go to the bathroom to wash our hands each visit, but imagine touching the door when coming out. I always grab a paper towel or tissue paper or napkin to place on the door when opening it. One of my shows I did Downtown Detroit for one of my customers convinced me a lot they were concern about their employees. There was a door foot handle on the bottom of the door. It was turned horizontally, not vertical like most door handles. We put our shoe in the handle to pull open the door. The hands were never needed to open the door. That is a clever invention.

I have seen multiple restaurants with an automatic flush toilet. I wish all state government laws required all restaurants to have them.

Having hand sanitizer wipes by the cashier of fast food restaurants will be another plus. Imagine all the germs laying on the money when we purchase our food, plus the change we put in our pockets before eating our meal.

Restaurants do not care about their patrons. They just want our germ loaded money.
[quote]There was a door foot handle on the bottom of the door. It was turned horizontally, not vertical like most door handles.[/quote]

It was a good thought, but really hard for me to bend down to press that sucker.
That is why I walk around with Kleenex boxes on my feet and multiple layers of non-latex gloves on my hands (I tried condoms on the fingers but I got tired of kids screaming 'Stranger Danger') .

Managers at McDonalds are especially anti-healthy food. They hassle me every time I dine there and eat the healthy lunch I went to all the trouble of making at home...
So are you looking for government intervention to mandate self flushing toilets, increased sanitiation, and healthier food options?

The irony for somebody stockpiling weapons in case of increased government intervention.

By the way, the yeast in bread does not contain sugar..they are two seperate items. White bread has a higher glycemic index due to white flout being highly processed, thereby making it easier for the carbs in the flour to convert to sugar. Plus, many bakers will add more sugar to white bread to provide more food for yeast to make bread rise more and be more light and fluffy. Wheat, rye, or pumpernickel breads have lower glycemic index as their complex carbs are more difficult to break down and covert to sugar. It has nothing to do with yeast.
Dynamike, you're practically coming off as Sheldon Cooper ("Big Bang Theory") here.
I thought just the opposite.
[quote]On Nov 18, 2018, imgic wrote:
The irony for somebody stockpiling weapons in case of increased government intervention.
[/quote]
What are you talking about?
[quote]On Nov 19, 2018, Dynamike wrote:
[quote]On Nov 18, 2018, imgic wrote:
[/quote]
What are you talking about? [/quote]

Once itís on the internet...itís never gone...
[quote]On Nov 18, 2018, Dannydoyle wrote:
I thought just the opposite. [/quote]

Why? Cooper is a germaphobe whoís constantly worried about infections.

Mind you, he doesnít have an arsenal hidden in his house, although he does have some geek stuff hidden in hidden safes the Leonard didnít even know about.
It seems to me that all those things you rail about are things you can choose not to do.
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAjXEIojQzU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJhp-ZOnzXU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43-vORteweM

I remember one time in the eighties I walked inside of a Coney Island restaurant. There was only one worker in the building. He was facing the grill with his back turned towards me. He did not know I entered the building as he was cooking. He accidentally dropped a hot dog on the floor. I saw him quickly squat down to pick it up and put it on the grill. Suddenly he turned around to see if anyone was looking. He noticed me and started smiling.
Who was he cooking for?
Sorry but this thread is hilarious.
:D
Germs indeed.
Just don't eat out. Raise, butcher and grow your own food and you know, what's in it. Problem solved.
[quote]On Feb 25, 2019, Senor Fabuloso wrote:
Just don't eat out. Raise, butcher and grow your own food and you know, what's in it. Problem solved. [/quote]

I'm not sure if this is a joke but it makes a fantastic point. The more things you put in the hands of others the more things you have almost no control over.

It really is something to think about.
In today's world, I believe the fastest way to turn children into vegetarians is to have them slaughter a cow when they want a burger, or wring the neck of a chicken if they prefer chicken nuggets...
[quote]On Feb 25, 2019, Mike Gainor wrote:
In today's world, I believe the fastest way to turn children into vegetarians is to have them slaughter a cow when they want a burger, or wring the neck of a chicken if they prefer chicken nuggets... [/quote]
Why would that make them vegetarian?
Because beef comes from the grocery store wrapped in cellophane on little Styrofoam trays.
Clearly you did not grow up in a rural area with hunters.
Yea it may work on city kids. But that is about it.
Oh, I have hunt deer... very tasty but that is why I provided the caveat "In today's world".

The rule has become the exception...
Hunting is not how most meat gets to the table.

If most people, including hunters, had to endure watching what modern mass slaughter factories were like, it would probably freak them out--city and rural dwellers.
While it would probably gross out many people who had to see it - but I doubt it would make a super large difference over all. Maybe they'll avoid meat for a little while, but more than likely they're going to end up eating what they are familiar with.

Good luck with that, though.
[quote]On Feb 25, 2019, landmark wrote:

If most people, including hunters, had to endure watching what modern mass slaughter factories were like, it would probably freak them out--city and rural dwellers. [/quote]

I feel the same way about circumcision.
[quote]On Feb 25, 2019, landmark wrote:

If most people, including hunters, had to endure watching what modern mass slaughter factories were like, it would probably freak them out--city and rural dwellers. [/quote]

It didn't work for showing sweay shops, why would it work for food?
People care more about animals than humans.

I'm not saying anyone's habits would necessarily change--just that it would gross them out in a way that seeing a hunter prepare his or her catch would not.
I am sorry I have my doubts. People know. Anyone who watched "Dirty Jobs" for one season knows.