(Close Window)
Topic: Any effects with $1/$5 "doublefaced" bill
Are there any effects out there for a "double facer" bill?
I think I've seen some, but don't remember now... but do you have a source for them? Or just glue them together yourself?

John
Blake Vogt has a tutorial on splitting dollar bills, like cards. There are some more creative things I am doing with it, but this seems like an obvious gaff to make.
[quote]On Feb 9, 2019, IncantoMagic wrote:
Blake Vogt has a tutorial on splitting dollar bills, like cards. There are some more creative things I am doing with it, but this seems like an obvious gaff to make. [/quote]

Good but not easy.
Some effects & related w/double sided bills:

- Topsy Turvy bills: you deal the bills onto table alternately up and down; then poof, they are all up
(a give away with Ultimate Slow Motion Bill Transposition)

- Ups and Downs, Bill Severn's Impromptu Magic; taught with business cards, but the ploy could be applied to bills. It is basically like the classic effect of a beer bottle in a tube and the spec tries to follow your turning things over.

- Topys Turvy Follow Me: Tarbell v7p116. Similar effect to above but doesn't use a gimmick (but you could)

- Big Bucks (commercial effect with large bills): I don't own this, but if you look at the video, you will get some ideas to use dbl-sided bills & false counts to effect some transformations

- polaroid-money Outdone appears to be a very similar effect as Big Bucks has, but with regular size money

- A Giant Mystery in Wilson's Complete Course, p141 will teach you some moves that help disguise the presence of a dbl facer

Big Bucks and polaroid-money Outdone seem the strongest effects of the above, but I gave you some card SOH that would help you create your own methods.

John
I think you have a good point here, Incanto. What about applying some card gimmick ideas to bills?
Bills are less suspect if the right, natural looking gimmicks are chosen. Thanks so much for making me think.
blessings.