(Close Window)
Topic: Bigger Fish Files
Inb4 Tom Wong or whatever from his home... I mean Mentalistry store, comes on to push it (if he ends up carrying it). I rather just deal with and pay Peter Turner directly. USB containing what I assume will be the link to the product. Itís another video project covering material that has been based on, inspired, and/or updated from the Bigger Fish and Bigger Fish 2 books that have been long out of print. Very cool USB fob as itís inside a cork for a tiny glass bottle. From the sounds of it this will not be a Dropbox/Vimeo style distribution and instead I believe Peter will have a password protected website that will stream the content set up or being set up. Videography presumably from Jacob. Iíve just ordered this personally and am excited as both DiD2 and Escalators were phenomenal in content. Limited to 200 copies. Preorder going on right now. 200 GBP is the price.
Tom Wong got beat good.
[quote]On Dec 2, 2018, Nevets wrote:
Tom Wong got beat good. [/quote]

Let me pull a Tom Wong here by doing a copy pasta. The only difference is that Iíll be pretty up to date with my info and also keep relative good tabs on progression of things. Too bad I make literally nada on this and am just a paying customer. If Tomís is in any way shape or form an acceptable level of customer service, then I really should take going into the magic reseller business a career shift option. LoL.

ďThe time is now!

This is the biggest and best project Iíve ever, ever created. Ive been working on this for over a year and Iím so ****ing happy to be able to talk about it.

- The Bigger Fish Files.

The material in the first two books changed my life - I never, never anticipated we would be where we are now and yet here we are.

Firstly, anyone thatís followed my story and supported me and my work thank you - Youíve helped me as a performer and a creator.

I rarely brag about my creations but this one is something special.

It would take far too long to list everything on this project, youíll just have to trust me when I say it will change you as a performer (itís certainly changed me).

This material is inspired by the Biggerfish books - Iíve revisited those books given the material INSANE twists, updates and created brand new, never before seen material, principles and plots inspired by those books.

What started as me updating the material in those books (for myself) turned into an obsession and that obsession turned into me creating what I consider my best work to date.

If you thought Devil in Disguise 2 was a big project youíll love this.

Iíve worked hard with Tom Phoenix to create a security system that is so unique to protect the material - that alone I guarantee you will smile at.

Iíve also flown Jacob Smith in from the states to film this project in a way no other project has ever been shot. Iíve directed this project from start to finish and personally been editing this project myself. ****, it looks cool.

Anyway enough of me rambling letís talk details.

This is limited to 200 bottles.

Devil in Disguise 2 sold out incredibly quickly and I got a number of emails telling me I never gave enough time for people to reserve themselves a copy - well hereís your chance.

Get yours now.

200gbp - (The price point reflects the quality of the material and time and effort that has gone into this). You will not be disappointed.

You know the PayPal -

Peterturnermentalism@hotmail.co.uk

❤️

Will this be carried by mindfx
[quote]On Dec 2, 2018, SleepyMagic wrote:
Will this be carried by mindfx [/quote]

Iím going to assume yes since MindFX carries virtually everything he puts out including DiD2 when that was available.
200 Pounds for a bottle?
[quote]On Dec 2, 2018, pegasus wrote:
200 Pounds for a bottle? [/quote]

No. 200£ for an EMPTY bottle.

Hehe

Madison Hagler
Happy to report that MindFX will be carrying these and the pre-order facility will go up on the site later tonight. After discussing this project in depth with Pete a while back I offered to help fund this project by placing an advanced order and Pete very kindly offered to keep this as an exclusive to MindFX and himself in return.

Best Wishes Michael
[quote]On Dec 2, 2018, celebrity wrote:
Happy to report that MindFX will be carrying these and the pre-order facility will go up on the site later tonight. After discussing this project in depth with Pete a while back I offered to help fund this project by placing an advanced order and Pete very kindly offered to keep this as an exclusive to MindFX and himself in return.

Best Wishes Michael [/quote]

Beautiful! Wasnít sure if you were going to carry this so I paid Peter directly, otherwise I wouldíve ordered from your site Michael. Cheers!

Hereís also the trailer for this project folks:

https://youtu.be/nsXmnQozAak

The USB drive is basically built into the cork that tops the little bottle. Peter posted photos of it on his FB, itís really slick looking.
Any descriptions of a few of the routines?

Thanks
[quote]On Dec 2, 2018, SleepyMagic wrote:
Any descriptions of a few of the routines?

Thanks [/quote]

Nope.
Kissdadookie - That is no problem at all, it is the same price from Pete or MindFX so all is good ;)

The product has now been added as a pre-order on the site for those who are interested!

https://www.mindfx.co.uk/collections/new-arrivals-1/products/bigger-fish-files-by-peter-turner

Best Wishes Michael

No, £200 for a limited release of updated material from his last limited release which will never be available again until he dreams up a new gimmicky format to flog the next lot of updates.
Yup, Ed, I like your thinking- a decent years income from a modest monetary investment that requires very little working time from Pete (wait a minute- I'm wrong- this was years in the making!), on a product that most buyers will get almost no use out of because they just follow along like mindless zombies.

And you and I will get slammed from the usual suspects for saying things like this.

Ain't magic amazing?
Folk just trying to enjoy themselves and sharing their excitement.

Some people just have to come and tell'em "No! You can't enjoy yourself because I say so!"

Don't like it, don't buy it
[quote]On Dec 2, 2018, Jack Straw wrote:
Yup, Ed, I like your thinking- a decent years income from a modest monetary investment that requires very little working time from Pete (wait a minute- I'm wrong- this was years in the making!), on a product that most buyers will get almost no use out of because they just follow along like mindless zombies.

And you and I will get slammed from the usual suspects for saying things like this.

Ain't magic amazing? [/quote]

You and pegasus are hardly the voice of reason...often you guys comment on things you don't own or guess at and get completely wrong... But if you want to label yourselves as the voice of reason, we'll, enjoy the delusion...
[quote]On Dec 2, 2018, ed wood wrote:

No, £200 for a limited release of updated material from his last limited release which will never be available again until he dreams up a new gimmicky format to flog the next lot of updates. [/quote]

[quote]On Dec 2, 2018, Jack Straw wrote:

Ain't magic amazing? [/quote]

So a few things. The material for the most part from Bigger Fish and Bigger Fish 2 had indeed not been released since. The material from the first Devil in Disguise was also not rehashed in Devil in Disguise 2. Isabella Star 3 was an almost entirely new method to Isabella's Star and also, Isabella's Star 2 actually contained the first Isabella's Star in it's entirety so that owners of IS2 were able to learn the routine from it's roots. His Portugal Notes was also more or less not released again material-wise. What he put out in Jinxed was pretty much contained exclusively to that release. What he released in Escalators is also not a rehash of his previous work.

Yes, certain principles are used throughout his work but if one was to fault him for that then we might as well make a claim that A Piece of My Mind (great book) from Michael Murray must only contain CUPS and that anything that utilizes CUPS since must certainly just be a cash grab off the back of A Piece of My Mind.

Additionally, the material on his recent video releases, one can CLEARLY tell that a lot of ACTUAL time was spent putting the material together and filming the material. The run time of Devil in Disguise 2 is actually the equivalent of what would be on several DVD's not to mention the material is phenomenal (a lot of ideas were further developed and refined from his PDF master class series, that series even though they were tremendous value for the material, you can tell that a lot of the material were WIP and most likely why he released them in somewhat unfinished/still working it through form via PDFs, that's not to say that the PDF master class series was a unfinished material cash grab but that series IMHO is very much like Peter compiling material from his personal notebooks rather than worker material that has been done as is hundreds of times in professional gig situations, the ideas and principles work but you can see in DiD2 that Peter took these ideas and fleshed them out to the point where they were prime time real world paid engagement ready). Escalators was a tremendous release as well and you can tell that a ton of time had been put into filming the material and editing, etc. Escalators is also not a limited release, DiD2 unfortunately is sold out and has been for awhile ASFAIK.

So honestly, not trying to be argumentative with you two (Ed and Jack), I really don't see how his releases are cash grabs with pie in the sky material that is somehow just rehashed material. There's a reason I didn't get Fraser's newer books yet, because much of the material in them seems like he was iterating on previously released material (and they are expensive as well) but I continue to pick up Peter's releases.
Iain, yes, you are correct, I am commenting on something that I do not own.

Isn't that exactly what this section of The Cafť is for?

Isn't this section for speculation about the "obvious hyperbole" surrounding many of the upcoming products that are released into magicdom (please read the blurb underneath the "Latest and Greatest" headline on the home page. "Obvious hyperbole", not "possible hyperbole". For those of you that do not know, the definition of hyperbole is "exaggerated statements or claims not to be taken literally".)?

I am basing my comments on things that I have seen happen here before.

I'm allowed to do that.

And I will never own it- the cost is too rich for my blood.

If you're one of the lucky 200 (and unlike Kissdadookie, you're not actually saying that you are), more power to you.

People who produce and sell magic here (and that's you) are far different than those of us who only buy the stuff.

To you, every release is fantastic and a breakthrough to the art.

To you, certain people are Gods (like Pete Turner), and cannot be questioned or disrespected; and questioning IS disrespecting.

I don't worship any of those Gods.

Kissdadookie, no problem with your opinions at all.

You will soon actually own it, and then you can tell us if it was worth it.

I often buy DVD's with several different effects on it, and if I use one of them, to me it was worth it.

But I usually come up empty on that count, so then it's not worth it.

And when that happens, I take note of the person that wasted my time and money, and I'll never buy from them again, although I'll usually give them two chances before that happens.

I have a long list.

Also, $40 is the cost that I can afford that will allow me to buy something without blinking an eye.

$250, like this gem?

No way.

I think that at least 90% of all of the magic and mentalism that is released and touted here is garbage.

So I need to find that good 10%, not the 90%.

I'm entitled to my opinion.

You're entitled to yours.
Maybe praise that 10% that you actually own then rather than constantly put stuff down... Isn't that a bit more useful rather than "down with this kinda thing"...

It's just draining... What a waste of time to read an opinion on something that isn't owned and never will be regardless of actual content...
Well, let me see, Iain- 42 pages over 5 months on the "T-Classic Watch" before the first one was received by a paying customer and then the topic was locked (and I read every one of those pages, even though I did not order one! And I don't believe that I contributed to the post count at all!).

10 pages on "Balance" before it actually shipped today, with 3 comments from me, although they concerned the fact that there was already one up for sale on The Cafť before it officially came out; but none that criticized the product itself.

God knows how many pages written about "Cubism Maestro" (Because 3 of those topics were totally wiped off of the face of the Earth by the moderators, although there is a current 7 page one going on right now, and another one about Dave Forrest himself.), but in these cases, yes I have contributed to the post count, and that's because I've had personal dealings with Dave myself.

And not one of those pages had a positive comment on the product itself, because the product is missing in action!

It seems like this draining stuff happens all the time here.

I feel that it is my purpose here to warn people about certain things.

Any time Nefesch has a product he is trying to sell here, I will come on and remind people about "Hug", because he stole my money on that one.

And he really did steal it, but I won't go into details because I don't want to bore you.

Unless you really want me to.........

If that bothers you, all you have to do is, whenever you see my name attached to a post, skip over it!

I do that with various people here.

It's actually quite easy to do.

And I do post positive things here, but I guess that you've missed those.
You know the score Jack. We all have to agree with Iain otherwise he gets a monk-on and throws his teddy out of the pram.
Pegasus, ed, and Jack:

Perhaps this release could be a dud (finally) and you three can feel vindicated for your observations but man, I honestly still have not found any of Peter's releases to be duds yet (though, never say never).

Jack, I can totally understand how $250+ is just too high of a price for a product especially when in the world of the magic retail market where I do agree, much of it is complete horse poop, I would recommend you check out his (Peter Turner) download releases on Penguin. They are all super reasonably priced and contains so much usable information with the only fault of those releases (lectures and non-lecture video downloads) is that he often goes off on tangents or goes through things at a sometimes too quick pace where if you divert your attention for even a moment you will miss a crucial piece of information. Well worth checking out and priced at an incredibly affordable price.
Pegasus, I'd trust you enough to jump out of an airplane with you any time, even though I'd be soiling my pants as it's happening!

I know the guys who are watching my back.
Kiss, I may take you up on that.

Your opinions are valid to me.

Would you recommend any lecture in particular?

I'm sending you a PM.
[quote]On Dec 3, 2018, kissdadookie wrote:
Pegasus, ed, and Jack:

Perhaps this release could be a dud (finally) and you three can feel vindicated for your observations but man, I honestly still have not found any of Peter's releases to be duds yet (though, never say never).

Jack, I can totally understand how $250+ is just too high of a price for a product especially when in the world of the magic retail market where I do agree, much of it is complete horse poop, I would recommend you check out his (Peter Turner) download releases on Penguin. They are all super reasonably priced and contains so much usable information with the only fault of those releases (lectures and non-lecture video downloads) is that he often goes off on tangents or goes through things at a sometimes too quick pace where if you divert your attention for even a moment you will miss a crucial piece of information. Well worth checking out and priced at an incredibly affordable price. [/quote]

I only said 200 pounds for a bottle. I had no idea what it meant, up until I saw the promotion pic. Now I understand and this will be my final post here. The trailer was cool.
[quote]On Dec 3, 2018, Jack Straw wrote:

I'm sending you a PM. [/quote]

Iíd go for the at the table lecture first as that sells for pennies and has some good workable stuff.

Mark
[quote]On Dec 3, 2018, Jack Straw wrote:

I'm sending you a PM. [/quote]

Answered your inquiry in regards to accents in the PM. As for which lecture to recommend, I think the second one (Penguin) from a material standpoint is my favorite. That Fate-CAAN he teaches, WHOA NELLY! The Jedi push on there and boy is that a good one along with thoughts on Derren Brown's Lift (I think it's called Lift, it's a PK touches type effect that is done in real time).

He also has a Murphy's At the Table Live lecture. That one is like only $8 when not on sale (he talks a bit faster and goes off on more tangents on that one, so you will likely have to do a lot of rewinding when watching that one to catch what he's explaining).

I would go with one of those instant download videos first before trying to venture into one of his PDF mentalism master class series (I found his written work to be easier to understand when you first have a foundational knowledge of the ideas he uses throughout his work in a visual video format first, as a lot of it has to do with timing of your script). If one is interested in his Isabella's Star routine, I would skip Isabella's Star 2 (which contains the first one in it's entirety + IS2) and go straight to Isabella's Star 3. Much more streamlined, easier to execute, and it's actually more like 3 effects stringed together into a routine (and a number of key principles are applicable to a whole range of things if one sat down and thought about applications for the principles).

That's mainly why I keep picking up his releases. There's so much material from a techniques and principles standpoint that are practical and usable with a variety of other stuff that I may perform completely outside of the routines he teaches them in. That's where a lot of the value comes in. I'm sure that one day he may run out of ideas but thus far the well has not run dry yet for him (so in a lot of ways, he's kind of like Bob Cassidy, when Cassidy was alive, he released A LOT of material when alive, completely prolific).
[quote]On Dec 3, 2018, pegasus wrote:
You know the score Jack. We all have to agree with Iain otherwise he gets a monk-on and throws his teddy out of the pram. [/quote]

wow that's quite an old Yorkshire based phrased...not heard that in years...

and nope, no one has to agree with me - just as you guys who constantly complain and guess incorrectly can do just that, I can question your actions...cuts both ways, as does the advice...don't read my comments, don't respond...easy...

and yes - people can guess at what's on this release...I won't be buying it, I bought the BF2 book when it was released - it was an interesting read...and I've seen Pete perform a fair few times for normal people (not you lot) and he can walk the talk or talk the walk, whichever way it want it...but there's a big difference between guessing and constantly nagging and chipping away at releases...

again - if you wanna act like you're a full time contributor to the Daily Mail angry letters pages and cuddle your princess diana duvet - go for it...

i'll still type what I want...

oh and if you are reading this, how about doing some reviews or even a PM on the things you DO genuinely like, and where you perform them - I'd honestly be interested in finding out what is a good release in your collective eyes...
Really? We're going back to a debate about whether Pete's material is good? Again? Honestly? The detractors on here seem as fanatic and obsessed by him as his supporters! I only have my own opinion but it's shared by more than a few. From my perspective Bigger Fish 2 made a big impact when it was released and contained some very strong material. So did When in Rome. (I didn't know Pete at the time but appreciated the thinking in his work.) Devil in Disguise 2 was not only huge but had some great material on it. Escalators (much cheaper) had some great material on it - I'd say it was worth more than it was priced at. Isabella's Star 3 was more niche - I'm biased because I wrote it with him, but the feedback was excellent and although it's not super easy mentalism, many people thought it was a big step forward with that plot. There are very few that continue to release high quality material again and again. Pete is one of them. I've seen him do lectures. I've seen him do masterclasses. I've seen him entertain close up and stand up for the public. I've seen him hold court over and over again at conventions. I've seen the shows he's consulted on. I'm not a fanboy. I just appreciate good, strong mentalism and he delivers. Love his work? I'm sure the latest release won't disappoint. (Although I don't know much about it details wise, I do know the level of craft and care that has gone into it.) Don't like it? Don't buy it. We all like what we like.
[quote]On Dec 3, 2018, swood wrote:
Isabella's Star 3 was more niche - I'm biased because I wrote it with him, but the feedback was excellent and although it's not super easy mentalism, many people thought it was a big step forward with that plot.
[/quote]

If IS3 isnít super easy then how do we describe IS and IS2?!? :)

IS3 was super streamlined and elegant.
I absolutely love IS3 and Peter is an absolute master at it, Jack does like to bait, you could call him a baiter and he is an absolute master at it ;)

Yes Pete is a good friend, not because he is a clever thinker but because he is a really warm and generous human being. I first met Pete when Bigger Fish 2 was due to be released. I was heading to Leeds for work and knowing Pete lives in that neck of the woods I sent him a message asking if he was free to meet. We met in a restaurant where he immediately blew my mind with his billetless name guess. He then performed his hands off ACAAN with my borrowed deck. He then taught me every single effect from Bigger Fish 2 and shared a bunch of unpublished material with me. The least I could do was pay for dinner but no Pete wasnít having any of it and said ďNo, dinner is on meĒ. I was like I have just had a free master class with Pete Turner and now you want to buy me dinner, so I put my foot down and got dinner.

So at this point I have met Pete once for a couple of hours. A few weeks later the client in Leeds wants me back so I send Pete a message to let him know I am coming back to Leeds and he says ďDonít pay out for a hotel, come and stay at my placeĒ. So he gives me the details and I arrive at Peteís, He left me a message to say that he is out so I let myself in. I then send Pete a message asking where he is and he replies ďIím in Paris, I should be back on Thursday, make yourself at home and we can hang out at the weekendĒ.

Pete is often portrayed on these forums as a money grabbing charlatan who churns out half baked ideas that have never been tested on real audiences. Nothing could be further from the truth. The real Pete is a warm generous guy who gives away more than he sells and who will open up his home to a relative stranger and ask for absolutely nothing in return. He has a real passion for this art and crafts his routines in painstaking fashion and tests them extensively in the real world and tweaks them to breaking point before releasing them. There are a ton of people who have similar stories to mine of Pete, he is very generous with both his time and talent.

On to Peteís material, I canít speak about the BF Files as life has kept me too busy to spend as much time with Pete as Iíd like this year so I donít know the details but I saw him work the Midas touch on real people, as in the general public for 5 years before her released it, I saw IS3 go from the germ of an idea to a fully fleshed out polished routine over several years before he released it. Many of the items in DID 2 I saw the seed of the original idea that he showed me years ago turn into routines that in some cases had me completely fooled. I use a lot of Peteís material myself in the real world including Astronomical, Your intuition, Simply overlooked, Try to Hypno me, bold phone unlock. Getting to know you, IS2 and 3 and Midas touch regularly. I am sure I use others but those I use often. Pete and Michael Murray are the two people whoís thinking most influences my own and who consistently leave me in awe of their thinking.

Peteís earliest work such as Dare to be Bold and Devious realities my be a bit hit and miss but he was a young boy back then, Peter the man has consistently released workable and solid real world tested material which includes far more value than simply the effects. Pete has more than earned his success but there are those who will always try to know him down because of that success.
Mark, calling Jack a master baiter is the funniest thing Iíve read in a long time! 😂😂😂
Wow, I'm humbled and I'm impressed with my "master baiter" status.

I didn't know I was so darn good.

Nevets, you disappoint me with your laughter.

Please repeat after me:

Jack is a master baiter, Jack is a master baiter........
Reminds me of the old 1970ís kids tv programme Captain Pugwash. Starring Master Bates, Seaman Staines and Roger the Cabin Boy. :rotf:
I'm almost certain that this will be an incredible release. Just a shame this will be snapped up before I'll be able to save up and spend that amount. never been a fan of this whole limited release idea.

Oh well.
[quote]On Dec 4, 2018, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
I absolutely love IS3 and Peter is an absolute master at it, Jack does like to bait, you could call him a baiter and he is an absolute master at it ;)

Yes Pete is a good friend, not because he is a clever thinker but because he is a really warm and generous human being. I first met Pete when Bigger Fish 2 was due to be released. I was heading to Leeds for work and knowing Pete lives in that neck of the woods I sent him a message asking if he was free to meet. We met in a restaurant where he immediately blew my mind with his billetless name guess. He then performed his hands off ACAAN with my borrowed deck. He then taught me every single effect from Bigger Fish 2 and shared a bunch of unpublished material with me. The least I could do was pay for dinner but no Pete wasnít having any of it and said ďNo, dinner is on meĒ. I was like I have just had a free master class with Pete Turner and now you want to buy me dinner, so I put my foot down and got dinner.

So at this point I have met Pete once for a couple of hours. A few weeks later the client in Leeds wants me back so I send Pete a message to let him know I am coming back to Leeds and he says ďDonít pay out for a hotel, come and stay at my placeĒ. So he gives me the details and I arrive at Peteís, He left me a message to say that he is out so I let myself in. I then send Pete a message asking where he is and he replies ďIím in Paris, I should be back on Thursday, make yourself at home and we can hang out at the weekendĒ.

Pete is often portrayed on these forums as a money grabbing charlatan who churns out half baked ideas that have never been tested on real audiences. Nothing could be further from the truth. The real Pete is a warm generous guy who gives away more than he sells and who will open up his home to a relative stranger and ask for absolutely nothing in return. He has a real passion for this art and crafts his routines in painstaking fashion and tests them extensively in the real world and tweaks them to breaking point before releasing them. There are a ton of people who have similar stories to mine of Pete, he is very generous with both his time and talent.

On to Peteís material, I canít speak about the BF Files as life has kept me too busy to spend as much time with Pete as Iíd like this year so I donít know the details but I saw him work the Midas touch on real people, as in the general public for 5 years before her released it, I saw IS3 go from the germ of an idea to a fully fleshed out polished routine over several years before he released it. Many of the items in DID 2 I saw the seed of the original idea that he showed me years ago turn into routines that in some cases had me completely fooled. I use a lot of Peteís material myself in the real world including Astronomical, Your intuition, Simply overlooked, Try to Hypno me, bold phone unlock. Getting to know you, IS2 and 3 and Midas touch regularly. I am sure I use others but those I use often. Pete and Michael Murray are the two people whoís thinking most influences my own and who consistently leave me in awe of their thinking.

Peteís earliest work such as Dare to be Bold and Devious realities my be a bit hit and miss but he was a young boy back then, Peter the man has consistently released workable and solid real world tested material which includes far more value than simply the effects. Pete has more than earned his success but there are those who will always try to know him down because of that success. [/quote]

These are the kind of things that testify to character. What you say speaks highly of Peter, very cool. Makes me respect him more. Thank you for sharing.
Just to clarify, this will have the same routines as BF and BF2 but just refined and made better?

Thanks
Sleepy
[quote]On Dec 4, 2018, Jack Straw wrote:

Please repeat after me:

Jack is a master baiter, Jack is a master baiter........ [/quote]

Jack I hope you know that I am only playing with you with no ill intent.

Mark
Maybe Jack likes being played with :-0
[quote]On Dec 4, 2018, Nevets wrote:
Maybe Jack likes being played with :-0 [/quote]
I think we already established he likes to play with himself.

Sorry couldnít resist that one :)

Mark
[quote]On Dec 4, 2018, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
[quote]On Dec 4, 2018, Jack Straw wrote:

Please repeat after me:

Jack is a master baiter, Jack is a master baiter........ [/quote]

Jack I hope you know that I am only playing with you with no ill intent.

Mark [/quote]

Mark, Nevets, and anyone else- no problem at all!

I actually do have a good sense of humor...or is that humour?

Lots of times things get a little crazy here, but we need to have fun in life, and I do like to have fun.

Do you think that I was unaware of what I was implying when I said I was a master baiter?

Mark, I actually wasn't sure if you were getting at that when you first made the claim.

I hope that you were!
Just put my order through MindFx...I hope.
Payment was accepted, but when I returned to the site it was ďsold outĒ.
Hope all went through ok.

I wasnít a big fan of Peteís early stuff, but his releases over the past couple of years have been stellar imo.
Thank God for being able to order through MindFx though lol.
Mr. Murray is on top of it. Iíve never had anything but great service there.

(Side note; recently picked up Locked in Time from him. I know itís an effect thatís been around in different forms, and the locks could be hit and miss.
The lock works perfectly, and itís priced right. Gets surprisingly strong reactions. And at about $40.00 itís very fair. Strong recommendation for this folks)

Anyway, end of mindless daily rant :)
Jack yes the baiter comment was subtle but intentional. After I said Peter was a master at IS3 the baiter line was too hard to resist. I could have aimed it at any of Peteís critics but based on your past posts I was fairly certain you would get the joke and take it in the spirit it was intended.

Mark
[quote]On Dec 4, 2018, SleepyMagic wrote:
Just to clarify, this will have the same routines as BF and BF2 but just refined and made better?

Thanks
Sleepy [/quote]

Knowing the material Peter has been releasing itís most likely material which are based on plots and ideas from those books but not just a video version of the books.
Just ordered it. I quite liked his previous works like DiD2, Midas Touch, IS3 and so on. Hope they arrive soon!
252life, many thanks for the very kind words!

I just got off the phone with Pete and he has very kindly allowed me to take a few more copies off his hands so I have adjusted the online inventory should anyone want one that could'nt grab one from me yesterday.

Wishing everyone a great weekend!!!

Best Wishes Michael

Now I understand and this will be my final post here. [/quote]
I will give you $100 if this turns out to be your last post here. I don't need to be Peter Turner to know my money is safe. ;)
Can someone please post a description of the effects please
Peter says it's a massive project and there's too many effects to post a description about.
[quote]On Dec 5, 2018, Psy wrote:
Can someone please post a description of the effects please [/quote]

None available. Peter has been consistent enough to establish a loyal base of support so a limited release like this is likely to be purchased solely on his name quicker than it would on the description of effects.
When will it be released?
Already released. In the shipping process now I believe.
[quote]On Dec 5, 2018, Tempesta wrote:
Already released. In the shipping process now I believe. [/quote]

Already ready to ship?!? When? Where did you find this out?!? I did not get notified nor have I seen anything from his FB!
Just put my order in with Peter. I hope itís out this side of Christmas. Fingers crossed.
Just heard this will likely be released in 2019. Hope thatís not true :(
Does anyone have a spare £200 lying around that I could borrow please?
1KJ does, heís the Cafť rich guy.
I don't have have a Facebook account, is there any word on contents yet?
[quote]On Dec 5, 2018, Tempesta wrote:
[quote]On Dec 5, 2018, Psy wrote:
Can someone please post a description of the effects please [/quote]

None available. Peter has been consistent enough to establish a loyal base of support so a limited release like this is likely to be purchased solely on his name quicker than it would on the description of effects. [/quote]
[quote]On Dec 5, 2018, Nevets wrote:

Now I understand and this will be my final post here. [/quote]
I will give you $100 if this turns out to be your last post here. I don't need to be Peter Turner to know my money is safe. ;) [/quote]
pegasus just lost $100 :rofl:
So to be clear

If you already have both of the bigger fish books

This would not be worth getting?
Decide quick :)
JackMagic, this was listed on the first page, which is copied from Peter's FB post I believe.

"This material is inspired by the Biggerfish books - Iíve revisited those books given the material INSANE twists, updates and created brand new, never before seen material, principles and plots inspired by those books. "
Peter Turner seems to be utterly unresponsive. No response to email, no response to private message on the Cafť. Does anyone know how to reach him?
Hi bole, shoot me a pm with anything you need to know and I will get the answers for you. Pete has been on the road the past few weeks but I can relay a message to him for you when I call him ;)

Best Wishes Michael
I've had a couple of people message to ask about this, and to clarify I am not involved in this project so I can't answer any questions about the content or timeframe. Michael or Pete are better bets for updates. Thanks.
[quote]On Dec 18, 2018, swood wrote:
I've had a couple of people message to ask about this, and to clarify I am not involved in this project so I can't answer any questions about the content or timeframe. Michael or Pete are better bets for updates. Thanks. [/quote]

LIES! We all know that Steve Wood is a PT shill! I kid I kid. Peter has made no mention that you were part of this project. Now, if Jacob was to come on here speaking volumes of superfluous praise for the project... I would raise an eyebrow... since he shot the thing. LoL :D
Steve was Peteís body double for the motorcycle cut scenes :) :realnerdy:
I'm a bit confused by your reply, but it's all good. I just had a few enquiries and thought it was easier to answer once than individually.
252life I love it. Only in the same way that Ed Wood's chiropractor doubled as Bela Lugosi in Plan 9 From Outer Space when Lugosi died. They looked totally unlike each other, which made me love that film even more!
Lol I sense multiple tattoos and a beard in your future 🔮

:goof:
Ha - I have one solitary tattoo which I got for a very specific philosophical reason. And next to the more tattooed in our game it looks a bit naff. And beards - I did that at Uni, what - 100 or so years ago! Been there, . . .
These days a clean shave, suit, and no tattoos, is being rebellious lol.
You're right - and every time I buy hummus I think "That'll show em!" Grrr.
Back on topic. When is this likely to be in the hands of customers?
According to his Facebook page, Peter is scheduled to make an announcement on shipping and release today! :)
[quote]On Dec 18, 2018, swood wrote:
I'm a bit confused by your reply, but it's all good. I just had a few enquiries and thought it was easier to answer once than individually. [/quote]

It was a inb4 other people come in to claim that kind of joke. It wasn't actually a slight or shade thrown in your direction. LoL.
[quote]On Dec 19, 2018, Tempesta wrote:
According to his Facebook page, Peter is scheduled to make an announcement on shipping and release today! :) [/quote]
Any news?
Yeah I reread it and realised but life had moved on so I left it. Thanks for clarifying!
Back on track please. Have any announcements about the release date been made yet?
[quote]On Dec 19, 2018, Nevets wrote:
[quote]On Dec 19, 2018, Tempesta wrote:
According to his Facebook page, Peter is scheduled to make an announcement on shipping and release today! :) [/quote]
Any news? [/quote]

Not yet.
Annoying.
Still nothing?
Peter just filmed additional content that heís decided to add to the project. ETA yet to be specified.

Best,

Drew
Thanks Drew.
Any further updates?
I am sure that Pete has been busy editing over the festive period and will shoot him a message to see how things are progressing and will report back asap ;)

Best Wishes Michael
Xchange editing for drinking. :cheers:
Thanks Michael

Pegasus - LOL
For those of you whom are waiting on updates about Bigger Fish Files and are simply not much into following going ons via social media, Peter just posted on FB today. He's filming and editing a final piece to this project (may just be editing the final, don't quote me on that exactly LoL) for which when it is done, the bottles will be sent out to customers. From what I understand, he's been doing jam sessions with folks including Michael Murray over the past month of December which does not sound like it was ever actually planned for the project but he felt they were of enough worth to include into the project as "last minute" additions. Seems like this is going to be a massive project and based on both of his last two video projects, I have no doubt on both quantity and quality of the project here.
Thx for the update:)
Peter just put an update on Facebook.
He says after the next jam session is over it'll be sent.
So I guess it's almost done. Looking forward to it!
Thank you for the update, sounds like there will be lots of additional value delivered on this project. Great news and it will make the wait all the more worthwhile.
Just to clarify the above, Pete has one last day of filming planned in Newcastle, he was up in advance of Christmas to shoot a jamming session as bonus content but sadly I was ill with food poisoning and so wasnít able to participate as originally intended. We then sheduled another jamming session just before Christmas but had some sound issues (I hope Pete got some footage from it as I shared some prised thoughts and unreleased ideas on there).

Regardless, he will be up within the next few days to repeat the final session where we will attempt to cover anything lost from the last day and much more besides. This stuff will just be the icing on the cake and he will be dropping the bottles off with me then too so that I can post them out the following day. Having been privy only a small part of the final footage I am VERY excited to see the final product which I know already will be unlike anything that has been seen before.

Pete really has gone to town with this project and with Jacobs involvement (with whom it was a please to meet) you are all in for a real treat!

Best Wishes Michael
Peteís been on fire. Looking forward to this one :)
Thanks for the in-depth update Michael!
Looking forward to this! Any more updates?
[quote]On Jan 8, 2019, SleepyMagic wrote:
Looking forward to this! Any more updates? [/quote]

Not that I've been aware of on FB.
In that case...has anyone seen any of the material? How much would you rate it?

Thanks
Sleepy
Just returned home from filming the bonus material with Pete today. Having had a glipse at the edited material I can honestly say that this is TV quality material. Just waiting for Pete to edit the last bit now and then the project is complete. the bottles will then be posted and tracking numbers will be emailed out to the MindFX customers.

Best Wishes Michael
[quote]On Jan 8, 2019, celebrity wrote:
Just returned home from filming the bonus material with Pete today. Having had a glipse at the edited material I can honestly say that this is TV quality material. Just waiting for Pete to edit the last bit now and then the project is complete. the bottles will then be posted and tracking numbers will be emailed out to the MindFX customers.

I saw the picture Peter posted with what looked to be you hiding behind a glass of beer. LoL.
Incredibly excited for this release!
[quote]On Jan 8, 2019, celebrity wrote:

Why not do an extra day of filming at the Event/Session? ;)
Any updates?
[quote]On Jan 15, 2019, SleepyMagic wrote:
Any updates? [/quote]

Because Orlan in the post above yours gave a certain someone some ideas. I'm kidding, I don't know if that is the case and there has not been any new updates as of now.
I know that Pete headed to the Session convention last weekend so he didnít get back to me until today. The line was very bad so he said he would call me back later tonight when he was back home. The few words I heard sounded positive that these can be posted as soon as something has been done to each memory stick in advance of posting them but I will seek some firm answers from him tonight.

Will report back asap!

Best Wishes Michael
Ok, back with an update from Pete -

The guy who is setting up the privacy protection on this product will be speaking to me either tomorrow of Friday. This guy will inform me how to protect each bottle and tie it up with its intended owner. Once this step has been complete the bottles can then be posted. I already have the shipping labels ready and hope to complete this process and post the bottles the same day (I have been told that this shouldn't take more than two minutes for each order).

So all being well these should be posted out by Friday and I will be sending the tracking numbers to everyone as soon as this has been done. Naturally, I will also post on here to let everyone know that this has been done too ;)

Best Wishes Michael
[quote]On Jan 16, 2019, celebrity wrote:
Ok, back with an update from Pete -

The guy who is setting up the privacy protection on this product will be speaking to me either tomorrow of Friday. This guy will inform me how to protect each bottle and tie it up with its intended owner. Once this step has been complete the bottles can then be posted. I already have the shipping labels ready and hope to complete this process and post the bottles the same day (I have been told that this shouldn't take more than two minutes for each order).

So all being well these should be posted out by Friday and I will be sending the tracking numbers to everyone as soon as this has been done. Naturally, I will also post on here to let everyone know that this has been done too ;)

Thanks for the update! Sounds promising!
Michael. Question? How do you manage to ensure that this is a limited release of 200 when there are multiple ways of ordering? Are you and Turner keeping a tally?

Reason I ask is that itís still available on your site after all this time.
[quote]On Jan 16, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Michael. Question? How do you manage to ensure that this is a limited release of 200 when there are multiple ways of ordering? Are you and Turner keeping a tally?

Reason I ask is that itís still available on your site after all this time. [/quote]

From my experience, even though 200 seems and sounds like a very low number, due to the price of it and the fact that this is actually a very niche market, there tends to be a handful of copies remaining for months or more for these limited releases. For example, I bought Devil in Disguise well after MindFX sold all their copies and weeks if not roughly 2 or so months post release. I was able to snag a copy because Peter had a handful left.
A handful left. Indeed. Anyway, Michael?
Hi Pegasus, Pete kindly allowed me to take 100 copies, reserving 100 for himself. The inventory on my site was updated accordingly and I still have copies remaining for sale ;)

Best Wishes Michael
Roger. Thanks for the info.
Roger. Thanks for the info. [/quote]

You picking this up? Should be a doosie. That DiD2 came in at over 150 files, I don't even know how many hours it took to watch it all. LoL.
So what's happening with this now? Was it shipped yesterday?

Thanks
[quote]On Jan 16, 2019, kissdadookie wrote:

You picking this up? Should be a doosie. That DiD2 came in at over 150 files, I don't even know how many hours it took to watch it all. LoL. [/quote]

Absolutely not.
[quote]On Jan 19, 2019, pegasus wrote:

You picking this up? Should be a doosie. That DiD2 came in at over 150 files, I don't even know how many hours it took to watch it all. LoL. [/quote]

Absolutely not. [/quote]

Then stop trolling threads and if you have criticisms about content or marketing, just be blunt about it instead of pretending to be a potential customer with absolutely no other intention than to slide in snarky remarks disapproving of either content, price, or both.
[quote]On Jan 22, 2019, kissdadookie wrote:

Absolutely not. [/quote]

Then stop trolling threads and if you have criticisms about content or marketing, just be blunt about it instead of pretending to be a potential customer with absolutely no other intention than to slide in snarky remarks disapproving of either content, price, or both. [/quote]

Whatever fanboy.
:rotf:
Bottles shipping today. All content uploaded/accessible by Friday.
[quote]On Jan 22, 2019, pegasus wrote:
[quote]On Jan 22, 2019, kissdadookie wrote:

Absolutely not. [/quote]

Then stop trolling threads and if you have criticisms about content or marketing, just be blunt about it instead of pretending to be a potential customer with absolutely no other intention than to slide in snarky remarks disapproving of either content, price, or both. [/quote]

Whatever fanboy.
:rotf: [/quote]

I agree that your posts, Pegasus, are useless... You are always criticizing other peoples... Anyway.. The Cafť would be a better place without you, for sure!
Pegasus you really do need to calm down on the trolling mate, it does make you look bad. In person your probably a cool guy so be cool guy in here too!

Kieran
[quote]On Jan 22, 2019, magicman29 wrote:
Pegasus you really do need to calm down on the trolling mate, it does make you look bad. In person your probably a cool guy so be cool guy in here too!

Kieran [/quote]

Please quote my trolling post(s) and Iíll calm down.
Good news is that bottles are being sent out according to what Peter said on FB and that the content should be all uploaded to the site (I'm assuming the site information is on the flashdrives in the bottles) by Friday. The release shall finally be out in the wild soon.
[quote]On Jan 22, 2019, pegasus wrote:
[quote]On Jan 22, 2019, magicman29 wrote:

Kieran [/quote]

Please quote my trolling post(s) and Iíll calm down. [/quote]

Enough said.
Received my bottle today and watched the available videos - some really intriguing bits on here, looking forward to seeing the rest at the weekend..
[quote]On Jan 23, 2019, Winnes wrote:
Received my bottle today and watched the available videos - some really intriguing bits on here, looking forward to seeing the rest at the weekend.. [/quote]

How's the format for this new release? Same ole Vimeo file by file or is this one an actual polished website now?
[quote]On Jan 23, 2019, kissdadookie wrote:
[quote]On Jan 23, 2019, Winnes wrote:
Received my bottle today and watched the available videos - some really intriguing bits on here, looking forward to seeing the rest at the weekend.. [/quote]

How's the format for this new release? Same ole Vimeo file by file or is this one an actual polished website now? [/quote]

Hey guys!

Didnít even know this thread existed!

Iíve been so busy working on everything, Iím still uploading content as we speak! Iíve taken so much time on this and Iím sorry I didnít get back to people that messaged - Iíve honestly not seen them.

The files released (performances) have been released via temp format.

Thereís a site the full content will be on ;) the security on this is enough to smile about. The Jedi mind choke explanations have just gone up! Thanks fir everyoneís continued support and patience.

Chat soon x
Jedi mind choke is fecking awesome!!

Mark

I only said 200 pounds for a bottle. I had no idea what it meant, up until I saw the promotion pic. Now I understand and this will be my final post here. The trailer was cool. [/quote]

...your "final post here" was made on Dec 3, I'm assuming someone's hijacked your account?
[quote]On Jan 23, 2019, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
Jedi mind choke is fecking awesome!!

Mark [/quote]

Yeah the performance of it was amazing!
I'm sitting here in the US, waiting for my bottle to arrive (I'm assuming Pete shipped it out). Very jealous of those of you whom have received it already and taken a look at whatever is available for viewing. Very very jealous.
Iím very much looking forward to my copy. Haven been given a sneak peek to some of the clips I can say it looks incredible in quality and standard of video.
If you are a fan of Peteís work (of old or recent) Iím certain youíll love this. I saw a clip of a particular divination on there (that was TV GRADE STANDARD as if from a Tv Show - which I understand is the purpose of this). The divination itself fooled me on first running for how clean it was (and it definitely was not P** S***).

Iím hoping to arrive home today and it be sat on the door mat. It will be binged this weekend.
[quote]On Jan 25, 2019, MitchellK wrote:

Iím hoping to arrive home today and it be sat on the door mat. It will be binged this weekend. [/quote]

Same here!! I did this yesterday after returning from work but it wasn't there...

Hoping it's there today. With my birthday being tomorrow - it'll be nice timing!! #SelfPresent :gift:

- Ross
Happy bday Ross :)
[quote]On Jan 25, 2019, 252life wrote:
Happy bday Ross :) [/quote]

Thanks 252life!! :D
The files haven't been uploaded yet. Any news on when they will be?

Thanks
Sleepy
Spoke to Pete at 4pm UK time and he suggested that there were only eight files remaining to upload and that these will still be complete tonight!

Best Wishes Michael
Pour some more salt into my still waiting wound :)

Guessing itíll be late next week for mine to arrive in the states, canít wait :)
Iím guys :) Iím currently getting the files numbered, to make the navigation experience more simple :)

Also a couple of files seem to not be appearing (itís only a small number Iím handling those now) never fear!

I hope you love the format and layout of the site etc and any teething problems (this is new to me) are being resolved currently. Hope you love how creative we got with this project! X
[quote]On Jan 26, 2019, Peter_turner wrote:
Iím guys :) Iím currently getting the files numbered, to make the navigation experience more simple :)

Also a couple of files seem to not be appearing (itís only a small number Iím handling those now) never fear!

I hope you love the format and layout of the site etc and any teething problems (this is new to me) are being resolved currently. Hope you love how creative we got with this project! X [/quote]

Loving what Ive seen so far, and great to hear there is more to be uploaded - I haven't watched it all yet but there's been references to pdfs, overlays and quite a few chapters that I can't see so look forward to making my way through the rest...
I know for sure that you will love all of this material and hope that you enjoy my small contributions too.

My starsign routine (which Pete has aptly titled ĎYGIí) has been my go to opening piece for the past year and is perhaps one of the most direct starsign reveals ever. One starsign is written down, handed to the participant, they name a starsign and they are 100% correct.

I also trust that my ĎTombola Forceí will become as welcome an addition to your verbal toolbox as my Springboard technique is too.

Rest assured that all who are waiting for the postman are in for a treat!

Best Wishes Michael
[quote]On Jan 26, 2019, Legin wrote:
Iíve spent the last 24hrs going through ALL the material. No sleep. Iíve filled a 40 page note book with thoughts, ideas and methods from this project. Iíve just made it through the 80th and final video. Iím going to sleep now. When I wake Iíll look to condense my notes into a list of 10 things Iím going to do as a result of this project. The price of the project was missing a 0 off the end imho.

Michael your contributions are amazing.

Right, off to bed now. Iím feeling quite emotional. [/quote]

Wow, 80 videos!

I've got this project but have yet to go through all the material. Not at home right now so can someone tell me how many effects are in there? I'm bored at work and I wanna know.

Also, what's going to be on page 4? Just the continuation of what's on page 3?

Thanks
Thereís now over a 100 videos - some up to 20 mins long :)

Page 4 should be working now! Just refining and weíve fixed the overlay on one video! Things are looking great thanks for the support and help guys! X
After the first reviews it seems this will be a huge highlight this year. And itĎs just january
Holy ****. This project is phenomenal. I've had a chance to sit down and look at some of the content and all I can say is that this deserves a higher price tag!

I think what makes this project so worth it for me is the jam sessions when talking about the effects. The jam sessions just have so many amazing pieces of advice and information not only about the specific effect but performing in general.

Ive literally have had a million thoughts whilst watching these videos on how I can mix and match some of these methods and effects to the material I currently use. I need to get a pen and paper and write notes on this project.

I don't even think I'm half way through the project but it's truly amazing how much work has gone into this.

Thank you to everyone who was involved in this project!
I wasnít expecting something so big when I ordered it !
Great job Peter, you have just gave us food for many months.
At the moment there are still some problems with few videos, but I hope everything will be solved in the next days. (n. 7, 24 and 67 are missing, 46 bis is numbered 48, )
Thank you

Diego
[quote]On Jan 27, 2019, DiegoNovati wrote:
I wasnít expecting something so big when I ordered it !
Great job Peter, you have just gave us food for many months.
At the moment there are still some problems with few videos, but I hope everything will be solved in the next days. (n. 7, 24 and 67 are missing, 46 bis is numbered 48, )
Thank you

Diego [/quote]

It still says on the website that more videos are coming so I assume everything is being sorted out

Sleepy
Sleepy, how do you consider it in respect of DiD2?
LOVING Michael Murray's Tombola principle
[quote]On Jan 27, 2019, Legin wrote:
After going though the 80 videos over 24 non-stop hours, with furious note taking, I woke up today to find Peter had increased the size of the project by 25%. I think he's trying to finish me off! [/quote]

I hear the bottles come pre filled with some white powder 😆
How much of this is propless?
Anyone in the states receive theirs?
[quote]On Jan 27, 2019, Tempesta wrote:
Anyone in the states receive theirs? [/quote]

Not yet
[quote]On Jan 27, 2019, Legin wrote:
After going though the 80 videos over 24 non-stop hours, with furious note taking, I woke up today to find Peter had increased the size of the project by 25%. I think he's trying to finish me off! [/quote]

Well, I got some news for you.... that 80-video-24-hour binge was only about half the project. I believe there are 150 videos in total. Godspeed, Legin.

Tom
[quote]On Jan 27, 2019, Tempesta wrote:
Anyone in the states receive theirs? [/quote]

Not yet. I did hit up Peter a day or two after he announced that these things shipped and he said mine went out so, typically it takes about 2 weeks for things to get to me from the UK so he is still within that average.
I have a few bottles left after posting them all out - if interested the price is 200gbp which includes postage.

PayPal -

Peterturnermentalism@hotmail.co.uk

Much love,

Pete x
Will there be a Facebook group for the owners?
Just a question referencing the "adaptive" effect. Is there meant to be more than one explanation?

Thanks
Sleepy
[quote]On Jan 28, 2019, SleepyMagic wrote:
Just a question referencing the "adaptive" effect. Is there meant to be more than one explanation?

Thanks
Sleepy [/quote]

Let me look :) x
[quote]On Jan 29, 2019, Peter_turner wrote:
[quote]On Jan 28, 2019, SleepyMagic wrote:

Thanks
Sleepy [/quote]

Let me look :) x [/quote]

I think the "simple card divination" explanation is also part of the adaptive explanation?

Thanks
Sleepy
While weíre pointing stuff out, it feels like the video on inductions is missing (thereís one but it sounds like part 2 of something).
Also at one point you mention youíre going to explain ďLiftĒ but the next video doesnít mention it (unless itís somewhere else)

Ow and instead of the performance for ďB.SĒ itís just the explanation twice in a row.
[quote]On Jan 29, 2019, Michael Zarek wrote:
While weíre pointing stuff out, it feels like the video on inductions is missing (thereís one but it sounds like part 2 of something).
Also at one point you mention youíre going to explain ďLiftĒ but the next video doesnít mention it (unless itís somewhere else)

Ow and instead of the performance for ďB.SĒ itís just the explanation twice in a row. [/quote

I will get Tom on it :) thanks guys x
Pete you sound relieved the bulk of it is finished. You must have been a mad man for months from the sound of it.
Looking forward to mine getting here this week :)
[quote]On Jan 29, 2019, Michael Zarek wrote:

Ow and instead of the performance for ďB.SĒ itís just the explanation twice in a row. [/quote]

B.s performance is being resolved as we speak :D

- The lift explanation is listed on a separate part on a tangent lol - But it is brief (Just because it is not featured on this project).

Above someone mentioned Adapative only having one explanation - I just checked it it should only have one explanation, but if there is any confusion at all I am happy to add a slightly more in-depth explanation that outlines the force (if anyone feels that they need it just drop a post here and I will add it not a problem, we are here for you :D )

But if you just follow the language used in the interactive piece where I talk to the camera it will have the same outcome :D

Pete x
[quote]On Jan 29, 2019, 252life wrote:
Pete you sound relieved the bulk of it is finished. You must have been a mad man for months from the sound of it.
Looking forward to mine getting here this week :) [/quote]

Honestly - It has been one of the most labour intense months of my life! I was working camera, when not working camera trying to get all the loose ends together, the edit (which was a nightmare) so many pieces and parts - We had a hard drive fault which scared the life out of me, the editing program crashed halfway through and it took 24 hours to recover the work in the timeline! Everything else got put on hold - I was delayed by about a month getting the project out but you guys were amazing! its awesome when we get the freedom to keep adding stuff without fear of offending, the last thing that we wanted as a team is to make the project feel rushed and I think it came close to capturing the vision I had -

I hope you love it when you get it :D

Pete x
Hey, Pete, I watched the adaptive explanation before the "simple card divination" explanation. After Watching the simple card divination explanation everything makes sense :) . Thank you again for putting this out, its a monster of a release and I have learned so much from just the little discussions in the jam sessions (not related to any effect).

I cant imagine anyone buying this and being dissapointed with it!

thank you!
Anyone else having trouble playing the videos?
[quote]On Jan 30, 2019, 252life wrote:
Anyone else having trouble playing the videos? [/quote]

Nope. What's the problem youre having?
Hmmmm think Iíve got it now. Must be a lag on my side. Watching the first video now. Massive is an understatement wow
[quote]On Jan 30, 2019, 252life wrote:
Anyone else having trouble playing the videos? [/quote]

I am, but it's most likely due to the fact that I'm still awaiting my bottle to arrive stateside. LoL.
Youíre in for a giant treat. This thing is a monster.
[quote]On Jan 31, 2019, 252life wrote:
Youíre in for a giant treat. This thing is a monster. [/quote]

It arrived today!
See ya in a month lol
[quote]On Jan 31, 2019, 252life wrote:
See ya in a month lol [/quote]

So far this is soooooooooooooo good. Iím halfway through the ďtv special.Ē I love this format in terms of structure. It hits that sweet spot for when many of us started growing a fascination with magic/mentalism. Remember the feeling of watching a Blaine special back in the day early in his career? How we were both highly entertained and dying to learn how it was all done? This invoked those same exact feelings of intrigue and excitement except after the ďtv showĒ in this instance, we then learn the secrets. Such a great format in terms of the structure of the material.
Couldnít agree more.
Do we get any sort of confirmation or notice when our bottles are shipped?
[quote]On Jan 31, 2019, DynaMix wrote:
Do we get any sort of confirmation or notice when our bottles are shipped? [/quote]

I got the tracking information from MindFX. I don't know when you bought direct from Peter.

Needless to say, the files are sooooo great!
Ah I assumed this was the case.

No tracking directly from Peter as far as I know.

Thanks.
So what do you find to be the standouts in this project other than the Jedi choke?
So this project as a whole is great. The volume of content covered is immense and all of a high standard.
Not only is there a tv style special, where everything is broken down, Pete flies into discussion on exactly why things were done structurally and it extends onto creating an act as a whole.
There are some very cool hypnosis routines taught, a few nice other pieces that involve star signs, some psy forces, some card routines, a great peek, a great long distance mind readingmpiece, and in depth discussion on presentation of everything, as well as jam sessions recorded in which some real gold is tipped and covered. Iíve watched it once through and Iím going to go trough again and take notes, writing my own ideas out now. Well worth my time for certain!
There is true value in this project and all of the hard work definitely shows in the 150+ videos available to watch and learn from.
[quote]On Feb 1, 2019, clairvoyant wrote:
So what do you find to be the standouts in this project other than the Jedi choke? [/quote]
Personally I loved the hypno routines as a whole (several are tipped), but all of the in depth discussion on theory is the stand out point too - itís so in depth. A career can be kickstarted from
The information within and Petes performances are just phenomenal.

No pre show methods (although Pete discusses how pre show can be used for some cases to amplify things better, also to highlight how pre show is very different to stooging).
It would take a while to genuinely choose one stand out point. I loved a lot of it. The show breakdown was another! The list goes on.
Gentleman with the green beard should have pocketed his cards during filming,
it distracted from that performance.
Thatís was my one and only mini gripe.

In his defense, he handles them well :)

This is a great release.
I just tuned into this thread for this first time in a while...

So happy to hear everyone is enjoying this as much as I enjoyed being a part of it.

There were moments in this project where I really wondered if we had pushed our ambitions too far, but my god am I proud of this...

Can't wait to see you all at Blackpool and for the shoots coming up while I am across the pond for a month.

Talk Soon,
-Jacob
Iím loving this project. I wish I could have been involved in the jam sessions but my schedule didnít allow it. The material is awesome and there is stuff on here Iíve not seen before. I love some of the star sign stuff and Pete fooled me badly with some of it at the session. Love the episode and would love to see that released as a tv special.

Jacob,
Your work on this is outstanding, I wish I could have spent more time with you. Looking forward to seeing you at Blackpool.

Mark
So after going through more of this project over the weekend, I REALLY do love what the project starts off with (the ~hour long "TV episode"). It really does so many different things from both a presentational/product package POV as well as a learning aid POV.

From a presentational/product package POV it's pure entertainment and done in a TV show episode fashion. You are watching the equivalent of a TV special which entices you into caring and wanting to learn the material.

From a learning aid POV, what you are watching is basically an entire show done completely with the material being taught in the project so you not only get a sense of how each individual routine plays out but also a good idea of how they can be stringed together into a show (or just how to string a few of them together). He even goes into details such as how the presentation will change slightly based on what format he's performing the material in (so things like specifying the spectator to use a specific hand to improve the aesthetics for a scenario where you are being filmed and how if there were no cameras to consider then he would typically do XYZ for that same routine instead). This is all well before you get towards the end of the project where he breaks down the TV special/episode hour long performance bit by bit. The jam session format from DiD2 also makes a return here as well.

Full disclosure however: This project is streaming only as of current but it's organized in a very easy to navigate fashion on a custom built site which is user log in protected (so it's very possible that the webmaster for the site likely monitors usage of the site and can likely see if a user has multiple concurrent logins at any given moment which would suggest that the account is being shared for which they have the ability to simply disable that user, what this suggests is that if they so wish, they can crack down on people sharing the material with others or selling access, etc.). So that may deter some folks but I've dealt with Peter directly for some time now with multiple products and I have no doubt in my mind that if the site one day no long exists or something, he will probably make sure that all customers still have access to the material somehow.

Lastly, material-wise. ***, this is real good and really varied. Some "classics" have been included here but with a lot of new subtleties to them to warrant teaching them again (for example, much has been added to the Wish You Were Here routine). There's an excellent ESP match routine with a kicker ending that I simply did not see coming at all. I'm still on page one of the content at the moment (there's 4 pages of content totaling 150+ individual videos). This is by far my favourite release by Peter thus far. Is this the holy grail? Probably not or else we will never advance anything in this field but this release is just as important as the original Bigger Fish books.
Hi new Cafť member here. I purchased this, I was disappointed with the late delivery time and almost requested a refund. I held out because several Cafť members had said theyíd seen previews of the material and Iím glad I waited! A* material. I wasnít a fan of Peteís earlier work too much fluff, he seems to in the last couple of years matured and it really shows. His performances are incredibly clean and he comes across in his last few video sets as a master at work. Iím old enough now to say I am one of the converted, it did however take me seeing Peter doing a live performance to a group of lay people at a convention to give his work a second chance and Iím glad that I did. This young man is quickly solidifying himself as one of the greats. Pete if you are reading this please no more face tattoos.

A quick overview, practical real world material, interesting plots and premises, incredible performances and insights into choreography. Could have been better customer service. Would highly recommend.

David.
I just finished the first performance video and smiled throughout. This project is worth praising more than it's worth reviewing.

I can already tell what the real value is in this project: context.

I have a million methods and ideas, and my number one obstacle is figuring out the context and frame for each piece I want to perform. I'm one of those people with a million ideas, not all good, but never empty--and for me, I think so fast and broad that I sometimes just need to minimize my focus and strip away creativity and just think like a regular person--from the perspective of the laity. Peter can do that so well, it's mind boggling. He can think so simply, and then so deeply, where for me, that's a chasm to trek.

Seeing these insanely simple, small ideas, being reframed and magnified into tv-worthy, mind-melting, audience freakout performances is inspiring. I hope this isn't too on the nose, but the best example I can think of to convey what I mean is that Peter gets a solid 3-4 minutes of BRILLIANT television, that would also be incredible in live performance both closeup and on stage, and the entire premise and method is literally 1 word and context.

||sean ||
Pete is a machine of ideas. It's amazing how many times I have shared something with him and he then point 5 opportunities I am leaving on the table that I haven't thought of. Can't wait to see what he is up to in 10 years. Jacob is also a talented gent himself, and I suspect that Jacob's future on this side of the biz is only beginning.
Just a PSA:

I've contacted Peter earlier today to inquire about the Wish You Were Here videos still showing up as In Progress. I was informed that he's awaiting a guest to come in so that they can finish those missing videos for Wish You Were Here. The project has been overwhelmingly enjoyable thus far though even with those videos still pending.
Anyone in the states still waiting on this?
[quote]On Feb 9, 2019, tmoca wrote:
Anyone in the states still waiting on this? [/quote]

Mine only arrived in Toronto last night. Ordered through MindFX.
I got mine on Thursday...the bottle got smashed in shipping.

Nathan
Hope the dongle wasnít broken affected :/
[quote]On Feb 9, 2019, Nathan Pain wrote:
I got mine on Thursday...the bottle got smashed in shipping.

Nathan [/quote]

Has Turner offered a replacement?

David.
Pete is taking care of it.

Nathan

Nathan [/quote]

A friend of mine had an issue with the usb stick recieved from Mindfx, the usb was corrupt. One message to Peter and he had brought up my friends account and sent him instructions to clear the stick and gave him a personal file to add on the stick pretty much as soon as my friend messaged. By all accounts it sounds like Peter and his team are picking up the slack in the customer care department. 👍

Iíve finished the project and itís one of the best purchases Iíve ever made, Derren, Peter and Luke are just so natural itís mind boggling. I wish the files were downloadable.

David.
[quote]On Feb 10, 2019, Consultthemind1 wrote:

Nathan [/quote]

A friend of mine had an issue with the usb stick recieved from Mindfx, the usb was corrupt. One message to Peter and he had brought up my friends account and sent him instructions to clear the stick and gave him a personal file to add on the stick pretty much as soon as my friend messaged. By all accounts it sounds like Peter and his team are picking up the slack in the customer care department. 👍

Iíve finished the project and itís one of the best purchases Iíve ever made, Derren, Peter and Luke are just so natural itís mind boggling. My only gripe is that wish the files were downloadable.

David. [/quote]
After reading through the posts I decided to make the purchase before the last few copies were bought at blackpool. I hope the a purchase is worth the money. Sometimes just finding one effect that you can use all the time is worth the purchase price.
Doc
Itís hard to feel shortchanged once you see the amount of content provided. I think / hope you will more than happy. I certainly am.
My copy has been lost at the post office. Going back today for the third time this week to make them search yet again. This is beyond frustrating.
Regarding the star sign revelations - stopping the busy woman on the street, and then the group of girls.

Where is the explanation video for these? I been through them all?????

Thanks
[quote]On Feb 15, 2019, 808 wrote:
Regarding the star sign revelations - stopping the busy woman on the street, and then the group of girls.

Where is the explanation video for these? I been through them all?????

Thanks [/quote]

Pmíd you
[quote]On Feb 15, 2019, John Arcanum wrote:
My copy has been lost at the post office. Going back today for the third time this week to make them search yet again. This is beyond frustrating. [/quote]

Hello - email me and we will work something out :)

Pete x
[quote]On Feb 16, 2019, Peter_turner wrote:

Hello - email me and we will work something out :)

Pete x [/quote]

Thank you for reaching out Pete I really appreciate it.

I did send you an email the other day about a concern I had and Michael has contacted me as well to let me know it's not a problem.

Now it looks like the post office just shipped it back to Michael by accident and my bottle is making a round trip. USPS and royal mail are saying it's in 2 different places.
After fully digesting the information and having time to perform some (not all of the material) I promised Iíd come back and make a review of my findings. First let me start by setting an understanding of where I am approaching this from. I had given up hope in Turnerís material a couple of years back stopping reading and watching it because I honestly thought for the most part it was fluff and hyperbole. I saw Peter performing (maybe a year ago or so) at a convention to a group of lay people and implementing some of the methods I had previously wrote off and watching him perform them live gave me confidence in some of the material I have overlooked. I purchased the last year of Turnerís material and saw him do a set at the minds convention (jam event they host on the Saturday) last year (he was attending as a guest) and had been on the sauce all day and was still hands down the best act there in terms of slickness and impressiveness of material. This hurt my ego because Iím older and have been in this game longer than most and letís be honest itís hard to admit we are wrong when we have been so *** sure we were right. Though I still think some of his older material to be unnecessarily bold for the sake of it. But now Iím digressing. I approached this set with no opinion either way - Admittedly I was not looking forward to seeing a product packed with prop-less material thereís far too of that being released today. The package was late - by 4 weeks, I got ready to request a refund and only held out because of the people who got a look behind the scenes singing itís praises. Iíve stated that I wasnít a fan of the customer service and this sent up red flags for me about this project - It was hard not to. The package came shortly after and looked the part, the quality of the bottles / product was great. I admit I was impressed with the idea of using bottles and thought if anything from a marketing perspective it was clever. I much preferred it to a dvd. Itís small and I can carry it anywhere. I inserted the drive and was met with a pdf that led me to a site that contained a form I had to fill out to access the material. After receiving my password I logged in and this is where the review of the material starts.

I sat and watched the intro to the project and Turner promises an hour long television episode. I sat dubious but willing to see and the opening credits begin and I was astounded at the quality! Woah - In terms of the production quality this is a new standard. I smiled to myself at how far we had come since the early L&L days - we now have magic/ mentalism projects that you would expect to see on Netflix or tv and the concept of that alone is enough to make this project worthy of a higher price tag. The set opens with Turner projecting an image into our minds at home and claiming that later in the show he will get a tattoo of the design we are thinking of later - Ok this should be interesting after this thereís an hour long special of Turner doing a series of effects from hypnotically stealing, over the phone mentalism, Esp experiments, selling to sales men and everything else inbetween. If Iíd seen it as a television special (on tv) it would be up there with the best. His performances are slick, masterful but more importantly quick and to the point. This is always a worry Iíve had reading his material it seems long winded (reading off the page) but seeing it there visually I wanted more. Iíve never written any of my creations up but gave me an insightful understanding into the differences in translation from platform to platform. It comes to an end with Turner getting a tattoo - It was the design id created earlier!?! The tv episode constantly broke the barrier between the screen and audience at home - constantly having glints of letting the audience at home guess things the onscreen participants are thinking of. This was clever.

Then each effect was broken down, and a multitude of effects from the same area was shared. Often talked about in a jam session with his peers. Michael Murray shares an interesting star sign divination which had the essence of something Turner had shared on Did2 but was great to see it utilised this way. Seeing how differently each of the ideas were from where they begin were interesting. My favourite part of the whole set was the detail on how to construct a stage show. This set is packed with far too much to go into depth on all of it. Iíve performed a number of the effects and each got great reactions. The material is practical, solid and the prop-less material shared actually has real world value (which I never thought Iíd say). Turner has grown as a creator and performer and although itís taken a couple of years heís won me over. Bad points? Customer service, I donít like tattoos on hands and faces (personal preference) thereís some swearing in the jam sessions and in the jam sessions they were are having a whisky and drinks (again might not put some off but didnít seem very professional) in their defence no one was drunk/ slurring and the material was impressive so it didnít effect the material. Iím just old school. Solid 9 out of 10 from me - Would have been ten but ďWish you were hereĒ explanations still appear to be missing.

I hope it gets added soon.

David.
[quote]On Mar 4, 2019, Consultthemind1 wrote:
After fully digesting the information and having time to perform some (not all of the material) I promised Iíd come back and make a review of my findings. First let me start by setting an understanding of where I am approaching this from. I had given up hope in Turnerís material a couple of years back stopping reading and watching it because I honestly thought for the most part it was fluff and hyperbole. I saw Peter performing (maybe a year ago or so) at a convention to a group of lay people and implementing some of the methods I had previously wrote off and watching him perform them live gave me confidence in some of the material I have overlooked. I purchased the last year of Turnerís material and saw him do a set at the minds convention (jam event they host on the Saturday) last year (he was attending as a guest) and had been on the sauce all day and was still hands down the best act there in terms of slickness and impressiveness of material. This hurt my ego because Iím older and have been in this game longer than most and letís be honest itís hard to admit we are wrong when we have been so *** sure we were right. Though I still think some of his older material to be unnecessarily bold for the sake of it. But now Iím digressing. I approached this set with no opinion either way - Admittedly I was not looking forward to seeing a product packed with prop-less material thereís far too of that being released today. The package was late - by 4 weeks, I got ready to request a refund and only held out because of the people who got a look behind the scenes singing itís praises. Iíve stated that I wasnít a fan of the customer service and this sent up red flags for me about this project - It was hard not to. The package came shortly after and looked the part, the quality of the bottles / product was great. I admit I was impressed with the idea of using bottles and thought if anything from a marketing perspective it was clever. I much preferred it to a dvd. Itís small and I can carry it anywhere. I inserted the drive and was met with a pdf that led me to a site that contained a form I had to fill out to access the material. After receiving my password I logged in and this is where the review of the material starts.

I sat and watched the intro to the project and Turner promises an hour long television episode. I sat dubious but willing to see and the opening credits begin and I was astounded at the quality! Woah - In terms of the production quality this is a new standard. I smiled to myself at how far we had come since the early L&L days - we now have magic/ mentalism projects that you would expect to see on Netflix or tv and the concept of that alone is enough to make this project worthy of a higher price tag. The set opens with Turner projecting an image into our minds at home and claiming that later in the show he will get a tattoo of the design we are thinking of later - Ok this should be interesting after this thereís an hour long special of Turner doing a series of effects from hypnotically stealing, over the phone mentalism, Esp experiments, selling to sales men and everything else inbetween. If Iíd seen it as a television special (on tv) it would be up there with the best. His performances are slick, masterful but more importantly quick and to the point. This is always a worry Iíve had reading his material it seems long winded (reading off the page) but seeing it there visually I wanted more. Iíve never written any of my creations up but gave me an insightful understanding into the differences in translation from platform to platform. It comes to an end with Turner getting a tattoo - It was the design id created earlier!?! The tv episode constantly broke the barrier between the screen and audience at home - constantly having glints of letting the audience at home guess things the onscreen participants are thinking of. This was clever.

Then each effect was broken down, and a multitude of effects from the same area was shared. Often talked about in a jam session with his peers. Michael Murray shares an interesting star sign divination which had the essence of something Turner had shared on Did2 but was great to see it utilised this way. Seeing how differently each of the ideas were from where they begin were interesting. My favourite part of the whole set was the detail on how to construct a stage show. This set is packed with far too much to go into depth on all of it. Iíve performed a number of the effects and each got great reactions. The material is practical, solid and the prop-less material shared actually has real world value (which I never thought Iíd say). Turner has grown as a creator and performer and although itís taken a couple of years heís won me over. Bad points? Customer service, I donít like tattoos on hands and faces (personal preference) thereís some swearing in the jam sessions and in the jam sessions they were are having a whisky and drinks (again might not put some off but didnít seem very professional) in their defence no one was drunk/ slurring and the material was impressive so it didnít effect the material. Iím just old school. Solid 9 out of 10 from me - Would have been ten but ďWish you were hereĒ explanations still appear to be missing.

David. [/quote]

I think Peter was waiting for the convention that recently happened first to record (may be a re-recording, not sure if he already had a explanation shot and just wanted to do a better one) the explanation for Wish You Were Here (this routine has been taught in various other releases of his, but what he presented to the sales people, that's a new presentation and may have updated handling, so I'm with you as I'm eagerly awaiting the explanation for that).
[quote]On Mar 4, 2019, Consultthemind1 wrote:

David. [/quote]

Well put, and agree :)
So is this a video project of just some parts of the Bigger Fish books or does it contain ALL the routines from the Bigger Fish books?
[quote]On Mar 4, 2019, TheDBK wrote:
So is this a video project of just some parts of the Bigger Fish books or does it contain ALL the routines from the Bigger Fish books? [/quote]

Itís hard to answer - there are so many routines/ ideas on this project all with new presentations and methods itís taken me over a month to watch it all. The best way to describe it is like a huge crash course in mentalism. A lot of the material I had not read or seen. I think there was over 150 videos - or something ridiculous like that. Someone may be able to answer better than me but itís safe to say this amount of material I donít think could fit in those two books alone.

David.
Currently 151 videos listed, anywhere from a couple minutes to 30 minutes in length each. Havenít digested it all by a long shot.
[quote]On Mar 4, 2019, TheDBK wrote:
So is this a video project of just some parts of the Bigger Fish books or does it contain ALL the routines from the Bigger Fish books? [/quote]

This is NOT a video version of the Bigger Fish books. This is a stand alone project that contains mostly new material and significantly retooled handlings for ideas first introduced in the books. It's a continuation of what was started with the books but it's really a stand alone product with material that are practical and covers the gamut.
Canít imagine you not being happy with this one.
Thanks for the long in depth review, everything youíve said is fair :) This project was close to my heart and really pushed me creatively Iíve learnt a lot in the process and will continue to grow as a performer and creator. I would however like to address a couple of things -

1) The delay on the package, postage and customer service. The delay on this was simply due to adding more material - BUT I agree not having a platform to inform purchasers is not good. The postage this time was more seemless, less people waiting BUT again weíve looked at this (which I will address in a moment) and finally correspondence - has been poor - THE GOOD NEWS?

We have taken care of this problem! The 13 souls (my production company) is due to launch a site listing all new products, news, other creators releases and maybe an online magazine to its customers! We have constructed a mailing list - So people will know where they stand and we finally have tech support!!! Which means there are a group of us dealing with correspondence and even better than that Iíve bought new apartments/ offices to film and finally hired a P.A to take care of orders and postage! I apologise for my struggle but was taking on too much as one person. This is all solved! Updates on this to follow. I listen to what you guys say :)

2) Drinking in the jam sessions, I wanted to capture a fly on the wall honest feel of what happens and this is it! We meet socially and jam - we were mindful the cameras were there but we just acted as though we normally would - secret underground meetings, a few drinks usually followed by a curry. As you mentioned none of us get drunk :) so I hope it didnít put anyone else off but I really feel had we not of acted under normal circumstances it would have been contrived and the material would suffer.

Thanks to everyone that has supported me and I really hope you can see we are aiming to go above and beyond.

Pete x
Good stuff Pete :)
To be fair I have been drunk on some of our jam sessions. I often do my best thinking at 4am whilst enebriated.

Mark
If you guys keep kicking out projects like this, you can do lines off of strippers ***es for all Iíd care lol

As a matter of fact, make that an official request for the future :)
[quote]On Mar 6, 2019, 252life wrote:
If you guys keep kicking out projects like this, you can do lines off of strippers ***es for all Iíd care lol

As a matter of fact, make that an official request for the future :) [/quote]

I kind of wish projects don't get kicked out at a machine gun pace though... I have only so much in funds and also only so much in actual time. LoL.
[quote]On Mar 7, 2019, kissdadookie wrote:
[quote]On Mar 6, 2019, 252life wrote:

As a matter of fact, make that an official request for the future :) [/quote]

I kind of wish projects don't get kicked out at a machine gun pace though... I have only so much in funds and also only so much in actual time. LoL. [/quote]

Lol great point and true.
But for the expensive price you paid for it, is there something that you would consider New or an impressive piece of mentalism , never revealed before, that any one would consider adding to his show?

Regards
[quote]On Mar 9, 2019, Mark Timon wrote:
But for the expensive price you paid for it, is there something that you would consider New or an impressive piece of mentalism , never revealed before, that any one would consider adding to his show?

Regards [/quote]

For something of this size, the product price is not high - If you were to compare it to an average priced dvd (30 - 50 gbp) containing 5 effects (again Iím averaging. Some DVDs are 20+Gbp for one effect) this set contains a way to create your own effects, create your own stage show (full breakdown), create your own character and then an amount of effects that I couldnít even wager a guess at. On top of that thereís effects shared by Michael Murray. This is limited, so that also has to be taken into account. In terms of price of the project, size of the project and the quality of the material this is very, very good value. To answer your question (which is a difficult question to answer) as everyoneís answer will be different, I have added Jedi mind choke, Silence, Try (I think itís called), match up by Humphreyís / carver (with Polaroid photos - Instead of symbols), I have used one of the card things (I canít remember the name) but itís quick easy and the opening force on the set (again I canít remember the name). If anything on the set I was overwhelmed with what to choose from and Iím still to test other effects on the project before making decisions. It took me over a month to get through the material (the first pass) and that was not note taking. If you are looking at this set for the material alone then, you are really not purchasing the set for itís true value, itís all the tips littered throughout, the subtleties and experiences that are shared in the jam sessions (when the artists are talking to each other) and how everything is so strategically thought out that makes this a valuable set. Are there effects on the set I wonít use? Of course, not because they are not practical though (and I never thought Iíd ever say this about Turner) all the effects are accessible, not too bold, not steeped in layers of dual reality, not long winded and not process driven but because they donít suit my character. I (in the past) thought Turner didnít really think through some of the things he was sharing and doing and watching the breakdown of the episode/ how to create a stage show really allows Turner to shine and some of the things I didnít appreciate I understand now and I think this project allows him to be him and it cuts through like a knife and shows a side of him Iíve certainly never seen.

Whilst on the subject, I was talking to a friend who hates Turner (many a times we had in the past sat and talked at length about how much fluff Turner talks/ produces and how the only admirable thing heíd ever done was being able to capture peoples attention and thatís before getting started on the s*it shower of prop-less mentalism he inspired and influenced) and asked my friend to sit and watch the tv episode with me - normally we would sit watching (anything really) pointing out what we liked/ didnít like and after the first couple of performances he said ďHeís become an incredible performerĒ and by the time the middle break had come around he had placed an order through Mind Fx. I donít hide the fact I hate Turnerís appearance, tattoos on the neck, hands and face are off putting for me, that coupled with his earlier releases was enough to keep me away for a long while and now admittedly Iím going back over what I did purchase a long while ago looking at it in a new light and even some (not all of it) is cleverly thought out. Just as a quick FYI me and my friend came to conclusion that it was Turnerís age and the want to impress that held him back - Heís grown up now and it seems he has stopped being that annoying kid that is running around saying ďlook at me, look at meĒ and now is just riding in his own lane. Sorry for going on and on, once Iíd started I couldnít stop.

David.
[quote]On Mar 10, 2019, Consultthemind1 wrote:
[quote]On Mar 9, 2019, Mark Timon wrote:

Regards [/quote]

For something of this size, the product price is not high - If you were to compare it to an average priced dvd (30 - 50 gbp) containing 5 effects (again Iím averaging. Some DVDs are 20+Gbp for one effect) this set contains a way to create your own effects, create your own stage show (full breakdown), create your own character and then an amount of effects that I couldnít even wager a guess at. On top of that thereís effects shared by Michael Murray. This is limited, so that also has to be taken into account. In terms of price of the project, size of the project and the quality of the material this is very, very good value. To answer your question (which is a difficult question to answer) as everyoneís answer will be different, I have added Jedi mind choke, Silence, Try (I think itís called), match up by Humphreyís / carver (with Polaroid photos - Instead of symbols), I have used one of the card things (I canít remember the name) but itís quick easy and the opening force on the set (again I canít remember the name). If anything on the set I was overwhelmed with what to choose from and Iím still to test other effects on the project before making decisions. It took me over a month to get through the material (the first pass) and that was not note taking. If you are looking at this set for the material alone then, you are really not purchasing the set for itís true value, itís all the tips littered throughout, the subtleties and experiences that are shared in the jam sessions (when the artists are talking to each other) and how everything is so strategically thought out that makes this a valuable set. Are there effects on the set I wonít use? Of course, not because they are not practical though (and I never thought Iíd ever say this about Turner) all the effects are accessible, not too bold, not steeped in layers of dual reality, not long winded and not process driven but because they donít suit my character. I (in the past) thought Turner didnít really think through some of the things he was sharing and doing and watching the breakdown of the episode/ how to create a stage show really allows Turner to shine and some of the things I didnít appreciate I understand now and I think this project allows him to be him and it cuts through like a knife and shows a side of him Iíve certainly never seen.

Whilst on the subject, I was talking to a friend who hates Turner (many a times we had in the past sat and talked at length about how much fluff Turner talks/ produces and how the only admirable thing heíd ever done was being able to capture peoples attention and thatís before getting started on the s*it shower of prop-less mentalism he inspired and influenced) and asked my friend to sit and watch the tv episode with me - normally we would sit watching (anything really) pointing out what we liked/ didnít like and after the first couple of performances he said ďHeís become an incredible performerĒ and by the time the middle break had come around he had placed an order through Mind Fx. I donít hide the fact I hate Turnerís appearance, tattoos on the neck, hands and face are off putting for me, that coupled with his earlier releases was enough to keep me away for a long while and now admittedly Iím going back over what I did purchase a long while ago looking at it in a new light and even some (not all of it) is cleverly thought out. Just as a quick FYI me and my friend came to conclusion that it was Turnerís age and the want to impress that held him back - Heís grown up now and it seems he has stopped being that annoying kid that is running around saying ďlook at me, look at meĒ and now is just riding in his own lane. Sorry for going on and on, once Iíd started I couldnít stop.

David. [/quote]

Speaking of going back to his older material after watching his video releases because one can better grasp at what is being taught in his written releases. This is basically the sense one gets if one had read his PDF Mentalism Master Class series and then watched Devil in Disguise 2 and Escalators. What appears questionable in print is a whole different beast when you see it actually being performed and the reason for that is much of the technique and method is actually heavily entwined with the presentation (so patter, timing of patter, patter cadence, etc. are often part and parcel with the method, this is very much like when one first learns the material in Psychological Subtleties or Building Blocks and then later down the line sees the performances of the material, what initially appeared to be impossible fluff on the page because you may have attempted to work it all of a sudden you have a new understanding of because you start noticing little details that you missed or do not/forgot to incorporate into your own performances of the material which led to high failure rates).

A simpler comparison to get to the point is Isabella's Star 3. He had included performance videos for IS3 and it helps a whole lot when trying to learn and work on IS3.
Completely agree - the videos for IS3 perfectly complement the book.
For me the video completely rescued the book/effect.(is3) after reading It I thought this is way to obvious and convoluted. The video performance then completely changed my mind. This seems to be a running trend for me and Peters products. I often read the book and think this ainít great, then as soon as I see a performance I think Ďboy heís turned this into a miracleí. Iíve never really had this so much with other performers but it has taught me one thing. Wait until itís realsed in video format.
[quote]On Mar 13, 2019, Arthur T wrote:
For me the video completely rescued the book/effect.(is3) after reading It I thought this is way to obvious and convoluted. The video performance then completely changed my mind. This seems to be a running trend for me and Peters products. I often read the book and think this ainít great, then as soon as I see a performance I think Ďboy heís turned this into a miracleí. Iíve never really had this so much with other performers but it has taught me one thing. Wait until itís realsed in video format. [/quote]

That's because most other material have physically tangible methods whilst Peter has a lot of the method built into the scripting and performance. Practicing this kind of material also requires the performer to be confident in the material (kind of, sort of like performing hypnosis in many a ways). Like Jermay absolutely received the same criticisms when he released his first few books and it wasn't until perhaps when Skullduggery was released which was a video release recorded from a lecture he did when people actually grasped that what was in a book like Building Blocks was actually practical and usable.

Same can be said about Derren Brown and his Devil's Picturebook. Those psychological forces he used, if they were released in text format, people would have the same criticisms against Derren. It wasn't until he had TV specials where he is using much of the techniques he had developed which started off as seeds from his magician days when people became more open to the idea of propless mentalism. Same can be said about Psychological Subtleties but that was welcomed by the community from the get go because unlike Jermay and Turner, Banachek was already a trusted quantity.

If one has been in this hobby/market long enough, regardless if you're a working performer, hobbyist, or even avid collector just because you're curious, if you had studied the earlier works like Banachek's Psychological Subtleties, Jermay's 7 Deception, Building Blocks, and Coral Fang, Max Maven's work (much of it contained in his color series aka Prism), etc. then reading the works of Turner, Murray, and even Fraser would not give one the impression that these are pipe dreams or completely transparent and obvious in method. Why? Because you would have already established a fundamental understanding of concepts and techniques from the earlier works like the ones I've mentioned and saw how very obviously the new generation's works are actually heavily influenced and many a times based off of the earlier works of those whom came before them. Now if you just jump head first into something like let's say Turner's earlier books like Bigger Fish 1 and 2 without having had that foundational knowledge from reading something like Psychological Subtleties and/or Building Blocks, yeah, your initial reaction may be to scoff at the material and assume it's a pipe dream because likely the paradigm you've been working in has been in more classic mechanical approaches to mentalism or perhaps more in line with what can be considered mental magic rather than full on mentalism (I say this because I see a LOT of complaints when people look at products which contain a fair amount of DR or instant stooging even though much of mentalism does incorporate those concepts and does it incredibly well, that was one of the criticism when the color series was republished as the Prism book, with newcomers not understanding that those techniques are actually foundational techniques in mentalism).
I certainly agree with you to a point, of course knowing the fundamentals is important to understand newer material. With out trying to blow ones own trumpet I would consider my self fairly knowledgeable, I've been studying mentalism for roughly 10 years (whenever DB's first series was released) and in spite of that I find Petes work hard to follow in written format. This is not a criticism of the material or the writing but a question of context. Petes work is full of subtleties, these are so hard to communicate in a book. Its not really what you say half the time, its how you say it, when you say it, your body language and and a whole lot more. Im in the process of writting a book myself and I use a lot of equivoque. This is so so difficult to communicate properly in writing. One sentence in real life performance could take 5 pages of writing just to detail everything properly (Its a massive ball ache). My previous post was not a criticism as I like an use a lot of Peters material. It was more of an appreciation of the fact that he is now releasing more video footage/projects, as for me it helps a hell of a lot despite having read and studied all the books you have mentioned. I appreciate this whole topic is a bit of a digression, but the more DID2 and Escalators in the world the happier Ill be. I'm sure this product is fab too, I've just spent way too much money on Peters products in the last 12 months to get this (Not a complaint, just a fact!)
Lol ball ache is now officially a part of my vocabulary.
Thank you
Use it wisely
Magicians helping magicians :)
I enjoyed the videos immensely, itís nice to see something I might have dismissed because of not being able to fully appreciate it in written form. Seeing how comfortable Turner is as a performer is also valuable as you can tell he actually practices and performs what he writes about.

David.
For me the video completely rescued the book/effect.(is3) after reading It I thought this is way to obvious and convoluted. The video performance then completely changed my mind. This seems to be a running trend for me and Peters products. I often read the book and think this ainít great, then as soon as I see a performance I think Ďboy heís turned this into a miracleí. Iíve never really had this so much with other performers but it has taught me one thing. Wait until itís realsed in video format. [/quote]
Unfortunate that the link no longer works. :(
[quote]On Mar 19, 2019, TheDBK wrote:
Unfortunate that the link no longer works. :( [/quote]

It doesnít? Iím sure Peter can sort that out.

Also in those cases itís often good to download the most important videos

The link works :) try it in all capitals!

:) x
Hi everyone,

Just wondering, has "Wish you were here" been uploaded yet as it still shows as "In Progress" on my page.

Thanks!
[quote]On Mar 20, 2019, Peter_turner wrote:

The link works :) try it in all capitals!

:) x [/quote]

Thanks! :)
Just to clear any confusion, I was talking about the Isabellaís Star 3 link not working (which it does, see Peteís post) not the Bigger Fish Files.
Dang, I wish I could get this but I donít have enough money to spare for this right now :bawl:
Oh, and thereís 151 videos on this project? Thatís just insane. Must have been a crap ton of work on Peteís part. Kudos to you man!
K
Dbk...sell blood if you have to lol.
I canít imagine you not loving this.
[quote]On Mar 24, 2019, 252life wrote:
Dbk...sell blood if you have to lol.
I canít imagine you not loving this. [/quote]
How much is a liter of blood worth? Asking for a friend. :rotf:
Yeah, good point. A pricy item like this could literally kill you lol
We may have to move this discussion over to the Bizarre boards
Yeah how did a discussion about a mentalism project turn so, uhhh, ďdifferentĒ lol?
Cause weíre special. Very special. And probably very banned soon lol
I hope not :bg:
Just sorting the office out and found three copies of Bigger Fish Files that I brought back from the Blackpool convention. These have been added back online for anyone who previously missed out -

https://www.mindfx.co.uk/collections/new-arrivals-1/products/bigger-fish-files-by-peter-turner

Best Wishes Michael
Now only 2 :)
;)
Any update on "Wish You Were Here" ?
Here is my review for anyone who wants to see a glimmer of what this amazing project looks like / contains: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pt1t1ir2ok
[quote]On Apr 4, 2019, DavidKenney wrote:
Here is my review for anyone who wants to see a glimmer of what this amazing project looks like / contains: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pt1t1ir2ok [/quote]

Great review and outline David! I feel sorry for those who watch it and want to buy it, but now can't (assuming there are no bottles left).

BFF is immense and amazing!! Will keep me busy for a VERY long time as there is so much to learn and return to.

- Ross
Nope. Still some left on the13souls I saw.
K
[quote]On Apr 4, 2019, TheDBK wrote:
Nope. Still some left on the13souls I saw.
K [/quote]

Sweet. People best get on it then :D

- Ross
I got this a little over a month ago, and it is one of the most massive projects I have seen. I have watched multiple pieces of it multiple times, but I don't think I have watched all 140 something vids even yet!

I don't know where to even start. It's almost like in every new project in the last two years (IS3, DiD2, etc.), he is giving us video footage of his almost obsessive drive to perfect his life's work and then top it, and we are the happy benefactors of the process. With each video project, we see a living record of the evolution of a performing artist and creator and community voicebox. If you see random clips of him discussing his work over the last 2-3 years, he often distances himself from his earlier years' work because of his feeling that it wasn't as refined as it is today, which is most likely true.

But this is true of ANYONE who decides to become a master of his craft. If Pete were in my living room, I would say to hell with that. The only way Peter Turner becomes the force he is today is because he was willing to put himself out there in a field that is not very open to newcomers, create prolifically and risk massive criticism, hone his craft with obsessive practice, and fail sometimes with "inferior" work (in his mind)...work and creativity under his name that, I suspect, is one of the most cited in the credits pages of anything published in the last five years.

Of course, if he were here, he would also say emphatically that if you ever see a turtle on a fence post, he didn't get there by himself. To that point, he has benefited greatly, IMHO, from a rather unique skill that is only indirectly related to his ability to read people better than 99% of the planet. Peter tends to be a natural "hub" of sorts in the community, which means that he often gets the benefit of people sharing ideas with him (which he has the excellent ability to refine). Why do people share with him? Well, in my experience, because he is willing to share with everyone else. He has helped countless of us many times with his time, his new ideas, his opinions, and his consultation. There is no doubt that I have benefited from his time, and several of you can say the same. In return, I believe he ends up being a hub of ideas passing back and forth, and his powers just continue to grow because he goes out and uses them. And then he shares the results with the rest of us.

And there's the rub. Most people are not willing or able to put the time into this skill set to equal a Peter Turner. It's not just tricks; it's storytelling skills, it's rhythm of speech, it's body language, it's charisma (a definite skill set in itself), it's "listening to" and "observing" others, it's learning...people. And in this world of texting and social media, the mastery of the live conversation with real humans is a dying art. Like the best of fortune tellers/readers, the only way to get good at all those things is to go out and be with people all the time and "DO IT." You cannot gain the skill of a Peter Turner by reading a PDF in your bedroom at 2 AM and practicing on your mom. And that is why some people struggle with his work straight off the video or from the book. If you want to get good at mentalism, especially the propless variety, you have to do it. And fail a lot. The skills he has can be learned and mastered, but how many of us are willing to put the time in? Not many, but for the ones who do, they stand to benefit with a skill that I think can be used in even other areas of life.

At any rate, here are a few of my highlights:

1. Effects for stage or camera: This may be the best resource for the other side of the curtain on the world of TV magic and mentalism you are ever going to get. In BFF, he simulates an entire 1-hour TV Special, and it is very well done. He then tells you how he accomplishes not only the effects (most of them), but the thinking behind how he staged them! The latter is the gold IMHO. Effects like the "jedi mind choke", "Try principle", and "robin hood" (all pseudo-hypno based) would be perfect for the TV concept, and they should be a springboard for all types of effects you could create or adapt on your own. Combining these pseudo-hypno effects with classic building blocks of mentalism is a nice touch. Now, I know I said these are for stage and camera, but I realize that many of you would do Jedi or Try as a close-up effect. To each his own.

2. ESP Section--Loved this section, and my favorite was Reverse ESP. His "sweet force of mine" is a worker with the right person, and it was nice to see it in action with real spectators who are not mentalists. This section is a nice little primer of about 3-4 key principles in ESP effects, and again, it was one of my favorites.

3. Peter has a way to force almost any card in the deck, and I can imagine how frustrating it is for him to try to explain/teach others how he does it. It is one of those things you just have to do over and over again before you get it. As he did in his Penguin Live 2, he essentially is giving away an effect of his that people have begged him for. It's right there in your grasp. Just learn how to force cards (that's one half of it). One of the forces, I was particularly enamored with: Queen force that led to a King force.

4. Billet Work--One of my favorite vids was basically a one-off about how to salvage a psych force that goes wrong using a business card. It is simply brilliant. He teaches a very nice, common-sense business card peek that is super fast and deceptive. He also reviews one of the peeks he shared on his first Penguin Live lecture.

5. Star Sign Galore--If you want to know how to divine a person's star sign, then BFF will show you in color multiple ways to do it. He reviews his an8g8a8 that is well known to most, but also gives you a way to do it while the spectator is silent! One thing about BFF is that Michael Murray makes several contributions to it, not just in the jam sessions, but also with his own work. He shares a nice star sign billet ruse called YGI that I think would be a nice addition to anyone's arsenal.

6. Michael Murray's "Between the Lines" effect is highlighted in BFF, and you get the PDF of the manuscript thrown in to boot. He also contributes his excellent Tombola force, one of my favorites.

7. Peter spends a lot of time on something I haven't seen him do much work on before (I don't have all of his work, so that doesn't mean anything): Contact Mind-Reading. There's a very nice stunt done in his TV special in which a man hides the "bottle" and Pete has 30 minutes to find it using only the touch of the spectator's arm. Peter demonstrates some close-up uses for this as well.

8. A lot of the value of the project lies in vids that touch on Jazzing, Improving your hit rate, what do to get out of trouble, looking smooth while jazzing, pre-show, answering questions after a show, equivocal choreography***

(***Concept that is the essence of all Jazz Propless Mentalism perhaps???)

There is a lot more; again this is massive. I imagine that if you really studied the concepts in this one project and went out and put them to use, your powers would grow too. Just my two cents.
After holding one bottle for weeks for someone they have decided they cannot afford the rest of the payments - so Iíve refunded them.

Ones available!

200gbp, 261usd or 231eur

To PayPal

Peterturnermind@hotmail.co.uk

X
Michael and Peter, any updates on the Wish You Were Here videos for BFF? Thanks!
[quote]On Apr 17, 2019, kissdadookie wrote:
Michael and Peter, any updates on the Wish You Were Here videos for BFF? Thanks! [/quote]

I am curious about this as well.
Ditto
Wish You Were Here videos are uploaded now, at least on my pages.
They fixed also a technical issue of the site I raised last Sunday. Many thanks for the great support!
[quote]On May 9, 2019, JesterAndrus wrote:
Wish You Were Here videos are uploaded now, at least on my pages.
They fixed also a technical issue of the site I raised last Sunday. Many thanks for the great support! [/quote]

Woohoo! Thanks for the update! Also thanks to Michael as I had PM'd him a week or two back and he got in contact with Peter which I am assume helped expedite things :)
:goodluck:
In mentalism, all has already been invented, there are no holy grails and pros nowadays are using routines we all know. But still people pay big money for ephemeral satisfaction.
Is this still available?
[quote]On Jun 9, 2019, Mark Timon wrote:
In mentalism, all has already been invented, there are no holy grails and pros nowadays are using routines we all know. But still people pay big money for ephemeral satisfaction. [/quote]
This certainly sounds like the voice of someone who hasnít seen the material. Whilst most moves and methods have been invented in one form or another we constantly see new applications of those methods and I would anticipate that in years to come we will continue to see new applications for these methods. Marc Paulís two envelope test being a case in point. The individual elements all existed before Marcís routine but never before used in that combination that creates an absolutely bullet proof test conditions routine that fools even people that know the underlying methods.

I would say the same about Jan Forsterís mem deck routine. Sure mem decks arenít new but Janís application is absolutely beautiful. My three course lunch was described by Max Maven as genuinely new. Marc Oberonís Way Out is certainly new, itís not something you will find prior to his book of that name. Even with his encyclopaedic knowledge he hadnít come across it before. I certainly know several proís who are not using routines we all know although under the surface they may be using methods that many of us are familiar with.

The more I learn the more I realise how little I know. Those that believe that they know all have a very long path ahead of them. There are more people out there with more to teach me that I have years left to learn. As far as Peter is concerned, when I met Peter I had been in this business for longer than Peter had been alive and with many years experience as a full time pro and yet I have learned far more from Peter than I have taught him and continue to learn from him.

Mark
[quote]On Jun 9, 2019, singhal5 wrote:
Is this still available? [/quote]

On sale here :

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=695468&forum=76&2&start=0#1
In B.S. Pete mentions providing an image or close up of the card, but I can't find where he does this. Granted it's should be fairly simple to come up with something, but I am curious as to the categories/layout he used.

Can anyone in the know shed some light?
[quote]On Jun 30, 2019, tmoca wrote:
In B.S. Pete mentions providing an image or close up of the card, but I can't find where he does this. Granted it's should be fairly simple to come up with something, but I am curious as to the categories/layout he used.

Can anyone in the know shed some light? [/quote]

Hey Tmoca,

Let me check and see if itís not there, if itís not Iíll post a picture today :) x
[quote]On Jul 1, 2019, Peter_turner wrote:
[quote]On Jun 30, 2019, tmoca wrote:

Can anyone in the know shed some light? [/quote]

Hey Tmoca,

Let me check and see if itís not there, if itís not Iíll post a picture today :) x [/quote]

Thanks Pete!
Pete,

FYI - I am also sending you a PM on a different subject.

Thanks!