(Close Window)
Topic: Match Pull Revisited
Where do you get SHEETS of the insert for a match pull??

Is there a reasonable alternative?
[quote]
On 2004-05-07 21:57, Brenton Keith wrote:
Where do you get SHEETS of the insert for a match pull??

Is there a reasonable alternative?
[/quote]

You can use sheets of sandpaper...about 150 grit works well.
If you go to Staples, you can buy some Bull-Dog clips and make your own Match Pull...Also get some kitchen matches, they come in all diferent sizes and the sides of the box you can use as replacement's for your sheets. :bigdance: SonSHINE
I made my own match pull. I took a chinease chopstick and cut the square head off. I then drilled a hole through the side to thread a elastic through, and drilled a hole down from the top to make a hole for the match. The elastic cord has a saftey pin of the other end which I attack to the inside of my sleeve. Viola! 15 dollars saved!! I also vanish q-tips where matches are not appropriate. Cut then head off of one side and they work great. Drop a q-tip into somebodys pocket when they are not looking and then make a throwing vanish motion (with the vanisher) toward their pocket . . .

I appologise . . . I thought that you were talking about pulls, . . like for vanishing. Sorry If I have confused anyone.

I suppose sandpaper would work like MoonBeam said, you could also use the sheets from matchbooks and just tear them off.
I used to take regular old paper matchbooks and use a razor knife to cut out the striker.
Buy em. If you're working make sure you're getting paid enough for your shows to support you and replace your consumables. If your not working, well, use the method you use to purchase your othe hobby supplies. Denny & Lee sell the replacements for the Mesika match pulls. There are, I think, 200 in a box. It's more cost effective to use the best equipment you can afford rather than going on the cheap and having problems.
Hi,

I have created a new match pull you can build yourself from material purchased from any supermarket, general store or Office supply Depot.

I works every time and you can make many pulls on a shoe sting budget.

Works every time.

I have put it into CD-Rom format and is called "D.I.Y. Match Pull"

Tim Ellis and Sue-Anne Webster will have some at the upcoming US lecture tour, so if you catch 1 of those you can get your hand on this great new method.

$15.00 US

Else you can contact PM me on here and we can work something out for you!

Michael