(Close Window)
Topic: Venom cube Henry harrius
This looks good, I Already own perfect square, I wonder if there is any difference in the method

Http://rubiksdream.com/venom-cube-by-henry-harrius_p0008.html
Trailer:

[youtube]jTaLfrKWW4o[/youtube]
Everything Henry produces is amazing, I just can't wait for this to land in my mailbox, it will replace everything I had because it's clean and direct !
Same here. I love his stuff
Just point me to the Buy button
Message: Posted by: TheDirectionalist (Dec 18, 2018 05:19AM)
It looks so good!
[quote]On Dec 18, 2018, Jg84 wrote:
This looks good, I Already own perfect square, I wonder if there is any difference in the method

Http://rubiksdream.com/venom-cube-by-henry-harrius_p0008.html [/quote]

The whole mechanism is different. Venom is superb!
I put my order in, I use Perfect Square in my strolling and stand-up shows. Yet this looks so clean and fluid it merits my order.
What is the difference between this and Perfect Square as they look very similar ?
[quote]On Dec 18, 2018, warren wrote:
What is the difference between this and Perfect Square as they look very similar ? [/quote] The gimmick separation is so much cleaner. Perfect Square you canít apply the gimmick as fluidly as you see in Venom. Itís a such a small difference I could stick with Perfect Square and be happy. Like in most magic you pay for clean and thatís what Iím paying for, looks more cleaned up.
Perfect square is available here for $80 what makes this worth almost twice as much.
Does it come ready to go out of the box or is some DIY required ?
Looks great! couple of questions - are either of the cubes examinable afterwards? What is an "RD cube"? How come a lot of magic tricks are called "venom"? :)
[quote]On Dec 18, 2018, Bill08 wrote:
Looks great! couple of questions - are either of the cubes examinable afterwards? What is an "RD cube"? How come a lot of magic tricks are called "venom"? :) [/quote]

There is no way that they are immediately examinable the gimmick could probably ditched and I think the RD cube is just the specially made speed cube for the whole rubiks dream thing. These are just my guesses from watching the trailer but these are most likely the answer.
This also looks like a combination of rubicon and perfect square.
The solving looks awesome!
Wow, put them side by side, and they match!! Well, at least that is what it looks like. This is amazing~
I have to imagine that the RD cube is Henry's custom regular cube described here:

https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/magic-accessories/rd-regular-cube/
Message: Posted by: TheDirectionalist (Dec 18, 2018 04:49PM)
[quote]On Dec 18, 2018, Magic KL wrote:
Wow, put them side by side, and they match!! Well, at least that is what it looks like. This is amazing~ [/quote]
I feel like the part of the trailer at 1:08 is super misleading and I assume it does NOT play that well. I think that part was faked to demonstrate what it would look like to a spectator. If Iím wrong.. Then magic might just be real 😂
[quote]On Dec 18, 2018, TheDirectionalist wrote:
Wow, put them side by side, and they match!! Well, at least that is what it looks like. This is amazing~ [/quote]
I feel like the part of the trailer at 1:08 is super misleading and I assume it does NOT play that well. I think that part was faked to demonstrate what it would look like to a spectator. If Iím wrong.. Then magic might just be real 😂 [/quote]

Yes it does look like the trailer, there are no funny moves which is what gives this the edge over others around.

We are looking forward to getting this into stock soon.
[quote]On Dec 18, 2018, Saturn UK wrote:
I feel like the part of the trailer at 1:08 is super misleading and I assume it does NOT play that well. I think that part was faked to demonstrate what it would look like to a spectator. If Iím wrong.. Then magic might just be real 😂 [/quote]

Yes it does look like the trailer, there are no funny moves which is what gives this the edge over others around.

We are looking forward to getting this into stock soon. [/quote]

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it Mark on one of your live feeds :)
I've watched the tutorial and had one of those why did I not think of that moments.

If you like what you see you won't be disappointed.

Henry is a master at making cube gimmicks and this is not exception.
I couldnít pre-order this fast enough. I own most of the cube props and gimmicks out there including Perfect Square and Rubicon. Perfect square went strait into my cube drawer and Iíve been using rubicon for my matching sequence. After watching the instructional video for Venom, Iím even more excited about this. It really does look that clean, the actual move is shown a couple times in the trailer video, if you donít know what to look for itís almost invisible. I have a feeling this will be my go to for matching moving forward. I would even say this is my new favorite cube gimmick of all time. Canít wait to start working with it
If you donít mind me asking?
How have you been able to watch the tutorial already
I have pre ordered this but not received a tutorial as of yet
Thanks
Iím trying to figure that out as well. I emailed Henry with my order number, letís see if I get it as well.

Trust me when I say this, but what you see in the trailer is exactly how you'll be performing it. Zero weird moves, and everything is motivated. Bring out two cubes, hand one over for the spectator to mix freely, and you're all good to match them up. It may seem like it's too good to be true, but after seeing the product and learning its mechanics, it probably is.

You won't be disappointed. This will become the definitive method to generate the cube matching effect.
I emailed Henry with my order number and got the instructions, wow! Yeah Iím definitely excited for this. Just like Rubik 360 there is sticker setup, but this is imho the best matching effect with no moves to catch for the dirty work. Very clear instructions, reset is quick as well. I donít see this getting any better than it already is, itís great!
At risk of sounding like some ugly troll, I want to ask the following:

How long do we have to wait for a m******ized sh*ll to accommodate 56mm or even 55mm speed cubes -- you know, the kind used by folks who actually solve the doggone cubes?

How long before a sh*ll is modeled after GAN speedcubes, with circular center pieces? How about MOYU and others with rounded corner center pieces and rounded inward facing corner and edge pieces?

How long before we can order stickers appropriate for speedcube and sh*ll alike? And when, indeed, will suppliers of sh*lls stop treating sources of such stickers like highly classified state secrets? Indeed, when will they start to frankly admit the manufacturer and model number of the cube supplied with their sh*ll?

Just asking. I'm not saying anyone is dishonest, nor am I suggesting sh*lls aren't worth what they cost. But the questions detailed above have been bothering me for quite some time.

:worry:
Message: Posted by: TheDirectionalist (Dec 19, 2018 09:17AM)
[quote]On Dec 19, 2018, dylanxtay wrote:

Trust me when I say this, but what you see in the trailer is exactly how you'll be performing it. Zero weird moves, and everything is motivated. Bring out two cubes, hand one over for the spectator to mix freely, and you're all good to match them up. It may seem like it's too good to be true, but after seeing the product and learning its mechanics, it probably is.

You won't be disappointed. This will become the definitive method to generate the cube matching effect. [/quote]

So in the segment I linked, thatís him doing it for real??? Thatís INSANE!

Edit: After watching back now because it was blowing my mind, I see it.. And itís GENIUS. But, I am a bit worried about everything lining up properly. I hope that isnít too much of an issue!
[quote]On Dec 19, 2018, TheDirectionalist wrote:
[quote]On Dec 19, 2018, dylanxtay wrote:

You won't be disappointed. This will become the definitive method to generate the cube matching effect. [/quote]

So in the segment I linked, thatís him doing it for real??? Thatís INSANE!

Edit: After watching back now because it was blowing my mind, I see it.. And itís GENIUS. But, I am a bit worried about everything lining up properly. I hope that isnít too much of an issue! [/quote]

Henry and his team thought about EVERYTHING, you don't have to worry about anything.
JC here. Lucky enough I have played with Venom Cube, and hell it looks good. All being magicians, I assume most of you guys have an idea of what the gimmick is, and so did I, but it still amazed me seeing Henry performing it in person. It is what a matching effect should look like. Direct and easy.

Speaking of easy, I can execute the move with my first try after knowing the principle of Venom Cube, no practice in prior. And the a-bit-too-detailed instructional video should be able to guide you through everything if the gimmick itself is not already easy enough to be used.

And the bonus. I have provided 3 of my favorite variations among the gear solve. I used to call the solves in different names. Henry also revisits and teaches his Recurring Nightmare Solve. So technically Venom Cube provides not 1 but a variety of bonus solves in it. I love my slow solve in particular. It convinces audiences that a solve can be done with no moves.

So, Venom Cube is able to convince me to perform a matching effect with gimmicks and not with a paper bag, and this is my rating to Venom Cube.
[quote]On Dec 19, 2018, justincheung wrote:
JC here. Lucky enough I have played with Venom Cube, and hell it looks good. All being magicians, I assume most of you guys have an idea of what the gimmick is, and so did I, but it still amazed me seeing Henry performing it in person. It is what a matching effect should look like. Direct and easy.

Speaking of easy, I can execute the move with my first try after knowing the principle of Venom Cube, no practice in prior. And the a-bit-too-detailed instructional video should be able to guide you through everything if the gimmick itself is not already easy enough to be used.

And the bonus. I have provided 3 of my favorite variations among the gear solve. I used to call the solves in different names. Henry also revisits and teaches his Recurring Nightmare Solve. So technically Venom Cube provides not 1 but a variety of bonus solves in it. I love my slow solve in particular. It convinces audiences that a solve can be done with no moves.

So, Venom Cube is able to convince me to perform a matching effect with gimmicks and not with a paper bag, and this is my rating to Venom Cube. [/quote]

Do you have Rubicon and if so how does this compare in both simplicity and effect ?
[quote]On Dec 19, 2018, warren wrote:
[quote]On Dec 19, 2018, justincheung wrote:

So, Venom Cube is able to convince me to perform a matching effect with gimmicks and not with a paper bag, and this is my rating to Venom Cube. [/quote]

Do you have Rubicon and if so how does this compare in both simplicity and effect ? [/quote]

Venom is less bulky, easier to do, more realistic and there is no weird move. You just can't compare it to Rubicon, those 2 are not playing in the same league :)
[quote]On Dec 19, 2018, Alex DLF wrote:
[quote]On Dec 19, 2018, warren wrote:

Do you have Rubicon and if so how does this compare in both simplicity and effect ? [/quote]

Venom is less bulky, easier to do, more realistic and there is no weird move. You just can't compare it to Rubicon, those 2 are not playing in the same league :) [/quote]

Strange when I asked opinions between Rubicon and Perfect Square which I believe Venom is and updated version of most went with Rubicon so are there big differences between Venom compared with Rubicon ?

Note I'm genuinely interested I'm not trying to be troll thanks.
They're 2 completely different gimmicks :)
They're 2 completely different gimmicks :) [/quote]

And so how do they compare is the new gimmick more like Rubicon etc ?
So I just bit the bullet and pre-ordered. When is this actually being released?
December 30th as per his Facebook page
Where are these shipped from? If not the U.K. are these, will they be available for preorder via Saturn or other dealer?
We are getting this, most likely early next year by the time they arrive.
[quote]On Dec 20, 2018, warren wrote:
They're 2 completely different gimmicks :) [/quote]

And so how do they compare is the new gimmick more like Rubicon etc ? [/quote]

It is actually not applicable for comparison between Rubicon and Venom in terms of gimmick, because in reality they are different gimmicks in terms of construction, design; And the handling are totally different as shown in demo video Henry Harrius posted.
This looks amazing Iím in. Olly
[quote]On Dec 19, 2018, Saturn UK wrote:
We are getting this, most likely early next year by the time they arrive. [/quote]

Thanks.
How many sides can you with Venom?
[quote]On Dec 20, 2018, RodrigoGrando wrote:
How many sides can you with Venom? [/quote]

4 sides
I talked myself out of this because I could not motivate the effect in my
head of having The spectator match an already scrambled cube.
However I did want to learn that Bad ass Gear Solve so I pre-ordered anyway.
Henrys products are all pretty amazing And I want to support this generous creator.
Holy moly! The Venom Cube gimmick Is SO slick.
When you see the trailer you do not want to believe that you are seeing
The whole thing but you totally are. It happens in real time and is buttery smooth.
Now I just need to get myself a cube to chocolate gimmick. Very happy with this and the Gear solve variations.
That someone would come up with the concept of this, then somehow gets it manufactured blows my mind.

Literally they scramble their cube. instantly hand it to you and they match, JUST LIKE IN THE DEMO. I thought there must have been a couple second edit in the video demo to do the "MOVE". But I was wrong, there is no move..... AMAZING!

Congratulations Henry
The only thing I would say is Henry could easily have made this a six sided match. Even if you didnít use the other 2 sides some of us would of, my feeling is there will be a Venom 2.0 and being sceptical does make you wonder whether they hold bits back deliberately lol. Brilliant concept as usual from a seriously talented young man bravo. Olly
[quote]On Dec 20, 2018, Oil&Water wrote:
The only thing I would say is Henry could easily have made this a six sided match. Even if you didnít use the other 2 sides some of us would of, my feeling is there will be a Venom 2.0 and being sceptical does make you wonder whether they hold bits back deliberately lol. Brilliant concept as usual from a seriously talented young man bravo. Olly [/quote]

After performing with Rubicon many of times and displaying only four sides matching, well 6 but technically four, I can tell you that the audience never thought that they were only looking at four sides that matched. So a six-sided match is really not needed.
Itís not needed I agree with you but it wouldnít of cost hardly anything to include 2 more of the necessary imo. A full match was added in RD 360 so time will tell.Olly
Yes it probably wouldn't cost much more but it would make the routine a little more convoluted and not is fluid as it is now.
Message on Facebook:
[Quote]Pre-order yours HERE:
http://rubiksdream.com/venom-cube-by-henry-harrius_p0008.htÖ
************Special Offer ***********
1. Order Venom Cube in pre-order period (on or before 26 Dec 2018) and get a FREE RD CUBE!
2. If you pair up with a friend to order Venom Cube together, you both get a FREE RD CUBE plus FREE SHIPPING. (We can arrange to ship it to two different address. Please specify at the ĒremarkĒ section)
*orders will be shipped on 30 Dec 2018[/Quote]

Screenshot from 23 Dec 2018: SOLD OUT.
With as wonderful as every RD product has been, I didn't have to think at all about ordering Venom. I knew that it would be a professional prop. I knew it would be researched, developed and perfected. Even still, with all of the things I knew, the Venom unit has exceeded all of my expectations. When this is available for sale again, don't think - just purchase. Like a SvenPad, WikiTest or ANY ProMystic product, you get to think about connecting with your audience because the creators have thought about everything else.
Does this come ready to go out of the box or is some DIY required and does it teach a complete cube solve too?
As with all RD products, there's going to be stickers that need to be applied, and that can take a little bit of time. You don't need to solve a cube with Venom, so teaching how to solve one is not included. However, suggestions are given on applications to help you solve the cube should you need it and don't already know how to solve a cube.
[quote]On Dec 23, 2018, sgtgrey wrote:
As with all RD products, there's going to be stickers that need to be applied, and that can take a little bit of time. You don't need to solve a cube with Venom, so teaching how to solve one is not included. However, suggestions are given on applications to help you solve the cube should you need it and don't already know how to solve a cube. [/quote]

Thanks for the information, I didn't make myself clear regards the solve. what I meant was is there a magical instant solve taught ?
Yes there is 3 I believe. Olly
I have seen the instructions for this. It is extremely clever and I could not figure it out from the trailer. The improvements compared to perfect square which I have used are clear. However there are 2 things I think are potential advantages to perfect square. The shape of the PS gimmick allows for a very nice final display with top, bottom and front two sides of both cubes visible at once. This looks cool. Additionally in stage show I have considered giving away the final solved cube as a gift for the spectator. Obviously this is not practical with venom.
[quote]On Dec 19, 2018, Saturn UK wrote:
We are getting this, most likely early next year by the time they arrive. [/quote]

When are you opening up for pre-order Mark ?. I have both RD and 360 and hope this will complete the set
We have no confirmed date from Henry, he is busy and it's the holidays.

He has said mid January but as we don't have a firm date I won't put it up for sale.

Past experience tells me if I put it up for sale now I get emails every day saying where is it, so it's best to wait until its available, we will get them as soon as they are available so jump on our mailing list and you will know the moment they are on the way.
If you are doing these cube effects well then why do you need more?
They are miracles in themselves the first 2 of this project or is it the bag elimination that is the game changer?
Of course you then lose the 6 real side reveal?
There is always a trade off it seems to me. Olly
[quote]On Dec 23, 2018, Xcath1 wrote:
I have seen the instructions for this. It is extremely clever and I could not figure it out from the trailer. [/quote]
I saw the gimmick in the trailer. Immediately it was clear what happens when tapping the cubes together. I feared the gimmick can not be used close up when even the trailer spoils the secret.
Interesting post , when the cube comes back is it not obvious that the first line up is incorrect? I donít know just thinking out loud. Olly
I guess Iím not too smart. Maybe I was looking to close for the other methods I know.
Olly - of course there is always a trade-off. That's why it's a magic trick and not real magic. The question you have to ask is whether or not the trade-offs are the best ones to make given the context of the performance (including audience, environment, performer, the show being presented, the premise of the effect, etc.)
[quote]On Dec 24, 2018, Frittentick wrote:
I have seen the instructions for this. It is extremely clever and I could not figure it out from the trailer. [/quote]
I saw the gimmick in the trailer. Immediately it was clear what happens when tapping the cubes together. I feared the gimmick can not be used close up when even the trailer spoils the secret. [/quote]

General close up situation in my opinion this can be done as Henry Harrius did show me how close this can be. Problem is what is the definition of 'close up' & 'How close' is different from everyone.

In my understanding, say the close up theatre of the Magic Castle for example, that close up situation Venom is good enough and able to present itself.
I have 360, Rubycon and Perfect Square. Now Henry has come out with an interesting new gimmick.
[quote]General close up situation in my opinion this can be done as Henry Harrius did show me how close this can be. Problem is what is the definition of 'close up' & 'How close' is different from everyone.

In my understanding, say the close up theatre of the Magic Castle for example, that close up situation Venom is good enough and able to present itself. [/quote]
Means venom fits to parlour magic. You cannot use it closeup in restaurant work, tablehopping, strolling....
[quote]General close up situation in my opinion this can be done as Henry Harrius did show me how close this can be. Problem is what is the definition of 'close up' & 'How close' is different from everyone.

In my understanding, say the close up theatre of the Magic Castle for example, that close up situation Venom is good enough and able to present itself. [/quote]
Means venom fits to parlour magic. You cannot use it closeup in restaurant work, tablehopping, strolling.... [/quote]

I think to be fare it should be said this can be used in at least the same performing situations as Rubicon and Perfect Square.

It also seems that some are very close to exposing what is going on which is not a good thing, if you have figured it out great but without seeing how well this is made comments should be a bit more reserved and left to those that actually own this or have seen it as to how good it looks close up.

I have watched the video and it looks great but even I can't comment with 100% authority until I actually see it.
[quote]On Dec 24, 2018, Saturn UK wrote:

Means venom fits to parlour magic. You cannot use it closeup in restaurant work, tablehopping, strolling.... [/quote]

I think to be fare it should be said this can be used in at least the same performing situations as Rubicon and Perfect Square.

It also seems that some are very close to exposing what is going on which is not a good thing, if you have figured it out great but without seeing how well this is made comments should be a bit more reserved and left to those that actually own this or have seen it as to how good it looks close up.

I have watched the video and it looks great but even I can't comment with 100% authority until I actually see it. [/quote]

Not to come across as a troll or anything but personally knowing how something is done or spotting how something is done has never put me off purchasing something in fact it's usually the opposite, I can honestly say it usually makes me click the buy button.

The only thing that put's me off is purchasing products is exposure on youtube which could be stopped if the originators actually cared enough to do something about it with just a few clicks of a button due to copyright infringement.
Also from what I've seen on the WPR Rubicon is better used in either a parlour or stage setting whilst Perfect Square can be used in a close up situation, now as those over at the WPR are the only ones brave enough to say if something isn't very good I tend to listen to what they say over most other reviewers out there who would have us believe that every item to hit the market is brilliant.
So is this good for close up or not?
[quote]I think to be fare it should be said this can be used in at least the same performing situations as Rubicon and Perfect Square.[/quote]
I doubt that. For Perfect Square you need some misdirection/body turn when doing the move. No need for strange movements with Venom and that's the advantsge. But cause 4 sides of the Perfect Square gimmick are closed nothing can be seen from a very close distance while the Venom is open.
[quote]On Dec 23, 2018, Frittentick wrote:
I saw the gimmick in the trailer. Immediately it was clear what happens when tapping the cubes together. I feared the gimmick can not be used close up when even the trailer spoils the secret. [/quote]

This gimmick is extremely more deceiving than Rubicon which I have as well and Rubicon was always a fooler even in close up situations. So the Venom Cube us going to be fantastic IMO!

RNK
Do you have any idea why Henry doesn't credit Real Cube by Harry G who has been the first to use m...ts to transfer faces? On the other side he credits Rubicon which is a completely different product. Maybe crediting Greg Wilson is cooler than crediting Harry G?
[quote]On Dec 24, 2018, warren wrote:
[quote]On Dec 24, 2018, Saturn UK wrote:

I have watched the video and it looks great but even I can't comment with 100% authority until I actually see it. [/quote]

Not to come across as a troll or anything but personally knowing how something is done or spotting how something is done has never put me off purchasing something in fact it's usually the opposite, I can honestly say it usually makes me click the buy button.

The only thing that put's me off is purchasing products is exposure on youtube which could be stopped if the originators actually cared enough to do something about it with just a few clicks of a button due to copyright infringement.
Also from what I've seen on the WPR Rubicon is better used in either a parlour or stage setting whilst Perfect Square can be used in a close up situation, now as those over at the WPR are the only ones brave enough to say if something isn't very good I tend to listen to what they say over most other reviewers out there who would have us believe that every item to hit the market is brilliant. [/quote]

Dealers do not like exposure as it decreases their sales potential.
I was rewatching the real cube demo earlier today after reading academyís post above and there is a phase in that routine where it at least seems the match up can be done with exactly what seems to be the same method as Venom?
I donít know I am speculating, it just looked the same type of movements and the same end result.
Can anyone confirm the differences please. Olly
[quote]On Dec 24, 2018, Oil&Water wrote:
I was rewatching the real cube demo earlier today after reading academyís post above and there is a phase in that routine where it at least seems the match up can be done with exactly what seems to be the same method as Venom?
I donít know I am speculating, it just looked the same type of movements and the same end result.
Can anyone confirm the differences please. Olly [/quote]

Axel Hecklau never made a big deal about it but Henry's RD360 was released after Axel's Easy Cube and some could think he just copied it.
[quote]On Dec 24, 2018, pegasus wrote:

Dealers do not like exposure as it decreases their sales potential. [/quote]

Propdog must be the exception
[quote]On Dec 24, 2018, academy wrote:
Do you have any idea why Henry doesn't credit Real Cube by Harry G who has been the first to use m...ts to transfer faces? On the other side he credits Rubicon which is a completely different product. Maybe crediting Greg Wilson is cooler than crediting Harry G? [/quote]

Going by this route, I'll say it's extremely unfair to Henry as "Real Cube" has several instances in which it infringes the works from "Rubik's Dream". "Real Cube" was never the first product that utilizes m****ts, and the design of Venom is far from being similar to the ones out in the market.

As to answer back to your question on why Harry G wasn't credited, it's just simply a case where it isn't necessary as Venom was not built upon the concept nor the prop invention by "Real Cube".

Gregory Wilson is credited with due to his contributions for the matching cubes plot, in which has inspired many to develop their own methods.
Thanks for your reply so based on that the m.gn.t.c side match up is different in method than Real Cube?
Does Real Cube match 4 sides using sh.m. or does it match 6?
It may not work at all in this way and I am buying Venom anyhow but I am just curious to know as I may buy Real Cube too if it can do all the 6 sides,
or if you can add 2 of the sides to make Henryís a 6 sided match.
I love and own RD360 but I am looking for a cube effect match that doesnít need the bag and looks as clean as Venom but in an ideal world with 6 sides matching and for close up situations, meaning very close up and strolling. Thanks for all you help once again and a Merry Christmas to all. Olly :)
[quote]On Dec 25, 2018, Oil&Water wrote:
Thanks for your reply so based on that the m.gn.t.c side match up is different in method than Real Cube?
Does Real Cube match 4 sides using sh.m. or does it match 6?[/quote]

I don't own Real Cube but from a topic in the Magic Cafť I've learned that Real Cube is a Rubicon Shell + 2 m.gn.t.c sides to show all 6 sides. Venom is 4 m.gn.t.c sides and you can show alleged 6 but in real just 4 sides of course. The Real Cube gimmick is thick and heavy and not for close up. The reviewer said he wouldn't use it close-up like seen in the promotion video. I'm looking forward to an unbiased review of the Venom gimmick.
Very, very wise Frittentick.
Thank you Frittentick for your very informative response. Olly
[quote]On Dec 26, 2018, Frittentick wrote:
[quote]On Dec 25, 2018, Oil&Water wrote:
Does Real Cube match 4 sides using sh.m. or does it match 6?[/quote]

I don't own Real Cube but from a topic in the Magic Cafť I've learned that Real Cube is a Rubicon Shell + 2 m.gn.t.c sides to show all 6 sides. Venom is 4 m.gn.t.c sides and you can show alleged 6 but in real just 4 sides of course. The Real Cube gimmick is thick and heavy and not for close up. The reviewer said he wouldn't use it close-up like seen in the promotion video. I'm looking forward to an unbiased review of the Venom gimmick. [/quote]

I have this coming in the mail and I also have Rubicon which I use in very close up situations. The only thing I make sure is that Spectators are at least about three feet back & I have never had a problem. Well, one time I saw spectator lean over and Whisper to someone as if he might have noticed. That is one time out of hundreds. If the gimmicks 4 Venom are thinner than Rubicon and I do not see a problem with using it and close up situations.
[quote]I also have Rubicon which I use in very close up situations. The only thing I make sure is that Spectators are at least about three feet back & I have never had a problem.[/quote]Since you quoted me I like to say that I talked about Real Cube and not Rubicon.

[quote]If the gimmicks 4 Venom are thinner than Rubicon and I do not see a problem with using it and close up situations. [/quote]
I do. Rubicon is a closed shell while Venom are single. Do they match up perfectly? What about the noise? I already mentioned we need an unbiased review to end wild guesses.
I agree Frittentick and that is my concern I hope we get one soon . Olly
[quote]On Dec 27, 2018, Frittentick wrote:
[quote]I also have Rubicon which I use in very close up situations. The only thing I make sure is that Spectators are at least about three feet back & I have never had a problem.[/quote]Since you quoted me I like to say that I talked about Real Cube and not Rubicon.

[quote]If the gimmicks 4 Venom are thinner than Rubicon and I do not see a problem with using it and close up situations. [/quote]
I do. Rubicon is a closed shell while Venom are single. Do they match up perfectly? What about the noise? I already mentioned we need an unbiased review to end wild guesses. [/quote]

Unbiased? Not sure what you mean as I don't know Henry. All I am saying is that after watching the instruction video the display with this looks much better than Rubicon, much more normal.

And if you think using Rubicon a close-up situations would not work then you obviously have not performed it for people close up. I did, hundreds of times and as I stated before, only one time someone thought something look out of the ordinary. And all I am saying is that the gimmicks for Venom on video anyway, look better than Rubicon. Time will tell as I should have mine soon.
[quote]On Dec 27, 2018, RNK wrote: And if you think using Rubicon a close-up situations would not work then you obviously have not performed it for people close up. I did, hundreds of times and as I stated before, only one time someone thought something look out of the ordinary. [/quote]
Last time and just for you: I'm talkin' about Real Cube and not Rubicon. Reeeeaaaal Cuuuube NOOOOT Ruuubiiiicoooon!!! Got it?
[quote]I think to be fare it should be said this can be used in at least the same performing situations as Rubicon and Perfect Square.[/quote]
I doubt that. For Perfect Square you need some misdirection/body turn when doing the move. No need for strange movements with Venom and that's the advantage. But cause 4 sides of the Perfect Square gimmick are closed nothing can be seen from a very close distance while the Venom is open. [/quote]

I respectfully not agree. The PS indeed have even more strange movements when compare to Venom, at least this is the same feeling to me and many magician friends that I have known, not to mention that the clicking sound / noise of PS gimmick created. The reason I said Venom is good enough for Magic Castle close up room and NOT Parlor Theatre because this is the basic idea of how to define an effect can be perform close up or parlor. If you doubt that, which mean you are looking for effects that were suppose to be seen at MICRO distance, such as 5-10 cm within eyeball... is that what you mean for close up magic?

In any case, the pre-order of Venom has been sold out last week and I don't even have a chance to grab one, and wish you good luck on your cube magic my friend.
Has anyone actually got this yet as the thread has gone very quiet?
Is it any good, and is it suitable for real world close up magic performances?
Thank you. Olly
[quote]On Jan 6, 2019, Oil&Water wrote:
Has anyone actually got this yet as the thread has gone very quiet?
Is it any good, and is it suitable for real world close up magic performances?
Thank you. Olly [/quote]

Good question and hopefully they can give us some comparisons to other similar effects.
In the Facebook group I've read that some received Venom but no review yet.
Thanks for the update guys, the fact that there is no review makes me think this may not be as good as first thought.
I sincerely hope so though as still waiting for mine, Olly
I received mine last week , it is as good as I thought and for me personally will replace perfect square. Iíll write a proper review once I have had time set it up and to practice it a bit first
Thanks Deano88 would you say it can be performed close up and strolling. I mean the gimmicks when attached look very convincing? Olly
Thanks, looking forward to your review. Regarding strolling. table hopping: You'll need a reset after each performance.
[quote]On Jan 6, 2019, Frittentick wrote:
Regarding strolling. table hopping: You'll need a reset after each performance. [/quote]

If it needs a reset can it be done in the open and how long does the reset take ?
[quote]On Jan 6, 2019, warren wrote:
[quote]On Jan 6, 2019, Frittentick wrote:
Regarding strolling. table hopping: You'll need a reset after each performance. [/quote]

If it needs a reset can it be done in the open and how long does the reset take ? [/quote]

As for the reset, it takes less than 4 seconds to get everything ready for the next performance, plus it's entirely possible to reset it infront of the spectator too. The tutorial video has a portion dedicated to the reset, so no worries for that.
Thanks dylanxtay whatís your opinion on very close up performing ie do you need a certain distance not to see the gimmicks?
Thanks again, Olly
[quote]On Jan 9, 2019, Oil&Water wrote:
Thanks dylanxtay whatís your opinion on very close up performing ie do you need a certain distance not to see the gimmicks?
Thanks again, Olly [/quote]

Hi Oil & Water.

It'll depends on how you define the term "very close up", but the gimmicks are so well made (much like the rest of the Rubik's Dream line) that you'll have to know what you're looking out for to begin the search. I'll say that depending on your performance situation and audience management skill, you can handle the distance you can keep with them. Situation is pretty akin to Gregory Wilson's Rubicon, in which in my opinion, the effect is best performed with a given distance, but Henry has shown that it's very possible to perform the effect surrounded in a closeup situation.

In the tutorial video, Henry even shares his tips on having both of the cubes solved (thus ending clean), hence any doubts that your spectator might have would have been cleared through that.
Thank you Dylan very much, understood and it sounds excellent. Olly
[quote]On Jan 6, 2019, Deano88 wrote:
I received mine last week , it is as good as I thought and for me personally will replace perfect square. Iíll write a proper review once I have had time set it up and to practice it a bit first [/quote]

Hi, how did you get Venom Cube? I have been asking people who I think got one. I'd be very glad if someone tells me how to get Venom Cube.
Hi, I have been waiting for Venom Cube to be in the market, but so far nothing is happening, I presume. Does anyone know how to order Venom Cube? I'd appreciate it very much if anyone knows it. Thank you.
It can be purchased at http://rubiksdream.com.
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxfk_Wle3kE&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR328M6l490RamsvGa_bhhwKQPI45uf7sGAm_jNL9heBtofdSwO3C2_Tb2c
Thank you for the link, the video was helpful!
WOW! Mine just arrived in the mail ... I skipped ahead in the video to the "crucial secret" and all I can say is WOW - totally out of the box thinking!
Henry is at the forefront of cube magic !!!!
Venom Cube is a must have. Even when you know how itís done it makes you smile from ear to ear in how clean and deceiving it looks and feels. Itís so simple to do and found itís way immediately into my act (walk around and stand up).
Congratulations and thanks to Henry - phenomenal work.
[quote]On Feb 5, 2019, MitchellK wrote:
Venom Cube is a must have. Even when you know how itís done it makes you smile from ear to ear in how clean and deceiving it looks and feels. Itís so simple to do and found itís way immediately into my act (walk around and stand up).
Congratulations and thanks to Henry - phenomenal work. [/quote]
Even in walk around? I have heard that it is more of a stage / parlour trick? Would be interesting if you could use it as well in walk around!
This is the answer I want too, so itís on my list to look for at Blackpool for sure. Olly
I don't own it but the FB group connection seems to have to be able to do it a couple feet from folks...
Like all of Henry's effects - there is some "set up" that you need to do yourself depending on your "preferences" and I have not done that part yet - and THAT will be the deciding factor if the "tell tale signs" can be seen in a close up setting, but it's super devious.

I honestly don't know how it could be any more invisible
And yet it is almost too good.

I miss that very-private delightful chilling thrill of a successful Perfect Square setup and follow-through.
Here is a review from someone else - for those of you who need more information before BLACKPOOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxfk_Wle3kE
Already added it to my act. Itís soooo good!
It is Sold Out on Henry's site.

Anywhere else for purchase?

Alex
It goes on sale publicly AFTER Blackpool - no official release date yet
Who is selling it at Blackpool, just Vanishing inc? Olly
[quote]On Feb 6, 2019, Oil&Water wrote:
Who is selling it at Blackpool, just Vanishing inc? Olly [/quote]

I think that RD is its own independent vendor now.
"Who is selling it at Blackpool, just Vanishing inc? Olly"

No, Rubik's Dream will be it's own dealer table this year and Vemom Cube will be Henry's 1st independent release.
Ok thank you very much for the info David. Olly
Now what is the trick called where the magician has changed 3 sides of the cube to appear mixed and when he "rolls it" into his hands - those 3 sides are solved.
I watched Henry perform this a couple of times on his stall at the Blackpool Convention and bought it immediately - it didn't take long to sell out.

The handling is so clean (and easy), the method is pure genius, and the gimmicks are just amazing.

IMO, this is by far the best matching cube effect on the market. It is also very reasonably priced for what you get (there is a lot to it).

I love it!

Mike
I agree Mike I bought it immediately after Henry demmed it for me it was a no brainer. Absolutely brilliant, Olly
Just ordered mine and watch the tutorial. Itís the method I had hoped for but that I didnít think was possible. So creative and super clean. I own every cube effect of the last 5 yrs and this seems to be the ultimate solution
I agree Eric the method is exactly what I wanted it to be too and I am glad Henry has made this possible, fantastic Olly
Looks like he has a few available on his site if people are looking to buy.
[quote]On Feb 25, 2019, emyers99 wrote:
Just ordered mine and watch the tutorial. Itís the method I had hoped for but that I didnít think was possible. So creative and super clean. I own every cube effect of the last 5 yrs and this seems to be the ultimate solution [/quote]

Eric, I feel the same like you. I felt the same when Henry Harrius showed me this concept a year before the official release I was shocked and amazed, I could not believe that was even possible. The most difficult thing is... I am one of those who knew it will release soon and have to keep silent before the official release while the market place still debating which method is better over which...

Honestly, Venom would not be possible without previous development of previous Rubiks Dream, and RD360. In terms of matching cube effect combine with easy to execution without memorization, minimal sleight (not even should call it sleight actually) Venom Cube, in my opinion is currently one of the top version of matching cube effect, and for me it will be pretty much the ultimate version of such kind of effect in years to come.
Can I have the matching pattern be whatever I want?
Yes. Fully customizable to whatever pattern you want.
Ordered on Thursday from Henry's site, but not sent yet... Was it a preorder ?
He sold out at Blackpool of the physical product so maybe dorian. Olly
Dorian, I ordered mid week last week as well and mine hasnít shipped either. Iím assuming theyíre restocking, but it wouldíve been nice to know that they werenít currently available. For those that have this, how did you access the downloads?
To Dorian and Brandon it clearly stated that Henry completely sold out and smashed it at Blackpool so even I knew that.
Pm me with proof of purchase and I will send you the tutorial link, Olly
When I ordered, the site said he had 5 in stock. Henry emailed me the tutorial a day or so later.
When I ordered it said there were 16 in stock. Nothing about being sold out at blackpool. Regardless, Iím sure all is well.
[quote]On Mar 4, 2019, BrandonWilliams wrote:
When I ordered it said there were 16 in stock. Nothing about being sold out at blackpool. Regardless, Iím sure all is well. [/quote]

Same for me, there were 13 left in stock. Nothing mentionning Blackpool though.

I ordered March 1st, but my package has not been sent yet, still "awaiting shipping" as order status.
Sorry was just saying he sold out of all he took to Blackpool, he may have loads more back at home.
I was just saying it was that well received at Blackpool and they all sold there. Olly
I placed my order on 2-23, heard nothing until last night, I got an email stating order shipped. I received it today (I'm in the US) lol Upon checking the tracking it was shipped on 2-28. so hopefully that'll give you guys an idea on how long it takes to get the cubes.
Mine has shipped. Hope it too arrives early.
Here is my full review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-NCRnzpnrk
I have to say even as someone that doesn't do cube magic this is tempting.
Venom Cube has made it to the UK www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magic-shop/venom-cube-by-henry-harrius.html
I bought it at Blackpool in the UK from Henry himself itís brilliiant. Olly
For those of us new to cube magic and wanting to do an instant solve at the end, how practical and how difficult are the instant solves that Henry teaches with Venom ?
Yes, I have same question as Warren...how hard is the instant solve done at the end in the video? Are you required to be able to memorize and solve a cube to do instant solve finale?
[quote]On Mar 17, 2019, warren wrote:
For those of us new to cube magic and wanting to do an instant solve at the end, how practical and how difficult are the instant solves that Henry teaches with Venom ? [/quote]

Within the tutorial, Henry offers 2 different ways to "solve" the cube, first being his recurring nightmare solve, and the other, which is the bonus Gear Solve (taught by Akira & JC). Both in my honest opinion, are the best solves that you can do as they are extremely reliable and practical.

As for difficulty, the recurring nightmare is perhaps the easiest of the bunch, whereas the Gear Solve will take a while for you to build up the necessary finger strength and muscle memory to do it smoothly.
The Akira solve is what Henry does when he performs it live. Itís similar to the gear solve but the best imo and even if you canít do it in an instant but in 1 second instead initially it still looks great considering itís from the cube they just freely mixed. Olly
Just to supplement Oil&Water's post, Akira Solve can be learnt from the Rubik's Dream 360 set.
Good point Dylan yes taught on RD360 tutorial, Olly
Thanks for the information but I don't really want to have to purchase RD360 just for the instant solve if I'm going to purchase Venom as that would almost double the cost and wouldn't be practical.
Pm me Warren I will tell you the moves no bother, Olly
He teaches an instant solve on Venon also - the Gear solve.
[quote]On Mar 17, 2019, Oil&Water wrote:
Pm me Warren I will tell you the moves no bother, Olly [/quote]

Thanks Olly much appreciated :)
He does and the gear solve is great, however if you are only going to learn one I personally think the Akira solve is fractionally better.
The fact that Henry demoed Venom to me at Blackpool and finished with the Akira solve too kind of made me think itís his go to instant solve.
I am probably wrong the guys a genius and probably does a different instant solve to the next group anyway, Olly
And technically with the venom cube - you don't NEED to learn anything.

1. Mix the prediction cube up well
2. Create your venom cube gimmick to match

As long as you NEVER MESS UP the prediction cube .... ever .... it'll work.

LOL

I do the gear solve with VENOM and the Nightmare solve with Rubik's Dream - both are only between 4 and 6 turns a piece super simple
What is your favorite fast-resolution method taught in the instructions ?
Recurring nightmare solve for me
Wow, mine arrived today -- color me unimpressed with the quality! It arrived sealed, but the necessary items look rough, and the other necessary somethings that the necessary items need were not even in place on one of them -- sorry, can't say more. Suffice it to say that I will have to watch the video and make repairs before it is usable. Too bad, as I like RD and RD 360.

Robert
I'm sure if you contacted the supplier they would replace it for you if your not satisfied.
I am amazed Robert as mine was immaculate, the attention to detail was sublime. Must be a QC error, I hope you get it addressed as itís the best of Henryís creations imo which is hard to say as they are all great but Venom tops them all for me. Olly
Paul at Hocus Pocus is already taking care of it. Paul and Hocus Pocus are always top notch when it comes to customer service! If you're considering ordering something check them out and make sure you get on their mailing list for specials, etc...

Robert
I LOVE MINE!
Just a quick question, the 2112 stack cannot be used for gear solve, right?
[quote]On Apr 3, 2019, Asaka wrote:
Just a quick question, the 2112 stack cannot be used for gear solve, right? [/quote]

Right
Hello Guys I have already rubik dream by Harrius and I wanted to ask if with venom is it possible to combine both in a killer routine? Before I purchase it, wanted to ask for a professional opinion by you. Thanks in advance for any anwer
Both are tools that can be combined in MANY interesting ways, but to answer your question directly: yes. I have a routine using both sets myself that I think is already pretty killer (at least, it has been well-received so far), and it is still to me very much a work in progress.
Emm, is venom cube not suitable for close-up performance??I tried it to my mom but she already see how it is done ?????
[quote]On Apr 13, 2019, Asaka wrote:
Emm, is venom cube not suitable for close-up performance??I tried it to my mom but she already see how it is done ????? [/quote]

I own Venom Cube myself. In my opinion it's not suitable for "really up close and personal" meaning right up in the spectator's face, but from three to four feet distance there shouldn't be a problem; like taking the mixed-up cube from the spectator, step back (so everybody's able to see the magic that is about to happen) and then reveal the matching cubes.

How close were you when you did your close-up performance for your mom?
Your mum must be very clued up
As this passes with most people and some magicians
If done and presented correctly. Then you have a good piece of magic here
[quote]On Apr 13, 2019, montanna40 wrote:
Your mum must be very clued up
As this passes with most people and some magicians
If done and presented correctly. Then you have a good piece of magic here [/quote]
What I really mean, is that she see the side p***e within a two feet distance ...
I see what you mean
I have to agree, I wouldnĎt perform this strolling. Parlour is best imho, I think you really need some distance to the audience. Not much though
And so the WPR guys has finally reviewed the Venom Cube, and the score was astounding.

If you're still on the fence on either to get Venom or not, here's your answer. Congratulations Henry!

WPR Review - https://youtu.be/042bZ4ZUFQM
Could I use this gimmick with the Aurora cubes? These are the cubes I gig with that match my easy cube gimmick as well. https://www.thecubicle.com/products/shengshou-aurora-3x3
No because the cubes are gimmicked but I believe that they are the high quality RD cubes
[quote]On Apr 18, 2019, paranormal wrote:
No because the cubes are gimmicked but I believe that they are the high quality RD cubes [/quote]

They are indeed.
[quote]On Apr 18, 2019, elimagic wrote:
Could I use this gimmick with the Aurora cubes? These are the cubes I gig with that match my easy cube gimmick as well. https://www.thecubicle.com/products/shengshou-aurora-3x3 [/quote]
Well, I don't own Aurora cube. BUt if the pieces in aurora cube can be taken apart and the size match with the gimmick of venom cube, you can apply (and transfer) the gimmick to Aurora cube with some additional modification works.
Aurora is a 56mm cube. RD is 57mm....it may be possible would would be a lot of unnecessary time and effort IMO
Do you have to know how to solve a cube ? if this gets mixed up then what ? also can you solve it at the end of the routine like Mr.Penn does in his review with a few shakes ?
Thanks,
Jeffrey
[quote]On Apr 20, 2019, tophatter wrote:
Do you have to know how to solve a cube ? if this gets mixed up then what ? also can you solve it at the end of the routine like Mr.Penn does in his review with a few shakes ?
Thanks,
Jeffrey [/quote]

For this routine, you will be in the situation where it can be solved instantly. Cubes will never be mixed up (the spectator does mix up one of it, the other could be placed on the table as a prediction OR it can be mixed behind the magician's back.)

And yes you can instant solve it like what David Penn did in the WPR video.
Message: Posted by: Brett Sirrell Magician (May 23, 2019 08:36AM)
Is the cube in venom cube the same cube as in the Rubik's Dream 360 by Henry Harrius?

(Obviously with out the extra mods added for venom)
[quote]On May 23, 2019, Brett Sirrell Magician wrote:
Is the cube in venom cube the same cube as in the Rubik's Dream 360 by Henry Harrius?

(Obviously with out the extra mods added for venom) [/quote]

Yes - look and feel is the same.
[quote]On Apr 13, 2019, Michael.Kegel wrote:
[quote]On Apr 13, 2019, Asaka wrote:
Emm, is venom cube not suitable for close-up performance??I tried it to my mom but she already see how it is done ????? [/quote]

I own Venom Cube myself. In my opinion it's not suitable for "really up close and personal" meaning right up in the spectator's face, but from three to four feet distance there shouldn't be a problem; like taking the mixed-up cube from the spectator, step back (so everybody's able to see the magic that is about to happen) and then reveal the matching cubes.

How close were you when you did your close-up performance for your mom? [/quote]

Yes, Vernon cube is target for stand up / general table magic to parlor, of course even stage, not micro distance. However these days many magicians misunderstand what 'close up' means and in their opinion it means it is less than a feet from their eyeball...

And thank you those who support my bro Henry Harrius on his release over the years, happy cube magic!
I'm going to wait for Hocus Pocus magic to have this for 40 or 50% off on one of their daily deals
[quote]On Jun 23, 2019, kcbeave wrote:
I'm going to wait for Hocus Pocus magic to have this for 40 or 50% off on one of their daily deals [/quote]

You might have a long wait😀
A very long wait 😆😄

It is a quality item. I would save up for this. As you also get the awesome Gear solve with this too 👍
Venom Cube has my highest recommendation.

I've stayed away from cube effects completely during the last twenty years then a few months ago at the airport I had the opportunity to meet Henry and spend some time talking to him.

After that meeting, I thought long and hard about how I could introduce Venom Cube into my act and I have been truly surprised by the response I've had when performing this effect.

I have to say that the design, innovation and quality control of this product are of the highest order and I congratulate Henry on this release to our community.

Keep up the good work !
OK, I went ahead and bought Venom after seeing the reviews and no one thinks it will be a discounted item any time soon. I hope they are right and hope I am not going to kick myself for not waiting. Any how, WHAT A GEM!!
This thing is absolutely fantastic. If a dealer starts discounting this thing I can truly say they would be idiots. Very glad I decided not to wait. thank you all for the reviews.
No change, no bag, no movements in the back: one way to one Spectacles Specter who can / may be 1 meter from the magician.
Venom is very good and does the job perfectly that we ask him. Nothing to say about the explanation video, a good product !
Discounted by $31 @ Vanishing at the moment for $124

https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/close-up-magic/venom-cube/
Thanks for the heads up dman11 thatís a very good price and free shipping in the uk too.

Mark
I knew it I don't know who's the bigger idiot, vanishing INC or me. My instincts were telling me to wait. Now it won't be long before it's even cheaper. So much for the very long wait.

[quote]On Jul 9, 2019, dman11 wrote:

https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/close-up-magic/venom-cube/ [/quote]
Message: Posted by: The Mysterious One (Jul 11, 2019 03:57PM)
[quote]On Jul 9, 2019, kcbeave wrote:
I knew it I don't know who's the bigger idiot, vanishing INC or me. My instincts were telling me to wait. Now it won't be long before it's even cheaper. So much for the very long wait.

[quote]On Jul 9, 2019, dman11 wrote:

https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/close-up-magic/venom-cube/ [/quote] [/quote]

Don't beat yourself up man! We have all seen things go down in price over time and the opposite as well. I wish I had a 1985 Delorean to go back in time and not sell my Absolute Magic for a pittance compared to what it fetches today. I also wish I purchased Bulletproof, but I was unemployed at the time. Now, if someone sells it, I would have to give away my second born in order to get my hands on it. I think my second born and wife would kill me!

I also wish today me could go back in time to scolde past me in order to stop some purchases that has ended up in the dreaded magic drawer.
Hi. Iíve bought a venom cube and just waiting for it to come. I realise I will have to set up the gimmick with a stack of my preference. From what I can see on the trailer and what Iíve read in reviews the stacks, whilst impressive, strike me as very visual and Magical. I never owned Rubicon but I loved the solve behind the back that Gregory Wilson did. So can I achieve that with the stacks taught with this cube and if not can anyone suggest one that I should use?
You can use the stack taught in Rubicon or in Michael Murrayís The solution. Most stacks should allow you to solve the cube although I think some lend themselves better to a one handed solve than others.

Iíve had my venom cube for a few days now and I am a little torn. The moves are an absolute doddle compared to others but personally I think perfect square can withstand much closer scrutiny. Despite the move and the talk I would definitely prefer perfect square close up. Even right up close I struggle to pick out the perfect square gimmick. I can spot the venom cube from quite a distance. For stage I prefer the venom as the moves are so easy and donít require cover. That said with perfect square the move is over in a second and then you are bullet proof.

Mark
Message: Posted by: The Mysterious One (Jul 19, 2019 02:54PM)
[quote]On Jul 19, 2019, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
You can use the stack taught in Rubicon or in Michael Murrayís The solution. Most stacks should allow you to solve the cube although I think some lend themselves better to a one handed solve than others.

Iíve had my venom cube for a few days now and I am a little torn. The moves are an absolute doddle compared to others but personally I think perfect square can withstand much closer scrutiny. Despite the move and the talk I would definitely prefer perfect square close up. Even right up close I struggle to pick out the perfect square gimmick. I can spot the venom cube from quite a distance. For stage I prefer the venom as the moves are so easy and donít require cover. That said with perfect square the move is over in a second and then you are bullet proof.

Mark [/quote]

Mark,

For goodness sake, you got to put down that Venom Cube and go make some more Chanderlopes. MindFX is out of stock. ;)

I am of course kidding (just in case anyone cannot tell). I heard a few others say the same thing about the Venom Cube in terms of close up scrutiny. I also saw footage of David Penn performing at a wedding on WPR. He wasn't that far from his spectators and they seemed just in awe.

I haven't played with the Venom Cube. I bought it with the thought of using it on stage and Rubiked close up.
[quote]On Jul 19, 2019, Mark_Chandaue wrote:

Mark [/quote]

Thanks Mark

I was thinking of using it to go into Ďthe solutioní which would be killer. Iíll wait and see how I feel once it arrives I think.
Yepski
Magic fingers I use it to go into the solution it is perfect for that. You can use venom fairly close but not right under their noses. I am still not sure whether I prefer this to Perfect square. This certainly has the advantage of not needing any cover or misdirection for the move. Perfect square on the other hand is far more bullet proof after the move. With PS I struggle to figure out which is the gimmick even when it is right under my nose. Also PS has a better final display with 3 matching sides being visible at the same time. With PS once you get used the the move it is invisible but there is talk. You can also handle the PS cube a lot more freely both before and after the move.

Mark
Found another sale on the venom cube. I'm still irritated it went on sale at vanishing inc right after I bought mine but lesson learned. any how I am glad to get a back up for 120.00.

http://www.eddiestrickshop.com/page/product/M45029
And free shipping to boot
[quote]On Aug 6, 2019, kcbeave wrote:
Found another sale on the venom cube. I'm still irritated it went on sale at vanishing inc right after I bought mine but lesson learned. any how I am glad to get a back up for 120.00.

http://www.eddiestrickshop.com/page/product/M45029 [/quote]

This, of course, is not for the Venom 2.0 cubes. Thus, the reduced price.
I didnít realise there was a 2.0 version out ? Thanks for any help Gaz 🙂
I have not heard of a venom cube 2.0 and can't find any info on it. It's due to arrive today so I'll see if it's the same as the one I bought a few weeks ago.

[quote]On Aug 6, 2019, rosariorose9 wrote:

This, of course, is not for the Venom 2.0 cubes. Thus, the reduced price. [/quote]
Checked Penguin and they don't have a venom Cube 2.0 either
Thank you for the info as I too have this 1.0 version and itís excellent Gaz 🙂

What is the lesson learned?
No matter how long you wait there could always be a sale the next day.

I donít believe there is a V2 for Venom Cube yet, only Henryís other cube effects. RD & RD360.
The lesson learned is 95% of new magic that comes is discounted in less than a year and many times only a couple of months. I know better than most the urge to get it now but I am not forking over the cash on new stuff any more for at least a year

[quote]On Aug 6, 2019, videoman wrote:

What is the lesson learned?
No matter how long you wait there could always be a sale the next day.

I donít believe there is a V2 for Venom Cube yet, only Henryís other cube effects. RD & RD360. [/quote]
There is no Venom 2.0. The RD360 got improved.
Jeez I donít know where I have been as I donít even remember my RD 360 had seen an upgrade either lol Gaz 🙂
Received my back up Venom Cube this afternoon and it is the same as the one I bought from Penguin a while back. There is no version 2 of Venom cube Gaz is thinking of version 2 of RD and RD 360. What a relief.