(Close Window)
Topic: Scorpion by Bobby Motta
Watch the trailer HERE: https://www.ellusionist.com/scorpion-reel-by-bobby-motta.html

MAKE $#!T MOVE WITH YOUR MIND

At any time using only YOUR mind, the Scorpion wireless thread reel will actually cause that chosen object to move or fall on command.

You or your spectators are nowhere near the object and an audience member can pick it up, closely inspect it and even take the object home.

In the dessert the Scorpion is the un-crowned King. Packing a mighty punch, but never out in the open to take the praise. This device has a similar role and has become an integral part of Bobby Motta’s hit show or close-up gigs over the past five years. It's never seen, but it's affects are undeniable.

For the upmost quality, Bobby designed Scorpion alongside Craig Filicetti of ProMystic. Craig's devices are used in almost all major stage, parlour and TV shows... and it's easy to see why. They just work.

As a professional entertainer performing regular weekly shows, countless monthly corporate events or making prestigious television appearances, you need something bullet-proof, dependable and extremely responsive for constant use - both on stage and for close-up applications. Trust in Scorpion.

WHAT CAN SCORPION DO?

- Telekinetic phenomena made real. Move objects from across the room, under a glass - without being anywhere near them.
- Real-time psychokinetic touches metres away from the participants... b-bye Loops.
- Fool skeptics with paranormal activity they swear is REAL.
- Create bone-chilling seance movements experienced by one person or thousands.

Find out more: https://www.ellusionist.com/scorpion-reel-by-bobby-motta.html
So basically Steve Fearsons 'Cobra Reel'
Not sure I'd be thrilled to find a Scorpion in my dessert, but...
So what is the business reasoning for it to appear on the Ellusionist site if all profits goes to Bobby (which, good for him!). I'm just very curious at the sales model for this product because it's bizarre to me that Ellusionist would carry and market something they are not going to make money on.
[quote]On Feb 27, 2019, GeraintClarke wrote:

MAKE $#!T MOVE WITH YOUR MIND

At any time using only YOUR mind, the Scorpion wireless thread reel will actually cause that chosen object to move or fall on command.[/quote]

Force Trainer Technology? Or is this what the spectator "sees"?
Looks really amazing, congratulations Bobby!
Please explain this to me: Even though the video shows a series of different PK effects done in rapid succession, in reality can the performer execute more than a single effect without stopping and doing another set-up? And by "set-up" I mean something done neither in real time nor in front of the audience.
Probably need a few of the devices to get multiple things to happen in rapid secession...

Bobby Mota is no joke though. Bill Abbott mentioned this to me not too long ago, I surprised to see Bobby M is putting this out:)
Scorpion vs Cobra :)
[quote]On Feb 27, 2019, MDantes wrote:
Probably need a few of the devices to get multiple things to happen in rapid secession...

Bobby Mota is no joke though. Bill Abbott mentioned this to me not too long ago, I surprised to see Bobby M is putting this out:) [/quote]

He released it directly months back and from what I understand, he also demo'd it on his Penguin Live. Looks absolutely phenomenal plus Craig and co. made these so I have no doubt it is QUALITY.
Looks amazing but the review left on E's site has me confused.

The review mentioned that Scorpion could do what Venom & Tarantula could do, so would that mean I'd be able to use it to suspend a ring in mid-air or float a ring onto a spec's finger?
And if so, would I need two units of the scorpion or is this achievable with one?
[quote]On Mar 1, 2019, SleightlyCurious wrote:

The review mentioned that Scorpion could do what Venom & Tarantula could do, so would that mean I'd be able to use it to suspend a ring in mid-air or float a ring onto a spec's finger? [/quote]

The hookup would be slightly different and I think the Scorpion method would be cleaner and less complicated due to the nature of the thing. It looks to have full tension control and it basically acts as slack thread until you engage it which IMHO is superior for handling than using something that has constant tension because you can be more hands free (with something like a thread boss/standard ITR and Venom, you need to hold on to the thread to lock it so that it doesn't retract back). So this is going to be similar to Tarantula for thread work but should provide further flexibility and utility due to it being remotely operated (thus you are not required to hide anything in your hand or have the actual reel on your person). It also doubles as a Real Ghost type device (Christopher Taylor's old PK touches device, which is an excellent product but sort of limited with what you can do with it, making Scorpion superior IMO). This is a A+ product across the board for what it does.

I don't actually own it but am fully aware of what it is and how it works.
I have played with one of these, It is absolutely INCREDIBLE
I had the pleasure of working a gig together with Bobby a few years back, and he closed his show with a PK water bottle effect using the Scorpion. I only got a brief look at the gimmick and setup, but what I saw was very good. The audience went NUTS at the effect, which is of course a testament to Bobby's routining and performance more than anything. But for a guy who works as much as Bobby, you know he is only going to close with something that is not only powerful, but reliable. Of course we all know Craig's reputation for building the very best electronic apparatus. This is definitely on my wish list.
[quote]On Mar 1, 2019, EobardT wrote:
I have played with one of these, It is absolutely INCREDIBLE [/quote]

Can you elaborate a bit on that please?
I own this device for about a year now and I love it.
If you have any questions feel free to ask
^ how practical are the set ups taught for some of the effects shown in the demo? Can they be done in more impromptu situations?

How is the size of the device? Hard to tell in the pic but it looks smaller that the Cobra?

How conducive is it when p*alm*d?
And does it make much of a sound?
[quote]On Mar 1, 2019, kissdadookie wrote:
[quote]On Mar 1, 2019, SleightlyCurious wrote:

The review mentioned that Scorpion could do what Venom & Tarantula could do, so would that mean I'd be able to use it to suspend a ring in mid-air or float a ring onto a spec's finger? [/quote]

The hookup would be slightly different and I think the Scorpion method would be cleaner and less complicated due to the nature of the thing. It looks to have full tension control and it basically acts as slack thread until you engage it which IMHO is superior for handling than using something that has constant tension because you can be more hands free (with something like a thread boss/standard ITR and Venom, you need to hold on to the thread to lock it so that it doesn't retract back). So this is going to be similar to Tarantula for thread work but should provide further flexibility and utility due to it being remotely operated (thus you are not required to hide anything in your hand or have the actual reel on your person). It also doubles as a Real Ghost type device (Christopher Taylor's old PK touches device, which is an excellent product but sort of limited with what you can do with it, making Scorpion superior IMO). This is a A+ product across the board for what it does.

I don't actually own it but am fully aware of what it is and how it works. [/quote]

Thanks for the informative reply (:
I purchased this last year when it was first released and it's a very well-designed device. As you may know, this is a Pro-Mystic design and collaboration between Bobby Motta and Craig. The workings are super-quiet and I love that it has a delay activation switch. So, you can be completely motionless before the object moves. There's also a magnetic switch option, which provides another "disconnect" since you are apparently doing nothing unnatural or suspicious to make an the object move with your mind. I am not familiar with Cobra and so I cannot make any comparisons. But in terms of reliability and features I'm very pleased with this purchase.
Im not a huge fan of electronics in magic but this looks phenomenal so I had to have it! After viewing the instructions it looks like a great piece of kit and I can't wait to get going with it. The only slight gripe I have is that not everything mentioned in the ad copy or shown o the demo is covered I the instructions. So be aware there may be hook ups that you will have to discover yourself. Other than that, well done to all involved, this looks like its going to be incredible!

Jamie Daws
Is this a Promystic product
[quote]On Mar 31, 2019, martley wrote:
Is this a Promystic product [/quote]

No, it isn't. It's a Motta Magic - Props for Professionals product
https://mottamagic.com/collections/frontpage/products/scorpion
It's kind of both. It is a Motta Magic release, but the product itself was built for Bobby by Craig Filicetti of Promystic.
[quote]On Mar 31, 2019, sgtgrey wrote:
It's kind of both. It is a Motta Magic release, but the product itself was built for Bobby by Craig Filicetti of Promystic. [/quote]

Thanks for sharing this insight with us. It's an excellent prop for sure, and both Bobby and ProMystic seem to offer nothing but top-notch products.
Is this only good for "darker" situations? I can't imagine this being an ideal tool for close up work?
[quote]On Mar 31, 2019, prankmonster wrote:
Is this only good for "darker" situations? I can't imagine this being an ideal tool for close up work? [/quote]

Having toyed around with it, I'd say it's perfect for parlour and stage, but not for close-up.
[quote]On Mar 31, 2019, Michael.Kegel wrote:

Having toyed around with it, I'd say it's perfect for parlour and stage, but not for close-up. [/quote]

Thanks for that prompt feedback. It does indeed look perfect stage performers, just not for my application. Great offering nonetheless!
I have had this for 3 weeks now and I've been using it at my residencies! The reactions are awesome! I've put a few videos on my insta @jamie.daws.magic and you'll see the reactions it gets. It's perfect for close up situations if you use the hook ups taught on the instructions! It really is a brilliant bit of kit! Already in love with this!

Jamie Daws
I need to get around and use mine.
Is there any routines taught on the instructions?
[quote]On Apr 1, 2019, jonxodus wrote:
Is there any routines taught on the instructions? [/quote]

There are no certain routines taught, but rather instructions given on how to move, rise, fall, vanish and levitate objects with Scorpion. The rest is left to our imagination. However, some ideas are mentioned how to implement these effects into certain routines.
If anybody want to sell their scorpion please pm me
If you want to see if working in the real world, check out my instagram @jamie.daws.magic and I've put some videos from my residencies on there!

Jamie Daws
Is there a thread pointing to the major differences between use of Scorpion vs. say The Geist by TI.

Just curious. Thank you.
If you want to find out about all the plus and minus points

Go to you tube and see the latest E Kat review it is covered in full in the latest review
[quote]On Mar 31, 2019, JamieD wrote:
I have had this for 3 weeks now and I've been using it at my residencies! The reactions are awesome! I've put a few videos on my insta @jamie.daws.magic and you'll see the reactions it gets. It's perfect for close up situations if you use the hook ups taught on the instructions! It really is a brilliant bit of kit! Already in love with this!

Jamie Daws [/quote]

Are you saying the hook ups taught on the instructions will make it a worker for close situations? And it doesn't have to be dark?
Prankmonster, absolutely! I don't perform in particularly dark places. Standard restaurants with lots of natural light as well as artificial light. The hook up taught makes it fairly self contained and as soon as the magic happens, everything vanishes. Even if they go up to the table, there is nothing to find. It's a brilliant set up and very practical!

Jamie Daws
Walk around compatible?
Message: Posted by: TheTableTopTrixta (Apr 11, 2019 02:21AM)
Hey guys, mine is for sale if anyone wants it!!
[quote]On Apr 10, 2019, JamieD wrote:
Prankmonster, absolutely! I don't perform in particularly dark places. Standard restaurants with lots of natural light as well as artificial light. The hook up taught makes it fairly self contained and as soon as the magic happens, everything vanishes. Even if they go up to the table, there is nothing to find. It's a brilliant set up and very practical!

Jamie Daws [/quote]

Thanks Jamie. Interesting. It's always funny when performers report completely opposite reactions to a product but your enthusiasm comes clearly through. You alone has gotten me interested in a scorpion. I might bite. I will check out some of your videos.
Ekaterina review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81zLE9SfmlU
[quote]On Apr 11, 2019, RodrigoGrando wrote:
Ekaterina review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81zLE9SfmlU [/quote]

Revealing the gimmick on youtube is not very professional from my point of you.
[quote]On Apr 11, 2019, academy wrote:
Ekaterina review:

Revealing the gimmick on youtube is not very professional from my point of you. [/quote]

The gimmick is in full view on the product page...nothing is "revealed" that isn't already readily available. I find it unprofessional to call someone out without looking into it first...
[quote]On Apr 14, 2019, Danny Crook wrote:
Ekaterina review:

Revealing the gimmick on youtube is not very professional from my point of you. [/quote]

The gimmick is in full view on the product page...nothing is "revealed" that isn't already readily available. I find it unprofessional to call someone out without looking into it first... [/quote]

Thank you for your suggestion... First, a magic shop is not a public youtube video. Second, inventor and distributor can do anything they want with their product while a reviewer should be more careful. I believe there should be some difference between a review and a tutorial.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Apr 16, 2019 05:16PM)
[quote]On Mar 1, 2019, kissdadookie wrote:
It also doubles as a Real Ghost type device (Christopher Taylor's old PK touches device, which is an excellent product but sort of limited with what you can do with it, making Scorpion superior IMO). [/quote]

I have no intention of high-jacking this thread but I do need to correct the above inaccurate statement about one of my products. Real Ghost's most recent iteration is called Geist, which has many, many applications which no other unit available can duplicate. Plus, Geist comes with my (totally propitiatory) method of attaining a hands-off PK Touch which is not available with any other similar device. At least, because I have not given permission for it, it SHOULD NOT be included with any other device.

All the best,

Christopher Taylor
Ekaterina review:

The gimmick is in full view on the product page...nothing is "revealed" that isn't already readily available. I find it unprofessional to call someone out without looking into it first... [/quote]

I agree and if you Listen to the Review that is exactly what E-Cat said !
[quote]On Apr 14, 2019, academy wrote:
Ekaterina review:

Thank you for your suggestion... First, a magic shop is not a public youtube video. Second, inventor and distributor can do anything they want with their product while a reviewer should be more careful. I believe there should be some difference between a review and a tutorial. [/quote]

I didn't make any suggestions.

I will though...

Get yourself a Scorpion!
How does the tension control work? Can the reel maintain tension like a traditional ITR? Also, is there an ability to toggle always on mode like the Vectra Cobra?

Thanks!
Tension is set by the user pre performance. You can manually make adjustments to your preferences.
Any UK dealers stocking this?
[quote]On Apr 11, 2019, TheTableTopTrixta wrote:
Hey guys, mine is for sale if anyone wants it!! [/quote]

Hi TheTableTopTrixta I’ve sent you a PM