(Close Window)
Topic: Inject vs wikitest Repeatability
Hi all! Wondering about the repeatability of wikitest vs inject 2.0 if the same group asks to see a specific trick again? If you are working with both, do you find one is more your “go to” than another? Thanks for the input..
I have both. I use both. They are both wonderful tools. Here's the short answer...

I wouldn't repeat the same effect for a group. However, this is where Inject can really shine. Inject is not just one thing but is a whole family of effects. In a group setting, you could move from one effect to another with Inject and it wouldn't look or feel the same.

However, I personally never perform more than one thing at a time that uses a phone. If everything you do requires the use of a phone, it will at some point arouse suspicion.
I agree with Steven.

I never perform more than one "phone" effect ... two is pushing it.

To answer your question about a group asking to see a trick again ... never repeat the same trick.

Simply say "Let me show you something better"!

Regarding which is your "go to" effect, that's up to you.

Many Inject users like the Push Notifications feature because it allows them to perform without any preparation.
As long as your phone is got power in your pocket, you're good to go (even if your phone is asleep).

If you don't have your phone, or your phone is dead, you can perform with two borrowed phones.

cheers,
Greg Rostami
Thanks Steven. I agree with your points. As I read the multiple threads for both, I envisioned that wikitest would beg for someone in the group to say “do me!” Makes sense if they believe you can read their minds, you should be able to do everyone, right? And I also believed that Greg’s greatly reviewed Inject would offer the upside of variety as an out. Kudos to Greg by the way, and thanks for the personal response from the developer. Nice to see!
Also, just a shout out to Frederic da Silva - saw his Paranormal mentalism show in Vegas last week, and he was a smash. Nice guy. Signed for everyone after the show and did an any number with every single person in line. So good he even got me lol.
WikiTest is absolutely supposed to be a one-off effect.
However, it’s designed to give the magician a lot of mileage in the routine for various reveals, and is built to be carefully tailored to its effect.

I do have other apps for sale too capable of other effects should you wish to perform multiple tricks involving phones. Each of them are focused on one main effect, and some of them are even free.

Thanks,
Marc
Thanks for the reply Marc. I appreciate the clarity!
No problem.

Should you be interested, as I posted on another thread, here’s a very basic performance video of WikiTest being performed live on stage.
(This is simply the basic performance without the extra bells and whistles that WikiTest also offers.)

[url=http://marc.ph/wikitestvideo.php?performance]WikiTest Live Performance[/url]

Thanks
But there are lot of polssibiities to repeat with inject without havindg ur phone into play
If you cannot repeat it...How good could it be?
With proper premise and some creative wording I repeat them often.
Why would you ever repeat a trick? The surprise at the end gets the biggest reactions. If you repeat, there's no surprise and you obviously won't get as strong reactions.