(Close Window)
Topic: Savannah
Heading to Savannah for a few days. Not surprisingly the historic city has lots and lots of ghost tours. Would like to hear from those that have been on one of their ghost tours and what you thought of it.
I live in the historic district of Savannah, it's a fantastic town! Most haunted city in the U.S. - you can't throw a rock without hitting something haunted. The best ghost tour is by Old Savannah Tours (the white trolleys). They have a ghost tour which actually lets you out into a couple of locations (The Pirate House and Sorrel-Weed House). The other tours don't go inside any buildings. The Pirate House is a nice haunted restaurant with great food, though a bit pricey. They sport the oldest structure in Georgia and were mentioned in Treasure Island. Moon River Brewing is a very cool haunted brewery with great local brews.
I'm Hoping to sometime soon see some of those locations myself
Vlad
You shouldnít need to throw a rock, the lithobolic poltergeist union will be up in arms!

Iíve got a book that mentions Bonaventure Cemetery. It was featured in the 1994 novel Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt, and in the movie, directed by Clint Eastwood. It has itís fair share of ghostly tales. Statues that grimace and bleed from the eyes, a phantom pack of dogs and the sounds of babies crying and children laughing near their graves. Take a resurrection cemetery gate key with you and you could have lots of fun.
Bonaventure is cool - there is also a spectacular cemetery right downtown - Colonial Cemetery. Smaller than Bonaventure but just as haunted.
Great advice Bedford and Bogbadger. We signed up for the Old Savannah Tours ghost tour for tomorrow night. Tuesday we'll visit the Bonaventure and the Colonial Cemetery. Colonial is only 4 minutes walk from where we are staying.

Sounds like Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil is a must read. Speaking of books, I feel compelled to pick up one of the books on local ghosts. Is there anyone in particular that is more popular than the others around here?
Best one I've found is Haunted Savannah: America's Most Spectral City, by James Caskey. Very well researched and written. You can find it at most of the tourist shops down on River Street.
Thanks Bedford, I'll hunt that one down today.
Have fun in Savannah! I'm traveling this week or I would arrange to say hi.
Dang it. I didnít connect the dots soon enough. I just did a show in Savannah this morning at a private school. If you are around River Street between 12:20-1 message me and Iíll say hello before I head back home!