(Close Window)
Topic: The Relic - Revived
Now that Vic at Gemini Artifacts has obtained the rights to Outlaws Relic & Templar and added The Raven Relic to the fold I wondered if anyone out there would be willing to share some of gems that would have been posted on the Relic section of the now defunct Outlaw Forum back in 2007. It seemed to kick off some fantastic ideas back then judging from the posts on the Café from that time. Perhaps if anyone is happy to share I can start a post down in the Crypt to keep it from prying eyes?
I'll be the first to share!

Gem # 1: Keep it away from your pacemaker, or else we will be buying it in the Magical Deal section.
Gem # 2: Keep it away from your Cell Phone, or you will need a quarter to call.
Gem # 3: Store it on your refrigerator, and as long as you know where your refrigerator is you will know where your relic is.
Gem # 4: If you need ideas, you may not need a relic.

Don't you hate it when dead stuff comes back alive? I sure do. lol

Willie
Purveyor of dead things.
Willie, you missed off the real Gem # 1: YOU! Very few people can make me laugh at 6am before I’ve had my first coffee but you manage to do so pretty regularly!

The one thing I did pick up from the hints on the Café of what was going into the Outlaw forum was that a) this is particularly strong and attaractive magic and that I won’t be performing it for my 85 year old neighbour with a pacemaker.

As always most of the greatest back stories, nuggets of info and downright brilliant ideas for a bizarre effect come from those who sat there with it in their hands for a while after eagerly unwrapping the parcel it arrived in and saying to themselves...what if? It would just be a shame if some of those ideas were buried with a certain Outlaw.
Thanks Bog, glad I made you laugh. Life is too short not to. (Believe me, when you thread the needle through the palate and out the nose to put that final smile on someone's face, you understand).

Some of the Outlaw forums were rich in ideas, but I don't remember the relic forum being such. Then again, I must confess that I didn't do much with it beyond the second week, when I was wearing it as jewelry and got too close to the elevator wall. Had to go up two additional floors before I could get off.

Fact # 2: Relic doesn't play well with other objects in a metallic world

Willie

Undertaker with the magnetic personality
OK now I'm seriously worried that when the postman delivers my Relic a quantity of my Outlaw, Gemini, Lebanon and other items will come flying in from around the house to fuse together in the kitchen into one super massive black hole!

Post for Relic discussions created down in the Crypt https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=680238&forum=221&2&start=0#1
I left you my contribution to your new thread
Thank you Willie, very much appreciated. Subtle, beautiful and nuanced.......are all words.........
......in the Oxford English Dictionary
[quote]On Nov 28, 2018, Bogbadger wrote:
......in the Oxford English Dictionary [/quote]

You must be almost as old as I am, no one uses a dictionary anymore, they just let the computer spell stuff for them. How old am I you may ask.....
In Genesis God says, "Let there be light!" He was going to say, "Let there be dirt!" But I suggested light would sound more poetic, especially in the King James language he invented just before that and was already speaking, and after an eon or two agreed. So, when you read, "Let there be light!" in the creation story, that was mine. You also now have the answer to why he said, "Let us make man in our image." instead of "Let me make man in my image."

Willie
Old as dust.
Now I understand why the earth was, for a while, void and empty.
Also where God gets his wicked sense of humor.
I think you mean heavenly sense of humor.
My Relic has arrived. Very nice! Took the postman a while to get up the drive with the package as he kept getting dragged back towards the van every few steps forward! More details and pics down in the Crypt.
[quote]On Nov 29, 2018, Winks wrote:
I think you mean heavenly sense of humor. [/quote]
Not if it came from Willie.
I think this effect is just as easily accomplished without electronics. I remember when it was released with much fanfare but did not live up to the hype imo.
Hi alligator, no electronics are involved with this effect, are you sure you are thinking of The Relic?
Don't know what I was thinking. I meant to say magnets, not electronics. That does not change the fact that I did not feel it worthy of the hype. However, it was a new concept at the time. And still can be accomplished now without either.
[quote]On Dec 4, 2018, aligator wrote:
Don't know what I was thinking. I meant to say magnets, not electronics. That does not change the fact that I did not feel it worthy of the hype. However, it was a new concept at the time. And still can be accomplished now without either. [/quote]

What effect would you recommend to accomplish this as smoothly without m***ets alligator? I love and still regularly use Matt Cults “Conan Doyle & The Bad Penny” but that still takes a lot more “work” to accomplish a similar effect and you aren’t able to tell which side up the coin is.
[quote]On Dec 4, 2018, Bogbadger wrote:
Don't know what I was thinking. I meant to say magnets, not electronics. That does not change the fact that I did not feel it worthy of the hype. However, it was a new concept at the time. And still can be accomplished now without either. [/quote]

What effect would you recommend to accomplish this as smoothly without m***ets alligator? I love and still regularly use Matt Cults “Conan Doyle & The Bad Penny” but that still takes a lot more “work” to accomplish a similar effect and you aren’t able to tell which side up the coin is. [/quote]

You have a 50% success rate with just a guess. Feeling lucky?
You could use Tequila Hustler for the which hand and follow up with the Brass Coin Casket for orientation as well as work in a prediction between. Much depends on how one chooses to present it.
You could use Tequila Hustler for the which hand and follow up with the Brass Coin Casket for orientation as well as work in a prediction between. Much depends on how one chooses to present it. [/quote]

Please, don't mention Tequila and Hustler in the same sentence. Brings back memories of my youth when I was hustled in Tijuana Mexico.
I thought for sure you were going to say not to mention the time you had a bottle of Tequila then picked up a copy of Hustler. And the rest, as they say, is history.
I like your new avatar winks!
Thanks. The Mad Monk.
[quote]On Dec 5, 2018, Winks wrote:
Thanks. The Mad Monk. [/quote]
The DC super villian or Rasputin?
[quote]On Dec 4, 2018, Wizard of Oz wrote:
I like your new avatar winks! [/quote]

I would change mine but then I wouldn't know who I was.
"The DC super villian or Rasputin?"

Yes.