(Close Window)
Topic: FLUX OR SIXTH SENSE 3.0 ?
Hi, I have the sixth sense 3.0 by hugo shelley but I see the presentation trailer of the theory11 of the flux by craig filicetti (promystic), do you have the flux ? can you tell me the difference ? it's better the flux ?, the sixth sense it's so great but more expensive, thank you :)
Why don't you go read the reviews?
Hi Ralphprime, I see you may be new to the Cafť, so welcome! There are some reviews on both Flux and 6th sense. here is a link to Flux https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=681187&forum=82 and here is a link to 6th sense 3.0 https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=666878&forum=218
The flux review it's not available, IAIN because I don't know where it's possibile see the reviews
In latest and greatest... But, wait til you hit 50 posts, and there's a thread in a secret area called Inner Thoughts. It'll turn up in search for you too.
I like Flux a lot but it's all I have. Can't say whether or not you should replace your SS3 but Flux does what is supposed to and does it well.

Dave
What is the exact size of Flux if removed from the shell?
Still couldn't find the review 😞
Go with the flux... The customer support you will get from Craig plus a quality product will be worth it......
I have both SS3 and Flux. The SS3 is definitely more sensitive and the vibration a lot easier to feel, especially if worn on wrist.
The dimensions of Flux removed from the shell are: L=35mm W=13mm H=7mm
Flux is the best electronic approach I have ever tried. Exceptionally good product!
I've had flux for a few weeks now and it has quickly become one of my favourite bits of kit. The mere fact that you can use the tech with seemingly empty hands is just too *** awesome! Love it, love it, love it!!!
[quote]On Feb 18, 2019, Looch wrote:
Flux is the best electronic approach I have ever tried. Exceptionally good product! [/quote]

Absolutely agree with this!
I have been a devoted user of the sixth sense since version 1. I have always found it to be 100% reliable, easy to use, exceptional range. I opted for version 2 and 2.5 instead of Pro Mysticís Scan 3D. I was incredibly excited about version 3, and bought it, instantly.

Truthfully, I have noticed issues with version 3 that I never experienced with the others. False reads, vibrations that wouldnít stop, and the unit would, from time to time, just stop functioning. With the app, I was able to sort the sensitivity issues out, and it works almost flawlessly, now.

Then came Flux. I saw the video, read some reviews and despite being happy with SS 3.0, Craigís quality, the reviews, and the price were too tempting. After a few weeks of use, I can say without reservation - this is the best device on the market for m****t detection, by a country mile. Sensitivity is perfect, it has been 100% reliable, and even though the detection distance is a few inches - with the haptic vibration, you can literally place the unit on the spectators hand and they will feel NOTHING. Iíve never given the whole ď what if the spectator feels the vibrationĒ worry a single thought, but accidentally discovering this made me smile.

For proof, put a coin in your hand and lay flux right on the back of your hand. You wonít ferl a thing - but sure enough, the unit is buzzing like Crazy!

So, in my opinion - if you donít have a device of this kind - Flux canít be beat. If you do - definitely consider the upgrade. Craigís quality and service are unmatched.
I have nothing to compare it against, but Flux is great imo.
Thanks Demitri, you alleviated my concern over the vibration "traveling".
Not sure why people would use flux under a watch? I actually prefer not to have a watch on at all and keep sleeves rolled up. It eliminates another potential 'I know how it's done option from the mind of the spec...
Can someone please tell me if the Flux finger shell is malleable so that it will fit any finger snugly? As an owner of Silent Assistant I am concerned about fit and concealment. Thank you.
Eric.
[quote]On Mar 4, 2019, erichoudini wrote:
Can someone please tell me if the Flux finger shell is malleable so that it will fit any finger snugly? As an owner of Silent Assistant I am concerned about fit and concealment. Thank you.
Eric. [/quote]

The issue I have with Flux is the finger shell. It does not fit me well at all. It is not a universal fit.
Thank you rowdymagi5.
Eric.
[quote]On Mar 4, 2019, rowdymagi5 wrote:
Eric. [/quote]

The issue I have with Flux is the finger shell. It does not fit me well at all. It is not a universal fit. [/quote]

While I canít be absolutely sure, if the sensor is removed (obviously) and the the finger shell is placed in warm to hot water, it will likely make this more amenable to size adjustment. I havenít done this but it should work.

Has anyone tried this?
[quote]On Mar 4, 2019, Waters. wrote:
Eric. [/quote]

The issue I have with Flux is the finger shell. It does not fit me well at all. It is not a universal fit. [/quote]

While I canít be absolutely sure, if the sensor is removed (obviously) and the the finger shell is placed in warm to hot water, it will likely make this more amenable to size adjustment. I havenít done this but it should work.

Has anyone tried this? [/quote]

Seems like that would work. I had mine in a vest pocket, and it held a bit of a bend just from siting there. The shell seems mailable enough to be shaped, but I havenít intentionally tried.
Hi All - very interesting to read your thoughts about Flux which I've just ordered, but I have a quick question that you may be able to help with concerning the coin you need to use. Will any m******* coin work or does it need to be super strong? Any recommendations for a British coin? £2 preferably but I guess anything would do - the unit doesn't come with a coin as standard as far as I know. Thanks for your help.
[quote]On Apr 1, 2019, adrianfox wrote:
Hi All - very interesting to read your thoughts about Flux which I've just ordered, but I have a quick question that you may be able to help with concerning the coin you need to use. Will any m******* coin work or does it need to be super strong? Any recommendations for a British coin? £2 preferably but I guess anything would do - the unit doesn't come with a coin as standard as far as I know. Thanks for your help. [/quote]

From everything I've read about Flux, it is more sensitive and picks up even a m******c quarter. I'm guessing that you should be able to easily find something local that will work for you.

What about the color? Does it fit different skin tones?
[quote]On Apr 2, 2019, prankmonster wrote:

What about the color? Does it fit different skin tones? [/quote]
It fits inside the finger, much like a sanada and is cloaked in shade. If you forget itís there ( as with a sanada) no-one will be any the wiser
[quote]On Apr 5, 2019, roblane wrote:
[quote]On Apr 2, 2019, prankmonster wrote:

What about the color? Does it fit different skin tones? [/quote]
It fits inside the finger, much like a sanada and is cloaked in shade. If you forget itís there ( as with a sanada) no-one will be any the wiser [/quote]

Unless of course you are waving your hand over their hand to "detect" which hand the coin is in . Which makes people naturally curious if you have something in your hand. Personally, I prefer to have an empty hand to dispell any notion that I am using an electronic device. Which is why I would prefer to have the device hidden under a watch strap or in a pocket. Not sure Flux can work that way though.
[quote]On Apr 5, 2019, rowdymagi5 wrote:

Unless of course you are waving your hand over their hand to "detect" which hand the coin is in . Which makes people naturally curious if you have something in your hand. Personally, I prefer to have an empty hand to dispell any notion that I am using an electronic device. Which is why I would prefer to have the device hidden under a watch strap or in a pocket. Not sure Flux can work that way though. [/quote]

Exactly my thoughts. It seems like spec would be more interested in your hands during a which hand routine than anything else. Having an empty hand makes sense. Since Flux is self contained, I would have to imagine the unit has to be fairly close to the spec hand and probably you can't have it in a pocket? And it may be too big to be hidden under a watch strap.
[quote]On Apr 6, 2019, prankmonster wrote:
[quote]On Apr 5, 2019, rowdymagi5 wrote:

Unless of course you are waving your hand over their hand to "detect" which hand the coin is in . Which makes people naturally curious if you have something in your hand. Personally, I prefer to have an empty hand to dispell any notion that I am using an electronic device. Which is why I would prefer to have the device hidden under a watch strap or in a pocket. Not sure Flux can work that way though. [/quote]

Exactly my thoughts. It seems like spec would be more interested in your hands during a which hand routine than anything else. Having an empty hand makes sense. Since Flux is self contained, I would have to imagine the unit has to be fairly close to the spec hand and probably you can't have it in a pocket? And it may be too big to be hidden under a watch strap. [/quote]

Exactly right. Too big to hide under watch band. Needs to be fairly close to hand.
Hi gang!

Before I drop some coin on a flux unit, I'm looking for alternatives for a m******* coin. Being where I'm from using a US quarter, or a GB pound, might be a little weird.

I'm thinking a m******* poker chip or die. But to make sense in the presentation I'm hoping to do, I'm leaning towards putting section of m******* sheet/ paper in a folded bill.

Has anyone toyed around with this idea before?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks!
You can buy magnetic stones or pebbles at mindfx and at alakazam, that seems more inconspicuous than a poker chip to me
Hi, I used to own Sixth Sense 3 however sold it and now find myself in need of one or similar. I see a fair few Flux devices for sale however I'm wondering if anyone can share the main differences between Flux and Scan 3D. I've had the pleasure of seeing Scan 3D but unfortunately don't know anyone with Flux. From what I understand Flux is a self contained unit and can't be used with a PM receiver? Also when out of the 'shell' is the unit of similar size? It also seems to work on haptics rather than a full on vibration if I'm correct?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks,

Chris
[quote]On Sep 12, 2019, seededbap wrote:
Hi, I used to own Sixth Sense 3 however sold it and now find myself in need of one or similar. I see a fair few Flux devices for sale however I'm wondering if anyone can share the main differences between Flux and Scan 3D. I've had the pleasure of seeing Scan 3D but unfortunately don't know anyone with Flux. From what I understand Flux is a self contained unit and can't be used with a PM receiver? Also when out of the 'shell' is the unit of similar size? It also seems to work on haptics rather than a full on vibration if I'm correct?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks,

Chris [/quote]

Yes that is the main difference Flux is self contiained as Scan 3D is not.
I have both Sixth Sense 3.0 and Flux. I purchased Sixth Sense 3.0 from Tannen's here in NYC and Flux from ProMystic directly. They both work very well. On the pro side for Sixth Sense 3.0, I like the fact that there is an iPhone App which allows customization (even though the sensitivity can be set without the app). On the pro side for Flux, I like the fact that it is smaller and can be fingerpalmed and I LOVE that it uses button cells. I don't need to worry about replacing a rechargable lithium batery with Flux. Unlike Hugo's In****t Pro, which has a great rechargable lithium button cell that can easily be replaced, I don't see an easy way to replace the rechargable battery in Sixth Sense 3.0.
I like flux. you only need to worry about one device - very easy to turn on and off. Also great reset.
Finally got my flux unit. Great piece of kit. It's all self contained. I can't speak for the other models, but I'm glad a lot of thought has been put in to give you confidence every time you perform. You're never worried if it's on or not, different options to receive the cue, etc.
Flux is a great gadget, in general everything from Promystic

tengo MD desde hace tiempo y funciona de maravilla ,Flux no lo tengo pero me lo enseŮů un compaŮero discreto efectivo y autonomo
Flux is far superior
I currently have a like-new Sixth Sense 3 available for about half the price of a new one. I simply donít use it enough to justify keeping it around. Great product, though!
Feel free to PM me.
Also be careful using these devices under a watch strap if you have a smart watch (like an apple watch). It seems to get false reads Ö I think triggered by the watch.
[quote]On Sep 13, 2019, Hinge Thunder wrote:
I have both Sixth Sense 3.0 and Flux. I purchased Sixth Sense 3.0 from Tannen's here in NYC and Flux from ProMystic directly. They both work very well. On the pro side for Sixth Sense 3.0, I like the fact that there is an iPhone App which allows customization (even though the sensitivity can be set without the app). On the pro side for Flux, I like the fact that it is smaller and can be fingerpalmed and I LOVE that it uses button cells. I don't need to worry about replacing a rechargable lithium batery with Flux. Unlike Hugo's In****t Pro, which has a great rechargable lithium button cell that can easily be replaced, I don't see an easy way to replace the rechargable battery in Sixth Sense 3.0. [/quote]

Not being able to change or remove batteries is deal breaker for me. Especially since I may not use the device for periods of time, I feel is best to remove the battery to prevent leakage or other problems when a battery is not used or charged. Since Flux has a removeable battery, it sounds better for my purpose.