(Close Window)
Topic: Rubiked by Vincent Tarrit
Rubiked is a brand new concept in Rubikís Cube magic, pushing the limit of prediction effects even further! Get ready to discover a cube which allows you to predict the result of a complete random shuffle in your spectatorsí hands. And guess what? Thereís no manipulation, you donít even need to take the cube back or even see it.

You can now reveal your prediction on your smartphone with a photo (from your gallery) taken few hours before your performance. Your spectators can clearly see their cube and the one from the photo matching perfectly (even though they just shuffled it, freely.)!

ONE PREDICTION, MULTIPLE PLATFORMS

Youíre not limited to the photo-in-gallery prediction but can predict the cube configuration on YOUR WEBSITE (enjoy the web traffic generator). A Google Images (soon) version is also included, allowing your spectators to access the prediction on THEIR phones
[youtube]zzTBS_Fugog[/youtube]
https://gentlemens-magic.com/en/accueil/25-rubiked-vincent-tarrit.html?SubmitCurrency=1&id_currency=2
Very cool.
Can it link with FB?
Canít you do this with the giiker cube already? Olly
This is like a giiker cube combined with an app that allows you to present the reveal as a photo on your phone or website.
Some may prefer presenting this as a prediction rather than a divination.
Yes I agree Videoman but with my Giiker I can forward the result instantly to my website instantly with no app I just press the forward button literally at the bottom of the screen? Olly
Itís almost like this guys are trying to reinvent the wheel? This stuff is already out there and costs next to nothing. Olly
I do have the Giiker but can't find the forward button, in which page is it please?
Itís when I have it on Bluetooth to my iPhone X. Pm me if you canít find it and I will try to find out where it can be found on your device, Olly
You will need a website too, just saying :)
[quote]On Feb 25, 2019, Maxy wrote:
Rubiked is a brand new concept in Rubikís Cube magic, pushing the limit of prediction effects even further! Get ready to discover a cube which allows you to predict the result of a complete random shuffle in your spectatorsí hands. And guess what? Thereís no manipulation, you donít even need to take the cube back or even see it.

You can now reveal your prediction on your smartphone with a photo (from your gallery) taken few hours before your performance. Your spectators can clearly see their cube and the one from the photo matching perfectly (even though they just shuffled it, freely.)!

ONE PREDICTION, MULTIPLE PLATFORMS

Youíre not limited to the photo-in-gallery prediction but can predict the cube configuration on YOUR WEBSITE (enjoy the web traffic generator). A Google Images (soon) version is also included, allowing your spectators to access the prediction on THEIR phones
[youtube]zzTBS_Fugog[/youtube]
https://gentlemens-magic.com/en/accueil/25-rubiked-vincent-tarrit.html?SubmitCurrency=1&id_currency=2 [/quote]

This absolute brilliant app I own the giker cube I have puplshed work on it.
I perform this all the time itís one of the best things I picked up at Blackpool.

I own a lot of these cubes but I do like my spares.

The fact this goes to your website or Camra roll is awesome itís easy to do and the pictures it generates looks authentic.

Kieron johnson
Yeah Kieron but you donít need this to send your Giiker cube result to a destination. You can even screenshot the result from your Giiker in its simplest form and send it anywhere? Olly
[quote]On Feb 25, 2019, Oil&Water wrote:
Yeah Kieron but you donít need this to send your Giiker cube result to a destination. You can even screenshot the result from your Giiker in its simplest form and send it anywhere? Olly [/quote]

This is brilliantly thought out the picture looks amazing a screen shot looks terrible.
You canít compare a screenshot to this.

I donít normally comment on posts but itís a great idear with the app I love photo prediction magic.

Kind regards

Kieron
Is it possible to only buy access to the app if we already have a giiker?
I'm curious if it uses a standard off the shelf giiker cube or if it has been modified in any way.
If it's a regular giiker the app seems like kind of an expensive add on.
[quote]On Feb 25, 2019, videoman wrote:
I'm curious if it uses a standard off the shelf giiker cube or if it has been modified in any way.
If it's a regular giiker the app seems like kind of an expensive add on. [/quote]

I paid 80 pounds at Blackpool which I thought was a fair price it comes with the newest model giker plus stickers if you want to change them.

The app is good itís user friendly and easy to understand.

I have some apps on my phone Iíve paid 300 for I would of happily paid 80 for the app.

The giker apps canít do what this does I have been using the giker in my act for ages I life the photo reveal Iím using it in my final reveal of my parole shows.

Kind regards

Kieron
[quote]On Feb 25, 2019, kieronthemighty wrote:
[quote]On Feb 25, 2019, videoman wrote:
If it's a regular giiker the app seems like kind of an expensive add on. [/quote]

I paid 80 pounds at Blackpool which I thought was a fair price it comes with the newest model giker plus stickers if you want to change them.

The app is good itís user friendly and easy to understand.

I have some apps on my phone Iíve paid 300 for I would of happily paid 80 for the app.

The giker apps canít do what this does I have been using the giker in my act for ages I life the photo reveal Iím using it in my final reveal of my parole shows.

Kind regards

Kieron [/quote]

Ps parlour lol
I hope if they sell the app only without the cube because many of us have this cube already.
^ second that
80 pounds is a very fair price considering the modifications. I would definitely re sticker mine though.
Did they raise the price already? It is showing $174.00
In that case itís a ripoff
[quote]On Feb 26, 2019, pegasus wrote:

In that case itís a ripoff [/quote]

I agree, $175 is a ripoff.

IMO the App don't warrant a hefty price of $125 (excluded the cost of the cube) . I suggest use the free Giiker App, and that's all you need to pull-off this effect.

:xmas:
The giiker has an open API Environnement, I'll see if I can work something up that I could share with community, 125$ is a lot for what it does, specially when you compare to apps like inject, dfb, wikitest, the art of predictions or ithumper that let you do so much.

125$ for that one effect is a lot IMHO, I wish all the best to Vincent but I'll pass on this one.
Now is $145.
I will go my own route and play with the APIs myself.
Hello, I'm Vincent the creator. Thank you for you good or bad message. It always helps. I will answer to you a little bit, for now the picture (realistic not like the super cube app) can go in you camera roll and website. the price of 80£ was for the pre-release in blackpool. but now we fix the bug and listen everyone for new effect. we have already a list of 15 news effects and the 15th April they will be released. At least some of them, and the rest in the future. The price goes up to pay those new effect !

I will be happy to speak with you about the trick !
Pleasure
Of course, the creator can ask how much they think it is fair - but with Inject and WikiTest at $75.00, I personally can't justify this for the double of the price, doing much less.
80 pounds is a very fair price considering the modifications. I would definitely re sticker mine though. [/quote]

Pegasus, what modifications are you referring to?

Based on what I've seen, with the exception of maybe one orange sticker, the cube isn't modded in any way and is the same exact thing you receive if you were to purchase it elsewhere (although a couple modifications are taught in the instructions as a DIY, but it's up to you whether you decide to do them.)
I know for a fact that you can create a very strong effect using your Giiker as it is as Ustaad says, you can also still send an image to your website that to a lay audience that is a miracle and looks more then good enough without this app.
Itís way way overpriced for a slightly better image sent to your webpage imho, Itís literally just my opinion and your mileage may vary. Olly
I'm gutted I missed this at Blackpool for 80 pounds, sadly I couldn't make it.

Oil&Water could you post up an image from your website, so we can see the image quality that you mention?

Thanks in advance
DR
Hi David if you have a Giiker cube you will probably already know that it mirrors the turns made by the spectator and that shows up on your smartphone.
If you screenshot that final image when they have finished mixing you obviously can turn around and both cubes match, which is wonderful in itself as Ustaad mentions.
That screenshot image if taken allows you using the bottom left forward button to send it to your website or wherever you like infact.
I am not saying itís a better image than the app image sold here, infact it definately isnít but itís still a photo of the solved cube and it may not be good enough for purists but to a layman itís still a strong moment imo.
It just seemed a lot of money for the app, but to be fair I did not know it was £80 at Blackpool so I was only going on the $175 price I saw it advertised a few days ago on here, at £80 however itís a different ball game and probably well worth the extra quality it can give you.
Very best wishes Olly 🙂
Thanks Oil & Water, I pretty much get your post above. But its a deal breaker for me the quality of the image. I'd want a perfect image in my gallery on my cell phone, and I'd be prepared to pay for it.

Some posts back you said this .....

Yes I agree Videoman but with my Giiker I can forward the result instantly to my website instantly with no app I just press the forward button literally at the bottom of the screen? Olly

Can you post an image of the Rubik from your website, so I can draw my own conclusions?

Thanks
DR
I will take a screenshot and pm you it in the next couple of days to show exactly how it looks. Itís the giiker app end result screen shot and it looks like a photo of the app end result like you would see normally in your gallery but like I say it can be forwarded instead to your website etc. Olly
Great thanks very much Oil & Water much appreciated. I have seen the Gilker app end result. Its the end result on a website I want to see?

I must of misunderstood one of your posts! I though you'd said you had had used this process on your own website?

Sorry for the confusion!

DR
Hi David I have used it on my website to send it there to see whether it worked when I first bought the Giiker about 2 months ago . I donít have a running feed on there so I deleted it as I was just seeing whether it worked on not which it did.
I can do it again to show you no bother at all as it may not be your cup of tea as itís literally a screenshot that appears in the latest news section, I am sure with a more eleborated and far more advanced website like yours is it would look much more professional on a running feed with this app.
It serves my purpose if I chose that route but with my limited performances of just a basic routine with the Giiker where I just go out the room until they have finished mixing , then returning with an identical matched cube is ok for me.
My photo is just an added kicker that maybe overkill for the way I am performing it thus far, itís a great cube the Giiker though I must admit. Olly
[quote]On Feb 27, 2019, Oil&Water wrote:
Hi David I have used it on my website to send it there to see whether it worked when I first bought the Giiker about 2 months ago . I donít have a running feed on there so I deleted it as I was just seeing whether it worked on not which it did.
I can do it again to show you no bother at all as it may not be your cup of tea as itís literally a screenshot that appears in the latest news section, I am sure with a more eleborated and far more advanced website like yours is it would look much more professional on a running feed with this app.
It serves my purpose if I chose that route but with my limited performances of just a basic routine with the Giiker where I just go out the room until they have finished mixing , then returning with an identical matched cube is ok for me.
My photo is just an added kicker that maybe overkill for the way I am performing it thus far, itís a great cube the Giiker though I must admit. Olly [/quote]

I would to see it on your website please can you give us a link so we can see it.

Iím intrigued how you can edit upload and put on your website in real time.

Kind regards

Kieron
Also leaving a room is not a option in a real working environment.
With Vincent excellent app you donít need to leave the room.

I agree they have increased the price way to much 80 it was a bargain.
I bought the original cubes in Asia for a dirt cheap price. I personally think they should launch the app for 70 to 80.

Iím looking forward to the updates

Kind regards

Kieron
[quote]On Feb 27, 2019, Oil&Water wrote:

My photo is just an added kicker that maybe overkill for the way I am performing it thus far, itís a great cube the Giiker though I must admit. Olly [/quote]

So a spec will generally mix the cube in a matter of seconds and then you must return to the room pretty quickly to avoid any unnecessary dead time but still managing to have uploaded a screen shot of their cube to your website AND also solving a cube to match their cube?

Holy cow, you must be a super cube ninja wizard. Forget the screen shot, that matching cube routine is something I would definitely like to see.

Oh wait, maybe you just forgot to mention that you just draw one side their cube like in Kieron's routine?
Hi Kieron that is not the way I plan to present it but have just so far for friends in a formal dinner setting. I would probably do it back to back but I am trying to work out the best effects with it but it does have massive potential.
My website which I hasten to add I didnít make myself but I got it done professionally has a gallery where I can forward a photo straight to that gallery whenever I like. I can even send it to a section called latest and it will appear in both my photo gallery and my latest gallery.
Itís nothing revolutionary I can assure you if that and itís pretty main stream from my limited knowledge of these things, who created your website?
Regards Olly
IMHO around 60$ price point for the app only will be fair. Also if it will be digital product it will save the creator from the hassle of packaging and shipping and it will be better for users specially overseas users. I mean by digital is to send the link and activation code by email.
[quote]On Feb 27, 2019, kieronthemighty wrote:

[b]I agree they have increased the price way to much 80 it was a bargain[/b].
[/quote]

Sure it was a bargain at £80 - You got the Cube + the App.

[b]I personally think they should launch the app for 70 to 80[/b].
[/quote]

Just the App at £70 to 80 is not a fair pricing [b]IMHO[/b]. With that the whole thing works out to £130 with the latest version of Giiker Cube.

[b]Note:[/b] We do understand that the pricing of an effect/app/book etc. is the sole prerogative of the creator. So the last word will be - 'Take It or Leave It'. ;)

[b]And as for:-[/b]

Also leaving a room is not a option in a real working environment.
[b]With Vincent excellent app you donít need to leave the room[/b].
[/quote]

IMO, any magician worth his salt should be able to pull-off this effect by using the free Giiker App. It's a NO brainer.

This might help those seeking an answer to the above - https://www.howtogeek.com/267320/how-to-automatically-upload-your-phones-photos-to-dropbox/ - - Please Note: I haven't given this a try.

Many of you know before this was released we released the same basic effect free and it is still there on our website.

To be completely honest this is an improvement on the standard Giiker app idea we released, it is easier to use and looks a lot better.

The £80 price was a Blackpool price, many new releases are far cheaper at Blackpool than they will be on release, our new release will be more than we were selling them for at Blackpool, it is not ripping people of it is just how the market works when you distribute products worldwide and the benefit of buying direct at a convention from the creator.

If you can use the free version we released that that is great but Kieron has moved over to this version because it is easier, looks better and has more features.

Wether you value this and the extra features built in is up to you and we are told improvements are on the way to make it even better.

These guys have a good product and don't really deserve the bashing they are getting here.
[quote]On Feb 28, 2019, Saturn UK wrote:
Many of you know before this was released we released the same basic effect free and it is still there on our website.

To be completely honest this is an improvement on the standard Giiker app idea we released, it is easier to use and looks a lot better.

The £80 price was a Blackpool price, many new releases are far cheaper at Blackpool than they will be on release, our new release will be more than we were selling them for at Blackpool, it is not ripping people of it is just how the market works when you distribute products worldwide and the benefit of buying direct at a convention from the creator.

If you can use the free version we released that that is great but Kieron has moved over to this version because it is easier, looks better and has more features.

Wether you value this and the extra features built in is up to you and we are told improvements are on the way to make it even better.

These guys have a good product and don't really deserve the bashing they are getting here. [/quote]

It a great effect I canít wait for the updates it does deserve a bit more love

Kind regards

Kieron
I love it
DR
Those who know Greg Rostami, will fully agree with me that Greg is a well known professional software developer with outstanding achievements, particularly in the field of Magic Application Programs. Greg has created some of the unique world class magic Apps that don't cost a fortune.

As for Rubiked, its not a question of bashing the App or its creator, rather we must consider the App in light of its capability and use. Said that, I have seen and used the Rubiked App and IMO it doesn't warrant the high price tag for an App that does one and only one thing - to send a screen capture to a desired website. Besides doing that, its a mediocre App IMO. I can continue to talk about the negatives of Rubiked App, but that will not be in the good interest of all.

Hence let us understand and agree that the Rubiked App do not warrant the high price tag. IMO the £80 Blackpool price (for the App + Cube) was quite reasonable and justifiable for such an App.

I write in the interest of our art - - MAGIC and its PEOPLE.

Just my opinion please.

[quote]On Feb 28, 2019, Ustaad wrote:
Those who know Greg Rostami, will fully agree with me that Greg is a well known professional software developer with outstanding achievements, particularly in the field of Magic Application Programs. Greg has created some of the unique world class magic Apps that don't cost a fortune.

As for Rubiked, its not a question of bashing the App or its creator, rather we must consider the App in light of its capability and use. Said that, I have seen and used the Rubiked App and IMO it doesn't warrant the high price tag for an App that does one and only one thing - to send a screen capture to a desired website. Besides doing that, its a mediocre App IMO. I can continue to talk about the negatives of Rubiked App, but that will not be in the good interest of all.

Hence let us understand and agree that the Rubiked App do not warrant the high price tag. IMO the £80 Blackpool price (for the App + Cube) was quite reasonable and justifiable for such an App.

Just my opinion please.

:xmas: [/quote]

I spoke to Vincent there will be additional updates in a few months there currently working on it.

I donít mean to be rude the effect is hardly medicocer I own pretty much all the current app on the market Iím also a beta tester for a couple of new ones.

For me and my audience the effect is impossible when layered right it becomes a miracle. The routine I use this in has lot of effects layed in to make this a strong ending for my parlour show I would say this one routine has taken a lot of time to put together and mony.

Vincent app is good if you like the effect it also a great out of someone asked to mix up your cube. I have personally suggested some extra things that will enhance this Iím hoping they add these to the updates.

Kieron
Yes its all opinion. I'd pay triple for most of Marc Kerstein apps, Wiki Test and Earworm particularly totally outstanding.
I'm afraid I don't agree with your statement; "Let us understand and agree that Rubiked don't warrant the high price tag". Of course I respect your opinion, but I think it will be worth every Euro.

Best
DR

Just my opinion please.

[quote]On Feb 28, 2019, kieronthemighty wrote:

[b]I have personally suggested some extra things that will enhance this Iím hoping they add these to the updates.[/b]
[/quote]

Hi Kieron,

The Giiker App lacks one important application. If the Rubiked App (besides doing some extra things) could read the positioning of the cube (i.e. the movement of the WHOLE cube) that would be one great achievement.

I wish the Rubiked App and its creator good luck and success.

Best regards,

Narendra

[quote]On Feb 28, 2019, kieronthemighty wrote:

[b]I have personally suggested some extra things that will enhance this Iím hoping they add these to the updates.[/b]
[/quote]

Hi Kieron,

The Giiker App lacks one important application. If the Rubiked App (besides doing some extra things) could read the positioning of the cube (i.e. the movement of the WHOLE cube) that would be one great achievement.

I wish the Rubiked App and its creator good luck and success.

Best regards,

Narendra

I will let you no when I get the update in a few months

Kind regards

Kieron
I love this app! There's been a number of responses regarding the stock app and whether this is needed - IMO yes, and it's worth the price tag for working professionals.

I have a routine I published, just before Rubiked was released that utilizes this technology to have a tangible prediction revealed from an envelope in your wallet using the stock app. This is a killer effect, which has been made much better by using the Rubiked app and is now the way I'm performing this routine.

Here are my advantages of the Rubiked app:
- The picture (this looks like a legitimate photograph of a cube compared to a computer generated image, which also steers any thinking away from tech. This for me was enough to warrant purchasing this as it looks exactly how it should.)
- The speed (one button click does the business, you don't even need to remove your device or look at it - this is key for working environments as you don't want to have your phone out faffing around with it for no reason).
- Website traffic (People visit your site, your web address is stored in their history. Add a facebook/instagram like or whatever on the reveal page and you gain extra followers, no need to hand out business cards)
- No cube solving needed (I can solve the cube, but friends of mine who purchased this on my recommendation don't have a clue and love the fact they can now perform and impossible cube effect without knowing any algorithms whatsoever.)

I noticed there's been a few comments in reference to price and Inject....well I can remember when Inject was first released and it was a lot cheaper than it is now and those people who bought it in the beginning have benefited from subsequent free upgrades and additional effect add-ons. It sounds to me like the Vincent wants to keep developing this app in a similar way and those who have already purchased will get these free of charge.

I can't wait to see what features are added in next and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this product.

Lastly just to respond to Ustaad's comment "The Giiker App lacks one important application. If the Rubiked App (besides doing some extra things) could read the positioning of the cube (i.e. the movement of the WHOLE cube) that would be one great achievement." This would be nice but isn't anything to do with the app but the technology in the device so isn't currently possible. I can't really see this would make a difference to the effect though if possible?
Its a shame the image canít show all 6 sides matched as when itís done live back to back with your spectator that is the scenario?
I know itís the same here but a layman may think the other 3 may not match as the prediction photo does not show them. Olly
[quote]On Feb 28, 2019, Oil&Water wrote:
Its a shame the image canít show all 6 sides matched as when itís done live back to back with your spectator that is the scenario?
I know itís the same here but a layman may think the other 3 may not match as the prediction photo does not show them. Olly [/quote]

It's a photo on your phone or website - A photo that you can reach into and turn things over or around or see all around has not been invented and a layman wound know this - Maybe you cound ask your friend Dave Forrest to invent one.
[quote]On Mar 1, 2019, Oil&Water wrote:
I know itís the same here but a layman may think the other 3 may not match as the prediction photo does not show them. Olly [/quote]

I don't think it's needed, but possible. The app will contain the info of the other side of the cube so could be added in an update. But if you were taking a photo why would you take a photo of both sides? I don't think you need to over prove it and I don't think it's needed.
[quote]On Feb 28, 2019, Oil&Water wrote:

Olly has a very legitimate query that should be of concern to others (who are using the Rubiked App) as well. In the free Giiker App one could rotate and view the cube on all its six sides on the phone, whereas the cube in the Rubiked App is fixed thus showing the tile colors of only three sides.

Thus with the Giiker free App, you need to take just two screenshots so as to see the tile colors on all the six sides of the cube. This is not possible with the Rubiked App.

For anyone wgo bought this at blackpool and using and android phone be carfull. The look out app ( viruse and malwear protection) flags the app as dangerous.

I even tried to reinstall it but now its just asking for a code again and dosnt work. Ive emailed the team 3 times via the address on their site last week and once via the form on their site last night to no reply.

So basicly the took the cash. Gave me a broken app that dosnt work and are now ignoring me.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10161465948310223&id=843745222
Thanks Ustaad, I thought well if you have solved 6 sides they have missed a trick not showing them all thatís all.
To Kevg I hope they show all 6 in a future update, ie the same as now but with 2 photos. Canít be that hard, can it?
To Rob.m when did I say Dave Forrest was my personal friend so I donít see what thatís got to do with this thread so move on please, and to Alan I hope they get back to you soon with a fix.
Good magic to all Cafť members. Olly
[quote]On Mar 1, 2019, Alan Rorrison wrote:
For anyone wgo bought this at blackpool and using and android phone be carfull. The look out app ( viruse and malwear protection) flags the app as dangerous.

I even tried to reinstall it but now its just asking for a code again and dosnt work. Ive emailed the team 3 times via the address on their site last week and once via the form on their site last night to no reply.

So basicly the took the cash. Gave me a broken app that dosnt work and are now ignoring me.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10161465948310223&id=843745222 [/quote]
I think it is false positive because the developer encrypted his code to prevent reverse engineering (cracking), many antiviruses can not scan encrypted code and mark it as not safe.
Very sad they didn't reply to you, I hope they will return to you soon.
Im now talking to the creator of the app. The issue I'm having is I didn't keep the gift card with the code for the app. I no longer thought I needed it. Who keeps used gift/code cards for apps?

With that asside he is stating the app is safe even though it is firing ofd any viruse protection I put on this phone.
Thankfully they have sent out a new code abd it didn't fire off my vp when entered so it looks like it was the encryption triggering it.

Thank you for sorting this out
Very good they sorted it out!.
Still we are waiting their reply about if they will sell the app only without the cube or no?.
Excellent news, Vincentís customer service sounds great and thatís very important with all magic but even more so with apps and electronic magical effects imo.
I am glad itís all working again for you Alan. Regards Olly
I hope so Maxy it would make sense as lots of us have had the Giiker for a good while now.
It would make business sense for Vincent too one would of thought as pre existing Giiker owners would Iím sure buy, especially with the additions coming in the future. Olly
Hello, we envisage to sell the app only the 15th April for the release. We are thinking of the best solution.

I hope that everyone will be happy with Rubiked. I do my best for it !
[quote]On Mar 1, 2019, Oil&Water wrote:
I hope so Maxy it would make sense as lots of us have had the Giiker for a good while now.
It would make business sense for Vincent too one would of thought as pre existing Giiker owners would Iím sure buy, especially with the additions coming in the future. Olly [/quote]
I agree. Nothing to ship or to support physically. Win win.
There you go, thanks Vincent for the update top man. Olly
[quote]On Mar 1, 2019, vincenttarrit wrote:
Hello, we envisage to sell the app only the 15th April for the release. We are thinking of the best solution.

I hope that everyone will be happy with Rubiked. I do my best for it ! [/quote]
Thank you very much :)
Please let us know when/if the app-only edition is available for preorder.
This trick is awesome. My friend Tiffany performed this as part of her 365 Challenge but used Kev Gís Pixalated Routine to have the prediction printed on a picture.

Super strong. Really powerful. Hereís a link to her performance.

https://youtu.be/4myn9w56hpk
Nice performance by Tiffany.

[quote]On Mar 6, 2019, Craig Petty wrote:
This trick is awesome. My friend Tiffany performed this as part of her 365 Challenge but used Kev Gís Pixalated Routine to have the prediction printed on a picture.

https://youtu.be/4myn9w56hpk [/quote]
Very impressive routine and performance!
Is Pixelated available for sale anywhere?
BTW The cameraman did a good job! :)
Nice performance. But I think she need an assistant to send the photo.
[quote]On Mar 6, 2019, Michele wrote:

Nice performance. [b]But I think she need an assistant to send the photo[/b]. [/quote]

Yes.

Sending the screenshot directly from the cellphone to a micro-mini remote printer (sitting in a ladies purse) is a good way of pulling off this effect. This method can be adopted for various other applications as well. I don't understand as to why Tiffany took so much time to conclude the effect.

IMO, after mixing the cube by the spectator(s), the final mix should have been done under a handkerchief, thus nobody knowing the exact position of the tiles in a mixed cube.

[quote]On Mar 6, 2019, Ustaad wrote:

I don't understand as to why Tiffany took so much time to conclude the effect.

[/quote]
The printing process is not instant, it takes time,also some printers do multiple passes to print one photo.
[quote]On Mar 5, 2019, Craig Petty wrote:

https://youtu.be/4myn9w56hpk [/quote]

Glad to see Tiff wearing jeans now. ;)
[quote]On Mar 6, 2019, Michele wrote:
Nice performance. But I think she need an assistant to send the photo. [/quote]

Incorrect you not need help if you have it available then thatís your choice.

I have been doing a photo trick myself for the last 5 years close up.

The routine is a bounus on a upcoming release from Kev g it was a sell out at Blackpool,

It will be available from Saturn magic weíre filming the trailer next week.

Kind regards

Kieron
Is that you can only buy the Apps now? Thanks
Anyone can let me know is that need to press a button on iPhone to send the finished cube photo to camera roll. Thanks
[quote]On Mar 17, 2019, sharpace wrote:
Is that you can only buy the Apps now? Thanks [/quote]
Vincent said it is expected to be released in 15 April
[quote]On Mar 18, 2019, magichoka wrote:
Anyone can let me know is that need to press a button on iPhone to send the finished cube photo to camera roll. Thanks [/quote]
Logically, there should be an action from you to tell the app that the spectator finished mixing the cube, without this the app will save picture for every rotation of the cube. I imagine this will be subtle action like pressing the Vol up button or tapping the screen one time.
The instructions said need to pressi the Vol up button to send the finished cube image to camera roll.
I found it most helpful if they can upgrade their App to send the image direct to the printer. :)
Im still having issues conecting the cube on Android. Some times takes lots of attemps. Was told it was my bluetooth but it connects to the super cube app straight away .
Anyone else on Android having
I have the same problem when I use on Android phone.
Hello All,

I have read this whole thread with interest and would like to offer my personal comments.
We all get excited when we get back from Blackpool with our new purchases, wondering how we will add our new effects into our routines.
I have no Rubik magic effects nor am I a whizz at solving it. This for me was a great way to use what appears to be a normal cube, with a predicted end reveal.

I have never liked the quick solve cube effects.

I performed this for the first time recently on some test subjects and it blew them away.
Personally, I don't feel we need a 6-sided reveal. It's irrelevant. The spectator saw it as a photo and did not ask about the other 3 sides.

Any delay to reveal is down to you. I don't think the dealy is that noticeable. I'm aiming at performing two effects at the same time for two people... the first inviting spectator 1 to mix the cube and when happy placing the cube inside a paper bag, so I cannot see it. Once in the bag, I reach for a sharpie from my pocket (activating the app to send the photo) to carry on performing the trick for Spectator 2. Once finished with Spectator 2... I ask spectator 2 to bring out their phone, for the cube reveal.

The only critic I have read here, are from those who see the price as too high. I believe that a creator should be paid for his creativity, and should not just supply at cost value. I'm buying the creativity, not just a cube.
Something that has not been mentioned here is the replacement stickers. The first thing I did was change the stickers to avoid having the pinhole showing for the charging points. Take the time to replace the stickers... it will remove the suspicions on the cube.

Teething problems with apps and Android/iPhones will I'm sure be ironed out. With more of us using the app, it will no doubt be putting it through its paces and highlighting issues to be resolved.

I look forward to the updates and can recommend this to any magician. It's easy to use/perform and works for the close-up or stage/parlour audience.
I'm playing with it daily and getting closer to solving it - without the SuperCube app. :-)
Although the SuperCube App is a great help with its 'quick solve' feature. I like to start the effect with a solved cube.

I give it a thumbs up review. Looking forward to performing it again.
It looks great my one concern though is with being an Android user and this being an APP how long will it be supported for Android users as DFB for example is no longer receiving updates etc.
Does the upper side always have the white square in the center or does the top side center piece of the prediction respond to the movement of the cube? I hope this makes sense.

It appears that the center of the top stays the same and only the corner and edge pieces change. Can someone respond? You can probably see where I am going here, right?
[quote]On Apr 10, 2019, Waters. wrote:

Does the upper side always have the white square in the center or does the top side center piece of the prediction respond to the movement of the cube? I hope this makes sense.
[/quote]

In case I have understood your query correctly, and if you are referring to the position of the Rubik's Cube as seen on the Rubiked App, then as seen in the Rubiked App the top side (with the white center piece) along with its other two sides showing, always remain in its fixed position. The cube can't be made turn or change sides on your phone. This IMO is a big drawback of the Rubiked App. Whereas with the free Super Cube App that comes with the Giiker Cube, you can see all six faces of the cube which IMO is a big advantage.

[quote]On Apr 10, 2019, Waters. wrote:

[b]It appears that the center of the top stays the same and only the corner and edge pieces change. Can someone respond? You can probably see where I am going here, right?[/b] [/quote]

In any Rubik's Cube, unlike the corner and edge pieces which changes places, the six center pieces remain in the same fixed position. The center pieces never changes its position but they can rotate along their axis.

[b]General Note:[/b] And thus, based on this typical characteristic of the Rubik's Cube, one can tell the colors of the tiles (through its App) on any one or all the six faces of the cube (provided one is using the Giiker Super Cube App and not the Rubiked App). For example, for the Magi to predict the colors of the tiles (of a mixed cube) on any one face of the cube, all that the spectator needs to tell the Magi is the color of the center tile and then the Magi can predict the colors of the remaining 8 tiles correctly.

Hope that makes sense and clarifies. :)

Thank you Ustad. I am not bothered by only three sides showing and understand that the center colors each stay in a fixed relationship to each other. My point was that the white center piece is always facing upwards in the demo. If this was not the case and of any center piece could be picture on top of the cube if that center piece was facing upwards in actuality, this app would also serve to work as a cue to which side is up (when you are not looking at the cube). This would work like a ďcolor visionĒ cube. I hope this clarifies things.
@ Waters: Oh OK, now I get you. :)

So you are looking for a cube like this one - Right? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qowl_Y49cQU

The 'Go Cube' was likely to be released this month, but there is no fresh news yet.

Also have look at this one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsqUv9j9bBo

... exactly. If Rubiked had functioned like that, you get two effects for one.
I have just reviewed this product before itís release on Monday!

https://youtu.be/FvE5tkbv9FQ
Is that you can only buy the Apps now? Thanks
[quote]On Apr 11, 2019, sharpace wrote:
Is that you can only buy the Apps now? Thanks [/quote]

Yes it will be possible but not for now ;)
80 pounds is a very fair price considering the modifications. I would definitely re sticker mine though. [/quote]

Except !!!

Just got email from Vanishing inc UK

And the price is GBP135 !!!

So £100 more than the Giker Cube

As already pointed out could have just sold the app
[quote]On Apr 13, 2019, JackMagic wrote:

Except !!!

Just got email from Vanishing inc UK

And the price is GBP135 !!!

So £100 more than the Gilker Cube

As already pointed out could have just sold the app [/quote]
Hi. I also was wondered the first time I saw this "trick". Its very clever.

However some people will think you use an app / bluetooth or so. if they search in google on rubiks bluetooth you will find the
giiker cube with the technology in it. so 1 + 1 = 2. people are not stupid.

Of course Most people you will fool with it (older people), but some younger people not. And Some people will also know about the gijker cube.

So I will skip this one.
So far we have had 2 pitches from Titans selling the G Cube

First one was GBP400 !

This one GBP 135

Credit must be given to Mark and Kieron from Saturn who did not try and rip off anyone but gave it away for Free
I hope they will include one or two 'AUTO-PRINT' features in the app so you can print the photo automatically...
At least one or two ways to print a photo completely hands off!

It could be a timer that prints as soon as the cube is still for 5 or 10 seconds!

Or a timer that prints after 1 minute and 10 seconds, this would need some spectator management like, explaining they can change the cube for a minute exactly... let a second helper call stop after a minute.

Or maybe the moment when you cover the lens of your phone, or something like that...

Best,
John
[quote]On Apr 13, 2019, paulweiss wrote:

However some people will think you use an app / bluetooth or so. if they search in google on rubiks bluetooth you will find the

Of course Most people you will fool with it (older people), but some younger people not. And Some people will also know about the gijker cube.

So I will skip this one. [/quote]
If you have a website you can put the link inside envelope and reveal it after the mixing process complete. They will visit the link and they will see the prediction picture in your website. So from spectators' POV your phone was not in play ,you never touch it and the prediction was written in advance before the mixing process began.
I hope in future they will add facebook,Instagram posts or email prediction, it will be more stronger.
[quote]On Apr 13, 2019, Dr. Eamon wrote:
I hope they will include one or two 'AUTO-PRINT' features in the app so you can print the photo automatically...

It could be a timer that prints as soon as the cube is still for 5 or 10 seconds!

Or a timer that prints after 1 minute and 10 seconds, this would need some spectator management like, explaining they can change the cube for a minute exactly... let a second helper call stop after a minute.

Or maybe the moment when you cover the lens of your phone, or something like that...

Best,
John [/quote]
It is more simpler than that, you will press the Vol up button to trigger the upload process in the app.
[quote]On Apr 13, 2019, JackMagic wrote:
So far we have had 2 pitches from Titans selling the G Cube

First one was GBP400 !

This one GBP 135

Credit must be given to Mark and Kieron from Saturn who did not try and rip off anyone but gave it away for Free [/quote]
Still I'm waiting for the app only option.
Yes, big thank you for Mark and Kieron Johnson! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
[quote]On Apr 14, 2019, Maxy wrote:
[quote]On Apr 13, 2019, Dr. Eamon wrote:

Best,
John [/quote]
It is more simpler than that, you will press the Vol up button to trigger the upload process in the app. [/quote]

Touching the phone to trigger the upload process is a big disappointment for an app with 'so many features'! There should be at least a few options to upload the file hands off. And then you still have to print the file and that should also be possible hands off. So they have some work to do before I would buy the app. For now I use my own 'system' with the Supercube app for a more pure mindreading demonstration...

John
BTW I think the price is more than fair but it does at least have to offer some PRO options like hands off printing! No childish magic effects but the option to create eXtrementalism... real powerful mental performances without any suspicious moves.

John :)
The update has hands off upload. Printing was never a feature... Recubed includes my routine 'Pixelated' which is a photo prediction, that is fully justified and workable (If you have Rubiked then it's even better, but can be achieved without). A lot of software is proprietary which means the developers keep their code guarded - you cannot see the source code which makes utilising their hardware and software impossible. Hope that answers a few questions.
NO PRINTING FEATURE???? WOW! That's crazy.

So they make an app that creates a photo, but you can't print that photo without having to buy 3th party software. Sorry Kev I like your ideas but I have read this topic from start to finish and what I remember reading most is that they improved the app so much... and now they still have no auto printing feature??!?!?

Or even worse, the app can't print at all how it is...

Very disappointed!

Me (and some friends I discussed this with) would never buy the Rubiked as long as it's not possible to print the photo with the app included.
Even when you could print the image out or put it on your website etc etc. as soon people search on rubiks cube etc. they will find info about the giiker cube. The big problem is that the technology is already there for laymen. So this trick will not stand a audience in the future. sorry that I am so negative about this one. rubiks cubes tricks like rubiks cube venom etc. are much much better then this one.
I also bought for £80 at Blackpool. I would have thought twice at £130 which was the full price.
Recently I saw the Super Cube on Amazon UK for around £35 (lightning deal) so bought it for comparison.
Both cubes work with both apps, as you would expect.
The main reason for the post is to mention the use of a bluetooth remote for hands off handling.
I use a Satechi bluetooth remote unit, and by pressing three buttons I can:-
1. Take a picture or send to my website.
2. Go to the home screen.
3. Lock my iPhone.
Anyone can now pick up my phone and see only the lock screen. When I unlock it shows the home screen.
I leave my phone out of reach in the room, then ask if anyone has seen it so that I can show the photo. It is then obvious that I had no contact with the phone.
Looking forward to the update today!!
[quote]On Apr 14, 2019, paulweiss wrote:
Even when you could print the image out or put it on your website etc etc. as soon people search on rubiks cube etc. they will find info about the giiker cube. The big problem is that the technology is already there for laymen. So this trick will not stand a audience in the future. sorry that I am so negative about this one. rubiks cubes tricks like rubiks cube venom etc. are much much better then this one. [/quote]
Very few can connect the dots and figure out the theory about the inner working of this trick.Same criticism can be applied to most magic apps ,but I think it is only your magician's thinking, there are magical apps which put the magician's phone in full play and you can search them on app store -if you write magic app- but still they can fool and amaze people. The most votes of 2018 trick of the year here went to DFB which falls on this category (use magician's phone to force or predict something).I think Rubiked should be more deceptive because the magician's phone (or spectator phone) is not in play -from spec POV- and the cube doesn't look suspicious .
This is just my 2 cents.
So Vincent was kind enough to send me a copy. I watched the instructions yesterday and I'm very happy with the product. I won't review the cube, since it an existing model, but the app is very nice. You have several features, including what kind of image you want, if you want it saved on your phone, if you want to email them a prediction, if you want to send it to your site, and if you want to update the image automatically. I played around with it yesterday at work and showed it one of my coworkers. I already have several cubes at my desk, and she had no issue with the cube when I had her mix it up. Additionally, she kept asking how I could've known when I finished the trick, she was completely stumped. On the download they cover how to resticker the cube, in a very clever way, and other ways to modify the cube so that it appears to be normal in every way. This is great if you want to go that extra mile, but I do not believe it is necessary. Magicians have a bad habit of running when we aren't being chased. Vincent was also very fast to replying to emails and mentions on both the download and his email, that they will be implementing new ideas in the future
Hello
i already bought the cube from ALAKAZAM and wait for it to come . one thing that bother me and I didn't find explanation for it. how goes the charging ? do it's need to peel the stickers every time when charge need and after that to glue a new stickers ?

thank , Avraham
[quote]On Apr 18, 2019, avimag51 wrote:
Hello
i already bought the cube from ALAKAZAM and wait for it to come . one thing that bother me and I didn't find explanation for it. how goes the charging ? do it's need to peel the stickers every time when charge need and after that to glue a new stickers ?

Just pop off the centre caps, you don't need to change or remove the stickers

thank , Avraham [/quote]
[quote]On Apr 19, 2019, kevg wrote:
[quote]On Apr 18, 2019, avimag51 wrote:
Hello

Just pop off the centre caps, you don't need to change or remove the stickers

thank , Avraham [/quote] [/quote]

thank you KEVG .
Already have Rubiked, bought it at Blackpool. How do I get the app upload? I donít recall that there was an automatic app upload. My phone no longer ďshakesĒ when the cube is twisted the first time, nor when I upload the photo to the photo archieve. So something har changed.

Also, if I scramble/shuffle the cube and take a picture up front, just to show in the beginning of my routine that ďI took a picture this morning of a shuffled cubeĒ. Then when I assemble the cube to start the effect, it is not always that the app will follow when the spectator starts shuffling. I will have to reset the configuration prior to showing the effect, which is bothersome.

Btw: There is no difference between the Colors, whether I choose ďOriginalĒ or ďGiikerĒ. I would suppose that choosing ďGiikerĒ would make the photo stand out with the colors of the cube - but that is not what is present.

And where can I find the feature description of the new upload.

Question: Why do anybody want a print feature? For what purpose? You can either send the picture from your phone, or upload it to website, facebook, instagram whatever. Iím really just curious, because I canít see a situation where I would use a printer, or have a printer nearby for that sake. Maybe Iím missing some great effect here, so please chip in.

Br

Jan
[quote]On Apr 20, 2019, Vraagaard wrote:

Question: Why do anybody want a print feature? For what purpose? You can either send the picture from your phone, or upload it to website, facebook, instagram whatever. Iím really just curious, because I canít see a situation where I would use a printer, or have a printer nearby for that sake. Maybe Iím missing some great effect here, so please chip in.

Br

Jan [/quote]

Nemlig. Personligt tror jeg det kunne vśre for meget.
Looking forward to this landing through my letter box. When you do the photo in your phone, what does the time and date stamp say ?
Just now saw this for the first time, and it is blowing me away!!! This is freakin' genius, if ever there was such a thing!!

And what's even more amazing is that the demo video actually tells you the secret of the effect, which is rare indeed. So you know exactly what you are getting, and you know that even my dummy could work this effect.

Again, I am blown away. I wish to heaven I had $145. bucks to blow, because this would easily get me to open my wallet.
[quote]On Apr 14, 2019, Dr. Eamon wrote:

NO PRINTING FEATURE???? WOW! That's crazy.

So they make an app that creates a photo, but you can't print that photo without having to buy 3th party software. Sorry Kev I like your ideas but I have read this topic from start to finish and what I remember reading most is that they improved the app so much... and now they still have no auto printing feature??!?!?

Or even worse, the app can't print at all how it is...

Very disappointed!

Me (and some friends I discussed this with) would never buy the Rubiked as long as it's not possible to print the photo with the app included. [/quote]

Dr. Eamon, don't get disheartened. I have a simple and easy real world workable solution for you. :) You will be able to print the final outcome of a mixed cube by the spectator. Here is how:-

Use the free App available with the cube. After the spectator(s) have mixed the cube, you save the screen shot on your phone. Then you simply print the saved photo through Bluetooth connection between the phone and the printer. It's that easy and simple.

And now on the type of printer to use. I would suggest using the Cannon Ivy printer. I found the Cannon Ivy to be the best among the many mini pocket printers out there. Also to get a reasonably good print I suggest use the HP Sprocket Zinc Photo paper with the Cannon Ivy. I found it to be the best combination for printing a reasonably good photo.

Please Note: With every Zinc photo paper a Blue Bar Code card is enclosed. Please do not throwaway the Blue Bar Code card that comes with the Cannon photo paper. You will need this card to be inserted in the Cannon Ivy printer when you are loading it with a different make of photo paper; in this case the HP paper. The Cannon printer will not accept the HP Blue Bar Code card and hence you need to preserve the Blue Bar Code card that comes with the Cannon photo paper. Hope that makes sense.

If one so wishes, one can checkout the difference in the quality of the print by first using the Cannon photo paper and then use the HP photo paper and you shall notice the difference for yourself. needless to say that when comparing the photos (using two different brands of paper), you need to print the same photo. :bg:

And BTW, with the free App one can print and show all six sides of the mixed cube by printing two photos. As of now (as per my best knowledge & understanding) this isn't possible with the Rubiked App. The Rubiked App can only show three sides and not all six sides.

Hope this helps.

For those held up on the fact that you see three sides and not six, that's literally all you need. The one realistic photo, as opposed to a screenshot from the free app (which is obviously a CG cube) is strong enough. Since I've received my unit, I've been performing it constantly. I'm getting the same, if not stronger reactions than if I did a cube match and showed all six sides. I've never had one person ask to see the other three sides. And as someone who works in the VFX industry, I can say with confidence that the photo realistic cube image is VERY convincing, as I've been testing this on my coworkers, and not one of them doubted the authenticity of the photo
We magicians live in our own peculiar world filled with specific agenda in mind. Making money by hook or crook is all that we care, we care less about our art and its people. I must say its a very sorry state of affairs.

One must try and understand that what I am trying to convey is not how best one is able to pull off the effect. All I am saying is that the Free App that comes bundled with the cube has far better facility/utility than an expensive proprietary App specifically developed for the purpose and in spite of its proprietary signature lacks in comparison with its competitor i.e the FREE App. Hope that clarifies.

Where can one find the free app?
@ rowdymagi5: It's on the App Store as well as the Play Store. It connects with the Gii*** cube. For the App to activate you must have the cube. When you purchase the cube you will be directed to the concerned App.

[quote]On Apr 21, 2019, AceFace wrote:
Looking forward to this landing through my letter box. When you do the photo in your phone, what does the time and date stamp say ? [/quote]

Hi guys, can anyone give me answer to the above question please. I have purchased the effect but living on a tiny island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean means that delivery is a lot slower than most places around the world, I own a couple of photo effects and unfortunately the time and date stamp lets them down so Iím just hoping it isnít the case with this app. Thank you in advance
[quote]On Apr 23, 2019, AceFace wrote:
Looking forward to this landing through my letter box. When you do the photo in your phone, what does the time and date stamp say ? [/quote]

Hi guys, can anyone give me answer to the above question please. I have purchased the effect but living on a tiny island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean means that delivery is a lot slower than most places around the world, I own a couple of photo effects and unfortunately the time and date stamp lets them down so Iím just hoping it isnít the case with this app. Thank you in advance [/quote]
I don't have this app but from my knowledge as developer I know it is difficult task to change the file creation date programmatically on the iPhone, better to use 3'd party gallery app which has option to hide the files' datetime stamp .
[quote]On Apr 23, 2019, Maxy wrote:
[quote]On Apr 23, 2019, AceFace wrote:

Hi guys, can anyone give me answer to the above question please. I have purchased the effect but living on a tiny island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean means that delivery is a lot slower than most places around the world, I own a couple of photo effects and unfortunately the time and date stamp lets them down so Iím just hoping it isnít the case with this app. Thank you in advance [/quote]
I don't have this app but from my knowledge as developer I know it is difficult task to change the file creation date programmatically on the iPhone, better to use 3'd party gallery
app which has option to hide the files' datetime stamp . [/quote]

Thank you mate 👍👍👍
[quote]On Apr 23, 2019, Ustaad wrote:
We magicians live in our own peculiar world filled with specific agenda in mind. Making money by hook or crook is all that we care, we care less about our art and its people. I must say its a very sorry state of affairs.

One must try and understand that what I am trying to convey is not how best one is able to pull off the effect. All I am saying is that the Free App that comes bundled with the cube has far better facility/utility than an expensive proprietary App specifically developed for the purpose and in spite of its proprietary signature lacks in comparison with its competitor i.e the FREE App. Hope that clarifies.

Except the method you are proposing is far less superior of an effect, and in fact transmits the method to the audience. With the Rubiked app, I can have the cube mixed by an audience member and have them immediately go to my website without my phone ever being touched or taken out. With the "free" version you are describing, you have to have them mix the cube, take a screenshot of your screen, crop it to remove any evidence of it being a screenshot or from an app, and then either send it to your website or open up your gallery to show them the image. If you working on stage, sure you could have an assistant do that for you, but in the end you get a result that is very obvious as to how the effect was done.

Vincent and his team have developed a lovely app with some very clever features, that allow you to perform this hands off and with no extra help. Yes I was sent a copy of this project, to provide feedback and my thoughts on it, but I would have gladly paid for it, as I think Vincent and his team deserve to be compensated for the work they put into this product. You are receiving a very well done app, that provides a photorealistic image, that you can have sent to your site, sent via email, or shown on your phone, all while having this happen automatically without needing to touch or go near your phone.

Based on your posts in other threads, it seems your specific agenda is to explain to other cheap methods to achieve other effects in a far less superior way, therefore making sure the creators who put time, effort, and money into their products aren't compensated.

My thoughts please...

@ JustJoshinMagic: I have said what I had to. I have no further comments please. Have a great day.

And as to:-

[quote]On Apr 23, 2019, JustJoshinMagic wrote:

My thoughts please...

LOL, I love it!! :bg:

Yep, happened to me already. Was performing at a wedding and blew a group away, then 3 days later saw the same person and he proceeded to tell me how I did all 4 routines he'd seen at the wedding - he'd googled it and found it all on youtube!

Just a quick search of 'rubiks cube prediction', or similar, and the giiker technology is staring you in the face - you can buy it in normal places like Amazon etc. As you say, people are not stupid - when they've been fooled, it's human nature to want to know the answers, and many will then go away and do some digging. A friend who knows I do magic messaged me during Britains Got Talent last year and said "Did you see the magician - just googled it and think I've found it... is it an effect called card-toon?"

The internet is an amazing tool that has changed the world in many ways, but it sure has ruined a lot of magic :(
So pleased I purchased this, getting great reactions. Works like a dream, great customer service, and updates.

The e-mail option is brilliant.

DR
I didn't buy it at Blackpool for 80 pounds which was a fair price.If the price falls down to this level again I will buy it instantly.
[quote]On Apr 24, 2019, Hustler2014 wrote:

Yep, happened to me already. Was performing at a wedding and blew a group away, then 3 days later saw the same person and he proceeded to tell me how I did all 4 routines he'd seen at the wedding - he'd googled it and found it all on youtube!

Just a quick search of 'rubiks cube prediction', or similar, and the giiker technology is staring you in the face - you can buy it in normal places like Amazon etc. As you say, people are not stupid - when they've been fooled, it's human nature to want to know the answers, and many will then go away and do some digging. A friend who knows I do magic messaged me during Britains Got Talent last year and said "Did you see the magician - just googled it and think I've found it... is it an effect called card-toon?"

The internet is an amazing tool that has changed the world in many ways, but it sure has ruined a lot of magic :( [/quote]
Google tailors search results according to your interests and browsing history.
Here I opened a browser anonymously with VPN to hide my original IP and these are the search results:
https://i.imgur.com/Og8n41N.jpg
You can see which effect dominated the the anonymous search results.
@ rowdymagi5: It's on the App Store as well as the Play Store. It connects with the Gii*** cube. For the App to activate you must have the cube. When you purchase the cube you will be directed to the concerned App.

Just out of curiosity, if one were to purchase Rubiked, would it also connect to the app made for the Gii*** Cube?
[quote]
Here I opened a browser anonymously with VPN to hide my original IP and these are the search results:
You can see which effect dominated the the anonymous search results. [/quote]

Exactly - attend a wedding, get blown away by a Rubik's cube prediction, then within 5 seconds on searching Google when you get home you have the answer. Whether it brings up the exact effect, or the effects shown in your example screenshot, it creates the "AHA, you can buy trick cubes from magic shops... THAT'S how it was done!"

As soon as the layman is aware that you can buy trick cubes, whether the exact effect they saw or not, they'll put 2 and 2 together and assume the effect they saw must have been achieved in the same way. And then after another 10 mins or so of more detailed digging on Penguin or any of the other sites listed on your screenshot, the exact effect could easily be found alongside the section at the bottom of those websites (if you're interested in Rubik Predicted by Mark Elsdon, you might also be intersted in these products...)

The world is becoming more and more connected, and virtually any effect can be found within minutes. From my earlier example at the wedding - one of the effects I showed was a standard ring flight - that person simply googled 'magician put ring on keyring in pocket' (or similar) and several effects are shown in seconds... there's even a youtube video showing the exact method! Even if they don't find the exact method or view those videos, they do know all you have to do is buy the gimmick and they could replicate the exact effect immedietely. Suddenly the 'amazing magician' from John's wedding, doesn't look quite so spectacular. Now they're down the pub or at work telling all their mates, "Remember that magician from John's wedding - I've worked it all out - there's this site called Penguin that sells all his tricks - here have a look (pulls out their phone and loads Penguin...)

It's just the sad reality of the Internet unfortunetely. As your screenshot shows, you don't even need to be searching for magic regulalrly for the Google results to only tailor magic-based results. Your private VPN produces pages and pages of magic-based listings even though you've never searched for any other magic effect ever (in that private VPN example).

Very frustrating.
Sod it!
I don't have to do this, I'm a good plumber.

DR

[quote]
You can see which effect dominated the the anonymous search results. [/quote]

Exactly - attend a wedding, get blown away by a Rubik's cube prediction, then within 5 seconds on searching Google when you get home you have the answer. Whether it brings up the exact effect, or the effects shown in your example screenshot, it creates the "AHA, you can buy trick cubes from magic shops... THAT'S how it was done!"

As soon as the layman is aware that you can buy trick cubes, whether the exact effect they saw or not, they'll put 2 and 2 together and assume the effect they saw must have been achieved in the same way. And then after another 10 mins or so of more detailed digging on Penguin or any of the other sites listed on your screenshot, the exact effect could easily be found alongside the section at the bottom of those websites (if you're interested in Rubik Predicted by Mark Elsdon, you might also be intersted in these products...)

The world is becoming more and more connected, and virtually any effect can be found within minutes. From my earlier example at the wedding - one of the effects I showed was a standard ring flight - that person simply googled 'magician put ring on keyring in pocket' (or similar) and several effects are shown in seconds... there's even a youtube video showing the exact method! Even if they don't find the exact method or view those videos, they do know all you have to do is buy the gimmick and they could replicate the exact effect immedietely. Suddenly the 'amazing magician' from John's wedding, doesn't look quite so spectacular. Now they're down the pub or at work telling all their mates, "Remember that magician from John's wedding - I've worked it all out - there's this site called Penguin that sells all his tricks - here have a look (pulls out their phone and loads Penguin...)

It's just the sad reality of the Internet unfortunetely. As your screenshot shows, you don't even need to be searching for magic regulalrly for the Google results to only tailor magic-based results. Your private VPN produces pages and pages of magic-based listings even though you've never searched for any other magic effect ever (in that private VPN example).

Very frustrating. [/quote]
;)
[quote]On Apr 24, 2019, davidredfearn wrote:
Sod it!

[/quote]

LOL!

Make Google illegal and bring back the times of magic only being avaliable behind the dark and mysterious windows of Davenports of London, or Supreme in Bideford, or International Magic in Clerkenwell (other magic shops are avaliable!) - that's what I say! The good old days, where magic took 2 weeks to eventually arrive, and all you had was a couple of paragraphs of description in a poorly printed catalogue to make your decision :)
I loved those days too.
But we will all be ok, good luck.

DR

[quote]On Apr 24, 2019, davidredfearn wrote:
Sod it!

[/quote]

LOL!

Make Google illegal and bring back the times of magic only being avaliable behind the dark and mysterious windows of Davenports of London, or Supreme in Bideford, or International Magic in Clerkenwell (other magic shops are avaliable!) - that's what I say! The good old days, where magic took 2 weeks to eventually arrive, and all you had was a couple of paragraphs of description in a poorly printed catalogue to make your decision :) [/quote]
Personally I think as magicians we tend to worry too much, the way I look at things is as long as we do our jobs by amazing people and making them smile thatís cool for me, if someone wants to ruin the illusion they have just seen then thatís their loss... people know itís not real magic so the doubt and curiosity of how it was done will always be there, some will search for the solution but most will just enjoy it for what it is.
The problem is not specific to this effect only, it is common problem related to all magic industry in the internet era. retailers can hide their websites completely from Google indexing service with simple text file but -for obvious reasons- they don't want to do that.Googling "magic revealed" will lead to thousands of results. Some famous magicians teach tricks on their youtube channels to gain more followers.Also this forum is visible to Google and anyone can read posts here!.If a magician joined here with his real name or stage name, people can search this forum and see which tricks he commented on!. Worse than that it is enough to Google the magician name to know his secrets, for example googling Shin Lim will lead to his website where he sells smoke device and changing pips card -he said in his website I used this in my AGT performance-:
https://www.shinlimmagic.com/shop/kadabra-by-raffi-kazama
The problem is very big and it is out of control so we should live with it and try to find better ways to conceal methods and present our magic.
I'm very honest with my audiences, I tell them not to think about magic as puzzles or challenges to their IQ, the tricks are not important because any one can do them -even kids can buy magic kits-,but what is important is to enjoy the current moment and give your imagination freedom to feel the fun and wonder.
[quote]On Apr 24, 2019, rowdymagi5 wrote:

Just out of curiosity, if one were to purchase Rubiked, would it also connect to the app made for the Gii*** Cube? [/quote]
Yes, it is same cube.
[quote]On Apr 24, 2019, Maxy wrote:
The problem is not specific to this effect only, it is common problem related to all magic industry in the internet era. retailers can hide their websites completely from Google indexing service with simple text file but -for obvious reasons- they don't want to do that.Googling "magic revealed" will lead to thousands of results. Some famous magicians teach tricks on their youtube channels to gain more followers.Also this forum is visible to Google and anyone can read posts here!.If a magician joined here with his real name or stage name, people can search this forum and see which tricks he commented on!. Worse than that it is enough to Google the magician name to know his secrets, for example googling Shin Lim will lead to his website where he sells smoke device and changing pips card -he said in his website I used this in my AGT performance-:
https://www.shinlimmagic.com/shop/kadabra-by-raffi-kazama
The problem is very big and it is out of control so we should live with it and try to find better ways to conceal methods and present our magic.
I'm very honest with my audiences, I tell them not to think about magic as puzzles or challenges to their IQ, the tricks are not important because any one can do them -even kids can buy magic kits-,but what is important is to enjoy the current moment and give your imagination freedom to feel the fun and wonder. [/quote]

Yes well said - fully agree.

[/quote]

[b]Just out of curiosity, if one were to purchase Rubiked, would it also connect to the app made for the Gii*** Cube?[/b] [/quote]

Sure, the Rubiked cube will connect to the FREE Gii*** App. I see no reason why it shouldn't connect. As I understand the creator of Rubiked picked up the Gii*** cube, developed his own App and put it out in the market for we gully-belly buyers at an exorbitant price tag of over $100 just for the App.

As I envisage, if this electronic cube had fallen in the hands of one of our magic creator it would have been priced over a thousand buck. But that didn't happen as the cube was made primarily for the sole use of the Rubik's Cuber community. And sadly the serious cuber community did not accept this electronic cube gizmo, but by then hundreds of thousands of people were aware of the existence of such a cube.

One would agree that any item that has been produced for a different commercial purpose (and not specifically for magic) in high volumes is noticed by a large sect of people. However magic props are manufactured in very limited quantity and hence the prop is lesser known to the general public. Such magic props are much safer for we magicians to perform for our spectators.

And that's the reason it's becoming increasingly difficult to satisfactorily perform this cube effect without someone pointing out as to what the cube exactly is. If the same cube was made primarily for magic purpose it wouldn't have drawn such great attention by our spectators.

And like I usually say - My thoughts please! :) ;)

P.S. With my this post, it is most likely that the friends and followers of the Rubiked App creator will pounce on me, but that's OK. I have taken a lot of beating for being honest and straightforward in my opinion and in my writings. I fear nobody. :)

The internet is an amazing tool that has changed the world in many ways, but it sure has ruined a lot of magic :( [/quote]

YouTube and google will explain just about everything that is performed direct or ď out of the boxĒ

I was just reading the future of google will explain just about everything with a few vague search words.
Question I think we should explore is what is our purpose? To fool or entertain. Can you have one without the other ? Nothing we can do but get better in
connecting and entraining, I guess.
[quote]On Apr 24, 2019, Ustaad wrote:

[/quote]

[b]Just out of curiosity, if one were to purchase Rubiked, would it also connect to the app made for the Gii*** Cube?[/b] [/quote]

Sure, the Rubiked cube will connect to the FREE Gii*** App. I see no reason why it shouldn't connect. As I understand the creator of Rubiked picked up the Gii*** cube, developed his own App and put it out in the market for we gully-belly buyers at an exorbitant price tag of over $100 just for the App.

As I envisage, if this electronic cube had fallen in the hands of one of our magic creator it would have been priced over a thousand buck. But that didn't happen as the cube was made primarily for the sole use of the Rubik's Cuber community. And sadly the serious cuber community did not accept this electronic cube gizmo, but by then hundreds of thousands of people were aware of the existence of such a cube.

One would agree that any item that has been produced for a different commercial purpose (and not specifically for magic) in high volumes is noticed by a large sect of people. However magic props are manufactured in very limited quantity and hence the prop is lesser known to the general public. Such magic props are much safer for we magicians to perform for our spectators.

And that's the reason it's becoming increasingly difficult to satisfactorily perform this cube effect without someone pointing out as to what the cube exactly is. If the same cube was made primarily for magic purpose it wouldn't have drawn such great attention by our spectators.

And like I usually say - My thoughts please! :) ;)

P.S. With my this post, it is most likely that the friends and followers of the Rubiked App creator will pounce on me, but that's OK. I have taken a lot of beating for being honest and straightforward in my opinion and in my writings. I fear nobody. :) [/quote]

Narendra always speaks honestly and frankly. For that we might not always agree, but we should be appreciative as he is an institution here - highly knowledgeable, highly intelligent - and has earned well deserved respect.
I just got this. Very fun. Great quality. How does the email feature work? I donít recall an mention of that feature in the tutorial unless I glossed over it. Does it allow you to email a picture ďbeforeĒ the cube is mixed?
[quote]On Apr 25, 2019, emyers99 wrote:
I just got this. Very fun. Great quality. How does the email feature work? I donít recall an mention of that feature in the tutorial unless I glossed over it. Does it allow you to email a picture ďbeforeĒ the cube is mixed? [/quote]

That is one of the main features. Works very well. Yes email is sent out first.
Where are the instructions for the email feature?
You donít have this? The enajl button is at the bottom of the app when you open? Not sure if the video instructions show this.
But you hit that button and it opens your email
I see the email button. No idea how to use it.
Any news for the Apps ungrade? Thanks
[quote]On Apr 24, 2019, Ustaad wrote:
I have taken a lot of beating for being honest and straightforward in my opinion and in my writings. I fear nobody. :) [/quote]

Wow. So brave.
[quote]On Apr 25, 2019, emyers99 wrote:
I see the email button. No idea how to use it. [/quote]

Oh, just hit the mail
Button and email a Spec. Tell them to check and see if they got the email but donít open it.
After they checked you had them the cube. They mix it. When they are done press the volume button and the image will be sent to your gallery and the email will
Be sent.
I bought this mainly for the purpose of using the email feature. I wish I'd actually read the Cafť reviews before!

I find the email feature slightly dissappointing. since the spectators will see a different cube photo if they open the email another time.

I was talking to a friend who is knowledgable in coding and he said it would have been possible to have the cube image in the email set to the one showing the first time the email is open.
That makes me want to avoid the email feature. The picture feature still works well.
I ordered - will report back
Reviews on Penguin's site so far - not too promising. We shall see.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/11779
Why do creators assume they should be the one doing the instructional video?
Do they have ANY teaching experience?
Do they run it past several people to make sure everything is covered and understandable?

Sorry, but being in the video biz this is a pet peeve of mine. Itís like a total magic neophyte thinking they can instantly be a good magician.
Itís become almost an unwritten rule that they have to do it in one take with no script or outline, that the preferred technique is to just wing it and make it up as you go.
It takes preparation, talent, and skills to produce a quality instructional video. Leaning your phone against your coffee mug and ďgoing for itĒ doesnít cut it.

AFA the email feature, that will hopefully be updated soon. Although I doubt if anyone looks at the photo of the cube later they will notice anything has changed. So many cube switches are dependent on that fact.
[quote]On Apr 26, 2019, saysold1 wrote:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/11779 [/quote]

Strange, the negative review seems like they have a different app than me. Mine works well, is easy to use, and is in english. Plus the cube looks like my cube
[quote]On Apr 26, 2019, JustJoshinMagic wrote:
[quote]On Apr 26, 2019, saysold1 wrote:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/11779 [/quote]

Strange, the negative review seems like they have a different app than me. Mine works well, is easy to use, and is in english. Plus the cube looks like my cube [/quote]

Well if you like it Josh - that means a lot to moi.
Can't wait - Penguin says mine is shipped :-)
Justin, thanks for the help with the email feature. Iíll try it.

I agree totally with videoman about the instructional video. Everyone should just pay Gregory Wilson to do their instructional vids.

So far Iím liking Rubiked with one major exception. I wish you didnít have to leave the app open during performance. Would much rather that it perform in the background or at least auto switch to your home screen once you hit the volume button so you could let the spec unlock your phone and do everything themself.
Happened to get mine today and had a chance to watch the video.
This will vary from person to person but for me, I had an extremely difficult time making out what the instructor was saying. Couldn't recognize it as even being spoken in English for about 80% of it. Why would anyone believe that because someone can speak English as a second language that they should handle the English speaking video?

And if that person has to do it, why wouldn't they think that perhaps speaking slowly and as clearly as possible would be beneficial to the viewer? Even if you are speaking instructions in your native language, speaking clearly and slowly is not only a nice courtesy, it is essential. I just get so tired of these videos produced by rank amateurs who have absolutely no idea what they are doing. It all goes back to caring about your product and your customers. You don't have to spend a fortune to do it right, you just have to care enough to try to determine if some things could be improved upon. Arrgh, very aggravating.

This would be a great product for Nick Locapo of Penguin to make an additional video for.

Hopefully the FB group will be able to clear up some things.

If anyone has the email part of it figured out could you please PM me about how to do it. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
I still canít get the email feature to work.
Finally figured out the email function. I was emailing the pic to myself and that never worked but when I emailed to my wife, it worked perfectly. Genius! Blew her away.
Hello

i got the cube , downloaded the app but in the " select your cube " screen of the app , I got a blank screen whith no images of cubes like it shown in the instructions video.

do I have to charge the cube first ?
[quote]On Apr 28, 2019, avimag51 wrote:
Hello

i got the cube , downloaded the app but in the " select your cube " screen of the app , I got a blank screen whith no images of cubes like it shown in the instructions video.

do I have to charge the cube first ? [/quote]
The G****r cube should be charged first and you should enable your phone Bluetooth to be able to connect.
[quote]On Apr 28, 2019, Maxy wrote:
Hello

The G****r cube should be charged first and you should enable your phone Bluetooth to be able to connect. [/quote]
thank for your answer , but I don't have the G****r . I have the RUBIKED .
Hello

The G****r cube should be charged first and you should enable your phone Bluetooth to be able to connect. [/quote]
thank for your answer , but I don't have the G****r . I have the RUBIKED . [/quote

The Giiker is what comes with Rubiked
[quote]On Apr 28, 2019, reignofsound wrote:
Hello

thank for your answer , but I don't have the G****r . I have the RUBIKED . [/quote

The Giiker is what comes with Rubiked [/quote]
i didn't understand what you mean . I charged the cube but see no connection to Bluetooth . also in the instructions video Bluetooth connection needs does not mention at all .
Bluetooth is required to connect!
[quote]On Apr 28, 2019, reignofsound wrote:
Hello

The Giiker is what comes with Rubiked [/quote]
i didn't understand what you mean . I charged the cube but see no connection to Bluetooth . also in the instructions video Bluetooth connection needs does not mention at all . [/quote]

When you launch the app it searches for your cube via Bluetooth.
Hello

ok , I succeeded to make the connection with the app after I turn one side of the cube ( not said in the instruction video ).
one question to those who have the cube , does the little charging holes make suspicion ? is there a way to cover them without stick a new stikers after every charge ?

thanks , Avi
Hello

is there a way to cover them without stick a new stikers after every charge ?

thanks , Avi [/quote]

Put stickers without holes on the blue and green center pieces. Then to charge you simply remove the entire plastic plate of the blue and green centers by prying off. Easier than removing stickers and no holes show when using the cube.
[quote]On Apr 28, 2019, videoman wrote:
Hello

is there a way to cover them without stick a new stikers after every charge ?

thanks , Avi [/quote]

Put stickers without holes on the blue and green center pieces. Then to charge you simply remove the entire plastic plate of the blue and green centers by prying off. Easier than removing stickers and no holes show when using the cube. [/quote]
thank you.
For those wanting to change all the stickers to the OEM ones then I would highly recommend using clear transfer tape and do all the squares on one side simultaneously. Thereís a few videos on YouTube explaining how to use it. I did all 6 sides of mine within 15 min.

https://youtu.be/MmbhCnO4ito
[quote]On May 4, 2019, Looch wrote:
For those wanting to change all the stickers to the OEM ones then I would highly recommend using clear transfer tape and do all the squares on one side simultaneously. Thereís a few videos on YouTube explaining how to use it. I did all 6 sides of mine within 15 min.

https://youtu.be/MmbhCnO4ito [/quote]

yes I explain it in the video
Message: Posted by: The Mysterious One (May 7, 2019 01:44AM)
So, let me get this straight. When one does use the email feature, does it send it from a generic email server showing the server's email address or does the app shows an email coming from your particular email address?

Has anyone experienced delays when it comes to the Rubik image displaying on their website? I would be interested a prediction photo posted quickly to my website (with minimal delay) or if the app would send the prediction photo to the spectator's email address showing my email address in the "To:" field.

I love the Rubik's cube, but I am on the fence about this. But I can be swayed based on others' experiences.
To The Mysteryous One

When I use the email feature, the spectator recieves an email from MY email.

I did a performance last night and from the time I performed until I checked my website was only 1-2 minutes later. It was there and updated. I donít actually know HOW quick itís updated.
Any news on app only options?
Does one need a WiFi connection or will this work just as well with 4G?
Slyhand 4g works fine. Iím not often connected to WiFi when performing due to the location.
Message: Posted by: The Mysterious One (May 8, 2019 10:03AM)
[quote]On May 7, 2019, trickymagic wrote:
To The Mysteryous One

When I use the email feature, the spectator recieves an email from MY email.

I did a performance last night and from the time I performed until I checked my website was only 1-2 minutes later. It was there and updated. I donít actually know HOW quick itís updated. [/quote]

Thanks trickymagic. That was the burning question I had. If only the picture could be changed to show me with the predicted cube... as the kids say these days..."That would be choice!" But maybe sometime in the future, the app will be updated and include more features... hopefully following Greg Rostani's lead in providing updates/improvements for existing users of Inject.
[quote]On Apr 26, 2019, fsharp wrote:
...I find the email feature slightly dissappointing. since the spectators will see a different cube photo if they open the email another time.... [/quote]

Is this "bug" true? Seems strange.
[quote]On May 8, 2019, ltchip wrote:
...I find the email feature slightly dissappointing. since the spectators will see a different cube photo if they open the email another time.... [/quote]

Is this "bug" true? Seems strange. [/quote]

It sounds more like a business decision than a bug. In order to display the current state of your cube, the company only has to keep one image file with your customer ID at any given time. To display the cube as it was at a time in the past, first you would have to indicate using your phone when you want to "lock in" the cube state, and then the company would have to retain the associated image file with your customer ID forever, along with all other image files you create in the future. This is not actually a huge challenge, but it's a burden the company seems to have decided against taking on.
[quote]On May 8, 2019, ltchip wrote:

Is this "bug" true? Seems strange. [/quote]

Can any one update if the emailed photo has an inject type 'sticky' option?
Message: Posted by: The Mysterious One (Jun 17, 2019 05:40PM)
Loving this. I disagree with the notion that if you don't need to know how to solve the cube, you can perform this as stated in the ad. You can perform this without not being able to solve the cube, but then you start off in a pattern that is not iconic in the eyes of your spectators (i.e., a solved state). Looking forward connecting this to my website.

Does anyone know if there are any scheduled updates/upgrades to the app? Would love not having the app open when ...you know ..
[quote]On Jun 17, 2019, The Mysterious One wrote:
Loving this. I disagree with the notion that if you don't need to know how to solve the cube, you can perform this as stated in the ad. You can perform this without not being able to solve the cube, but then you start off in a pattern that is not iconic in the eyes of your spectators (i.e., a solved state).[/quote]

Just use the Supercube app after your performance and the app will walk you through solving the cube quickly. So you can always start the effect in a solved state, despite not knowing how to solve a cube.
Message: Posted by: The Mysterious One (Jun 18, 2019 02:39PM)
Using an app to solve the cube? Wow David. That is very interesting. I could of used something like that instead of learning through trial and error when learning to solve the cube.. I wonder how long it would take one using the Supercube app to solve a mixed up cube?
I use the app recommended by Henry Harrius (canít recall the name, might be Supercube) and its pretty quick, certainly quick enough. Takes a couple minutes.
Message: Posted by: The Mysterious One (Jun 18, 2019 03:58PM)
Videoman! A couple of minutes with an app. Color me impressed! That is awesome!

I wonder if there is an app for someone that is wanting to get one's solve time down to 30 seconds by helping implement speed solve techniques. It takes me about a minute and a 45 seconds to solve a mixed up cube, and I would love to shave off some time...especially since I want to put back a blindfolded Rubik's cube solve back in my show.

Any ideas anyone?
I assume this app is not out yet for the giiger Supercube yet, if not any news on when it might be. I read earlier it was going to be out in April
I've had the giiker cube for almost a year - app has been out just as long "supercube" but I had learned to solve a cube in 2 minutes long before it. I learned how to solve a cube with Steven Brundage CUBE 3
(yes, you also learn magic - here is my review for CUBE 3 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flN8faBavUw

RUBKED is awesome! I've done everything except the website reveal (I am not really a html guy) and I have to say this is the best "pre-prediction" match
I've had it for about 2 weeks and have only had to charge it once and it's maybe down to 70% now.

Here is my review for RUBIKED: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svJXfvnfwLM

My advice: remove the stickers from the charging center caps and replace them with solid stickers and when you go to charge it in the future "remove the caps" to preserve the stickers.
The holes give it away that it's a giiker.

Already have a giiker cube and you want some free magic tricks? I got you covered:

Set of tricks #1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNOkmjQjKNc

Set of tricks #2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rRcFbJGasY
Message: Posted by: The Mysterious One (Jun 21, 2019 10:29PM)
[quote]On Jun 21, 2019, DavidKenney wrote:
I've had the giiker cube for almost a year - app has been out just as long "supercube" but I had learned to solve a cube in 2 minutes long before it. I learned how to solve a cube with Steven Brundage CUBE 3
(yes, you also learn magic - here is my review for CUBE 3 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flN8faBavUw

RUBKED is awesome! I've done everything except the website reveal (I am not really a html guy) and I have to say this is the best "pre-prediction" match
I've had it for about 2 weeks and have only had to charge it once and it's maybe down to 70% now.

Here is my review for RUBIKED: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svJXfvnfwLM

My advice: remove the stickers from the charging center caps and replace them with solid stickers and when you go to charge it in the future "remove the caps" to preserve the stickers.
The holes give it away that it's a giiker.

Already have a giiker cube and you want some free magic tricks? I got you covered:

Set of tricks #1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNOkmjQjKNc

Set of tricks #2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rRcFbJGasY [/quote]

Great advice from you David and my good friend videoman on the removing the caps to preserve the stickers. Love the reviews David. Been looking at your reviews back when you were just posting on Penguin and getting started. It got my attention since you are in the Lone Star State as well (I am thinking you are maybe down the street in the DFW area). Keep up the great work.

Another great video for learning to solve the cube is Mark Elsdon's Rubik Remembered. That is how I learned to solve the cube, and he is an excellent teacher. I went from a Cube idiot to having people's jaw drop when minding my own dang business trying to solve the cube. Great video that is overlooked these days as a learning tool.
Please would someone let me know which version of the Giiker Cube comes with this, is it the i3 or i3s?
If you watched my review - you would have seen my giiker with the black head phones and so that is the i3s, I think? Right?
This frys peopleís mind
Apple Watch (and others for android) support would be great to control the email or photo upload at the wrist...
Message: Posted by: The Mysterious One (Jun 30, 2019 10:24PM)
[quote]On Jun 29, 2019, bretti_bln wrote:
Apple Watch (and others for android) support would be great to control the email or photo upload at the wrist... [/quote]

That would be a great edition. I would like to see the app running in the background instead of having to be opened when you send the email or photo. A guy tonight I performed for was so in shock that he exclaimed that he wanted to see the timestamp of the photo. I acted like I didn't know how to show the timestamp of the photo and proceeded the next piece of mentalism/mental magic with cards. He kept exclaiming that what he saw (this effect and the other) was impossible... and talking about it every time I bumped into him.

Like I said before, I love this effect. I do wonder how this would play versus a matching effect via the Venom Cube or Rubicon. Anyone?
If presented well Venom Cube or Rubicon could be received as the real deal in the eyes of the audience.

Rubicon, on the other hand, has too many giveaways, like the name of the sender when you send an e-mail is:

noreply@cube-prediction.tk WHY?????

Why didn't they just call it thisis@magicbluetoothcube.com

And even more amazing is that the photo in the e-mail or on the website keeps changing later... every time the app receives a new cube combination?!?!?! WHY??? (maybe an idea for a new effect: THE EVER CHANGING EMAIL... :bg: )

This app still needs a lot of work...
Message: Posted by: The Mysterious One (Jul 1, 2019 04:24PM)
[quote]On Jul 1, 2019, Dr. Eamon wrote:
If presented well Venom Cube or Rubicon could be received as the real deal in the eyes of the audience.

Rubicon, on the other hand, has too many giveaways, like the name of the sender when you send an e-mail is:

And even more amazing is that the photo in the e-mail or on the website keeps changing later... every time the app receives a new cube combination?!?!?! WHY??? (maybe an idea for a new effect: THE EVER CHANGING EMAIL... :bg: )

This app still needs a lot of work... [/quote]
Rubicon is by Greg Wilson; it doesn't have an app and is a matching effect with a cube, similar to the Venom Cube (in the mind of the audience). The give-aways are with Rubiked. And Dr Eamon, I agree. That is why I haven't used the email option, only the photo option in my Gallery. I also don't like the idea that the photo changes and has a server email address. I still love the effect, and will use it with the html option soon.

Why didn't they just call it thisis@magicbluetoothcube.com.

This app still needs a lot of work... [/quote]. This guy is clueless. Lol
Message: Posted by: The Mysterious One (Jul 1, 2019 05:43PM)
It is just a typo. Rubicon/Rubiked..so dang close in name. Typos happen all of the time with me due to the stupid Autocorrect on my Android phone. Dr Eamon actually is a very experienced and talented mentalist and quite a thinker. I really enjoyed his SvenPad Extreme book. Some really great thinking. I wish others gave half of the thought that he has when it comes to the SvenPad, presentations, and motivation for using that utility/device. A great book.

And back to Rubiked...he is right..the app and the framework behind it needs some work. The changing solved state in an email from a server address is not the effect we are looking for as magicians or mentalists.
[quote]On Jul 1, 2019, The Mysterious One wrote:

This app still needs a lot of work... [/quote]
Rubicon is by Greg Wilson; it doesn't have an app and is a matching effect with a cube, similar to the Venom Cube (in the mind of the audience). The give-aways are with Rubiked. And Dr Eamon, I agree. That is why I haven't used the email option, only the photo option in my Gallery. I also don't like the idea that the photo changes and has a server email address. I still love the effect, and will use it with the html option soon. [/quote]

You are 100% correct Mysterious One, the second time I wrote Rubicon I actually meant Rubiked.

The app does need some work.

Like with other magic apps, the e-mail must take the photo from the cache memory when opened again later and not re-load a new picture from the server. When I tested this with my wife, she received the e-mail with the mixed up cube... Wow amazing but a little later the same e-mail had a picture of a solved cube... :dizzy:

Also, it would be much better if the e-mail could show the name of the sender and if this is technically too hard to fix, they should at least change the 'server address' to something less magical, like noreply@abchosting.com or something like that. For me these two flaws make the e-mail function useless as how it is at the moment...

Another thing I personally miss most is,
a trick that produces a photo should be able to (automatically) print a real photo, so you can hand out a real photo as a souvenir if you want (these mini printers are very small, easy to get, easy to use, wireless and also they are reasonably priced). I think it's a very easy function to add to the expensive app.

An update could do miracles, stop negative reviews and really boost sales. Naturally, Rubiked is a great effect, but without these flaws, it would be a killer effect. Remember you pay over a $100,00 for only the app and they wrote they improved the app a lot and many new things were coming. I hope they improve it soon... for $100,00 you should get a professionally working app, without these shortcomings, so you can really use the e-mail function no matter what operating system you use. I really believe it's not that hard to fix and it could make Rubiked a real winner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW Mysterious One, thanks a lot for your compliments, they really mean a lot to me!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers!

John ;)
App only for 80 Euro/Dollar p.a. here:
http://www.tesmarzauberartikel.de/product_info.php?info=p45969_Rubiked--App-Only--by-Vincent-Tarrit-Smaortphone-App-zu-Rubiked-Trick.html&XTCsid=39d1plkdioase24o9u30jsig11
https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=65164
Is it me ?
Or is this a little bit naughty selling the app on its own
When possibly guys that had the giker cube wanted this but had to still fork out the full amount and effectively having two cubes
When they just could have bought the app.
Will re-read this thread in case I did miss something
[quote]On Jul 21, 2019, bretti_bln wrote:
http://www.tesmarzauberartikel.de/product_info.php?info=p45969_Rubiked--App-Only--by-Vincent-Tarrit-Smaortphone-App-zu-Rubiked-Trick.html&XTCsid=39d1plkdioase24o9u30jsig11
https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=65164 [/quote]
This is what we're waiting for!
Thank you for the info!
[quote]On Jun 25, 2019, MagicDamo wrote:

Please would someone let me know which version of the Giiker Cube comes with this, is it the i3 or i3s? [/quote]

I have three versions of Giiker Cubes. Based on the serial numbers that pop-up when connecting the cubes through the free Giiker App as well as through Rubiked, I get the following info (followed by their numeral numbers):-

1. Gi (Came with the Rubiked) - Rubiked was recently purchased through the Cafť's Buy-n-Sell'.
2. GiC (This is the older Version) - Purchased from China.
3, GiS (This is the Newer version) - Purchased from China.

All the above three cubes get connected with the free Giiker App as well as the Rubiked App. Thus IMO all the above versions of the Giiker Cubes are fully compatible with the above two Apps mentioned.

Hope this helps.

Great analysis! One can only complete the following:
Everybody who owns any Giiker Cube can try the app! Download it for free from your app store, connect and try. You will only see a message through the image as long as you have not entered the activation code.
[quote]On Jul 22, 2019, bretti_bln wrote:

Everybody who owns any Giiker Cube can try the app! Download it for free from your app store, connect and try. You will only see a message through the image as long as you have not entered the activation code. [/quote]

Perfect! :)

IMO any version of Giiker cube should work without an hitch with the Rubiked App.

When my son purchased [b]Rubiked[/b] for me, I faced a typical problem with regard to the Activation Code. The activation code would no longer work. So my son contacted the creator through eMail explaining the situation. The creator promptly replied giving reasons for the Activation Code becoming invalid. The creator promptly reset the code and the App activated. I must say customer service is topnotch - prompt, efficient and effective.

I am presently playing with the Rubiked App. I have found the App do its job efficiently - No problems at all. So far I have found the App's features to be good, useful and practical for a real world performance.

Hope the creator is able to add a couple of extra features (as requested by the members on this thread) when releasing the next App update. That will make the Rubiked App a very versatile and much more in demand.

Message: Posted by: The Mysterious One (Jul 22, 2019 10:30PM)
IMO any version of Giiker cube should work without an hitch with the Rubiked App.

When my son purchased [b]Rubiked[/b] for me, I faced a typical problem with regard to the Activation Code. The activation code would no longer work. So my son contacted the creator through eMail explaining the situation. The creator promptly replied giving reasons for the Activation Code becoming invalid. The creator promptly reset the code and the App activated. I must say customer service is topnotch - prompt, efficient and effective.

I am presently playing with the Rubiked App. I have found the App do its job efficiently - No problems at all. So far I have found the App's features to be good, useful and practical for a real world performance.

Hope the creator is able to add a couple of extra features (as requested by the members on this thread) when releasing the next App update. That will make the Rubiked App a very versatile and much more in demand.

Ustaad,

Thanks for sharing. As always, you are a fountain of wisdom and quality info!
I think the app is great and total worth the price. The spectator's reactions are phenomenal.
What if I renew my phone? Can I use the Activation Code with the new phone again or do I have to buy a new one?

greetings
Jan
[quote]On Jul 29, 2019, Jan K. wrote:

What if I renew my phone? Can I use the Activation Code with the new phone again or do I have to buy a new one?
[/quote]

Base on my experience, you don't have to buy a new activation code. The activation code will remain the same. The code once activated on the cellphone belongs to that particular device. When you change the phone/device all you need to do is to contact the creator and they will reset the same code gain which can then be used to activate on the new phone. They have good customer service and are prompt in responding to your queries.

I had to wait very long for a very short reply and when they finally wrote me back, saying they "really wanted to help me", I wrote my problems and concerns but I never heard back from them... so I didn't have the best customer service experience with Gentlemen's Magic.

I really think it's weird that the picture you email to the spectator keeps changing, A VERY BIG FLAW, and this makes the e-mail function (and the resin I bought this effect) useless for me.

--> All alarm bells will ring :confused: :confused: when a spectator opens his or her email again later and find out that the picture is changed to a solved cube :wow:

Again, I hope they will fix it fast and also add a 'Printing function' or even better an 'Automatic printing function'!

Best Wishes! ;)
John
[quote]On Jul 29, 2019, Ustaad wrote:

Base on my experience, you don't have to buy a new activation code. The activation code will remain the same. The code once activated on the cellphone belongs to that particular device. When you change the phone/device all you need to do is to contact the creator and they will reset the same code gain which can then be used to activate on the new phone. They have good customer service and are prompt in responding to your queries.

Thanks Ustaad, I hope this works in this case too.
Are they selling the app on its own yet?
[quote]On Jul 30, 2019, reignofsound wrote:
Are they selling the app on its own yet? [/quote]

yes
The Question:

And the Answer:

https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=65164 [/quote]
About to buy a Giiker cube, and intend to replace the stickers that have the charging holes. Any suggestions (link?) as to where to purchase, and what color stickers (I assume that there are two) have the holes - so that I can just replace those...

Thanks!
[quote]On Jul 30, 2019, rosariorose9 wrote:

About to buy a Giiker cube, and intend to replace the stickers that have the charging holes. Any suggestions (link?) as to where to purchase, and what color stickers (I assume that there are two) have the holes - so that I can just replace those...
[/quote]

A bit of an advice before you go shopping for the Giiker Cube. Different versions of the Giiker Cubes are available starting from say $30 to $55 (shipped from China/ Hong Kong). You can see a long list of Giiker Cubes here - https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR2.TRC1.A0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=Giiker+cube&_sacat=0

However please avoid the "Xiaomi Giiker M3 Magnetic Cube". This is not an electronic cube. Thus it will not work for our purpose.

Any version of the Giiker Cube will work (based on my own experience with three different versions of the Giiker) with the Rubiked App. However you will have to replace all the stickers as the color of the Chinese Giiker Cubes (BTW all Giiker Cubes are made in China :)) are quite different than as seen on a normal Rubik's cube. Hence you will need to purchase a set of extra stickers as well.

The Giiker i3S is the latest version priced at around $50 - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Update-Versio-Giiker-i3s-Super-Smart-Cube-Learning-Fun-Bluetooth-Magic-Puzzle/223571610798?hash=item340de80cae:g:sR4AAOSwqKFdGXWf

Alternately you may like to purchase the cube directly from the Creator of Rubiked. They cost $50 or so.

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much for all the info, Ustaad! Much appreciated.
[quote]On Jul 30, 2019, rosariorose9 wrote:
The Question:

And the Answer:

https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=65164 [/quote] [/quote]

Just ordered a Giiker cube, along with replacement stickers. Not looking forward to applying those stickers... :rolleyes:
[quote]On Aug 1, 2019, rosariorose9 wrote:
Just ordered a Giiker cube, along with replacement stickers. Not looking forward to applying those stickers... :rolleyes: [/quote]

With a piece of tape you can lift all 9 for one side from the paper and put 9 stickers (one complete side) back on you cube at once ;)

Best Wishes!
John
Thanks, Dr. Eamon. Will give that a try when my stickers arrive...
Downloaded on my Pixel 2 (Android) the free Super Cube app while I'm waiting for my Rubiked app to arrive. Easily paired the app with my phone, and can use it, but I cannot exit the app without turning off the phone and restarting it. Anyone else have this problem?
Yikes! Finally figured it out. Nice app, by the way...
For any of you thinking of replacing the stickers (which have holes in them) on the charging ports, I purchased a set. The blue and green stickers are a PERFECT match for the Giiker stock stickers, so it is only necessary to change the two, although I also replaced the (yellow) sticker with the Giker logo. Here's the link:

https://www.thecubicle.com/products/giiker-3x3-sticker-set?variant=15571783811145
Is there any new print out function on the new Apps. Thanks
[quote]On Jul 22, 2019, bretti_bln wrote:
Everybody who owns any Giiker Cube can try the app! Download it for free from your app store, connect and try. You will only see a message through the image as long as you have not entered the activation code. [/quote]
Are you referring to the Rubiked App? Is there a try-out-version of this. The only free app I've found is the 'Supercube' App from Giiker. I have not found any app named 'Rubiked', or similar, in the Google app store (Android).
Or do you mean the Giiker App. I was a little confused here, because I can not find any 'message through the image' in this free Giiker app! :worry:
For Android it is:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vincenttarrit.rubiked&hl=de

Maybe it is the same as on iOS - load for free and test with a sign over the image and activate with a code for full access. ThatĎs it in iOS:
https://apps.apple.com/za/app/rubiked/id1450518882
Thank you very much, bretti_bin! :)
Yes, thanks very much bretti! :thanx:
[quote]On Aug 4, 2019, rosariorose9 wrote:
For any of you thinking of replacing the stickers (which have holes in them) on the charging ports, I purchased a set. The blue and green stickers are a PERFECT match for the Giiker stock stickers, so it is only necessary to change the two, although I also replaced the (yellow) sticker with the Giker logo. Here's the link:

https://www.thecubicle.com/products/giiker-3x3-sticker-set?variant=15571783811145 [/quote]
Thank you for the link :) !
You're welcome, Maxy. Replacing 3 stickers instead of 54 sure made the job easier!
Question? If you sell this can someone that buys it still down load the app ? And the cube work? Thanks.
[quote]On Aug 13, 2019, MR Effecto wrote:

Question? If you sell this can someone that buys it still down load the app ? And the cube work? Thanks. [/quote]

Please read my 2nd & 3rd posts on page-11 of this thread and hopefully all should be clear.

You will have to send the creator proof of purchase (repurchase).

Thank you sir
I am unable to activate the app. When I enter the activation code, the app instantly stops. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the app, but the same thing occurs. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks.
@ rosariorose9: When the App is being activated for the first time it needs your Wi-Fi and BT connections 'ON'. Check that the Wi-Fi is ON and working. The App is quite efficient and connects quickly and without any problems.

Ustaad. Thanks for your input. ALWAYS appreciated!

I'm not sure that I was clear in the way I stated the problem. My problem was not in getting the app to connect - it did that quite nicely. My problem, instead, was entering the confirmation code once the app was connected. As I was manually entering the code the app would shut down. Finally solved it. Sent myself an email with the confirmation code. Then copied and pasted that code into the app, and voila, it accepted the code.

By the way, the music in the instructional video is annoying and, more importantly, interferes with my hearing the narrator - who is already hard to understand. Why do so many creators insist on putting intrusive music into their explanation videos??
Great! Nice to know that you resolved the problem. :)

Usually the code is a combination of letters + numerals. The letters are in upper case (capitals) and that's where most of us make mistakes by entering the letters in lower case.

Thanks again, Ustaad. No, I was entering the code correctly. As I would (manually) enter each new letter/number of the code, the app would delete the previously entered letter/number! The only solution was to enter the entire code in one 'move'. Weird....
That's weird, never happened with me. However All's well that ends well. :)

Before this, never happened to me either, Ustaad! Weird, indeed, and something that the creators should consider addressing. I am, by the way, using an Android phone....
[quote]On Aug 16, 2019, rosariorose9 wrote:

Before this, never happened to me either, Ustaad! Weird, indeed, and something that the creators should consider addressing. I am, by the way, using an Android phone.... [/quote]

I agree, the creator must look into the problem you faced. BTW, I am also using Android, but faced no problem like you did.

[quote]On Aug 17, 2019, Ustaad wrote:

...BTW, I am also using Android, but faced no problem like you did.

I am running Android version 9 on a Pixel 2 XL. It may be either my version of Android, or my specific phone that's the problem...
I am using Galaxy Note8, running Android version 9. So IMO its not the software.

Very nice phone, Ustaad. Are you in India? If so, what are you doing awake at 4:05 a.m? :)
No, presently I'm in the States (WA) and wide awake. ;) :)

I am in California. Washington's magic community is fortunate to have you in their State...