(Close Window)
Topic: Spooky X-mass theme routine?
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Nov 18, 2018 04:01PM)
I am looking for a nice Spooky X-mass theme routine? Anything goes. Anything about a kid would be cool.

Any ideas of where to find a routine like this? You can PM me with any book tiles or whatever you like.

Best
Ray
Anthony Black had a couple of Xmas pdf's (one on Krampus and one on elf on a shelf) both bizarre, you could message him on here and see if they are still available (I know he had them up for Halloween)
Dan Baines offered a lot of Krampus props that were really spot on creepy.
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Nov 19, 2018 12:02AM)
Thanks guys for the information.

Ray
The Christmas Gift in Hauntiques.
Angelo Carbone’s wonderful “The Gift” is easy to combine Christmas and spooky all in one! Red Christmassy ribbon and a reveal as child friendly or adult chilling as you like!

Many of Blackhart’s brilliant effects can be easily adapted for Christmas too.
[quote]On Nov 19, 2018, The Curator wrote:
The Christmas Gift in Hauntiques. [/quote]

You beat me to it, Christian. I perform this every year. Wonderful story magic!

Jorey
Probably needless to say but there are a couple of book tests featuring 'A Christmas Carol'.
Unfortunately not enough time for this, but the web gets the creative juices flowing:

https://shirleytwofeathers.com/The_Blog/bookofshadows/category/christmas-spells/

http://www.fox32chicago.com/mornings/288823260-video (I know it's about Halloween, but it might very well suit a spooky X-mas story)
You can make this the showcase spooky Christmas effect for your evening or combine it with just about any of the others already mentioned - highly recommended:

https://www.magicnook.com/WizJ22/wizj22-02SantasMagicJingleBell.htm
I bought a brass antique sleighbell off that big auction site many years ago but in hindsight there are many cast iron ones available very inexpensive prices that would likely react well with a Ho88es box or something similar. Especially spooky if you decorate the box with some type of Christmas wrap or drape it with festive fabric and then bell just move on it’s own.
You may try something like "Dyslexic Gunfight at the O.K. Carol"
Jay Sankey has an effect on one of his videos (I think it's 22 blows to the head) that uses little sleigh bells or jingle bells with a Christmas theme.
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Nov 21, 2018 03:52PM)
I bought issue number 8 of The Mystic Menagerie for ideas. I like the talking baby doll head idea......

https://www.lebanoncircle.co.uk/products/the-mystic-menagerie-issue-8

Ray
[quote]On Nov 21, 2018, afinemesh wrote:
Jay Sankey has an effect on one of his videos (I think it's 22 blows to the head) that uses little sleigh bells or jingle bells with a Christmas theme. [/quote]

I forgot about that routine afinemesh. And it's a really good one, quite emotional actually. I remember seeing it, stopping the DVD, and immediately going to a craft store to pick up the bells.
[quote]On Nov 21, 2018, Wizard of Oz wrote:
[quote]On Nov 21, 2018, afinemesh wrote:
Jay Sankey has an effect on one of his videos (I think it's 22 blows to the head) that uses little sleigh bells or jingle bells with a Christmas theme. [/quote]

I forgot about that routine afinemesh. And it's a really good one, quite emotional actually. I remember seeing it, stopping the DVD, and immediately going to a craft store to pick up the bells. [/quote]

Simple but effective. . .
[quote]On Nov 18, 2018, gothicmagic wrote:
Anthony Black had a couple of Xmas pdf's (one on Krampus and one on elf on a shelf) both bizarre, you could message him on here and see if they are still available (I know he had them up for Halloween) [/quote]

Thanks for the mention.

Ray, PM your email address and I'll send you them.

In fact, anyone else that wants them PM me your email address (today) too. Why not eh, tis the season and all.

Happy Holiday's x
Very generous, Anthony!
Yes a very generous holiday offer indeed !!
Anthony, thank you for your generous treat. I'm especially liking the Krampus routine, it is devilishly delightful ;-)
Hey guys, sort of off topic but if I remember correctly Dan was selling some Krampus Ornaments last year or the year before on the Lebanon Circle site. If anybody has one of these ornaments they would care to part with please PM me as I'm interested in getting one.

Thanks

-Bob
Maybe he has some left. Why not email him? I might do that too :-) :firedevil:
I sent him an email so hopefully I hear back soon.