(Close Window)
Topic: Hotel tips
Hello,
I'm planning to go to California, So I want to get some travelling tips such as how to find a hotel and all that. Please suggest me with the best travelling tips. Thankyou!
Where in California, The Bay area is very different from Los Angels which is very different from San Diego area. I'm in the L.A. area and might be able to offer some experience.
Don't forget to leave the cleaners a tip.
You mean housekeeping.
Yes, whatever you do, do not call them cleaners, or they will press their panic buttons and a swat team will be there before you know it.
Not joking, don't take a hotel room higher than about the ninth floor as most ladders on a ladder truck, can only go that high. Personally I like the second or third floor as I could jump out a window and still live. Now breaking those windows that don't open, that's another story.
In most hotels in America it just isn't a thing. Most people do not get saved with ladders in windows.

Now not wanting to walk down a zillion steps makes sense to me. I lived on the 11th floor in college and when we had an elevator problem WOW was it a pain.

I personally like the high floors just for the view.

The main reason I never even worry about it is this.
https://www.nfpa.org/News-and-Research/Data-research-and-tools/Building-and-Life-Safety/Hotel-and-Motel-Structure-Fires

"U.S. fire departments responded to an estimated average of 3,520 structure fires in hotels and motels each year, which represents 1% of all structure fires.
These fires resulted in annual losses of 9 civilian deaths, 120 civilian injuries,"

Statistically speaking I'm willing to risk it in return for the view.
Yep, if the building catches fire just look down and pretend it is the aurora borealis ;)
Enchanting panorama not withstanding, I can always get a view so long as I'm alive. My life is way to valuable and I've seen many a view. Some things I wish I hadn't seen but those things I don't talk about.
With the millions who rent hotel rooms every year and only 9 deaths, it is a statistical anomaly based on paranoia. It simply is not worth considering.
Even with minimal risk, it's not worth it for a view. As I said, MY life is WAY to valuable.
[quote]On Feb 20, 2019, Senor Fabuloso wrote:
Even with minimal risk, it's not worth it for a view. As I said, MY life is WAY to valuable.[/quote]
I take it that you never ride in a car, nor fly in an airplane.
Apples and oranges. Cars and planes are necessity of conveyance. A view gets me nowhere.
Apples and oranges. Cars and planes are necessity of conveyance. A view gets me nowhere.[/quote]
So . . . the only risks you'll ever take involve necessities of conveyance?
Here we go again. I'm done taking the bait. Have fun :)
So, did the OP ever get to California? So far he has one post on the Café.
[quote]On Feb 20, 2019, Cliffg37 wrote:
So, did the OP ever get to California? So far he has one post on the Café. [/quote]

Fell out a window.
Here we go again. I'm done taking the bait. Have fun :) [/quote]
You can prevent this by not making stupid comments.
[quote]On Feb 20, 2019, landmark wrote:
So, did the OP ever get to California? So far he has one post on the Café. [/quote]

Fell out a window. [/quote]

Reading this thread, I think he jumped out :)

I thought he was just a bot.