(Close Window)
Topic: I am sure this will be deleted, and me probably banned but...
OK I know it is not smart to start offering opinions about hot button topics in our society today. I KNOW it is against the rules here and I try to avoid them at all costs and generally do a pretty good job. I know this is going to get 1/2 the people I know angry but I just can not keep quiet any longer on the matter. You just reach a point where enough is enough and you have to speak out no matter what the cost to you personally or professionally. So here it is I am just going to come out and say it. Repercussions be darned!

The Flintstones is derivative of the Honeymooners.

Discuss.
I am so glad I wasn't the only one that thought that Dannydoyle!
You're coming to this realization just now, Danny?
No. It has been a long time thorn in my side I just HAD to day something.
Catharsis.
LOL! Bored in Mexico?

Hope it made you feel better. But I must say Barney Rubble was no Ed Norton.

Bang Zoom! or Yabba-Dabba-Doo?
How did the dinosaur/dog sneak in there?
Speaking of old shows, I just saw Stan & Ollie last night which captured Laurel and Hardy's final stage tour through Great Britain at the end of their careers. Very enjoyable. Who knew John C Reilly was such a good actor!?!?
Did you see what Apollo 11 found on the moon? It was Alice Kramden...
Gleason was very open about it in interviews, that he wanted to Sue Hanna Barbara for copyright infringement, but he was talked out of it.
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Jan 26, 2019 08:36PM)
[quote]On Jan 26, 2019, arthur stead wrote:
How did the dinosaur/dog sneak in there? [/quote]
And how come it stopped talking?
The waterbuffalo hats was a grab. Then Ed Norton (Yogi Bear) got his own show. :)

Did Phil Silvers or Art Carney object to the Hanna-Barbera cartoons? They sure kept Daws Butler busy.
[quote]On Jan 26, 2019, Cliffg37 wrote:
Gleason was very open about it in interviews, that he wanted to Sue Hanna Barbara for copyright infringement, but he was talked out of it. [/quote]
Is that true? Because I was making a joke.
[quote]On Jan 26, 2019, Dannydoyle wrote:
Gleason was very open about it in interviews, that he wanted to Sue Hanna Barbara for copyright infringement, but he was talked out of it.[/quote]
Is that true? Because I was making a joke.[/quote]
According to Wikipedia, it is.

And Wikipedia, as we all know, is never wrong.
I'm glad someone finally addressed the elephant in the room. The big wooly elephant.
[quote]On Jan 26, 2019, critter wrote:
I'm glad someone finally addressed the elephant in the room. The big wooly elephant. [/quote]
Well played.
[quote]On Jan 26, 2019, critter wrote:
I'm glad someone finally addressed the elephant in the room. The big wooly elephant.[/quote]
The kitchen faucet.
Also a smaller version of a vacuum cleaner right?

My favorite was the Octopus dishwasher.

In the middle of this post I found the elephant vacuum cleaner and the Dishwasher and Bill's faucet. I did not remember the elephant water cooler.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/8034759/The-Flintstones-50th-anniversary-10-wackiest-Bedrock-inventions.html
Also a smaller version of a vacuum cleaner right?

My favorite was the Octopus dishwasher.

In the middle of this post I found the elephant vacuum cleaner and the Dishwasher and Bill's faucet. I did not remember the elephant water cooler.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/8034759/The-Flintstones-50th-anniversary-10-wackiest-Bedrock-inventions.html [/quote]
They didn't include the bird phonograph.
I was about to pose we try to remember as many animal machines as possible but I cheated LOL.
[quote]On Jan 26, 2019, S2000magician wrote:
Gleason was very open about it in interviews, that he wanted to Sue Hanna Barbara for copyright infringement, but he was talked out of it.[/quote]
Is that true? Because I was making a joke.[/quote]
According to Wikipedia, it is.

And Wikipedia, as we all know, is never wrong. [/quote]

I don't know about Wikipedia, I haven't looked it up there. This was a videotaped interview that I saw of him some years after his passing.
I read the other day that millennials are complaining that Seinfeld is “super offensive.” If THAT’S offensive, I wonder how long it will be before The Honeymooners are denounced by the P.C. Police. Or The Flintstones, for that matter.
[quote]On Jan 27, 2019, arthur stead wrote:
I read the other day that millennials are complaining that Seinfeld is “super offensive.” If THAT’S offensive, I wonder how long it will be before The Honeymooners are denounced by the P.C. Police. Or The Flintstones, for that matter. [/quote]

And that poor ole coyote, he ain’t got a lick of sense and that Road Runner is so mean to him. Won’t be long Arthur Stead.

Everyone is offended by every little thing because they are focused on themselves so much. That’s why I love doing magic at the children’s home... it sure makes you stop being offended lol.
I remember when things offended us we just didn't watch.
[quote]On Jan 27, 2019, Dannydoyle wrote:
I remember when things offended us we just didn't watch. [/quote]

But I like the road runner :)
That used to be the cool part. When I a offended I don't watch, and when you are not offended you do watch. Hmmmm just crazy enough to work.
Yes sir. That’s the way ratings worked what a novel idea. When nobody watched it was canned. I’ll stick to Andy Griffith. :)
I have sort of bittersweet memories of visiting the old Bedrock village theme park thing on Route 66. On the one hand it was awesome seeing how someone made all of that stuff, obviously by hand, but also sad how run down it had become due to not being such a big moneymaker. The problem with liking weird stuff is that it usually goes away when people aren't buying.
[quote]On Jan 27, 2019, critter wrote:
I have sort of bittersweet memories of visiting the old Bedrock village theme park thing on Route 66. On the one hand it was awesome seeing how someone made all of that stuff, obviously by hand, but also sad how run down it had become due to not being such a big moneymaker. The problem with liking weird stuff is that it usually goes away when people aren't buying. [/quote]

I remember visiting that theme park as a kid. Riding in the Flintsone’s car (with broke muffle on the hidden engine making it clear it was no foot powered). It was in sad shape when we stopped, I could, see that even as a ten year old. Costumes fraying and the building paint chipping . But was still such an oddball park, you had to love it.
[quote]On Jan 26, 2019, rockwall wrote:
Speaking of old shows, I just saw Stan & Ollie last night which captured Laurel and Hardy's final stage tour through Great Britain at the end of their careers. Very enjoyable. Who knew John C Reilly was such a good actor!?!? [/quote]

Anybody who’d avoided “Holmes and Watson!”
Anyone remember Mike Myers saying Betty Rubble was one of the 10 hottest women in the world? Lynn
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Jan 29, 2019 07:55PM)
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeDkGnyDv9o
:)
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Jan 29, 2019 08:09PM)
[quote]On Jan 26, 2019, rockwall wrote:
Who knew John C Reilly was such a good actor!?!? [/quote]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfNIYUvPrsM :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blvjvyFU45M
[quote]On Jan 29, 2019, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeDkGnyDv9o
:) [/quote]

Absolutely hilarious. Thanx
And speaking of Stan and Ollie, perhaps they are the act that so many others are derivative of. Lynn
I can't believe nobody thought of this;

[youtube]BtV_nQKhkdY[/youtube]
[quote]On Jan 26, 2019, Mindpro wrote:
LOL! Bored in Mexico?

Bang Zoom! or Yabba-Dabba-Doo? [/quote]
Roseanne sure as hell is no Betty Rubble.
[quote]On Feb 15, 2019, ringmaster wrote:
[quote]On Jan 26, 2019, Mindpro wrote:
LOL! Bored in Mexico?

Bang Zoom! or Yabba-Dabba-Doo? [/quote]
Roseanne sure as hell is no Betty Rubble. [/quote]

I have no idea what this could possibly mean. Are you just mentioning random people and cartoon characters?
Yea' moron I, You can go roast in hell too.
Was that a sentence of some sort? I'm sorry man this whole thread was a joke. You brought up Rosanne and I didn't know why.The CLOSEST I could manage to figure is that Rosie O'Donnell played Betty in the movie and they both have black hair.

I can't tell if you're calling me a moron for some reason or what is going on but I do get that for whatever reason you are angry. Dude if it was a joke I simply did not get it. I can't connect the dots I am sorry. My bad. But certainly no reason to be angry.
Hell is gettin' crowded...
I'm not disputing my position in it. Just wondering why I go for THIS!
[quote]On Feb 15, 2019, Dannydoyle wrote:
Was that a sentence of some sort? I'm sorry man this whole thread was a joke. You brought up Rosanne and I didn't know why.The CLOSEST I could manage to figure is that Rosie O'Donnell played Betty in the movie and they both have black hair.

I can't tell if you're calling me a moron for some reason or what is going on but I do get that for whatever reason you are angry. Dude if it was a joke I simply did not get it. I can't connect the dots I am sorry. My bad. But certainly no reason to be angry. [/quote]
My mistake, Roseanne and Rosie played each other on a long ago Saturday Nite Live.
If you watched the news today, you would understand why I'm just calming down enough to type. I am probably not safe to be around yet.
Nothing personal.
I stopped watching the news years ago...
I stopped taking stuff out on others years ago.

Especially the news.
[quote]On Jan 27, 2019, arthur stead wrote:
I read the other day that millennials are complaining that Seinfeld is “super offensive.” If THAT’S offensive, I wonder how long it will be before The Honeymooners are denounced by the P.C. Police. Or The Flintstones, for that matter.
Jerry Seinfeld stopped playing any collage concerts a couple of years back, for that reason. On the other hand
female comics do absolutely filthy acts that would have embarrassed Lenny, to sell out, basically all woman audiences on campus stages all over.
As to not watching the news...

I believe in the nature of people (both good and bad) and choose to believe that there are good people out there (news location) that will handle the crisis. Me being so many, many miles away cannot do anything but spike my blood pressure over it; so I don't partake.

My plate is full enough without stressing about things I cannot change. Unfortunately, that is the nature of 24 hour news. Fear and outrage sells.

As to the [i]other[/i] thing. I still believe [b]he[/b] would make a splendid magician with his astounding powers of misdirection. A little flash and flair and everyone is looking at the [i]curtain[/i] while he does the real trick.

In another thread (which has since [i]vanished[/i] I made an analogy about the prison system being drug free. Since they have all that fencing, walls, and prison guards; and to include strip searches and cell searches, there cannot be any drugs in the prison systems. Correlation aside... it is logical non?
Absolutely about the news. I feel the same way about whoever is a temporary occupant of any office. They change. No need to get uptight about it.

And you can put any politician in for the HE you are talking about and be pretty close to the truth. You may not believe this but you can even put in those you agree with and admire and be right.

But lets keep this with the Flintstones please and try to forget the random lashing out at me for no reason. No need to get THIS thread deleted.
Agreed.

Somewhere along the way I think folks (being caught up in all the above) have forgotten that we are on the same team...
Yea ALL of us in reality. Most tend to forget such things.

The Flintstones is derivative of the Honeymooners.

[/quote]

What about the great Gazoo?
OH man he is my favorite.
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Feb 17, 2019 06:31PM)
[quote]On Feb 17, 2019, imgic wrote: What about the great Gazoo? [/quote] Kind of on loan from My Favorite Martian - but he was fun. I liked the show. The modern/stone age gags were fun :)
[quote]On Feb 17, 2019, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
[quote]On Feb 17, 2019, imgic wrote: What about the great Gazoo? [/quote] Kind of on loan from My Favorite Martian - but he was fun.[/quote]
I see your point, Jonathan,but wasn't Gazoo copied from Mister Mxyzptlk?
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Feb 17, 2019 08:22PM)
* not sure - did Mxy ever wear a helmet with antennae?

Poloponies! :D

Back to the OP topic - Betty. Wilma seems kinda at odds with her mother.
Well now, this topic has not been deleted and Danny has not been banned. Instead, it's been one of the more enjoyable topics I've ever read in the often caustic "Not Very Magical..." forum. Thanx to all who've kept me laughing here. btw, I'm in a jazz band who playes the Flintstone's theme which is a jazz standard! Lynn
[quote]On Mar 7, 2019, lynnef wrote:
Well now, this topic has not been deleted and Danny has not been banned. Instead, it's been one of the more enjoyable topics I've ever read in the often caustic "Not Very Magical..." forum. Thanx to all who've kept me laughing here. btw, I'm in a jazz band who playes the Flintstone's theme which is a jazz standard! Lynn [/quote]

Flintstone theme and Birdland are two of my favorites to play.