(Close Window)
Topic: Stage Hypnosis Training in N.Y.C.
I'm looking for stage hypnosis training and resources in the New York / New Jersey area. I've read most of Ormond McGill's works and practiced on friends, but would like to get some hands on training from experienced teachers. Any suggestions?
George Bien, who designed the master-level trainings for the NGH, is a good friend of mine and a great instructor. Check out http://www.GeorgeBien.com.

He doesn't teach straight stage hypnosis per se, mostly therapeutic techniques, but he does teach a lot of fundamentals, rapid inductions, and group hypnosis (alot of his students went on to do stage hypnosis).

And, he doesn't keep secrets. He's an open book; he'll teach you whatever you need to know.

(Note: once you complete the training, you are eligible for membership in the NGH. When you become a member, rent out some videos by Ormond and the like from their video library. This is a much better way to learn from Ormond, since you get to review what he does over and over.)
Where can the Ormond mcgill books be purchased...
Dude, go to a magic store.

Or, try amazon.com (do a search for "Ormond McGill")
Actually, I recently saw a full page add somewhere for an Ormand McGill hypnotism workshop (maybe in Genii or Magic, I can't remember). I think it's in Florida though. Probably too far for you to commute.

Mark