(Close Window)
Topic: Outlaw Effects
Hi all,
anyone have any idea what happened to Outlaw-Effects, or anyone what does the same sort of effects

Thanks
Use the search. All will be revealed.
A bunch of Outlaws stuff is now at Gemini Artifacts, Jbbreckin.
https://www.geminiartifacts.com/
[quote]On Dec 13, 2018, bartleby wrote:
A bunch of Outlaws stuff is now at Gemini Artifacts, Jbbreckin.
https://www.geminiartifacts.com/ [/quote]

And, you'll actually receive what you paid for!
Long story short...

Outlaw by name, outlaw by nature...

Support gemini artifacts and Lebanon circle...
Gemini Artifacts
Lebanon Circle
Marc Charisse
all top notch dealers
What Vlad, Iain, Oz, Bartleby and The Sponge said! Under no circumstances be tempted to hit the buy button on anything on Outlaws website!
Unless I am mistaken, the Outlaw site is gone, the subscription having expired.
Yep, looks like it...but it came back once before! Will probably take a silver bullet to make sure!
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who didn't receive what he paid for from Outlaw effects. That said, Gemini Artifacts provided me with prompt shipping and great customer service and I'm very happy with them.
Vic does a great job,
his prices are very fair, he'll answer any questions you have and he'll make sure you get it in time and safe
Ordered just a few things from Gemini (that were once in the Outlaw stable) and always got it with very good service. I definitely recommend.
Order with absolute confidence from Vic at Gemini. I am in the US and have never done business with Lebannon. Are the shipping costs to the states high and is Lebannon as good a vendor as Gemini?
Dan at Lebanon is fantastic, you can trust him implicitly and his customer service is second to none. Not sure about shipping costs to the US but with the strength of the dollar it will be a lot cheaper than the other way which is why some of the larger Gemini items can be expensive to ship over here. (But worth it)
Keith Hart is fantasic as is Blindeye Magi. We've had a couple stinkers in our community, but by and large, guys like the former two and Dan and Vic really prop up our hobby/profession.
All of the ones mentioned (the last couple of days) are good guys and trustworthy and great to deal with
the shipping is not out of sight (it is what it is unfortunately) but it won't put you in the poorhouse (just allow a bit of extra time for it to get here (most times except Xmas think around two or three weeks if Dan has it in stock)
Thanks for that Winks. :)

I try my best to be the sort of magic dealer that I would happily buy from.

Keith Hart
[quote]On Dec 15, 2018, Winks wrote:
Keith Hart is fantasic as is Blindeye Magi. We've had a couple stinkers in our community, but by and large, guys like the former two and Dan and Vic really prop up our hobby/profession. [/quote]

Absolutely agree can't go wrong with Blackhart!
[quote]On Dec 18, 2018, Bogbadger wrote:
[quote]On Dec 15, 2018, Winks wrote:
Keith Hart is fantasic as is Blindeye Magi. We've had a couple stinkers in our community, but by and large, guys like the former two and Dan and Vic really prop up our hobby/profession. [/quote]

Absolutely agree can't go wrong with Blackhart! [/quote]

I second that
Winks, I second Blackharts thanks. As does he and the others mentioned I just try to do what is right and treat others like I would like to be treated.

John
Blind Eye Magi
[quote]On Dec 13, 2018, Jbbreckin wrote:
Hi all,
anyone have any idea what happened to Outlaw-Effects, or anyone what does the same sort of effects

Thanks [/quote]

Similar effects from the following...

Gemini Artifacts
Lebanon Circle
Black Hart
Blind Eye Magi

you should also check out the work of Eugene Burger and Christian Chelman, particularly his book "Capricornian Tales".

Hope this helps.
Gemini does stock some of the former Outlaw effects.
[quote]On Dec 27, 2018, aligator wrote:
Gemini does stock some of the former Outlaw effects. [/quote]

Yes, I forgot to mention that.
[quote]On Dec 27, 2018, aligator wrote:
Gemini does stock some of the former Outlaw effects. [/quote]

Because Vic now owns the rights to them.
Don't you hate it when a guy with 15 posts starts a thread and when everyone tries to help them they disappear and the thread continues on?
Yes!!
[quote]On Jan 2, 2019, afinemesh wrote:
Yes!! [/quote]

Thanks Jorey,

I am glad someone agrees. Sometimes I think I am a 'ghost poster'. lol
"I am glad someone agrees. Sometimes I think I am a 'ghost poster'."

We can see right through you.
[quote]On Dec 29, 2018, weepinwil wrote:
Don't you hate it when a guy with 15 posts starts a thread and when everyone tries to help them they disappear and the thread continues on? [/quote]

weepinwil, I had not noticed, but you're right, nothing back from the OP at all, nada, not so much as a simple ty.
I always find those low post members who create a thread about a contested topic and then ditch it, pretty sketchy. Is it Rick or a friend testing the waters to see where his reputation stands? Or, hoping that there will still be some kind of following to defend his honor?
It's really not at all unusual for someone to ask a question and then leave a forum after they've got their information, or just forget that they posted if they don't get a response immediately. Happens all the time and I seriously doubt there's sneaky intent. Rick knows and has known his reputation on here for a long time.
Hi guys I am here and thank you for all your posts with what's gone off and where to bye from I had not disappeared I have been in and out of hospital.
So I am right in thinking the stuff I paid for at outlaw will never turn up ?
That is correct
Assuming you used PayPal without the pay as a friend feature, you can still try to file a claim (assuming the deadline hasn't passed).
So what happened to them?
Them...as far as I understand it...was one person, who had an incredible vision and successful venture at first, and then spiraled off into criminal oblivion, taking money from many, and delivering to fewer.

There are many more people here who can offer more details. I purchased many props from Outlaw, and was never burned in the long run. But I was victim to many of the owner's false promises, over and over again. However, many here were robbed out of hundreds of dollars worth of props. Outlaw indeed.
Same story. And it's over. The end. ( R.I.P. )
[quote]On Jan 19, 2019, reese wrote:
Same story. And it's over. The end. ( R.I.P. ) [/quote]

Thank you, enough already!
Maybe itís time for a feature film now.
This guy always pops up in my mind when reading about fraud: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Minkow
[quote]On Jan 19, 2019, Wizard of Oz wrote:
Them...as far as I understand it...was one person, who had an incredible vision and successful venture at first, and then spiraled off into criminal oblivion, taking money from many, and delivering to fewer.

There are many more people here who can offer more details. I purchased many props from Outlaw, and was never burned in the long run. But I was victim to many of the owner's false promises, over and over again. However, many here were robbed out of hundreds of dollars worth of props. Outlaw indeed. [/quote]

Let the records show...

That in my opinion, everyone who accepted Rick's sweeteners and those who constantly bullied and argued against those speaking out years before this meltdown, they too are just as to blame...

Poor Dr spektor was victimised by too many and pretty much put under stress by several people...they know who they are and absolute same on those pathetic little men...

Also, and this includes friends of mine, who worked with Rick on projects but also never spoke out... But would complain about it for a long long time... They had their reasons, but also, for evil to flourish it takes good men to do nothing...

All I hope is people are very vocal about their reasonable demands, always claim their money via PayPal within the timescales and hold people accountable for their actions...

And we start naming the bullies... Not here, but on social media and start sharing it around...
Letís stop beating a dead horse.
[quote]On Jan 20, 2019, Winks wrote:
Letís stop beating a dead horse. [/quote]

AMEN!!